Dabpress Rosin Plates

Alexis

Guys I did it! :rockon:A cold caller woke me up at 9 am after only a few hours sleep after I vaped into a psychedelic wonderland some hours previous.

My mum has gone out for the day. I needed to go straight back to bed after a wee, but I thought- hell, I am going to at least transfer everything upstairs into its place.

I really wanted to try and do a press today. I will be pressed for time later so took this opportunity to make something happen and as I was doing so I decided I would have to set it up and have a go.
I was initially going to do a whole nug without a filter with the brown If You Care parchment paper. But when I looked in the jars from last year's harvest I could see that the buds are just to open and airy and stalky to really count as nuggets.

So I used the pre-press mold. I weighed exactlt 3.5 grams of quite leafy Think Different. It seems pretty dry and has not been in a jar with a humidity pack so this was not ideal but was all a bit spontaneous.
I made the park and I followed Rogers video and cut the bag in half with the seam removed, and wrapped it around my 3.5 gram puk as Roger does in the video.
I did find this a little bit fiddly especially trying to put it into the press with the parchment already in there in the end I found it easier to put the bag between the sheets and then put it between the plates.

220 set. I just dived in. Aluminium clipboard in the freezer nearby. I did time just over 2 mins I think from when the plates were quite firmly together, but I really wasn't fussing about the time seeing how you guys can be quite flexible and can run over quite a bit.

No big river oozing but I did see rosin and bubbles:

After just over 2 minutes I released the pressure and removed the sheet but in the final 10 seconds I could really hear bubbling and fizzing I wasn't sure if that meant to leave it a bit longer or if possibly the rosin was over cooking from the heat?

This was the result:

It looks proper anyway. Not terrible. I did find collection to be very tricky I put it straight on top of the aluminium clipboard from the freezer but with the paper folded it wasn't exactly making contact in a flat manner. When I tried scraping it up with the larger collection tool it was SATA consistency and flicking and pinging around. I did my best to keep it all together and collect it on the tool. The biggest problem I had after this was getting it off of the tool on to the oil slick paper which I have to say has been very easy to work with for collection and also I did not have any problems removing the rosin from the paper I pressed it on which was the oil slick paper just one sheet.

I will def try this paper without a bag as well. This year's harvest has lots of proper big and solid nuggets to use without bags.

I was convinced there was more in the puk so I did do a second press. I'm sure the first time I could have increased the pressure and maybe this is why it was bubbling and fizzing still at the end of the 2 minutes the first time so the second time I increase the pressure much more until it was tricky to take it any further and hold the press upright with my spare hand.

I did get a little more, but I had the DAB tools in and out of the freezer trying to collect the rest at the same time and I forgot to get a photograph of the second press.

Final yield was as expected pitifully low at 0.25 G from the 3.5 I started with. But this is far from prime material and was not humidified properly. More than 5% anyway but much less than 10.

Okay not sure what else to say except Im beat. Only a couple hours sleep. I'm sure I only went about this at this time because I got so wonderfully high before going to sleep and found myself suddenly getting impulsively active.

Very disappointing yield of course but not a great surprise and I'm hopeful to improve from here but all in all and I think you would agree for my pictures I would say I did a pretty reasonable job for my first ever attempt, in the condition I am in.

I think I qualify for some sort of medal of honour would you say? :D
Im proud of my effort anyway. Just hoping to get better Returns because at that rate I think I would have to keep rosin for a weekend treat only lol!

Thoughts and critique are welcome. Not sure what to do with my day now. Its 11.30 am. I'm too fatigued by far to stay up now I would not be able to do my steam inhalation like this so I will need some more sleep but my plan is to have a go on some of this rosin in the Elevator now with these ceramic flavour disc. Not confident about handling and transferring it onto the disc though I will put it in the fridge for a moment and see if that helps.

Thanks guys, wishing you all a great start to the day. :)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
First of all, congrats to your first self squished rosin...enjoy and be proud of it,
abs. no need for dissapointment you are just getting started. :)

First of all, different strains press differently..i did also have yields like yours..dont be upset, i really often
think how lucky i was that my first pressed herb was sooo good for squishing..nice yield and no problem at all with collecting..tried several strains afterwards and most reacted like sh*t...totally sappy..low yields...i would have rly thought all the vids are fake or
i am doing it compl. wrong if i hadnt done my first good one before lol..relax, it was the first press with leafy/airy material..i bet this years stuff will do a whole lot better :)

What kind of parchment did u use for squishing, from the pics that doent look like
the pre-cut oil slick sheets or the If u care..?

(Just to make everything sure, did you see that the oil slick parchment has 2 sides ? Only the shiny on is slick :) )

For collecting purpose i would advice to get a thicker metal plate, i have a 2cm aluminium board in the size of an A4 sheet,
a clipboard wont hold low enuf temps long enuf while collecting...thicker plate stays longer cool and doesnt get instantly wet :)
Collecting will get much easier when sappy.

Did your bag blow after the second press, if no then the first one was rly too low on pressure, next time try adding enuf the first time.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

Guys I did it! :rockon:A cold caller woke me up at 9 am after only a few hours sleep after I vaped into a psychedelic wonderland some hours previous.

My mum has gone out for the day. I needed to go straight back to bed after a wee, but I thought- hell, I am going to at least transfer everything upstairs into its place.

I really wanted to try and do a press today. I will be pressed for time later so took this opportunity to make something happen and as I was doing so I decided I would have to set it up and have a go.
I was initially going to do a whole nug without a filter with the brown If You Care parchment paper. But when I looked in the jars from last year's harvest I could see that the buds are just to open and airy and stalky to really count as nuggets.

So I used the pre-press mold. I weighed exactlt 3.5 grams of quite leafy Think Different. It seems pretty dry and has not been in a jar with a humidity pack so this was not ideal but was all a bit spontaneous.
I made the park and I followed Rogers video and cut the bag in half with the seam removed, and wrapped it around my 3.5 gram puk as Roger does in the video.
I did find this a little bit fiddly especially trying to put it into the press with the parchment already in there in the end I found it easier to put the bag between the sheets and then put it between the plates.

220 set. I just dived in. Aluminium clipboard in the freezer nearby. I did time just over 2 mins I think from when the plates were quite firmly together, but I really wasn't fussing about the time seeing how you guys can be quite flexible and can run over quite a bit.

No big river oozing but I did see rosin and bubbles:

After just over 2 minutes I released the pressure and removed the sheet but in the final 10 seconds I could really hear bubbling and fizzing I wasn't sure if that meant to leave it a bit longer or if possibly the rosin was over cooking from the heat?

This was the result:

It looks proper anyway. Not terrible. I did find collection to be very tricky I put it straight on top of the aluminium clipboard from the freezer but with the paper folded it wasn't exactly making contact in a flat manner. When I tried scraping it up with the larger collection tool it was SATA consistency and flicking and pinging around. I did my best to keep it all together and collect it on the tool. The biggest problem I had after this was getting it off of the tool on to the oil slick paper which I have to say has been very easy to work with for collection and also I did not have any problems removing the rosin from the paper I pressed it on which was the oil slick paper just one sheet.

I will def try this paper without a bag as well. This year's harvest has lots of proper big and solid nuggets to use without bags.

I was convinced there was more in the puk so I did do a second press. I'm sure the first time I could have increased the pressure and maybe this is why it was bubbling and fizzing still at the end of the 2 minutes the first time so the second time I increase the pressure much more until it was tricky to take it any further and hold the press upright with my spare hand.

I did get a little more, but I had the DAB tools in and out of the freezer trying to collect the rest at the same time and I forgot to get a photograph of the second press.

Final yield was as expected pitifully low at 0.25 G from the 3.5 I started with. But this is far from prime material and was not humidified properly. More than 5% anyway but much less than 10.

Okay not sure what else to say except Im beat. Only a couple hours sleep. I'm sure I only went about this at this time because I got so wonderfully high before going to sleep and found myself suddenly getting impulsively active.

Very disappointing yield of course but not a great surprise and I'm hopeful to improve from here but all in all and I think you would agree for my pictures I would say I did a pretty reasonable job for my first ever attempt, in the condition I am in.

I think I qualify for some sort of medal of honour would you say? :D
Im proud of my effort anyway. Just hoping to get better Returns because at that rate I think I would have to keep rosin for a weekend treat only lol!

Thoughts and critique are welcome. Not sure what to do with my day now. Its 11.30 am. I'm too fatigued by far to stay up now I would not be able to do my steam inhalation like this so I will need some more sleep but my plan is to have a go on some of this rosin in the Elevator now with these ceramic flavour disc. Not confident about handling and transferring it onto the disc though I will put it in the fridge for a moment and see if that helps.

Thanks guys, wishing you all a great start to the day. :)
Oh man, this is like the concluding episode of a great TV drama!

It's been fascinating lurking your farming, and processing man, well done.
Great cliff-hanger ending too :uhoh:

Can't wait for season 2!, will the promise of seasons 1's awesone concluding crop be fulfilled in a hunny harvest ?
Or will Alex's whole endeavour meet a sticky end? :o

I'll be tuning in, and on the edge of my seat :popcorn:

Good luck with the next press man (and well done getting to your first, remember to tell us how it is when you try it!)

A round of applause for Alexis folks!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::bowdown:

Last edited:

Alexis

You guys are really awsome, you have all been here the whole time ready and willing to answer any question and so freely give assurance and advice.
And most of all, you have put up with my bizarre and innapropriate personality complex. Im trying to help that and couldnt wait for the day I could offer something back and be ON TOPIC (for crikey's friggin sake at last :nope:;)).

So I do sincerely apolagize. I have seen clarity and respect this brilliant thread and every one of you. Im pretty stoned btw. Just a few thoughts.
Thanks @gunmetalshark I can relate to everything you say it's all so appropriate and matches what I can see and I'm experiencing and anticipating so far.

Yes I used the Oil Slick paper to press. Really found no issues with the paper itself for the purpose. And yep, I managed to recognize the shiny side for use. I see some residue on my plates to wipe off but no tears in the paper, and on the second press I increase the pressure about as much as I would be capable of without having the unit on the floor to be able to hold it more stably. So the paper would appear to be strong enough for needs.

Dont think I had a bag blowout, but the way I cut it in half and folded it round like Roger shows to do perhaps reduces the likelihood of a blowout?

And yes I agree and had already concluded that it would have been better to apply more pressure on the first press but I'm sure I purposely took a gentle approach to get a feel and some feedback first.

Also this particular plant apart from not being moist enough was always extremely light on vapour production and in effects as well. It was dark rosin as you can see. Never having dealt with before and only having the Elev8r with ceramic flavour disc and no experience at temperatures vs flower etc or with handling rosin I just gave it a shot with the torch and I cleaned out my long unused D 020 D bubbler. I tried cleaning it with PBW a while back and left some marks so have abandoned it but decided it is better than the FC-UFO for rosin. Iso'd it quick and it's nice to have it back actually.

I heated for longer like 50 seconds first (flower hits 25 secs). But the torch was low without me realising and vapor was very light barely visible but I did get taste and effects and was my first taste of rosin and I liked it very very much!:drool::nod:

The torch died on a reheat so I filled it and got a better hit with more vapor. This spurred me on so I loaded another bit on to the disc. No timing I just got it really very hot. I've got several very nice hits out of this more visible vapour but nowhere near as dense as my flower hits, but again this specific plant always gave very light vapor.

It tasted lovely I really enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure respiratory irritation was fairly low except I will be sensitive to the higher air temperature and I'm hoping that with a coil setup this factor will be reduced in contrast to the extra hot convective air.

I can say without question though that I can tolerate rosin I'm not allergic to this form of cannabis any more than flower so it's hard to assess things at the moment I vaped to sleep and haven't treated any symptoms today and I did finish my flower bowl after my dabs.

So I'm still observing the effects it's so early yet but I definitely used at least 0.02 to 0.04 already and I can see myself consuming this stuff pretty quickly.
That said with this year's harvest if I can get a more decent return then maybe a gram can go a fair way. Give me that ever lasting pile of weed we all dream of and rightly deserve on this earth, and you won't hear any such talk I will be pressing and dabbing for fun from this moment forth I can tell you that.

But I have this permanent insecurity about not being able to replenish my harvest or grow the following summer and being without for an indefinite period as in previous years. And this was my only concern (coming up to my rosin career), that I may use bud much faster. So I'm really just looking to gauge how my usage will pan out so that I can draw a balance with flower and rosin but it's all good and looking increasingly bright and sunny right now. :D

I have to say I am feeling very nice and high. Maybe more so than I realised beforehand, and my dabs were barely visible as well from this strain and overall setup.

Okay I'll stop. I promise to try and be fully appropriate and relevant here. Just sharing my initial thoughts right now.
@Copacetic thank you for the lovely words and your joyous, humorous perpsective! :lol:
I do try to amuse and entertain. Usually everywhere I turn in life is a dead end due to my impossible conditions and allergies etc like with all of these amazing vaporizers I have tried and cannot use and therefore contribute in those threads any longer, kind of stock with vaporizers which are good but not my all round cup of tea.

Like sitting indoors watching everyone else playing outside sort of, trying so hard to find a focus in desperate suffering in life, so that I can give back in a meaningful way. Not being able to do this it's so frustrating and a big part of my actions and outlook.
But I am glad you found some entertainment. I will try to offer this still, but focused on relevant and helpful inputs only andva little fun.

Right, Im actually just leveling out a little but I have been feeling remarkably happy for a change and all of my pains from being up so prematurely have faded big time for the moment.
Whatever happens I can see that going forward rosin may be a very viable and promising for me. This is huge, but one day at a time. :tup::tup::tup::):):)

Edit- not levelling out too fast actually which is nice. I can really feel the rosin effect and high and it feels like its remaining constant at that nice intensity for much longer than flower. I'm actually feeling too high to want to go back to bed now lol but I think I will for a brief while after a quick indica vapcap. Geez Im really wasted!

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis major kudos!!! I gotta say I was really excited when the first thing I see is a picture of your press unboxed ON the worktable, that's like 90% of the way there I'm glad you did it, and sorry you got wore out. I actually expected it to be a bit of a burden for you but I really like your drive to get it done in the wee hours of the night.

Your experiment with less than perfect material was actually a really good test for you. You got yields, while not the best, sure, you got yields, and that proves your extraction. From here it's a search for better, properly maintained buds that you can document.

I was able to weigh out my last press I video'd, it turned out to be 16.4% which is a bit higher than I had originally documented on previous efforts of smaller AND larger amounts. So it makes me wonder if not having the gauge to read pressure allowed me to get the pressure needed to squish out that much rosin. My point of confusion with my last press was I had a lot of leafy larf buds and a couple tops mixed in so I was sure to have less yields but that wasn't the case. So I am a little confused by my last effort but going to try and duplicate it with a gauge and see where that pressure seemed to be to squish out that extra 1%!

One suggestion I'd like to make, I would remove the dabpress badge off the front. It seems to get in the way of the paper. I know Roger has changed the location of the badge on the 2nd round of plates to the top plate.

In regards to your point on low vapor production when vaping the flowers, this makes sense to me with the lower yields. I would wager that if you weighted out how much of the flower you consume, with this particular batch you likely have to use more to get medicated (you can see this transfer in yields), one point however though, the vapor production on your rosin should not equal the vapor production on your flower. Now that you've extracted the oil out, it should be full on vapor production such as any other dab. I can only see the vapr production being low if there is a large amount of fats, waxes and lipids which don't vaporize at your cannabinoid temperatures. The vapor production should be intense when vaped at the right temperatures.

Here's a little experiement. If you can weigh our your flower usage for a day, figure out how many days it takes to consume 3.5g of material, do another press, and then use that rosin in place of flower for that time and see if you can stretch it further or not.

Not exactly science but a worthwhile experiment. What I was doing before in the past was pressing out how many grams of bud I'd vape in a week and typically I'd be in the ballpark give or take a day. I'm always trying to keep things consistant in all regards but you know some days demand more meds than others.

Doktor Dub

congratulations @Alexis for your first selfmade Rosin. And damn you as i want a Dabpress now even more :doh:

Personaly i think your return is not so bad - when i understood right you pressed the not so nice parts of last years crop and autoflowers?
So given that a return close to 10% is really nice, imagine what nice buds of topshelf would have given you - and that with your first press ever.

I will wait for more Pics and Stories...

Have a great day everybody!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I highly discourage pressing overly dry flower. You can certainly do it but there are plenty of documented efforts by professionals and amateurs alike that show buds pressed with low RH like 35-45% will give less yields on the initial press and repress. I'd say for your own benefit it's worth the experiment if you have extra material, but I still discourage it to avoid unnecessary disappointment.

For best yields, I suggest to keep your buds hydrated between 55-62% RH. It doesnt matter which methods you use for hydration so long as it's clean moisture, such as distilled water. I personally use bovedas for ease of use but the key here is an accurate hygrometer to measure your jarred buds RH, not trusting the packs or your gut.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
30-40% is very dry, almost fall apart dry
I do not suggest this
I just mean as opposed to nice sticky buds that smoke up well, drier bud will squish better

The boveda's I have do not seem to work well, the hygro says 70 - 85% with a 62%boveda pack in the jars
But my buds are nice and a good dry/sticky mix.....
I just break them up and let air a few mins before pressing which dries them nicely for the squish

I get depending on the flower 10 - 25% yields

Squishing grinder powder or what many call pollen gives great yeilds - that is a lot drier than the bud though...

If the buds feel moist or sticky they are definitely higher than optimal RH for pressing. Buds that have a stable RH of 62% will feel crisp and dry but when you try and snap the stem in the middle of the bud it will bend more often then snap. Your hygrometer that reads 70%, if true, would cause moldy buds after some time. Mold thrives in RH above 68% in the right conditions.

Do you trust your hygrometer accuracy? Those numbers are enough to make me unjar the buds for an hour or so and rejar them, I'd be worried they're too moist!

If you mix up 2 Tbsp of Table Salt and 1 Tbsp of water in a small container, place that into a larger container with a hygrometer, and put the lid on, after 5-6 hours you should get a solid reading of 75% RH.

https://www.neptunecigar.com/tips/how-to-calibrate-your-hygrometer

On the other hand......

There was an argument made at ICMag that the increased volume from a more moist load is only because there is more water in the rosin.

He did provide some reasonable backup to his argument.

If you do press at real low RH for a test, make sure you determine if it is much stronger than the high RH rosin. Or, if you press high RH, weight it, let it sit out for a few days and weigh it again. What was lost in water evaporation?

I have never done this test and all my pot stays at 60+% humidity all the time. So, it's just FYI.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For those looking to build a capable unit around $500, Harbor Freight has their 20-ton shop press (#60603) on sale with their mailer coupon for $139 through 11/30/18. Paired with the dp-rp37 3x7" caged plate kit $375 you'll have a behemoth of a press! This setup would be capable of pressing 35-42g of buds at once with the appropriate size pre-press mold and filters.

2rw2hdx.jpg

I have that same setup except I went with the 12 ton press instead of the 20 ton. It was only a few dollars cheaper but, more importantly for me, it is a tiny bit smaller than the 20 ton as well.

Any way you go, it's an incredible setup. I have the option of pressing 1 tiny little bud or an entire 1/2 ounce at once. Plus, if I need the press for pressing butter (which I occasionally do) I simply grab that caged unit and set it aside while I do my thing.

I really love my caged unit. And, the 3x7 size fills every possible need.

Big shout to DabPress for shooting to the top ...... and staying there. Best product, best price, best service. Damn! LOL

I believe they have 1 new model coming out the middle of next month and another model shortly thereafter.

I have not heard that one is going to be round. I would like that. One of my home made prototypes had round plates and I liked it a lot but being home made, I had quality problems. If DabPress made one in the true tradition of their quality..... wow. Certainly my dream press.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thank you very much! New small all-in-one rosin press is in process, it will offer before the end of next month. it is paired to squish 1-5g with 3x3" contact surface ( heating up by 500 watts, single pid )

I am trying to offer quickly more than I promised.

Item: dp-bj3t33 ( power by 3 ton bottle jack + 3x3" working surface)

Drip tech will offer for this press.

Regarding the new small press, 3x3" at 3 tons is a great pairing IMO! I have suggested for rosineers building their own DIY rosin press to look at 1 ton per sq/in of puck size to insure there is enough pressure on tap. 3 tons is perfect for the cylinder pre-press mold with buds (1.75" diameter pucks = 2.40 sq/in). In fact, it has a little extra on tap so I am curious if the 5g limit is more closer to 7g+ ?

I can't wait to test the new press. My first DIY was 3x3 and I loved it. I moved up to a 4" round later on.

As you know, i have to test more reputable bottle jack and hydraulic cylinder, now i choose a high-quality hydraulic cylinder ram, but i was told it spend 30 day to get it.

But i think 3 ton bottle jack rosin press will offer in time.

I can’t find exactly where Roger or @psychonaut explicitly state they’re round, but I am fairly certain that the smallest AIO with a 3-ton bottle jack will have round plates? I sure hope they are. Psycho, can you please confirm that if you know the answer. Don’t want to bug Roger.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi @ACitizenOfCo @pxl_jockey , Roger hasn't mentioned round plates to me so if the smaller unit has round plates it would be a surprise for all of us here. The new unit will be small, a personal press. It's being finished up and should be ready soon. The price will be very attractive for entry-level/new rosineers.

I still recommend for rosineers on a budget to consider a caged cube kit or plate kit, with a shop-press, so long as you have the space to set it up.

For the price a heavy duty DIY build is hard to beat for those with space available.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I hear you on the caged plates with your press being the best bang for ya bux if you are on a tighter budget or just want the ability to crush and gush ounces in one go!

But even beyond the space requirements of a 12 or 20 ton shop press, there’s a lot of other reasons to not want to own one. For so many people, these smaller AIOs represent the best, most realistic opportunity to squish. I really love that Roger recognised that fact and is moving so quickly to offer a unit at every level for all levels of rosineer. Imo, each one of the dp presses offer incredible value for money, even the sexy SS 10 ton is very reasonably priced. I think the dp-bj6t35 is a “steal”, a word that is way overused by stoners to describe any purchase, but I feel it’s completely accurate in this case.

Hell I remember feeling like @ACitizenOfCo when this thread started, like how are they able to make such high quality presses with quality components and be so much less than all the “other guys”? I’m sure other members have had a similar wondering. But I already knew and trusted the guys that immediately began singing the praises of dabpress and the outstanding customer service and after-sales support that Roger provides, so I knew it was legit.

I'm taking it all in. I wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding about the shape of the plates.

Thank you to everyone that responded.

With all respect intended, my current plan is a dake B 10 with either the dabpress 3x3 or caged 3x5 plates.

I like the idea of smaller plate size, but I also like reducing potential human error: misaligned plates.

I am certain about dab press, now the decision: the 3x3 or 3x5.

I'm stuck in trim jail tonight. It's been entirely too long.

Thank you all for your input. If you wouldn't mind considering my process, I'd appreciate any input.

It's my first time buying or operating a press. I harvested and hung 4 days ago; my humidity is a bit low, so I'm probably going to trim and bottle up tonight, then burp my jars. When testing the branches, there's already a bit of snap to the bend.

Is there any merit to freezing before pressing? Am I alright to just jar up and pres as necessary? Should I press all at once?

Appreciatively, as always.

I'm taking it all in. I wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding about the shape of the plates.

Thank you to everyone that responded.

With all respect intended, my current plan is a dake B 10 with either the dabpress 3x3 or caged 3x5 plates.

I like the idea of smaller plate size, but I also like reducing potential human error: misaligned plates.

I am certain about dab press, now the decision: the 3x3 or 3x5.

I'm stuck in trim jail tonight. It's been entirely too long.

Thank you all for your input. If you wouldn't mind considering my process, I'd appreciate any input.

It's my first time buying or operating a press. I harvested and hung 4 days ago; my humidity is a bit low, so I'm probably going to trim and bottle up tonight, then burp my jars. When testing the branches, there's already a bit of snap to the bend.

Is there any merit to freezing before pressing? Am I alright to just jar up and pres as necessary? Should I press all at once?

Appreciatively, as always.

If all other factors are the same..... I would go with the 3x5 caged over the 3x3 plates.

Why?

I have the 3x7 and I very often do simple 1 gram presses. No puck, no nothing. Heat 'em up. Press a couple buds. Turn it off.

Yet, there are some limitations to smaller plates like 3x3 vs my giant 3x7. In other words, 3x7 can do anything 3x3 can do but 3x3 can't do everything 2x7 can do.

Plus, the cage setup makes it sooooo easy to move if you want to use the press for something else (I use my press to squeeze butter). If they had a 3x3 cage unit I might reconsider. However, I love the cage setup and the smallest is 3x5 so I would go right to that.

So... if it's a matter of money. Or some other reason to buy the 3x3 plates then I understand. However if there's nothing stopping you, I would skip right to the 3x5 caged unit.

Just my humble opinion. :)

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Since your growing I’d also suggest the 3x5 or even 3x7. They have no minimium amount to work well. No need to freeze before pressing. I think that could mess with humidity as it heats through the dew point.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi FC friends, I suppose it's time to end the wait on the upcoming 3x3 AIO unit.

Some features of our new release dp-bj3t33

Platens made of anodized 6061 aluminum
Perfect alignment of platens
Dual insulation layers on platens of bamboo and FR4 material
500W Single PID powers dual heaters (one temp setting for both platens)
3x3" raised pressing surface area
Machine grade linear bearings designed for constant use
Frame made of 6061 Aluminum
Food grade materials used for frame and platens
3-tons of pressure delivered with bottle jack
Suggested use with 1-7g of flower
Drip tech capability by tilting unit and resting at 45 degrees
Unit is taller than 2-liter soda bottle, 5cm taller than dp-bj6t35

This unit will be available in 2 weeks on our official webstore. As Roger promised, the price will be $399. The quality of bearings that were eventually used in the unit increased the production cost by a decent bit but it was more important to keep the promise on the price. Maybe in the future we'll try and not guess at prices until the prototype is fully tested ;)

We hope you enjoy a peek at our upcoming offering!

mmexport1538106085189.jpg

mmexport1538106049408.jpg

mmexport1538106062261.jpg

mmexport1538106035950.jpg

mmexport1538106023623.jpg

Last edited:
SOLD!!!

LOL

Can't wait.

Love the tilt and the idea of one temperature control. Why have 2 temperature controls, anyway? Does anyone set their bottom plate to a different temperature then their top plate? LOL

I can't wait for this baby to start munching on my buds. :)

Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom