Davinci by Karma

pecosthecat

The solo is mostly convection. It really only produces vapor when one is inhaling.

With regards to battery life, keep in mind that the solo has a very large battery.

pecosthecat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
stickstones said:
I don't have a Solo, but it seems to be a convection vape with some ambient conduction as the glass gets hot. I'll bet that if you turned on a packed Solo and let it sit there on with no inhaling, you would get no vapor trickling out. No one is making conduction vapes any more. The MFLB is the closest thing to a conduction vape I have seen, and it is mostly convection.

I agree with your first sentence, stickstones. However when you fire up a Solo, vapor does begin streaming out of the stem fairly quickly once the glass stem warms up. There's a good bit of conduction going on there.

:peace:

Stu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
Thanks...didn't know that!

Thanks for indulging my derail...now let's get back on topic.

stickstones,

pecosthecat

I haven't noticed vapor "streaming" out of the solo while it is sitting. Maybe a little wisp now and then, but I haven't noticed any steady stream blowing out.

Stu said:
stickstones said:
I don't have a Solo, but it seems to be a convection vape with some ambient conduction as the glass gets hot. I'll bet that if you turned on a packed Solo and let it sit there on with no inhaling, you would get no vapor trickling out. No one is making conduction vapes any more. The MFLB is the closest thing to a conduction vape I have seen, and it is mostly convection.

I agree with your first sentence, stickstones. However when you fire up a Solo, vapor does begin streaming out of the stem fairly quickly once the glass stem warms up. There's a good bit of conduction going on there.

pecosthecat,
I've been checking this thread often hoping for a video. This portable looks promising, but with this long of a delay on a simple video, I'm wondering how good the customer service would be.

VaporBoxed,

Adobewan

Lack of vid makes me wonder as well VaporBoxed. It's been three days in the "youtube-ing". Also never got a response to my battery powered Iolite question. Once G over at THC Sci releases the herb cart, the search will be over, but until then, the search for the best portable flower vaporizer continues.
Much as I like certain aspects of my TV, I've found myself going back to my Iolite when traveling with flowers. If not for the hiss, that would be close to the perfect portable IMO.

Adobewan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
pecosthecat said:
I haven't noticed vapor "streaming" out of the solo while it is sitting. Maybe a little wisp now and then, but I haven't noticed any steady stream blowing out.
Streaming was a poor choice of words. "Wisping" would be better, I agree.

/thread_derail

Stu,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Sorry for the delays on the video...I've been out sick for a couple days and I'll go ahead and blame the lawyers while I'm at it ;-)

We take great pride in our customer service. I know we've had emails from several of you and we appreciate the feedback. I can almost always be reached at vaporizer@karmaclassic.com

Here it is and I apologize for not looking like a glamorous spokesmodel...one of these days I'll grow some eyebrows :)

http://youtu.be/vY3eydIPPTM

Sorry Adobewan, I somehow missed your post....
it might have a few visual similarities to iolite, but is quite different

Davinci_vaporizer,

jackmormon

Lance,

Is the zero cloud thing in the video the fault of the lawyers or the vape?

jackmormon,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Vaporboxed, yeah, I can temp it higher to produce smoke. It will temp up to 420 degrees and there will definitely be some smoke at higher temps as carcinogens start kicking in.

jackmormon, the vape. the first draw out of the box will sometimes have smoke, this was the second take on the video. I also temped it down since I was using tobacco.

We'll be adding a booklet in with the vape with different vaping temps. I'm still new to some of these myself, like chamomile and lavender.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Adobewan

Thanks Davinci,
Can you mention how it differs from the Iolite?
Also, lack of eyebrows are completely acceptable for a vape manufacturer, you did great despite the brow fur. Lack of vapor, when actually having the sense to load tobacco so no worries about incrimination, perhaps not as much. Nice to see a tour of the piece, but it's performance the forum has clearly been waiting to see.
If you want to increase your pre-orders, consider demonstrating vapor production, battery and bowl longevity, and ease of loading and reloading on the go.

Good luck, hope it's awesome!

Adobewan,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
You're welcome Adobewan,

Iolite is butane and ours is battery operated
ours has a temp setting so you can manually temp it depending on what you're vaporizing.
our straw is high temp food grade silicon (I honestly don't know what theirs is made from)

I'll shoot another video with the performance. This one was a tour of the davinci and I was using a prototype. It will focus solely on vapor production, etc. and including loading it up.
There will also be a few slight cosmetic changes between this early factory model and the actual street version including the chamber will have a rounded cone=shaped contour so the matter is more easily put into the chamber with less spillage. The door will also open wider due to a few changes with the hinge.

Davinci_vaporizer,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Looking really good there.

Are you still expecting around an hour for the battery life for the finished models?

Not sure if this has been asked, but can it handle concentrates at all?

Also, what is the expected lifetime of the batteries and are they changeable?

And, how accurate do you think the temp readings are?

J.R.R.Tokin',

caseball2051

cool vido davinci. If i was in the market for another portable this would be very high on my list!

i looked very briefly on the site, have you all decided on a warranty?

That is an important piece of information for many here!

caseball2051,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks for the video! Very much looking forward to a video in use and also when you refer to smoke are you actually meaning combustion or just really thick vapour that can contain some carcinogens at higher temps?

Also looking forward to the materials list, thanks.

vape4life,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Looking really good there.

Are you still expecting around an hour for the battery life for the finished models?

Not sure if this has been asked, but can it handle concentrates at all?

Also, what is the expected lifetime of the batteries and are they changeable?

And, how accurate do you think the temp readings are?

Thanks.

Yes, give or take. A lot of factors with the battery life.
If someone is constantly drawing on the unit with huge inhales, it will use more battery life. Sustained higher temps and keeping it on with the master power switch when not in use will also drain the battery life more. We tried to get more battery life by using a 4th battery, but it wouldn't fit into an already cramped internal space.

caseball, we will have warranty information soon. There are a couple more stress tests to perform.

vape4life, thick vapor from the higher temps. If someone wants the smoke, they can temp it up higher.

Davinci_vaporizer,

vape4life

Banned for life
So is it possible to combust?

Have you heard back from the engineer regarding materials list/safety?

vape4life,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
vape4life said:
So is it possible to combust?

Have you heard back from the engineer regarding materials list/safety?

a little, if you temp it high enough

the straw is made from high temp food grade silicone, the airpath and internal components, not counting the circuit board are all high temp food grade plastic (non-gassing) and the soder is non-lead based.

the other components, there are a few last minute changes on some of them. Mostly due to some heating tests we conducted. Going with stronger mil spec plastics in some areas.

We try to be perfectionists :)

Davinci_vaporizer,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Davinci_vaporizer,

I had a hard time trying to collect a picture to match my private CD-ROM collection of vaporizer images. This is the best i could come up with:

(Karma DaVinci Pocket Vaporizer)

Would it be possible to get something slightly more detailed? I believe this particular brand/model can be quite appealing for its "stealthy" aspect, especially to senior elders who will just see some communication device looking at it... It doesn't have to be spectacular on HDTV, SVGA resolution would be more than adequate. It seems it might be worth the attention in any case.

Egzoset,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Egzoset said:
Salutations Davinci_vaporizer,

I had a hard time trying to collect a picture to match my private CD-ROM collection of vaporizer images. This is the best i could come up with:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/iw6noi.jpg
(Karma DaVinci Pocket Vaporizer)

Would it be possible to get something slightly more detailed? I believe this particular brand/model can be quite appealing for its "stealthy" aspect, especially to senior elders who will just see some communication device looking at it... It doesn't have to be spectacular on HDTV, SVGA resolution would be more than adequate. It seems it might be worth the attention in any case.

no problem, email me vaporizer@karmaclassic.com and I'll get you some higher res images.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Egzoset

Banned
Wow! That's really much nicer, too bad everyone can't see it here.

I can distinguish where the earphone plugs in quite clearly, euh... Oh, Sorry! This must be the inlet airport i guess!... Just joking... :D

This gesture is most appreciated in any case, thank you and good luck with the Karma DaVinci Pocket vaporizer!

:bowdown:

Egzoset,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Egzoset said:
Wow! That's really much nicer, too bad everyone can't see it here.

I can distinguish where the earphone plugs in quite clearly, euh... Oh, Sorry! This must be the inlet airport i guess!... Just joking... :D

This gesture is most appreciated in any case, thank you and good luck with the Karma DaVinci Pocket vaporizer!

:bowdown:
Thanks.
Glad I could be of assistance.

I'm putting together media kits and reseller ad packages and am gathering a lot of hi-res images, logos, graphics, etc.

I was joking here at the office about adding an MP3 player into one of the future iterations :)

JRR Tokin, I somehow missed you question about concentrates...in it's current form, it can't due to having a fine mesh screen at the bottom of the chamber. However, we're working on a "barrel" which will be a cylinder that can have concentrates added to it and it can be dropped into the chamber. We won't have them ready in time for launch, but expect to have them in early Q2.

The expected lifetime of the batteries will depend on use, but we're running some tests to see if we can stress test them enough to have a better idea. Not replaceable at the moment.

Temp readings are accurate within a couple degrees, due to the way the microprocessor is setup to read them (some proprietary information in use with that).

Davinci_vaporizer,

Egzoset

Banned
Egzoset said:
I can distinguish where the earphone plugs in quite clearly, euh...
Davinci_vaporizer said:
I was joking here at the office about adding an MP3 player...

I'll bet the future owners themselves won't mind that there's no built-in player inside. On another hand, relatively to promotional material, i've done just that with my CD-ROM as there are 2 players with some appropriate music on it, in case this might come to prove handy someday!...

Thanks again, that picture will make a nice addition to my collection: i can't think of many portables in that niche, you've made my day!

69.gif

Egzoset,
Top Bottom