Davinci by Karma

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I don't have any drawback as far as vape production. It just all depends on your needs. I prefer different vapes at different times. I enjoyed my DV all morning and the solo now and may or may not switch later who knows.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

krunch

I am leaning very strongly to purchase a Davinci. Are there any serious drawbacks in terms of the vapor production?
It's this or the Arizer Solo, which, from what I have read on this site, is bulkier than as a portable. I also think the stealth is much better here.
I still get what I consider incredible product delivery from the Iolite so would not want something lower than that standard wise, you know how it is when something's missing?
the solo is a bit easier to clean and repack, but at the cost of stealthiness. Vapor quality is pretty even imo but i've only used the solo a few times

krunch,

dayqp

Hello Im a Vape Noob my self. Please Read and help me!!!

My first vaporizer was a Magic Flight Lauch box knock off called the Dragon Lite (http://compare.ebay.com/like/221146914314?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar) it was only $30 and it was a great introduction to the vape world.

However, I immediately saw the need for temperature control so this (along with the storage compartment, the ability to do oils and herbs and the ability to smoke and charge) was my reason to purchase the Davinci. Ive had mine for about 2 weeks and I like it alot. But I have a few questions/concerns.

MY REVIEW of the Davinci Vaporizer:

The Battery life isnt that great, I find my self charging it when ever i can to avoid running out of juice. But i need to do the same with my laptop so its not too much of a hassle. I get about 4-5 sessions.

If you put the herbs directly in the chamber, its hard to empty while saving your ABV. So I decided to grind my herbs using the credit card grinder until its a nice almost-powder. Then i load it in the oil cans. I purchased 4 more cans because i smoke about 5 cans a day, and having preloaded cans help save time. I just pack them all in the morning or the night before. (Im a programmer who works on the go). One problem i found is, I dont get much vapor this way, untill I TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN to allow the oil can to fall on the top chamber forming a seal... the vape is STRONG AS HELL then (375F). However, I am a NOOB, so this may not be the best way to vape with it...Thats why im posting here, i need feedback.

It smells. The reason I wanted a vaporizer is because my girlfriend kept making me smoke my blunts on the balcony because of the smell, but it January...Very cold!!!! Even though the DV doesnt smell nearly as strong as a blunt, she still complains. I hear that the top chamber (that unscrews) can be used to load Material to help mask the smell... but what material?? Any Tips to help me vape odorless?

I still love it, it does the job and has all the bells and whistles, but I really need tips on how to use it more efficiently.

Though im a veteran blunt smoker, champion roller lol...Im new to the idea of oils, paste or butter that you can vape. Do you have any tips on where I can learn about these types of THC products? Id like to make my own?!?

One thing I can say about vaping is I love that I save on material, I went from Reggie to LOUD packs where 7g for $120 doesnt seem so bad anymore. Because that was an average of $15-$20 a blunt. But now, I can get 50-58 cans out of 7g and be high as hell at the end of each one. Not to menton cooking with your leftover AVB.

Anyway, Id love to hear what you guys think about this. And please, give me some tips. Better yet start a thread called Davinci tips

dayqp,

krunch

My first vaporizer was a Magic Flight Lauch box knock off called the Dragon Lite (http://compare.ebay.com/like/221146914314?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar) it was only $30 and it was a great introduction to the vape world.

However, I immediately saw the need for temperature control so this (along with the storage compartment, the ability to do oils and herbs and the ability to smoke and charge) was my reason to purchase the Davinci. Ive had mine for about 2 weeks and I like it alot. But I have a few questions/concerns.

MY REVIEW of the Davinci Vaporizer:

The Battery life isnt that great, I find my self charging it when ever i can to avoid running out of juice. But i need to do the same with my laptop so its not too much of a hassle. I get about 4-5 sessions.

If you put the herbs directly in the chamber, its hard to empty while saving your ABV. So I decided to grind my herbs using the credit card grinder until its a nice almost-powder. Then i load it in the oil cans. I purchased 4 more cans because i smoke about 5 cans a day, and having preloaded cans help save time. I just pack them all in the morning or the night before. (Im a programmer who works on the go). One problem i found is, I dont get much vapor this way, untill I TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN to allow the oil can to fall on the top chamber forming a seal... the vape is STRONG AS HELL then (375F). However, I am a NOOB, so this may not be the best way to vape with it...Thats why im posting here, i need feedback.

It smells. The reason I wanted a vaporizer is because my girlfriend kept making me smoke my blunts on the balcony because of the smell, but it January...Very cold!!!! Even though the DV doesnt smell nearly as strong as a blunt, she still complains. I hear that the top chamber (that unscrews) can be used to load Material to help mask the smell... but what material?? Any Tips to help me vape odorless?

I still love it, it does the job and has all the bells and whistles, but I really need tips on how to use it more efficiently.

Though im a veteran blunt smoker, champion roller lol...Im new to the idea of oils, paste or butter that you can vape. Do you have any tips on where I can learn about these types of THC products? Id like to make my own?!?

One thing I can say about vaping is I love that I save on material, I went from Reggie to LOUD packs where 7g for $120 doesnt seem so bad anymore. Because that was an average of $15-$20 a blunt. But now, I can get 50-58 cans out of 7g and be high as hell at the end of each one. Not to menton cooking with your leftover AVB.

Anyway, Id love to hear what you guys think about this. And please, give me some tips. Better yet start a thread called Davinci tips
use a sploof
classic_1-300x225.jpg

krunch,
Reactions: dayqp

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It smells. The reason I wanted a vaporizer is because my girlfriend kept making me smoke my blunts on the balcony because of the smell, but it January...Very cold!!!! Even though the DV doesnt smell nearly as strong as a blunt, she still complains.

Date rape drug in her tea. She'll pass out and you can vape in peace. Hell, go crazy and watch SportsCenter while you're at it.

You're welcome.

Don't invite friends over when you do this.... trust me. :disgust:

:peace:

dayqp

Date rape drug in her tea. She'll pass out and you can vape in peace. Hell, go crazy and watch SportsCenter while you're at it.

You're welcome.

Don't invite friends over when you do this.... trust me. :disgust:

:peace:

lmao...damn son

dayqp,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dear FC members,

As the designer and manufacturer of Da Vinci, I would like to address the comments regarding mystery vapor and offer this comprehensive response.

Thanks for coming forth with that. I was in the camp of those who had written this one off due to the reported offgassing and lack of explanation from you. I had even stopped checking the thread and didn't pull the trigger on one for $80. ($80!!! Can you believe that? And that's even after Max's recommendation, which is usually a must have.) So this issue was enough to steer me away, through no fault of your own as we have seen some wierd shit on this here web, and an airpath is a precious thing that is to be inspected, protectd and cherished!

How I felt about your silence on this issue didn't match everything I inferred from your presence on here as one of the good guys. So thank you for clearing all that up. I find your next endeavour interesting and will see you over there....

Regarding mica...please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it goes like this: Yeah, the msds sheet says it's safe, but it can fragment. And while it won't offgas anything, I've seen it kind of crumble in some circumstances and forms. Arizer has weathered the storm after having it in the Extreme vape and even kept it in their Solo...both favorites of mine. They argue that even if it could splinter off, it won't in a static design. (Again, if any of you know I'm wrong, jump on in...I'm feelin good!) So if it's not in the airpath, who cares.

stickstones,

pecosthecat

Wow, the Ascent looks very interesting. I might need to add that one to the arsenal.

I've been using my davinci quite a bit recently. It is my go-to vape for going out and about, hiking, etc. The only things I really don't like about it:

1. Taste is not as good as the solo
2. It is a royal pain in the ass to load, unload and clean. A real design flaw in my opinion.

I've no complaints about the vapor production and I love the small size and easy draw.

pecosthecat,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
If you put the herbs directly in the chamber, its hard to empty while saving your ABV. So I decided to grind my herbs using the credit card grinder until its a nice almost-powder. Then i load it in the oil cans. I purchased 4 more cans because i smoke about 5 cans a day, and having preloaded cans help save time. I just pack them all in the morning or the night before. (Im a programmer who works on the go). One problem i found is, I dont get much vapor this way, until I TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN to allow the oil can to fall on the top chamber forming a seal... the vape is STRONG AS HELL then (375F). However, I am a NOOB, so this may not be the best way to vape with it...Thats why im posting here, i need feedback.
First I'd like to say welcome to the Da Vinci thread. I know it's a lot, but there is much wisdom and experience in the previous 68 pages so try to give them a quick once over.

When using the oil cans, I found that not screwing the upper chamber all the way on,
leaving a few threads visible works to take up that room.
1zhTjmX.jpg

I found opening the bottom hole up on the can a little bit helps. As described earlier in this thread. Not a lot but enough for just the tapered end of the brush to pass. I first pack the can then put the brush through the middle of the load.
UHSMiGY.jpg

One problem i found is, I dont get much vapor this way, untill I TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN to allow the oil can to fall on the top chamber forming a seal...
If you do a sharp draw at first it will lift the can up some to seal and then you can adjust your draw to your desired draw speed.
It smells.Any Tips to help me vape odorless?
A lower temperture may give you a lighter smell in combination with earlier suggestion from Dreamer to pre-heat empty may take care of it.

1_gr8_underdog,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Hey I bought a davinci and it never stops charging. Never indicates its fully charged. It dies on me very quick too. I'm only getting about 20minutes of continous use and my temp setting is around 390. I've tried to contact davinci on their homepage contact us tab and a week later no reply. Any help?

NYC5IKH5jabi,

1_gr8_underdog

Hey I bought a davinci and it never stops charging. Never indicates its fully charged. It dies on me very quick too. I'm only getting about 20minutes of continous use and my temp setting is around 390. I've tried to contact davinci on their homepage contact us tab and a week later no reply. Any help?
Is it that your bars never stop cycling while it is plugged in? Do you have it switched on while charging right? Have you ran the battery excessively low? When charged my battery shows 4 bars and does not cycle anymore.
Where did you purchase this?
You could try calling them 800-336-7224

1_gr8_underdog,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Is it that your bars never stop cycling while it is plugged in? Do you have it switched on while charging right? Have you ran the battery excessively low? When charged my battery shows 4 bars and does not cycle anymore.
Where did you purchase this?
You could try calling them 800-336-7224
Yea it keeps charging. The little icon keeps blinking from one bar to two bars to three to four back to one and then two etc. I didn't buy from them directly I bought it from a head shop. Would that be a problem?

NYC5IKH5jabi,

1_gr8_underdog

Yea it keeps charging. The little icon keeps blinking from one bar to two bars to three to four back to one and then two etc. I didn't buy from them directly I bought it from a head shop. Would that be a problem?
not sure it could be the charger try this but be careful
r81aKAX.jpg

Set meter to dc volts put positive (RED) inside hole(used a safety pin because lead tip was to big to fit) and negative (BLACK) lead on outside it should read between 13.64~13.67 vdc.

GreenRoom

There were a couple posts on this a few pages back. I have the same problem. It's just a display problem and shouldn't affect the actual charge. Try charging it overnight. And the battery gets better after a few uses. It needs a little breaking in.

Hey dayqp.......Get a new girlfriend. I married a girl that hates when I smoke and it's turning into a f*cking nightmare.

OF

There were a couple posts on this a few pages back. I have the same problem. It's just a display problem and shouldn't affect the actual charge. Try charging it overnight. And the battery gets better after a few uses. It needs a little breaking in.

Hey dayqp.......Get a new girlfriend. I married a girl that hates when I smoke and it's turning into a f*cking nightmare.

The gentleman from 'back East' that looks more like a tree nailed it. Several owners have reported this 'goes away' with a few cycles. This is fairly common with series strings of these kinds of batteries (technically a battery is two or more cells working together, same as a battery of artillery is two or more guns working together, one alone is a cell or gun....not a battery as we incorrectly call it sometimes). The issue is continuing to charge the weak one when the stronger ones are fully charged. Overcharging more than a bit has to be avoided or it kills the cell (which may be exactly what's caused Li-ion battery failures prompting the grounding of the Boeing 787 fleet right now ironically). Long term (over many charge cycles) modest overcharging of the stronger cells in the string brings the weak one up to strength (where it usually stays due to this 'finishing charge'. Use it, don't run it all the way to the bottom (which could hurt the weak one) and charge it up again (several hours each time), I bet it recovers.

Short of sending it back, it's your best option I think.

Good luck.

OF

1_gr8_underdog

That(technically a battery is two or more cells working together, one alone is a cell or gun....not a battery as we incorrectly call it sometimes). The issue is continuing to charge the weak one when the stronger ones are fully charged. Overcharging more than a bit has to be avoided or it kills the cell
Long term (over many charge cycles) modest overcharging of the stronger cells in the string brings the weak one up to strength (where it usually stays due to this 'finishing charge'. Use it, don't run it all the way to the bottom (which could hurt the weak one) and charge it up again (several hours each time), I bet it recovers.
I wonder if they could implement a balance charger in the future? Or maybe I'm:worms:
The gentleman from 'back East' that looks more like a tree nailed it. Several owners have reported this 'goes away' with a few cycles. Short of sending it back, it's your best option I think.OF
I would agree completely, I just realized it was another members post who said he owned for two weeks
I didn't buy from them directly I bought it from a head shop. Would that be a problem?
I don't believe this is a problem there customer care is top notch:tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

OF

I wonder if they could implement a balance charger in the future? Or maybe I'm:worms:

Sure they can, "speed cost money, how fast can you afford to go?". They have a solid (it seems) protection circuit (the battery pack it tapped, you can see it in the photos) that seems to keep it under control. Making it more expensive and complex might not be the best call?

OF

dayqp

First I'd like to say welcome to the Da Vinci thread. I know it's a lot, but there is much wisdom and experience in the previous 68 pages so try to give them a quick once over.
Thanks alot, yeah 68 pages is alot, but if I knew there were tips like yours here I would have taken an hour or so to look over it. But with that being said, some one should someup all the tips into 1 forum.

When using the oil cans, I found that not screwing the upper chamber all the way on,
leaving a few threads visible works to take up that room.
Ill try the unscrewing tip, but wouldnt it suck if the top slowly unscrewed itsself making it impossible to open? Im still going to try it, but boy would that suck.

I found opening the bottom hole up on the can a little bit helps. As described earlier in this thread. Not a lot but enough for just the tapered end of the brush to pass. I first pack the can then put the brush through the middle of the load.
Ok ill try that on a spare can, did you use a drill? what size bit?

dayqp,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Ill try the unscrewing tip, but wouldnt it suck if the top slowly unscrewed itself making it impossible to open? Im still going to try it, but boy would that suck.

You could just leave the upper chamber cap completely off, since you're using oil cans it really serves no function whatsoever. This would also avoid the cap potentially getting stuck.

We originally built the upper chamber for flavor "sticks"..but couldn't find anything that was built from quality material. However, I did put some hookah tobacco in there once and it worked pretty well. Purists could argue..why ruin the taste..but also might help with your smell issue.

1_gr8_underdog

Ok ill try that on a spare can, did you use a drill? what size bit?
No I used a leatherman but I would guess I opened it up to 3mm +/- or probably 7/64ths s.a.e.

You could just leave the upper chamber cap completely off, since you're using oil cans it really serves no function whatsoever. This would also avoid the cap potentially getting stuck.
We originally built the upper chamber for flavor "sticks"..but couldn't find anything that was built from quality material. However, I did put some hookah tobacco in there once and it worked pretty well. Purists could argue..why ruin the taste..but also might help with your smell issue.
That's a good idea. I don't think of this because I use this for herb blending high temp herbs in oil/herb can in bottom chamber lower temp herbs very loosely packed maybe 1/4 full in top chamber.
I love this feature
Question: @ Da Vinci.... What are your thoughts on using these in the Da Vinci? http://www.shiazo.us/shop/steam-stones/green-apple/

1_gr8_underdog,
Top Bottom