David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I put out a lot of vids on the first day, water was really high. I now run mine with about a cm of water over the top of the frit. I noticed my mini "burps" if it's much lower than that, when I first start to draw. My Solo offers some resistance (even with the newer stem) compared to when it's just a dome, so I can stack about half the can on a pull, then when I slide the adapter up to carb, I get full to the top stacking. An occasional kiss but I don't mind, as I keep my set up clean. Thanks for the reply Rooster.

Maybe it's time to update my vids... :brow:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Ronald Regan

TP here, Yes mods I know, I'm banned for something or other. I always respect them but i saw this and damn near shit out a small south american country over the last few pages.

The general feeling I get is that most posters here agree that my invention is an improvement over prior art. I certainly think so.

I love how you call your sci glass art. gives me a hell of a kick

You are really considering much less of the picture than it takes to have an objective disposition.
If one were to take your premise to the logical conclusion, you would never be able to leave walmart, unless they outsourced your minimum wage job to prison labor and threw you out of the store.

Do you work for a living? Would you like it if you got canned because some bottom feeder is willing to do your job for less, and you work for a bottom feeder who's happy to let you go to hire that lower priced bottom feeder?

I created living wage jobs for people on both coasts. You really want to see living wage jobs and credit due the inventor go away so you can buy something that's had every corner cut? You really want to make it not worth my time and expense to improve the state of an art you profess to care something about?

If so, my opinion is that you penny wise, pound foolish, and disinclined to afford the respect for innovation that makes innovation happen. I wish you luck with your myopia.

Living wage, quit it, you sound like nancy pelosi

NO. I will take action against anybody infringing my patent. Stop trying to get other glassblowers involved...and in trouble.

LOLOL I would pay good fucking money so see this taken up in front of a judge.

Shit I almost want to find someone to knock it off out of spite.

Cranky....ah, yes. Y'know... If I'd put as much effort into kicking the legs out from under your livelihood and saddling you with that pleasant warm glow that comes from hiring a lawyer to protect your interests as you have put into doing that to me, you might just be a little cranky if I came around asking for a favor that is against your standard operating procedures.
You have not scored any brownie points for your large quantity of ill informed posts/pushed buttons that were clearly not respectful of my intellectual property. That was really not a good strategy for having any special request taken seriously. Please make a note of that for future reference.

Good luck branching out with that piss poor attitude.

Cranky....ah, yes. Y'know... If I'd put as much effort into kicking the legs out from under your livelihood and saddling you with that pleasant warm glow that comes from hiring a lawyer to protect your interests as you have put into doing that to me, you might just be a little cranky if I came around asking for a favor that is against your standard operating procedures.
You have not scored any brownie points for your large quantity of ill informed posts/pushed buttons that were clearly not respectful of my intellectual property. That was really not a good strategy for having any special request taken seriously. Please make a note of that for future reference.

Good luck branching out with that piss poor attitude.

May be brutally honest, but like TP and his posts have stood, that made a lot of people uncomfortable... so should mine.

Homie I've spent more time being banned from here than posting here.

You know personally I don't think your bong is anything special. The fact that you like to throw using lawyers around makes me laugh and want to look for someone to rip it off.

Over the years I've dealt with a lot of glass blowers. I don't know how many of the posters here have but here is a little insite. For the most part they are shity ass people to work with ( except glasstafarian, dude is so damn professional). Don't get me wrong they make great awesome art but holly fuck. Nothing ever comes out as discussed. everything is way late. they tell you something is boxed up and ready to ship and the fucking prep work isn't even done. The comunication is terrible you'd think these guy take trips to the moon by the way they don't answer their email.

Also you guys know island time? the concept where you can't really expect stuff lickity split but you just have to roll with it ( go order a nice dinner in puerto rico) but glass blowers take this concept and max it the fuck out.

Now this site here. I have never seen a group of people work harder to try and promate an artist on here and help them out. NO other comunity would do that. The people on here rave about your work. Hell I kind even want to pm a couple people local and try theirs. But I can tell you this I'll never spend a god damn cent on your work.

To come on to what has to be one of the most polite forums on the web ( besides for me being here) and to have that stick up you ass attitude is insane.

Some guy wants a frit a/c and is asking you about a disk and you just blow him off, good job trying to expand your product line.

Your little rant on a living wage is cute, it's pretty much proven that minimum wages destroys jobs ( minimum wage was never meant to live on, just something to get started on).

Every lathe in portland eh? haven't seen any of your work at piece of mind shops?

Also you should be thanking US. WE work, pay taxes on our money, then blow it on fucking bongs. Shit that most no one needs. Yet people still spend tens of thousands of dollars to have cases full of headies yet you come off in the way you did.

You do know if your glass takes off like toro products did, there will be chinese knock offs made for DIRT cheap

Mods- Sorry bout this just had to say something. See you guys at the end of the month LOL

mod note- From the rules page-
  • Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member. If you believe you have a valid reason for having more than one account from the same IP address please contact staff beforehand. Failure to do so may result in a ban.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
my dg bub just came in. wow the size really surprize me. much smaller then i expected, i like it.
my bub has some cosmetic defects which kinda bugs me :( trying to figure out the water level now.

ilovebOObs,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
my dg bub just came in. wow the size really surprize me. much smaller then i expected, i like it.
my bub has some cosmetic defects which kinda bugs me :( trying to figure out the water level now.

Yea mine was smaller then I imagined. I would say mine is 9.75 inches from the base to the top. I put about 3mm of water above the disk. Bummer about the cosmetic effects... what is wrong? Blemishes/Defects drive me crazy as well. I normally avoid buying glass online because of it. Sometimes though if you want a certain name brand it is hard to find them in person.

Slightly Medicated,

ilovebOObs

Boobsie, can you make a vid? I don't really need to see your DG, but I'm interested in seeing what your wallpaper looks like these days. :brow:

:peace:

hahah my normal walls are a little more x-rated. i actually tone it down for the vids.

Yea mine was smaller then I imagined. I would say mine is 9.75 inches from the base to the top. I put about 3mm of water above the disk. Bummer about the cosmetic effects... what is wrong? Blemishes/Defects drive me crazy as well. I normally avoid buying glass online because of it. Sometimes though if you want a certain name brand it is hard to find them in person.

this is my first online/phone purchase for glass, prolly my last since i like to inspect my glass before buying it. it just alot of tiny imperfections here and there :(

ilovebOObs,

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
hahah my normal walls are a little more x-rated. i actually tone it down for the vids.

this is my first online/phone purchase for glass, prolly my last since i like to inspect my glass before buying it. it just alot of tiny imperfections here and there :(

Fwiw, I will pass your criticism on to the guy who made it. I had to send one of my providers back to the minor leagues for sloppy work (I was pissed, yes), and you undoubtedly got something that he made and I let slide. I'm never giving a newbie that many discs to fuck up again. I learned my lesson.

I ate most of them as seconds. I should have eaten them all.

Anyway, my apologies, If it will leave a better taste in your mouth, you can fb me and I will get you first quality merchandise at a discounted price. My bad, I'll own up to it.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Fwiw, I will pass your criticism on to the guy who made it. I had to send one of my providers back to the minor leagues for sloppy work (I was pissed, yes), and you undoubtedly got something that he made and I let slide. I'm never giving a newbie that many discs to fuck up again. I learned my lesson.

Anyway, my apologies, If it will leave a better taste in your mouth, you can fb me and I will get you first quality merchandise at a discounted price. My bad, I'll own up to it.

wow, i've never heard of a glass blower doing that before! good on ya Rooster!
enjoy that discount ILB!

ilovebOObs

thank you for your kind offer. i'll take you up on that offer, once i reup some funds :)
i was feelin' kinda bad about it but this made my day. thanks

also i'm getting this chuggy hit when i leave it flat on the table but if i lean it back alittle it hits hella cool, seems to happen at most water levels. anyone with this problem.

ilovebOObs,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I suspect the difference is in the disc.....your kinda B+ pieces has disc with white flecks? Something I tried a few months ago, once, didn't like the result. I stopped doing it.

Mine is all uniform in color. I do seem to remember someone who had some white flecks in theirs a couple pages back.... Found it here I will re-quote:

Damn that frit is white!!! Mine just has the speckles? Could my frit be that white too?

Edit: VapeNStone replied with the picture in the post below this one. I deleted the picture from this post to save space.

Slightly Medicated,
So because mine has white flecks does that mean I got one of those dics that you didn't like?

b33d7e6f.jpg

VapeNStone,

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
yup, that's it, but lower concentration than the most disliked examples of the experiment. The ones with higher concentration would chunk out bits of white from time to time, making fabrication annoying. I ate anything that was obviously loose before fabrication. White is not the only problematic color.

The Rooster.,

ilovebOObs

this is what i mean, when its flat its chuggy and tilted back is smooth as butter.
@ the rooster - i shot you a pm. do you mean facebook when you say "fb" sorry i'm not sure since i don't use facebook , hahaha

ilovebOObs,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Wow super nice of you to help him out DG! boobs makes some great vids :D

I think my fritter (Rasta colored pictured in my avatar) had some of those problem specks you might have been trying a couple months ago. when I first got it 2-3 pieces came out during my first wash out/water test, a couple piece of red and white frit. haven't seen any issues since then though so I wasn't worried really. other than that the only problem on my piece was the joint is angled slightly to the side rather than flush centered with the base but I love the piece and it doesn't really make much difference to me lol.

MarcellusWiley,
this is what i mean, when its flat its chuggy and tilted back is smooth as butter.
@ the rooster - i shot you a pm. do you mean facebook when you say "fb" sorry i'm not sure since i don't use facebook , hahaha
mine is also the same. But it seems to chug like that more tilted foward.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
My mini does the chugging thing too, just not quite as pronounced as yours does. My frit seems to be be set in a few mm lower than yours. Maybe experiment with the water level a bit more, I noticed if I lower my water level any more, it chugs like yours.

jambandphan03,

ilovebOObs

i've been playing with the water all day, can't seem to fix it. but the DG leaned back is super smooth!!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I suspect frit placement has something to do with it. You have a larger gap under your disk than mine has, and if I get the water up high enough it stops the chugging. Mine is about a CM over the frit when standing. Any less give me the chug which I previously referred to as a burp...

Top Bottom