Dabpress Rosin Plates

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I would be pissed that i pushed the trigger too soon with the smaller AIO
but as i dont have the space for the bigger driptech design nor the slightst problem
with my small gem its no problem :D

Cant wait for the first high margin driptech vid´s...im looking in ur direction @psychonaut :D :D :D

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I'm also curious as to why most of you are using round pucks instead of rectangular on 3x5 plates? Obviously it works so I'm wondering if there is a benefit that I'm not aware of when using round pucks on 3x5 plates...more pressure

I like two smaller round pucks better because the rosin has less way to travel trough plant material and
i feel that is better. I also angle my press a bit to the front to give the rosin the right direction to flow so it escapes the hot plate zone asap

So then why go with the "bigger" 40mm pucks u may ask yourself, when there is a smaller round pre-press also available...that is in my case because i realised that 2,5" bags fit like a glove extremly well and utilize the 3x5" perfect when used 2 of them side by side like in my vids.

One of the "softcaps" for me was indeed is the small room on both side´s because the more u squish the more will drip,
but now with folding the parchment up on both sides that problem is also gone. :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I took some pictures by my iPhone for your reference.

1, Driptech
2, four plastic pads on the feet
3, two magnets
4, 10 ton
5, dual heating, two sensors

Thank you, looks great Roger, I already see some changes from the prototype pictures from the prior week. For rosineers curious, those bolts are there stuck to the integrated magnets in the frame to show their location.

Will this unit have 2 options like the voltage for couplers? One for NPT 3/8" to use with dp-cp390 and one ZG 1/4" to use with Strongway brand?

but as i dont have the space for the bigger driptech design nor the slightst problem

Cant wait for the first high margin driptech vid´s...im looking in ur direction @psychonaut :D :D :D

I can understand a rosineer being torn between the 2 units. I had a lengthy conversation on the phone with a customer about just that. I think the point of dp-hr10t35 is mini size, stainless steel construction. It is a popular model but this new unit is likely going to attract more rosineers due to features. SS is beefy and will serve indefinitely under normal operations.

I'll showcase the unit ASAP, sometime around the end of November. :leaf:

OH my that looks the nuts @dabpress.com great work. Is it to early to ask about pricing Roger or @psychonaut and if there's gonna be kits available with micron bags, silicon tool kit, puck mold etc?

Thanks! We will offer a bundle with this unit for rosineers outside of FC which will save all who purchase the bundle savings. For FC friends, we will work out a short promo :tup: Pricing is going to be between dp-bj6t35 and hr10t35, that should give you an estimate for your budget!

They keep getting better and better. :)

I have 0 complaints with my 3x7 caged plates in fact I think they are the best. But I might snag one of the aio presses next year.

Thanks :tup: We have some accessories still in R&D, these AIO units took a lot of Rogers time, but it seems we're at a point to move forward with tools to help the rosineers workflow.

dp-rp37 is our most popular model. The 4x6 is also quite popular it seems. I wouldn't have thought but I suppose it's commercial hash pressers who need the surface area.

@dabpress.com ... The one thing that is missing from the smaller presses IMHO is a pressure gauge ... would definitely be a nice option :)

Knowing exactly what pressure you are applying, and being to adjust accurately based on puck size, is critical to the process being repeatable and consistent in my experience ...

I agree. We had looked into gauges for the bottle jacks but it is an expensive add-on. Perhaps we can revisit that in the future if a cheaper solution becomes available. It just pushed the price of the press too high. Rosineers wanna buy a press for under $200-300, it's difficult to offer a HD press at that price.

Fortunately for those seeking a gauge, all of the hydraulic cylinder AIO units have that ability.

Can’t wait to get one for myself and start squishing! Really some wonderful work guys! This thing looks like a homerun for sure!

Thank you for your interest! First releases will all be shipping outta China so it'll be 2-5 days delivery time at first, but we should have a container with units reaching US for faster delivery to North American customers sometime in late December or early January.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
[QUOTE="psychonaut, post: 1320314, member: 22419" The 4x6 is also quite popular it seems. I wouldn't have thought but I suppose it's commercial hash pressers who need the surface area.
[/QUOTE]

I was sure about that. That's the reason I was and still am voting for even larger plates, at least a caged plates set to process 40-60g in one run, preferably an AL heating block paired with ss pressing surfaces.
The last ones could also have the rectangular shape of the heating blocks, 2 rectangular ss plates side-by-side with a gap in between, each smaller than the half of the surface of the blocks fixed on the blocks for getting a heatless space in between for better heat protection of the running trate or 4-6 round ss plates fixed to the heating blocks for use with 4-6 pucks, 10g each. These caged plates don't need an AIO solution, it's ok to offer them for DIY setups.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's the reason I was and still am voting for even larger plates, at least a caged plates set to process 40-60g in one run

Commercial hash rosin processors in North America seem to be switching to smaller pucks for shorter contact time, saw a post from 710 Labs yesterday where they said they are pressing 8g at a time.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That would be the model with 4-6 round ss plates fixed to the AL heating blocks

Do you have a design, I'm sure you could send it to Roger. How much PSI would it take for such a set of plates?

Personally just loading two bottle tech bags at once can be quite finicky in my experience, although it's probably easier for hash as the pucks aren't constantly trying to expand though.

I think it's pretty interesting that a commercial producer as highly regarded in two states as 710 Labs is squishing as much at once as I could do on a hair straightener. I'm noticing a move to pneumatics with a few processors on Instagram.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@invertedisdead I wonder if the shift in pneumatics is to really dial in the applied pressure? I'd like to try out a pneumatic/hydraulic setup with one of my shop presses, though this strongway pump with the 1/4" flow is pretty slow as is the dake, compared to the 3/8" flow and even bottle jacks. Seems like it'd be good for pressing hash.

The next time I go to civilization I plan to grab some dry ice, it's time for me to get my hands sticky with some delicate material!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry, but a large commercial squisher doesn't economically work with a press with 7g only per run for long I think? Perhaps if it's a labor employment measure or you have more presses working at the same time.

No I haven't and unfortunately can't currently do it cause I only can use one arm for a longer time. Even typing is pretty demanding. Sorry for that.
But I think it isn't so difficult to imagine what I mean? The arrangement of plates also depends on use. Traditional or drip tech?

Take the necessary PSI for one plate and multiplicate that with 4 or 6

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead I wonder if the shift in pneumatics is to really dial in the applied pressure? I'd like to try out a pneumatic/hydraulic setup with one of my shop presses, though this strongway pump with the 1/4" flow is pretty slow as is the dake, compared to the 3/8" flow and even bottle jacks. Seems like it'd be good for pressing hash.

The next time I go to civilization I plan to grab some dry ice, it's time for me to get my hands sticky with some delicate material!

Pneumatic is probably good for batch consistency with commercial processors, would definitely be interesting to try.

Can't wait to see your results get from that sift n squish!

Sorry, but a large commercial squisher doesn't economically work with a press with 7g only per run for long I think? Perhaps if it's a labor employment measure or you have more presses working at the same time.

They probably do have more than one person pressing at a time but I'm not sure. It Just seems like they would press an oz at a time if they truly felt the quality was just as high. I wonder if it has to do with collection, as squishing an oz at a time of hash can get very drippy/heavy on the paper. Especially the live terps 710 Labs is known for; It's some of the most regarded product in California and Colorado.

MinnBobber

Commercial hash rosin processors in North America seem to be switching to smaller pucks for shorter contact time, saw a post from 710 Labs yesterday where they said they are pressing 8g at a time.
IMO, this makes sense for getting the top quality rosin. And @Hogni , 8 gram presses are not as economical as big amounts for labor costs BUT you can still crank out a lot of rosin: someone pre-presses and fills a hundred filters with 8 grams each. Someone has two small presses where they alternate 2-3 minute presses on each (one is always pressing while the other is being loaded/unloaded, hand off rosinated parchment paper to scraper who keeps busy collecting. You can still pump out a lot of primo honey.
It's kind of like when we recently visited CA vineyards---- the big producers had tanks that were colossal while the small operations had tanks 1/50 the size. Small vineyards were able to stay in business with their higher quality and higher cost wines.
I like the news about 710.

I went to 710 Labs website to learn more------didn't as their website sucks IMO.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's kind of like when we recently visited CA vineyards---- the big producers had tanks that were colossal while the small operations had tanks 1/50 the size. Small vineyards were able to stay in business with their higher quality and higher cost wines.

Exactly! 710 Labs is some of the most expensive product in the whole state, but its that limited edition small batch quality and experience that creates that demand.

And realistically all the rosin producers are "small vineyards" it's just not even possible to produce on the level of these solvent extract operations, so they have to do a quality over quantity approach to stay in business.

That's too bad their website was a let down, they post a lot of great stuff on their Instagram but apparently their page is set to private?

https://www.instagram.com/710labs/

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

@ganmetalshart You can add 4 legs on the frame, it procures drip technology.
OH my that looks the nuts @dabpress.com great work. Is it to early to ask about pricing Roger or @psychonaut and if there's gonna be kits available with micron bags, silicon tool kit, puck mold etc?

dp-hr10t35v is the name of 10-ton rosin press. Sales price: $499 free shipping to E.U and North America, and Australia, New Zealand.

It starts to offer after 15 days.

Note: 4 driptech legs have a good setup before shipping, however, 4 feet pad need to install by customers.
ZG 1/4" female, male coupler attached in the package, it is easy to find the suitable hydraulic pump to be paired with it.
They keep getting better and better. :)

I have 0 complaints with my 3x7 caged plates in fact I think they are the best. But I might snag one of the aio presses next year.

Thank you very much!
@dabpress.com ... The one thing that is missing from the smaller presses IMHO is a pressure gauge ... would definitely be a nice option :)

Knowing exactly what pressure you are applying, and being to adjust accurately based on puck size, is critical to the process being repeatable and consistent in my experience ...

Thank you! 3 Ton bottle jack rosin press is the best option as a starter.
I have tested a lot of bottle jack before made a purchase, However, I didn't look for a solid jack with gauge.
It is easy to break or leak.

The small 3-ton press allows replacing a bottle jack, less than 5 ton.
Can’t wait to get one for myself and start squishing! Really some wonderful work guys! This thing looks like a homerun for sure!

@psychonaut made a stress test to Strongway pump with gauge, it is very helpful to design such a press.
Our clients save money to get a great heat press.

Anyone else helps me recommend such a hydraulic pump to Europe Customer? Thank you in advance.

Do you have a design, I'm sure you could send it to Roger. How much PSI would it take for such a set of plates?

Personally just loading two bottle tech bags at once can be quite finicky in my experience, although it's probably easier for hash as the pucks aren't constantly trying to expand though.

I think it's pretty interesting that a commercial producer as highly regarded in two states as 710 Labs is squishing as much at once as I could do on a hair straightener. I'm noticing a move to pneumatics with a few processors on Instagram.

5.5x7" heated plates, well suited to squeeze leaves, i am trying to offer quickly. It comes from dp-rp257 Pro, the same frame with different heated plates and pid temp controller box of dp-rp47.

:tup:

No I haven't and unfortunately can't currently do it cause I only can use one arm for a longer time. Even typing is pretty demanding. Sorry for that.
But I think it isn't so difficult to imagine what I mean? The arrangement of plates also depends on use. Traditional or drip tech?

I am going to produce caged rosin press plates with 5.5x7" heated plates. Let us call it " dp-rp67".

It will be finished at the end of next month. It comes from dp-rp257 Pro, 4 heating rods, 2 probes.

anasrzi

Thanks @dabpress.com for the pricing info, what a great deal, im truly stunned!

So that would be for the whole package, press, pump and other kits options. You mention the coupler as well, i'm assuming the package deal includes it all? No need to procure a coupler when you buy the whole thing?

Does that include a guage or is that extra? (no worries if it does :))

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

Thanks @dabpress.com for the pricing info, what a great deal, im truly stunned!

So that would be for the whole package, press, pump and other kits options. You mention the coupler as well, i'm assuming the package deal includes it all? No need to procure a coupler when you buy the whole thing?

Does that include a guage or is that extra? (no worries if it does :))

dp-hr10t35v will be paired with Strongway pump with gauge ( About $75 to buy from America ).

We only attach a pair of coupler in the package ( ZG 1/4" fittings ). ( NO PUMP )

Sales price: $499 + free shipping

We still offer freebies to FC friend ( A free combo or dab tools kit to make the purchase before 30th, Nov,2 2018)

It starts offering at the middle of this month.

Thank you all:tup:

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@anasrzi the pump must be procured separately like the hr10t35 unit. Many pumps can be used but the most affordable pairing is with the 10-ton strongway pump (Item # 46278) found easily at northern tool and equipment or Amazon US for $75-80 USD.

The compatible ZG 1/4" coupler for the strongway pump is included with the press.

Other options are BVA Hydraulics or Enerpac however they are considerably more expensive, and usually require you to procure all the separate components and make the connections yourself.

@dabpress.com looks great once again, nice to see you putting 10 tons of stress on the unit in the video. As seen the bottom of this press has a beefier support underneath the cylinder compared to the personal press dp-bj3t33.

Also, it is good to know that the dp-bj3t33 bottle jack can be replaced with any compatible sized 3-5T bottle jack. Excellent info!

psychonaut,
Reactions: anasrzi

JCat

Accessory Maker

dp-hr10t35v will be paired with Strongway pump with gauge ( About $75 to buy from America ).

We only attach a pair of coupler in the package ( ZG 1/4" fittings ). ( NO PUMP )

Sales price: $499 + free shipping

We still offer freebies to FC friend ( A free combo or dab tools kit to make the purchase before 30th, Nov,2 2018)

It starts offering at the middle of this month.

Thank you all:tup:
This might be the perfect setup for me now! :lol:

I'm currently having a buddy machine some round plates for me (2.5" diameter) since I'm pretty much always pressing 5-7g at a time and always with the same 2" width bag so my pucks are consistently 2" - 2.125" in diameter; so I'm figuring if I I used 2.5" diameter plates it would get it off the heat quicker ...

That being said, if I instead bought this one, then I could do drip-tech and that would get it off the plates just as fast ... or maybe not when pressing 5g w/ yields of 1.25g - 1.5g?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For high yield strains such as yours @JCat I think it would be a benefit, even at lower amounts. The rosin should always be trying to leave the heated plates instead of it's natural flow while the unit is upright, which may spread the rosin out and around instead of just out. At that point the geometry of the plates seem less of a concern as the rosin will be gushing from it's puck and immediately responding to the gravity with the heat assisting in moving it off the plates.

@Hackerman showcase of the drip-tech with lower yielding CBD cultivars and 7g showed what I would assume your 5g loads likely yield if my math's right.

aa9h84.png

2hdqpvo.png

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I gotta' say ... I really like the profile of this one ... everything about it really. 10 tons is way more than enough ... the use of the gauge is critical IMHO, and the overall construction of the main unit is just amazing ... looks very high quality and compact and sturdy.

Was looking for an equivalent pump to the strongway in Canada, but haven't found one yet. Princess Auto has a bunch, but nothing with a built-in gauge.

Shipping/duty of placing 2 separate orders from the US won't be great for us Canadians! (You are likely looking at >$50 USD to ship each item separately)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@JCat yes I just checked Northern Tool and Equipment and the pump shipped UPS Ground to Toronto is $43 US plus I would assume VAT/tax? Not too cheap but still cheaper yet than Enerpac or BVA hydraulics, even if procured locally in your province.

psychonaut,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom