Dabpress Rosin Plates

Not long. I powered up to take the pressing vids and decided to do a temp check first. So, they were not powered up for long. Long enough to reach temp and a few minutes longer.

I generally heat my plates closed. I figure, why let that heat escape. Sometimes I forget.

OK, gang, here is the video you've all been waiting for. The DP-BJ3T33, tiny little 3 ton jack and 3x3 plates doing and incredible 7 gram drip tech. Just beautiful. A perfect example of how a little ant can move a giant rubber tree. LOL I know I can I know I can I know I can. You have to be old to remember "The Little Ant That Could". LOL

Enjoy

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Great press @Hackerman, please let us know what you think of the flavor compared to upright pressing. Too bad those cbd cultivars are low yielders. I have some pennywise that's curing I hope will give decent yields. It's supposed to be 10-15% 1:1 I am very interested in finding a high yield cbd strain.

psychonaut,

Elbuort19

Hey guys which bags and prepress mold do I need for pressing 5 to 10 grams on a dp-hr10t35? Thanks!

Elbuort19,

procom32

Ill check with Roger @dabpress.com if he wants the prototype picture posted. I know he was working on hiding the springs, so I'm sure he'd prefer to wait until we can present at least an early glimpse at its furthest development.

They are really different units, so if you wanna keep a tiny press the hr1t35 is unmatched in our lineip. If you are in no rush to get a press, then I would suggest to wait.

This is pretty much what it comes down to IMO.

Size, the new unit is much larger and requires more space to operate.
Integrated drip tech capability in the new unit though you can certainly build a base to rest the press on, face down.
Stainless steel frame vs 6061 aluminum
Higher price due to stainless steel frame

No worries about the prototype, I understand if roger @dabpress.com wants to keep that out of the public eye until it is ready.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but are you saying that I could use the hr1t35 horizontally because of the type of ram that is used?
Also, the new hr1t35v is going to be steel rod and aluminum unlike the hr1t35's steel plate construction?

Again, thanks for all of the information, cheers!

procom32,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey guys which bags and prepress mold do I need for pressing 5 to 10 grams on a dp-hr10t35? Thanks!

The dp-pm3015r with the dp-rb160ns is good for buds to start out. Any 2x4" filters should work and you can also hand fill them with 10 grams and press out a horizontal puck, or 2x 5gr loads with the cylinder pre-press. I wasn't using a pre press for the longest time on 3.5-5g loads. Now I'm just in the habit and it does speed up the workflow.

In fact the filters aren't necessary but they clean up the rosin a fair bit. The 160u filters are made for yield while preventing the plant matter from getting into the rosin.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but are you saying that I could use the hr1t35 horizontally because of the type of ram that is used?
Also, the new hr1t35v is going to be steel rod and aluminum unlike the hr1t35's steel plate construction?

That's correct on both points.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Nice day FC!

Last night I was able to get a glimpse of the hr10t35v unit prototype. It began stress testing yesterday. I will find out if I can share these pictures however, I will say right off the bat it looks very similar to the bj3t33 with the exception that it has a hydraulic cylinder instead of a bottle jack. We have sourced a high quality Chinese cylinder to pair with this unit. The bottom of the frame itself is more robust on this unit to accommodate the heavier duty pressure. It looks to be a little shorter and I'm almost positive it weighs less due to the hydraulic system and the fluid stored in the pump.

Right after the prototype was developed, Roger has already began looking into the aesthetics. He is hoping to pretty it up some, as springs are not as easy on the eyes for Roger.

It was confirmed that this unit is scheduled for release mid November. It will also have coupling compatibility with both the 3/8" NPT dp-cp390 pump, as well as the 1/4" ZG Strongway 10-ton pump with gauge.

I don't wanna say flagship, but this may actually be the dabpress AIO flagship unit as it's going to have heavy duty power plus all the technologies that rosineers have been requesting from us through the year.

Thank you all for your feedback, input, and criticisms. It is helping us grow to better serve you, our customer.

Hello @psychonaut,

I will post some crude pictures next Monday about details of the 10 Ton Hydraulic ram rosin press.

Have a nice weekend

Roger
Hey gang. Here is another video on the DP-BJ3T33 Rosin Press. This one simply verifies the PID temperature with my temperature probe.

It is a very nice video, it is no dead-ends about the tiny rosin press. Taking your time, my friends.

Elbuort19

Thanks @psychonaut is there a SS alternative to the aluminum prepress?

Anyone with a dp-hr10t35 and a youtube channel or similar? I'm new to the dp-hr10t35 but not to pressing. Looking to learn any tips for this specific model. Unfortunately my disability makes me pretty stunned so hands on or videos really help. Memory and focus are so bad cannabis actually improves it. lol

Shitballs! Gotta go hopefully kill a bear so with any luck I'm be reading responses this evening covered in bear goo! :tup:

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Abysmal Vapor that is one use for drip tech but most rosineers don't wish to squeegie their rosin off the plates to complete the collection. The main advantage to drip tech is that gravity is assisting the oil to move from the heated plates to a cold surface below. I'd be curious to see a press without parchment too!

@Elbuort19 there is, it costs more which is why I hadn't recommended it but it's a nice lil piece of kit and matches the dp-hr10t35 quite nicely =) Here is the 30mm SS cylinder pre-press mold dp-pm30r. In addition to the 30mm SS cylinder pre-press. There is a bigger version 40mm dp-pm40r, which we are working on re-releasing. The 40mm mold will require a larger filter closer to 3x5". That mold will make 10g pucks with ease and 2x 10g pucks can fit between the 3x5" plates when positioned correctly.

@gunmetalshark has some beautiful squish videos with the hr10t35 unit. If you search back through the thread you'll see them. I can make a video as well, probably will get some pressing done today because I'm all outta rosin at the moment but nug jars are full!

Is there anything specifically you wanna see with the press in action?

@anasrzi I am eager to see them as well, a weeks gone by since I last saw it so will be cool to see the updates.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I cant wait to see the 40mm Pre-press up again, as said before i am for now using a diy with same ID and
those 2.5" x 4.5" bags work perfect when cutting them into 2 pieces and doing 2x 10g pucks like Roger in his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=FubZpXWYoxc

I am using 120 micron filters for now since there where no others shipping to me via amazon in those dimensions
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUG8LLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(very good quality btw) but id love to see different microns available aswell :)

i do have another vid of a 2x 10g squish but my wife catches me and we r talking and i dunno how to mute that,
angle was also not rly good :p

I can hear the sound track now...... "Harcourt Fenton Mudd, have you been pressing again? Why, you no good vaping sot. What's that on your breath? Aha, vaping again..... "

LMAO You may have to be an Original Series Star Trek fan to understand that. LOL

You can open the video in any free editing app and mute the sound. Then, save the movie and it will be muted.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Enjoy...sounds of silence lol...as said not rly good video, as u can see i am now using the whole pre cut sheets to avoid rosin drippin off the sides..worked great :)

Next time i will fold it in the front so it collects there instead of dripping, i prefer having all on one sheet for stoiing in the freezer and collecting :)

40mm pre pressed pucks, 2x 10g zsweet inzanity in 120micron bag like described in my last post.

Return straight 4g

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Enjoy...sounds of silence lol...as said not rly good video, as u can see i am now using the whole pre cut sheets to avoid rosin drippin off the sides..worked great :)

Next time i will fold it in the front so it collects there instead of dripping, i prefer having all on one sheet for stoiing in the freezer and collecting :)

40mm pre pressed pucks, 2x 10g zsweet inzanity in 120micron bag like described in my last post.

Return straight 4g

It is a very cool video.
Yes, it is a driptech rosin press,too!:tup:

Anyone of rosineer in FC is a great designer.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Nice job on the videos @Hackerman
Enjoy...sounds of silence lol...as said not rly good video, as u can see i am now using the whole pre cut sheets to avoid rosin drippin off the sides..worked great :)...

Return straight 4g

Nice video GMS, as I’ve come to expect from you. Pretty sweet looking 20% ROI! I simply cannot imagine collecting FOUR grams in one go! You make it look easy and I really appreciate that mostly our in-house rosineer’s videos are unedited, whether we get music or no. I think it really helps the inexperienced (like me) get a realistic understanding of just how slowly and patiently pressure is applied throughout the squish. So how tasty is that zsweet inzanity rosin anyway?!

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Thanks man, i like the vibe on here, no flaming or bad words if someone makes a mistake
or the data isnt 100% perfect/on-spot so i also have no problem showing my attempts :)

Im still learning from each squish to the next, dunno if its the best nor true way just how i am doing it lol :)

For me its working way better, putting the timer beside and work after what im seeing and feeling.
I often think i could do smaller margins and experiment more with time/heat but most of the time
when the plates are heated up i have alrdy two big bags in front of me (wtf) lol :D :D :D

Tastes nice but had better before too :D :D

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

Return straight 4g

Beautiful run! :rockon: Love the close-up shots of that sweet honey dripping dank droplets to your mat below. I also really like your folds, I'll be giving that a shot next time. Any shots of the sheet after your pressing?

Elbuort19

Is there anything specifically you wanna see with the press in action?.

Thanks for the videos guys. I just wanted to see what you guys did with the sides of the parchment because there isn't much space there compared to the 20 Ton Pro Point press I was using. I'm also curious as to why most of you are using round pucks instead of rectangular on 3x5 plates? Obviously it works so I'm wondering if there is a benefit that I'm not aware of when using round pucks on 3x5 plates...more pressure? I've always went round for round plates and rectangular for rectangular plates so that when pressed the puck comes almost to the the edge of the plates all the way around which results in the oil spending less time in contact with heat. In all honesty I gave up on pre-presses a long time ago. I had less trouble hand filling 20 grams and then pressing it with 5x7 plates on a 20 Ton press. Now you guys seem to have no problem pressing 20 grams on 3x5 plates so if I can pull that off without blowouts all the time I'll be impressed.

Elbuort19,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for the videos guys. I just wanted to see what you guys did with the sides of the parchment because there isn't much space there compared to the 20 Ton Pro Point press I was using. I'm also curious as to why most of you are using round pucks instead of rectangular on 3x5 plates? Obviously it works so I'm wondering if there is a benefit that I'm not aware of when using round pucks on 3x5 plates...more pressure? I've always went round for round plates and rectangular for rectangular plates so that when pressed the puck comes almost to the the edge of the plates all the way around which results in the oil spending less time in contact with heat. In all honesty I gave up on pre-presses a long time ago. I had less trouble hand filling 20 grams and then pressing it with 5x7 plates on a 20 Ton press. Now you guys seem to have no problem pressing 20 grams on 3x5 plates so if I can pull that off without blowouts all the time I'll be impressed.

Bottle tech with the vertical filter build puts more buds in between the plates for the surface area they squish out to, which allows for a lower tonnage press to squish out 7g in a 1.75" round puck with 2.4sq/in versus say a 2x2" puck with 4 sq/in. A lot of the horizontal filters are only 1/4-1/2" thick versus 1" in the vertical filters.

They all seem to squish down to a nice thin puck, with the exception that less surface area was used.

Rectangle is really the best size as a large number of rosineers pressing hash and sift and with all the rectangle filters on the market, it's splitting the difference I guess.

Personally, I dont get too hung up on the geometry of the puck vs plates but I understand getting the oil off the plates as quick as possible should be the goal.

Hence the drip tech gaining steam!

Top Bottom