Davinci by Karma

escierdanyc

I recommend enjoying herb after a run. I've heard exercising helps opens up your receptors. Always does me good.
Agreed. I smoke every night after working out. Feels great. However I hate running so much that I can only enjoy it if I'm high haha.

escierdanyc,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It's really admirable that the Davinci team really stands behind their product! I love my DV - it gets me nice for my ride home from work every day. Any plans on new adapters in the near future - maybe a WPA?

mvapes,
Reactions: OF

OF

I love my DV - it gets me nice for my ride home from work every day.

Wow! There's a testimonial worth paying attention to. In a way, it's about all you can really ask of a vape, isn't it?

OF

OF,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Hey FC,
First time post here. I am not one to usually post, blog, or do a review but...........
Just received my Da Vinci Vaporizer
Initial thoughts, (4 runs and a charge)
The unit came boxed very nicely. The instructions are written in plain English w/ picture references. I Like that a temp guide is on the box and the manual. The build on this vaporizer feels very sturdy and fits very nicely in your hand/ pocket. The heating time is fast. I think it is worth mentioning that the ability to blend different raw material between the upper and lower chamber is a outstanding,and unique feature to this vaporizer. It also allows for use of oil (w/ the oil can) in the bottom chamber and raw plant material in the top chamber. There is good vapor production and flavor. It has evenly browned my raw material consistently. Digital display and temp adjustment are nice. It seems to be pretty efficient. Thought the on-board storage compartment and the cleaning brush was a smart use of space. I am overall very pleased with this unit so far. Will try to post a 30 day follow up for those interested. Keep vaping.:tup:

max

Out to lunch
I think it is worth mentioning that the ability to blend different raw material between the upper and lower chamber is a outstanding,and unique feature to this vaporizer.
You should have done some reading here before posting that. The upper chamber does not work well (also making cleaning chores much more difficult) as a bowl area, and personally, I don't think it was designed with that purpose in mind.

It also allows for use of oil (w/ the oil can) in the bottom chamber and raw plant material in the top chamber.
Again, if you'd read the thread I don't think you'd be posting that.

Will try to post a 30 day follow up for those interested.
I'd suggest reading the thread first. Glad you're happy with your purchase though.

1_gr8_underdog

I have read the thread. This is my personal opinion/ experience. Your's may vary, doesn't make me wrong.:cool:

1_gr8_underdog,

1_gr8_underdog

I have read the thread. This is my personal opinion/ experience. Your's may vary, doesn't make me wrong.:cool:
As far cleaning if your vaping properly you shouldn't have alot of cleaning of do. on any vaporizer
I own/use a Da vinci, sv2, mflb, raydiant by mori, and the extreme q

1_gr8_underdog,

max

Out to lunch
I have read the thread.
Your post certainly doesn't reflect it. You've completly ignored the contrary experience of many other DV users.

doesn't make me wrong.
Maybe not wrong, but definitely in the minority.

if your vaping properly you shouldn't have alot of cleaning of do. on any vaporizer
I'll leave that 'opinion' alone, aside from saying that your posting style is a little at odds with what works best here at FC.

max,

OF

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/how-to-guide/
here is where you can find how to use the Da Vinci with the upper chamber along with other tips in video or pdf format
If anyone is interested.....:tup:

Thanks. Howdy, welcome to the fun

Be assured there's a lot of us here that are interested. Both in what the maker said and your opinions. As those opinions become based on more and more experience we will naturally put more weight on them.

For now, Max has an excellent point that may have been missed. Our (general) experience doesn't square with all of yours. For instance, I tried the upper/lower chamber thing both with herb/herb and concentrate/herb configurations. I too found the upper chamber useless as it ran 'later' and cooler that the lower chamber. It might work for other botanicals (say ones with lower 'magic temperatures'?), but IMO for herb it doesn't happen. Have you actually tried it?

Don't get me wrong, I like it for what it is.....which I think is really the topic?

Thanks again, looking forward to your opinions. But I do think Max has a good point, there's a lot of good history/education in those 1200 posts.

OF

OF,
Reactions: t-dub

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have also tried the upper chamber but not with oil since as of yet I don't use oil to vape. I found it useless as well. As far as cleaning that made me laugh because the resin alone mucks up any vape if you have anything worth a grain of salt. Now if you aren't using herb then I have no idea what happens in a vape.

Edit: To clarify, the lower chamber was empty so I could give the most heat to the tip and still nothing. I have also tried loading the cans with herb and nothing really useful.

Dreamerr,

1_gr8_underdog

Ye
Thanks. Howdy, welcome to the fun

Be assured there's a lot of us here that are interested. Both in what the maker said and your opinions. As those opinions become based on more and more experience we will naturally put more weight on them.

For now, Max has an excellent point that may have been missed. Our (general) experience doesn't square with all of yours. For instance, I tried the upper/lower chamber thing both with herb/herb and concentrate/herb configurations. I too found the upper chamber useless as it ran 'later' and cooler that the lower chamber. It might work for other botanicals (say ones with lower 'magic temperatures'?), but IMO for herb it doesn't happen. Have you actually tried it?

Don't get me wrong, I like it for what it is.....which I think is really the topic?

Thanks again, looking forward to your opinions. But I do think Max has a good point, there's a lot of good history/education in those 1200 posts.

OF
yes OF exactly. I found it nice to use good herb in bottom and citrus bergamia in the upper the temps are around 70 f off or so between the materials. I found the citrus hint a nice accent. but thanks for reading and with the next update I will have more herbal blend ideas and thoughts. I started vaping in 1997 so I got a little experience in the field also.

OF

but thanks for reading and with the next update I will have more herbal blend ideas and thoughts.

You're welcome. Please do so.

I still think Max has a good point at several levels, not the least of which is the "posting style is a little at odds with what works best here at FC" part. Case in point here, the point that you were talking about herbal blends on a forum dedicated to cannabis did not make it through in your initial post. Reading some posts from this (or other FC) forums might help here?

Thanks again for joining the discussion, looking forward to your future thoughts.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I agree with OF and also want to welcome you to the forum. I myself have found it informative, useful and met some really nice people. I guess your next step if it is within the rules is to make a thread on alternative herbal stuff. I will be the first to join the thread as I am looking to use herbs to vape to possible help some more of my stuff. I don't do drugs(I think they call this medicine in doc communities:D) unless it is my last resort. They are very ineffective and have way to many side effects.

Dreamerr,

Pfb1500

I am getting my DV this week. I am looking forward to my first portable Vape. Any suggestions with the learning curve would be appreciated.

Pfb1500,

OF

I am getting my DV this week. I am looking forward to my first portable Vape. Any suggestions with the learning curve would be appreciated.

Howdy, and congratulations. Welcome to the fun.

As a 'first vape' you've got some things working for you, some against. It's a regulated temperature unit (big plus at first), stick to the default 375 degrees until you're 'up to speed'. Early units had smell issues, it's probably a good idea to run it empty a time or two anyway, but this will give you a chance to check out operation and so on.

Then, grind up your best bud, make sure it's good and dry, fill the chamber full without packing it very tight, close the lid and give it a go. You'll need several hits once it makes temperature to get vapor going well, taste will mostly be in the first few, THC comes after that. Don't expect to see a lot of 'smoke'. Slack off after a few hits, put it back in standby, and wait for the effects. It's not like blazing, the lack of nasty stuff makes your reaction different, give it a little time.

Daunting as SS suggestion to 'read 1200 posts' is, it's good advice IMO. I'd set aside a few sessions at the computer to skim through them, looking for the important stuff, there's a lot of it in there.

Good luck, please let us know how it turns out?

OF

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
All of them? Is it good or bad news on the DV?

Its always good to just learn from others mistakes - lol, your going to really enjoy the DV. It has very little learning curve, easily concealed, and quite honestly its - its own travel case! I have very few complaints about the unit myself and I can be quite picky. 1 Tip I can offer - when loading the unit use a piece of paper folded into a make-shift funnel, makes filling both the heat chamber and storage compartment super easy.

good luck with your new toy - good choice in vapes!

OF

Is it good or bad news on the DV?

Yes.

It is both, that's the point. Otherwise you could trust someone else to make your decisions for you? Most of life is a compromise, this is no exception.

My suggestion to find the time to at least scan them stands.

OF

stickstones

Vapor concierge
All of them? Is it good or bad news on the DV?

both. just get hammered and sit down in front of the screen. I rolled through two threads the other day for a couple of vapes I was considering. One was 10 pages and the other 60. In the end I decided against getting either one. But I no longer buy a vape unless there is a good thread here first.

OF

The Engineer says it's pass through.

Ah, so. Thanks for the info. So that means it's not going to charge from some "12 Volt" sources? 13.6 Volts is fine, for instance, while the car engine is running but not when it's off. Unlike charging say a cell phone.

Still, useful if it works where you need it.

OF

OF,

hitnrun

Ah, so. << SNIP >> Still, useful if it works where you need it.

OF

Very nicely, by my experience. Bought mine almost a month ago. Said charger enabled several friends and myself to thoroughly enjoy unfettered "Davinci moments" -- as one friend likes to call them -- during a 10+ hour road trip, and still have a full charge at destination. :tup::tup: Not to mention during the return trip. The VPs can debate whether it's worthy of its asking price (~$20) but wouldn't we have had a long, lowly trip back home without it!

hitnrun,

MrNorml

Case in point here, the point that you were talking about herbal blends on a forum dedicated to cannabis did not make it through in your initial post.

i almost hate to ask, but isn't the thread about the Davinci, not cannibis in a Davinci? Not trying to be a know it all, not trying to inflame etc.. but seems this herbal user was posting in the proper place and manner... ?

MrNorml,
Top Bottom