Dabpress Rosin Plates

inda

I would certainly appreciate any information you can share about the industry processes for making and storing rosin. Everyone would benefit from a bit more fleshed out data.

I get that industries protect proprietary information. But, given the focus on concentrating contaminates, I am interested in knowing if there already exists a developed body of information about which type of parchment is the safest for pressing.

If things aren't that black and white, maybe what are the trade-offs for the varying types of parchment and storage devices?

Thank you for the response. I appreciate any consideration anyone can give to this.

I have not talked to my friend yet but I did find out something about a test done with the silicone pads. https://skunkpharmresearch.com/spraying-butane-directly-on-silicone-mats/

That test was done for the thicker "baking mats" but there is something interesting in the email from the Oilslick representative.

"The matrix of silicone in common parchment paper (non-Quilon / silicone coated) is extremely fragile compared to a pad. I imagine the violence of swelling and shrinking on that scale would be tenfold compared to the effect that prompted our own change of material."

Given that there is both pressure and thermal cycling there is reasonable concern for some containment coming from the degradation of parchment.

He also mentioned that silicone is a poor choice of materials when left in prolonged exposure to non-polars. Which I find interesting considering most oils you find in retail come in folded up parchment paper. I personally have found degradation in parchment which was used to store oil in the freezer which I originally attributed to moisture but now I wonder if it was due to thermal cycling back and forth ambient to freezing. I would usually only keep about a 1/4 that way to have on hand chilled to break off a piece to infuse coconut oil as needed so it would have been exposed to changes almost daily over a month or so.

The next question is there some sorta of basic test we could conduct that may give us indication that silicone is coming off the papers. Their test was much easier given the larger mass of the mats but with the much lighter piece of parchment it would require an analytical balance instead of the cheaper scales most of us use.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You can press on PTFE if you're that concerned about it, or squish raw if you don't like the idea of that.

He also mentioned that silicone is a poor choice of materials when left in prolonged exposure to non-polars. Which I find interesting considering most oils you find in retail come in folded up parchment paper.

Prolonged exposure to non polar solvent, as in purging on silicone mats. Most concentrates packaged in parchment paper are relatively low in terpenes by todays standards so probably not a huge concern. Anything truly terpy comes in a glass jar here. All of my rosin gets immediately transferred to glass jars for preservation purposes.

inda

I am not particularly concerned about silicone another person had mentioned it, my view is that it is good enough to place in boobs it can not be that bad. Although I could see the issue if there is other things present such as quillon (chromium). I store my oils for longer term in glass also but I usually keep some oil handy for eating in the freezer on parchment. I have both oil slick cut 10x10s and raw which my processor friend uses.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
So I've contacted both Dake and Northern Tool & Equipment (I guess they own strongway?) regarding this coupler on the end of the hydraulic pump.

Dake had informed me (they had to research this) that the coupler is a 1/4" NPT Male connection.

Strongway had informed me (they also had to research) that the coupler is a 1/4" NPT (ZG type, he thought?) So now I dont know what this ZG meaning is, perhaps it's just flat out wrong on Strongway's website and product description. In fact strongway experts answered the question regarding the product on their webstore, that the fitting is ZG 1/4".

Doesn't give us a whole lot of certainty in the actual threading.

It was recommended to me by Northern Tool & Equipment to find out the exact threading by bringing the pump to Grainger. I may in fact do that, but there we have it. From the manufacturers and support staff at those respective companies. 1/4" NPT Male seems to be accurate, but the question that still remains is the thread to pair with the female fitting that is on the hydraulic cylinder.

To be continued.

Dear @psychonaut

Thank you very much for everything you are doing.

In fact, the most common coupler is ZG 3/8" in China. You can buy from everywhere at the cheap price. And easy to be paired with DUST Cap.

However, NPT 3/8" and ZG 1/4" need to customize, We have to wait a long time to get that kind of coupler.

For dp-hr10t35v is easy to connect a hydraulic pump, we'll attach a pair of ZG 1/4" coupler (female, male ) in the package.

Now if you have a hydraulic pump with the hose ( ZG 1/4" thread ), it will be easy to connect with our unit.

I will do more research and update soon.

Roger

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Although its not on topic my 2c on storing, i was at a festival not long ago and a medical long time user gave me the good advice to store my rosin in Miron Glas, thats some kind of violet glas that preserves very good ( sry better google it in engl. :D)

Those small jars r not expensive and i bought mine on amazon...i cut a round piece of parchment for the cover so there wont stick anything on top...works GREAT imo :D

3536uls.jpg

edit. phew pretty expensive on amazon.com, here in Europe i paid 20€ for 10x 15ml jars :)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06WP6PKPJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
2 weeks until the plates arrive.
Sorry to hear your frustrations but an extra couple weeks does not sound that bad, they did offer you a larger set(at the same price I presume) to try and help out. How long has it been since you asked for a refund?

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Glad it worked out, good on Dabpress, still a good company to deal with. (not that I doubted them).:tup:

LesPlenty,

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!

dp-hr10t35v will be paired with Strongway pump with gauge ( About $75 to buy from America ).

We only attach a pair of coupler in the package ( ZG 1/4" fittings ). ( NO PUMP )

Sales price: $499 + free shipping

We still offer freebies to FC friend ( A free combo or dab tools kit to make the purchase before 30th, Nov,2 2018)

It starts offering at the middle of this month.

Thank you all:tup:

This looks so awesome. I really love seeing it in action. I can’t wait to get one for myself in a few weeks! Great job Roger kicking ass! Unbelievable value for what your offering! I don’t have over a G to spend on this!

Hey do you know if there will be a combo with the rectangle pre-press dp-pm4007s? I am going over my check list of things I need before I order this press and really want a rectangle pre press to try out. I guess I can just order it too when the time comes.

Hey gang, FYI, I did do a 7g drip tech style press tonight with NO parchment.

I made a video but the sound in the first half is all scratchy, the lighting was not great and..... the press came out a total failure. I pressed a little too hard too fast and blew out the filter bag. It did drip and it was pretty cool but I am certain I lost more than half on the plates. I just cleaned off the plates and I'll try another one after I vape this rosin. LOL

I could up the video but it's really not great. I'll do another for the next press.

Suffice to say, at this point I would recommend using parchment. However, this is subject to change after another press with fewer user errors.

Elbuort19

Not to add to any confusion but felt I'd post this up in case this may be information to help international customers source a hydraulic pump with compatible fittings.

First, Strongway lists their connection on the hose for the pump as a ZG 1/4" fitting. The threading is not 1/4" I can assure you that based on my measurements. The "male" portion of the coupler is 1/4", but the threading is not.

Confusing!

Now, this particular pairing of coupler and quick connect manufacturered by Enerpac, sold by Grainger look to be the exact fittings, TBD.

https://www.grainger.com/product/ENERPAC-3-8-18-Steel-Hydraulic-Coupler-6BU53

The Dake pump uses the same fitting as the strongway pump, so I will be giving Dake a call this morning to see if I can get the exact name of this fitting they have on the end of the hose.

So, the confusion lies in this. Is the coupler on the strongway actually a ZG 1/4" coupler like they reference or is this actually a NTPF 3/8" threaded coupler?

A couple of points. The hydraulic pump that pairs with our 10-ton cylinders should be rated at 10-tons, the hose is rated for 10,000 PSI W.P. The hose is a 1/4" I.D. The fittings can be removed and replaced using teflon tape on the threading, and a pair of crescent wrenches to tighten it.

On my strongway pump with the prototype coupler (different from what is now included with the press) I had to remove the coupler on my strongway pump and replace it with a new coupler to pair up to the cylinder.

The new coupler doesn't require any removal of fittings, just plug and play with the strongway pump.

Here is a picture of the fitting on the end of the dake pump (same fitting as strongway). You can see where the steel coupler attaches to the brass fitting on the hose with the teflon tape. This steel coupler can be unscrewed and removed and replaced.

That being said, if the pump and hose are of sufficient size and rating, if the coupler can be removed and replaced, that is another avenue for compatibility. It would likely add an extra $30-50 dollars to the overall cost but in areas where pumps are more accessible than compatible couplers, which can be bought and shipped fairly cheaply due to the size and weight, this is a workaround solution.

xpy74g.jpg

To be continued.

@psychonaut Shoot me a message when you get a chance. Thanks!

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Clear as mud! Do you have a 220-240v pneumatic model?

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am sorry we can't offer 240v pneumatic rosin press, and I no longer design pneumatic one because of pressure delivery.

As usual, it will spend 5-7 day on delivery because of upcoming sales season. Sorry about that.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Elbuort19 DabPress is a tiny operation, consisting of Roger & manufacturing crew in China and a US-based “company representative” @psychonaut who helps out here and elsewhere online. There’s no customer service center with people standing by, this is still a very young and small company.

*general thoughts, not directed at any individual* :peace:

Most of the best companies in this industry (imo) are the small shop businesses that aren’t open on the weekends or beyond their regular operating hours. People have to be a little more patient in terms of 24/7 assistance and emails returned in 12 hours or less and instantaneous refunds because they’re not Amazon. Likewise, because they don’t have global distribution centres, it may take 5-7 days (or a couple more) to reach your doorstep instead of 2-3 days. What you gain from doing business with the small shops is self-evident in reading their respective threads here on FC; it’s the only way to go IME. YMMV!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey folks, looks like I missed some discussion while I was away. Pardon the weekend disappearance. I was busy in NC for my childhood best friends wedding. I'm back now but I'm pooped, so please give me a moment to catch up.

Thanks for the continued interest in our products. I'll try and help wherever I can.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

Pressure gauge NPT 1/8"

Gauge adapter 3/8" thread ( male and female thread ) to connect male coupler on the hose.

How to add " Pressure Gauge" on dp-hr10t35?

1, Cylinder thread of dp-hr10t35 is NPT 3/8"
2, We need to look for pressure gauge adapter with 3/8" thread

Please view the website
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mor-65310/overview/

Moroso offer 3/8 NPT adapter

How to connect Strongway gauged pump with dp-hr10t35?

Please try your best to look for threading adapter from NPT 3/8" to ZG 1/4" thread. If you can't find right now, please contact us. But we have to ship out from China.

You only pay freight charges ( $17 by DHL Express).

@Elbuort19

Last edited:
Top Bottom