David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
on another topic. as one who never combusts in my oil pieces, i am getting really curious how one of these hits with flower. i have a female to female adapter and the appropriate bowl for such (why i didn't pay the extra bill for the convertible) and am thinking of trying it. 'specially with that oxy-spa on the way. any extra residual odors from flower combustion due to the fritt? thanks

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I am strictly oil/vape in my DG's, though I did buy an ash catcher just in case my man ever decided to try combusting with it. I was hitting my T1 the other day and ran it a little too long before hitting it, causing some combustion. It has been a while since I've even tried smoking, and let me tell you how offensive it was when my vape suddenly combusted. I had to Iso soak all the parts from the bowl up, and clean the DG. I did not realize until that moment exactly how much of a vape snob I was becoming. :lol: That sure didn't take very long... I was an herb smoker 6mo ago.

These fritted disks are amazing. I fell in love as soon as I started seeing vids, and how they diffused/stacked. Honestly, I would not have bought these based on suggestion, it was the vids that put me over the fence.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yeah, I am strictly oil/vape in my DG's, though I did buy an ash catcher just in case my man ever decided to try combusting with it. I was hitting my T1 the other day and ran it a little too long before hitting it, causing some combustion. It has been a while since I've even tried smoking, and let me tell you how offensive it was when my vape suddenly combusted. I had to Iso soak all the parts from the bowl up, and clean the DG. I did not realize until that moment exactly how much of a vape snob I was becoming. :lol: That sure didn't take very long... I was an herb smoker 6mo ago.

These fritted disks are amazing. I fell in love as soon as I started seeing vids, and how they diffused/stacked. Honestly, I would not have bought these based on suggestion, it was the vids that put me over the fence.
yea, i haven't stopped hitting mine since.... i was gonna say yesterday, but apparently that was 2 days ago, lol. i have to say that...... sorry what was i saying....:mmmm:. i seriously am amazed at how big a rip i can take w/ this beast. i spent like 8 bills on the holiday (my girl's bday is soon ;)) and i feel like some more of that should have been appropriated towards a DG can. granted i hadn't planned on spending the rest, damn 25% off sales! i actually had found out about a locals only 710 blowers expo w/ like 15 local blowers right after my last purchase. my girl sat on my leg to keep me home ;). would have regretted it even more. looks like i'm gonna have to wait til christmas for my DG can. oh well. i bet i love my tube even more by then

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Please review the Be Nice rules. Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
Well Zangano, I dont care who bought anything first, I was correcting BDV's post that said Frederick was the biggest DG fan, had the 1st DG ,and blah, blah. I pointed out it was our friend MarcellusWiley, that was my intent of that specific comment, that Frederick wasn't the 1st. Not because I care, but because it WASN'T true what BDV said. Now you come out of left field and start an attack that I don't know what I'm talking about.I wasnt even knocking Frederick, just correcting BDV. Thanks Zangano Creul.

edit to make sure no maliciousness can be inferred. Not trying to keep this going negatively.

Not trying to keep this going negaative? You sure dumped a huge load of it in your response to me. Allow me to respond.

Who cares, who was first? Marcus or Frederick. Really? If you took out first, does it change anything? My point about sales, stands. Frederick has been a staunch and VERY vocal supporter of the DG Cock Bong. I didn't even know Marcus owned a DG. I know Marcus. Don't have anything against him. I enjoy his posts, but I couldn't tell you a single vape or bong he owns (sorry, Marcus). Nothing personal against Marcus, but I don't see him constantly making, sharing videos, pumping up the product, etc. So, let's just say... Frederick has been a useful and helpful aid, in past, current and future sales. OK by you?

Whole lot of shit, about nothing.

As for DG, I couldn't give two shits about him or his Cock Bong. He should pay people to use that grotesque looking billboard. Who the fuck, thinks to themselves... I'm going to blow a bong and put a huge cock on the side? Wait... blow.... cock. :uhoh: Never mind.

And I thought my wife ridiculed me, for the flared mouthpiece on a bubbler I own...

His attitude is shit and he acts like everyone should bow down at the Altar of Cock. Personally, I think the worst thing he could ever do... is engage with his clientele. His people skills, suck shit. Wait! Blow, cock, suck... :uhh:

Never mind.

Goldstein, this is for you. Hire a PR person to handle your interaction with the public. Maybe you've spent too much time, with the kiln... but, you've lost any ability you might have ever had, of communication with people that ADORE you. Me, I can afford to be a little less diplomatic. Good luck with that patent on 60+ year old tech. I was playing with fritted discs in the lab with my dad, when I was in 1st grade. Nothing groundbreaking here. Good luck, keeping it from the copy cats to. Good luck, dealing with China, when they start mass producing it (methinks Black Leaf and Weed Star are already getting inquiries).

Who am I to tell you this? I'm just some guy, down on his luck, could drop dead writing this post health condition and nothing to lose. You on the other hand.... I can't even imagine how many sales you lost, just by showing up and showing us your true colors. I know of at least one.

Enjoy your Cock... Bong.

NOTE FOR THE MODS (yeah, I knew it was going to get reported): Before you jump in and put the hammer down, read my response objectively. May be brutally honest, but like TP and his posts have stood, that made a lot of people uncomfortable... so should mine. If you would like to point out exactly what ToS I have violated, I would be more than willing to listen and abide by a decision... but, just because I pissed some sycophants off? Please...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Not trying to keep this going negaative? You sure dumped a huge load of it in your response to me. Allow me to respond.

Who cares, who was first? Marcus or Frederick. Really? If you took out first, does it change anything? My point about sales, stands. Frederick has been a staunch and VERY vocal supporter of the DG Cock Bong. I didn't even know Marcus owned a DG. I know Marcus. Don't have anything against him. I enjoy his posts, but I couldn't tell you a single vape or bong he owns (sorry, Marcus). Nothing personal against Marcus, but I don't see him constantly making, sharing videos, pumping up the product, etc. So, let's just say... Frederick has been a useful and helpful aid, in past, current and future sales. OK by you?

Whole lot of shit, about nothing.

As for DG, I couldn't give two shits about him or his Cock Bong. He should pay people to use that grotesque looking billboard. Who the fuck, thinks to themselves... I'm going to blow a bong and put a huge cock on the side? Wait... blow.... cock. :uhoh: Never mind.

And I thought my wife ridiculed me, for the flared mouthpiece on a bubbler I own...

His attitude is shit and he acts like everyone should bow down at the Altar of Cock. Personally, I think the worst thing he could ever do... is engage with his clientele. His people skills, suck shit. Wait! Blow, cock, suck... :uhh:

Never mind.

Goldstein, this is for you. Hire a PR person to handle your interaction with the public. Maybe you've spent too much time, with the kiln... but, you've lost any ability you might have ever had, of communication with people that ADORE you. Me, I can afford to be a little less diplomatic. Good luck with that patent on 60+ year old tech. I was playing with fritted discs in the lab with my dad, when I was in 1st grade. Nothing groundbreaking here. Good luck, keeping it from the copy cats to. Good luck, dealing with China, when they start mass producing it (methinks Black Leaf and Weed Star are already getting inquiries).

Who am I to tell you this? I'm just some guy, down on his luck, could drop dead writing this post health condition and nothing to lose. You on the other hand.... I can't even imagine how many sales you lost, just by showing up and showing us your true colors. I know of at least one.

Enjoy your Cock... Bong.
then go elsewhere as you've repeatedly stated, you don't have the money for one of his bongs anyway, so what sale did he lose? unecessary

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Lot of the shit in this thread is unnecessary, including DG's attitude with his clientele.

I'll stick around, as long as I like, TYVM.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Seriously... no. I'll post where I like, until the mods tell me otherwise. I was following this thread with interest and I even took note of your "warnings" about DG. However, seeing it up close and personal, gives it a whole new meaning.

He started shitting all over his fans. He ignored, or was unable to comprehend genuine apologies and CONTINUED to attack people. He's been guilty of at least THREE ToS violations (one is a direct personal attack on a member). He comes into our house and takes a big shit and we're just supposed to ignore it.

I'll voice my opinions on it, freely. Sorry, I'm not star-struck or in awe, he's here!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am sorry that you have a bone to pick and feel the need to pick it here. i actually had a very good conversation w/ Fred. he admitted to not noticing the posts about being too "suggesty", he admitted how the context of his posts could have been offensive. you seem unable too. so keep blah, blah, blah all day long. this isn't about star struck. i voiced my own reservations which all are free to peruse. i agree that he doesn't necessarily have the smoothest exterior, but as i said to Fred. since when did that become a major factor we needed from our artists. i don't ask bikini models to be geniuses. i am glad he came so that i knew to use room temp water. i am glad that there is a thread for us to discuss what we like about his pieces. i agree that his snap back was harsh, but FM's first post WAS about copying his work. you may not respect patents, others may not either, and you are welcome to your opinion, but we have all heard it. why do you feel the need to take up arms in this situation. Fred defended himself fine. as i said before, like a page or two ago. DEAD HORSE. your definition of shit on and mine are very different apparently. I find passive aggressive gay bashing to be on the lowest depths of discourse and as i said before, unnecessary. am sure i am not alone

vapor 4 life

on another topic. as one who never combusts in my oil pieces, i am getting really curious how one of these hits with flower. i have a female to female adapter and the appropriate bowl for such (why i didn't pay the extra bill for the convertible) and am thinking of trying it. 'specially with that oxy-spa on the way. any extra residual odors from flower combustion due to the fritt? thanks
What is a convertable?

vapor 4 life,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Hey Bob , I got the same curiosity about combustion in the convertible. The scrubbing ability makes it interesting. I combust around once a month, and I know buddies are going to hound for it....maybe ill do a vape for free, or combust for a fee session.

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
DG...if you are still around, I'd love to hear more about why room temp water is best and if that applies to vapor as well as smoke.

Oil vapor is much lower temp than smoke and can recondense in your bong a lot quicker (reclaim) it is pretty much accepted that colder water/cooler temp will condense it faster and make your oil turn to reclaim quicker. I think this is what DG was getting at.

---
@people interested in how fritter works with combustion:

best piece my girlfriend and I have ever used for combustion. the fritted pre-filters work amazingly in leaving the water clean of any residue and they clean out pretty easily with an iso or grunge off soak or something.

I still combust every now and then but only with my convertible now ;)

makisupacurtain

Btw, Aqualabs now has 10 mini cans, 3 14" convertibles, and one 12" convertible for sale. I already bought 3 cans last week from NVS, 2 of which I believe are actually micro, but I am very much debating adding one of the tubes to my collection. Have at em!!!

makisupacurtain,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
@The rooster

wanted to ask you since I've always been curious. In that video I posted in the first page on this thread I always wondered what the piece with the removable giant joint in the chamber was for. It looks like a prototype can maybe and you used that thing to reduce splashback or something? It's just an interesting design and obviously doesn't seem like you use it anymore but I was always curious. Its at about 40s in that video on the first post of this thread for reference.

MarcellusWiley,
Also if you look in the video the tube style is just a really big can with a top mouthpiece? It has much more surface area then the tubes that are actually out there. Look at that red ring one for example.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I noticed that too, and was a little surprised at how slim my 18" and mini can are. They both work great, so no complaints from this end. I use my mini constantly as I just don't care to vape with out some moisture added, and cooling the vapor. I used my solo w/ the Ed's Wood stem over a weekend fest, and had a very dry scratchy throat by the time we got home. I use the Aquavape when I can't use my DG's now. It's pretty small and travels well. I have been daydreaming about the Cloud lately, and thought what a great combo if DG made the glass tops w/the fritted disk that would work with the Cloud... that would be a match made in heaven :luv: .

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I really want the Cloud for my desk set up, give my solo a break, but seeing the back up, and not really having the extra funds right now, I am hoping that in a couple of months or so, they will have them up on the site for sale directly. It would be really awesome to see some fritted hydrotubes.

jambandphan03,

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Look, I'm honestly not trying to do anything but appreciate your work, I've said I was looking into getting a piece made with a scientific fritt, but after your input I an no longer considering that.

I was honestly asking if you have any intentions of releasing fritts for other blowers to incorporate into pieces.

A simple, no, I have no intention of that would've put your point across just as clearly.

I was apologizing in that post for aggravating you as that was not my intention.

I'm not trying to destroy your livelihood, I'm 1 friggin dude in Australia...

If you have a look at any of my posts, you will see I have highly praised your work.
It is in fact my favourite piece, I traded a Sovereignty piece for it, and have absolutely no regrets.
It's awesome, and I wanted to look into using the tech in other pieces, you said you don't like it, and I have stopped my inquiries with that blower about a fritted piece.

WTF else am I supposed to do???:ugh:

EDIT:
IMO, when someone apologizes for a misunderstanding, and you snap back at them again, It's a dick move...:shrug:

EDIT 2: (for time reference, this edit came after FLskwats Post)
I'm gonna park this here, instead of a new post, but I also honestly don't understand how my wanting a custom piece, is me destroying your livelyhood.
I even asked if I could buy fritts from you, for a custom piece, that's hardly me showing intentions of destroying your livelihood FFS

OK

WTF else am I supposed to do???:ugh:

I am of the opinion that actions speak louder than words, so here's something you can do, now that you've asked.

ask the moderator to remove any/all of your early posts which pushed my buttons. He knows what the first ten pages of them are, at least.

Giving "Positively 4th Street" a listen or six might be in order, as well.

I have two more producers coming on line this month. I have no intention of licensing my technology to anyone outside of my local clientele until every friendly lathe in Portland is making the product, with every operator behind it making a good living wage.

good bye, at least for now.

Hey Rooster:

I was wondering what your ideal water level is for the frits?

Thank you for asking this relevant question.

IMO, not a lot. I use an old (broken) can convertible (with a thumb carb!) and I keep 7-10mm water above the disc. Almost every vid I've seen has it higher. Think about the water column pressure. bubbles won't stack that high if they are weighed down with water on top of them as they rise from the frit.

Of course, stack height is strictly for show, has no effect whatsoever on the quality of the experience. That has to do with the characteristic where the bubble is formed, not where it breaks.

There is a part b to your question that I'm gonna answer while I'm here. My modfied gas-washing bottle is very efficient at the task it was designed for-removing water soluables (and heat) from passing gas (oooh, I like the way I put that). Because there is not much water in everything but the (rare) flask base model, that water saturates with water-soluables pretty quickly.

Whatever is dissolving lowers the viscosity of the water. Once it starts getting dirty, it is more likely to reach up the tube to our lips.

Hence, good hygiene is called for. Change the water a lot. Fill it to your liking, the difference in performance is mostly cosmetic.

Top Bottom