Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks man, pretty happy aswell...my best squish so far yield and percentage wise and no i dont think that there is much left in the puck..i like that 2 bigger round pucks alot..works great and the 2,5" bags fit rly good :D
My pucks are 40mm/1,57" di.

Perhaps we should take another look at dp-pm40r so rosineers can enjoy 10g pucks for their press, presently it's discontinued but I think a 2-piece version would be nice.

Did you get the diameter of the finished puck by chance?

Alexis

i can happily report that 1,6" dia round pucks are a perfekt fit for 2,5" dia bags,
tried my first 10g round 1,6" puck yesterday and it worked just beautiful...biggest problem i see now is rosin
dripping of the sides if i press bigger amounts...i rly wanna go big like 20g but am afraid :/

Folding the parchment on the sides isnt the best option either in my book since u cant wrap the front down (kinda hard to describe)
and the rosin stays longer in the hot area...maybe with more positive angle hmm..more testing needed :)

Well that's no problem- just invite @invertedisdead round. If any drips off the edges, I hear he is pretty "handy". :brow:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Perhaps we should take another look at dp-pm40r so rosineers can enjoy 10g pucks for their press, presently it's discontinued but I think a 2-piece version would be nice.

Did you get the diameter of the finished puck by chance?

Wow, i´ve never seen that the SS pre-press is 40mm ID..great, yeah id love if some else peops would try...as said 2,5" bags work perfect..but it looks like it lacks the same problem as the other pre-press that one part isnt long enouf to compl. push out the puck (A must be as long as B remember.. :D )

@anasrzi

I can at least say u can fully utilize the 3x5" plates with the 10 ton press cuz even if u would go with a puck the size of the pressing space u would have 1440psi wich would be plenty enough for the whole space...more power is rly just needed if u have bigger plates and want to press even more flower per run but i cant see that beeing the case for personal use..hence even the 10 ton is way overkill....sweet spot rly are the 6 ton and upcoming 3x3 AIO unit i guess...have to say i also enjoyed the lil presses cuz u tend to use it more often...can NOT squish 20g all day long but i am addicted to the honey riiiver lol :D

Last edited:

Alexis

That was the dumbest parchment fold EVER! I guess sometimes it's better to save the dabs until AFTER the pressing ;)
Well I wont try and persuade you otherwise, but it certainly isn't the dumbest thing you have done- I still chuckle every time I think back to that red bag murder who-dunnit-incident! :lol:

Right, real brief progress update- just about have a desk space upstairs now to assemble the 6 ton unit. Intil now, there honestly wasnt anywhere to set it up. It arrived into a tip of a house in decoration mode, sat in the way for weeks while all available energy went towards grow/harvest.

A bit of tidying and it will soon be in place. Need to go through @psychonaut 's excellent check list guide make sure I am fully prepared. But Im sure I will be underequipped/prepared in some way(s) initially and will just have to learn the hard way lol.

But tbh, the only thing Im actually concerned about, and disappointed- we had weeks of very low humidity here while our autos dried. This gives such a short window to jar up between just right...and overdry.

I always dread the final trim/jarring because you can never control when it is time, and it is a big job which I am never well enough to do and it can suddenly need doing asap.

So the result was most of the crop was overdried. As in below 60% and some quite a bit. I added 62% bovedas to all that needed it, 2 per 1L jar.
Some of the overdried jars have risen to 62%, but most are sat at 60% EVEN with 2 boveda packs in there?:hmm:

I do trust the hygrometers, but it does appear that the bovedas arent fully capable of raising and maintaining at 62% (new packs too.)
That reminds me, came across this earlier:http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=541
Some rosineers were claiming they had better success and rehydrating buds with this product than the bovedas.

Regardless, it dried too much for my satsifaction, not everything though. Im kicking myself because apart from limiting the cure (and a harsher vape) im convinced it wont press as well now.

I may look into the product above. But I have the large 67 gram 62% packs now. I am thinking of using these to rehydrate buds for pressing in a small jar for a day or so.
And I may pick up a 65% large pack too for testing, in good time.

So a little gutted about that obviously. Such amazong weed too, thick trichomes for outdoors.
875 grams from 8 autos. Just reallt hoping it isnt as bad as I am fearing and will still press well enough, and continue to cure to get smoother.

I really cannot wait to get started now once I have a little more strength. I expect I will need a little extra schooling as learn the ropes.

@gunmetalshark amazing results well done bro!:clap: I tried to time your press, it looked like just over 2 minutes after the plates touch?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Dont worry too much my friend, i have also pressed herbs that were more like 55% and they did just fine aswell..if u have 60% thats perfectly fine..dont worry :)

I stopped timing my presses it gets me in an unneeded hurry/stress :), i just try to get a good amount of heat transfer time and just try to be slow so it flows steady and not too much at once...take your time and dont hurry, u will notice when it stops flowing :)

@Grifo

Yeah i already tried folding but i love seeing the river flowing down and that doesnt work too well folded or i am just doing it wrong :D :/

Alexis

Dont worry too much my friend, i have also pressed herbs that were more like 55% and they did just fine aswell..if u have 60% thats perfectly fine..dont worry :)

I stopped timing my presses it gets me in an unneeded hurry/stress :), i just try to get a good amount of heat transfer time and just try to be slow so it flows steady and not too much at once...take your time and dont hurry, u will notice when it stops flowing :)

@Grifo

Yeah i already tried folding but i love seeing the river flowing down and that doesnt work too well folded or i am just doing it wrong :D :/
Thanks for the reasurrance. It isnt just for pressing, this is 2 years worth of herb possibly (ib herb state, will have to see with rosin though). So I REALLY wanted to do everything just right and kicking myself for cocking up the dry so badly. :tup:

On a better progress nots forgot to say I ordered my 710 coil and 25 mm opaque!:rockon:

Need a carb cap too, and I want a banger for torching. So Im trying to buy the dhgate banger linked in @psychonaut 's sig. Cheap. Dhgate stopped taking hsbc so havent ordered from there for months.

I planned to open a new bano account. But I decided I need this setup asap and selected bank transfer.
I have instructions to visit my local Barclays bank and make the transfer without an extra fee.

Chinese holiday then I will see if I can just it online. Need a dab rig too. I like this one but not for my 14 mm male 710 banger:
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/5-inch-circuit-rig?variant=29825731730

So I will swoop for a cheap rig first from China, but I may treat myself to the Grav Circuit rig later for torch use plus an adapter/dropdown maybe with Shane's banger.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Beautiful day outside, @gunmetalshark reminded me I needed to press. The dp-hr10t35 is a bit more trouble to move about, so I broke out the dp-bj6t35. I have a nice supply of autoultimate, organic, no pesticides or herbicides, indoor LED flowers. Cured for about 3 months. Really love this strain, its a good one for DIY, forgiving and high yields. A bit sedative for my needs I am a sativa guy, this is 50/50 hybrid, but I use this strain after 8PM to begin my evening meds.

Used the old discontinued dp-pm40r (40mm I.D.) pre-press mold and a 2.3x4.25" 160u filter. The puck fit really well. No idea on the yields, I typically get about 15% off this cultivar, I expect it'll be in the ballpark or a little less as I stuffed this filter full of larf and lower buds. Lovely color and flow, hope you enjoy my pressing =)

220F for about 4 mins give or take. No idea on the pressure, but plenty... Finished puck size was 2.5" diameter (4.9 sq/in). Plenty of power on tap with the dp-bj6t35 for a single 10g puck of this size.

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Great squish @psychonaut , happy that it worked for u fine aswell, u should really talk Roger into bringing back that 40 ID mm press,
maybe in an upgraded version (Part A/B ya know :D) i really would like one since my DIY is not perfet at all :D :D

I love you people round here, its just more than talk on like most other places...u see rly interaction going on and that across the pond, big up to all of you :D :D :D

Last edited:

Alexis

I just watched your video now @psychonaut with some morning vapcapping.

What a lovely treat, in a real therapeutic way. You guys are really so brave when you show us all your lives by making these videos. Not to be a pryer, but it was so refreshing, exciting and intetesting, like "hanging" with you almost for a moment, similar concept to the Vapecritic's live streams. In case you ever feel self conscious, that is what it felt like I almosr forgot I was watching the press or what the video was about.

Love your sunny room too! And essentially, what a brilliant visual walk through for me personally right now, Im sure this was your exact purpose here to give a clear basic visual demo.
And you made it look so simple too. Each step I had to rewind as I was gazing and like "hold on, what just happened? How did that suddenly get to here?"

I noticed the double parchment at the start. I wondered if you had done this purposely as a demonstration for new rosineers like myself but I also wonder if it was for this particular press you were doing with the pre-press mold and puk size. Maybe both were on your mind I imagine.

Also I clocked your hygrometer lid reading- it was at 59% to start, then dropped to 56 suddenly before you opened it. Just found that a bit strange.

I like those magnets. I want to get some like that if I can, will see what Amazon offers. But I cant see me attempting very big presses just yet.

Now I do have one question please- I have the smaller SS pre-press mold. Im confused though as it has no bottom piece. So do I just put the bud in on any surface underneath, or use one of the included cards in the box? Sorry for such silly Q's but I was a bit puzzled. No need for an answer on this any time soon, but you could maybe address that for all (if anybody else out there is that stupid as well lol!) somewhere down the line.

Thank you so much for the effort you are making personally to instruct and teach us all how to use these products, every bit of effort you make is sincerely appreciated, in particular the way you are thinking of everything from OUR viewpoint with utmost attention to detail, really excellent and couldn't be more considerate. :tup:

Right, Night Queen has messed me up, another load then gotta grab some more zzz's.
Mmm? Being spoilt for choice by not just strain, but phenotype variety does have it's drawbacks! ;)
I've used all my ground up, what do I naturally gravitate towards now? Its like having lots of different wives, you want to be with them all all day long and get to know them all the better.

But alas, I have to tear myself away from one lovely girl to spend time with the next. Right I have got me some decisions to make- Sunrise 1, 2, 3....(Durban?) Hard life!:cool:

Edit- it was Sunrise "4" in the end. And it was the end. :zzz:

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@invertedisdead thank you Sir! That's one of my favorite parts about this press. Need to move it? No problem! Determining where you wanna press at any given moment is pretty nice. Hey nothing wrong with the floor so long as you're comfortable!

@gunmetalshark Thanks! I'll encourage him to bring that mold back. It'd be rather useful for the larger tonnage presses where you can run 2x 10g filters instead of 2x 7g filters, or like I did just a single 10g run. I dont think this would work well with the small press upcoming, due to available pressure on tap.

@Alexis this particular video was mostly to showcase the larger pucks on the mid-range AIO unit from start to finish without any cuts.

I generally use doubled up parchment for all my efforts. It costs more money but I dont lose any rosin this way. The sheets I have at the moment are Reynolds cookie sheets which are pre-folded and doubled up. Once these are gone I'll be switching back to reynolds regular parchment and just using my tabletop paper cutter, probably still will be doubling up.

I think the RH reading in the container was tainted by the windy conditions outside yesterday combined with the non-air proof lid as we discussed after the product was released. The RH outside yesterday was around 20%, that and I had opened the container a few times to put in half charged bovedas trying to get the RH up. I also put a drop of distilled water in the lid so it's hard to say exactly what the RH was in there, it was stable at 60 before I took everything outside.

The magnets are affordable and worth having, I think mine maybe a bit too strong personally but they make smaller ones. It just helps keep your hands free to work.

For the 2 piece pre-press mold, recommended to use on a hard/stable work surface, place the plastic sheet down on the work surface, then the empty cylinder, and fill. Then insert the ram and squeeze it down on the work surface. You can also use parchment on the bottom, the plastic sheet is not required.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@felon167inc My enail with flat coil is in my signature, it's a dhgate unit from carolongtechnology. It works just fine with my dnail halo, I use it with both SiC and sapphire halos. The halo heats up so quickly I really dont know where a beefier heater would make much difference? It sits right against the bottom of the halo and SiC is notoriously fast at transferring heat.

Personally, if you wanna step up your rosin dabbing game, start out with a quartz banger and torch, that'll get you in on the cheap and the experience will become a benchmark for more expensive nails.

If you dont wanna mess with the torch the auber enail, while I have 0 experience with, has it's praises sung daily. The dnail halo dish I think is worth the money, there are others of similar size and shape but there were reports that the dnail sic halo was outperforming them. Take that as you will, the information was provided by long time dabbers with experience. There are also quartz bangers that work with enail coils. I've not tried anything over a 20mm bucket banger with a 20mm coil and personally I wasn't a huge fan but that has been a couple of years ago and my temps were much higher back then making cleanup more difficult :2c:

Alexis

I have a quartz banger and torch

I want to step up

I am getting the auber heater unit

Just did not know if the dnail flat coil was worth the extra money or if I would be happy with the flat nail that auber supply

I already know I want a Halo SiC
And am buying the auber heater

But did not know if the flat dnail or flat auber was what I should get
Are you also aware of the fine work of @710Coils ? I already have the rdk-300. I wanted a banger and coil setup myself. So many options out there it really is hard for a newb to fathom exactly what the differences, pros and cons are.

But I just followed my nose in the end which was pulled so strongly towards 710coils. I have a 25mm opaque bucket and coil en route and couldnt feel happiee that I made the right choice, (despite admittedly knowing nothing about this, so please have your salt shaker nearby.)

Anyway if you havent seen it there is a thread for his excellent work may be worth a look.

Forget all the banger garbage and get a box mod and a Motar Quartz. This baby is my dream come true. LOL

I had a quartz banger but I always used a torch. Too much variance on the heat. I always wanted to try a nail. I entered the 710nails contest so, maybe I'll get lucky. LOL

However, all kidding aside, I really love the ease of a 510 quartz bucket. And, this Motar is awesome at it. I run it at 15 to 20 watts and it's a killer. Battery lasts forever.

What is it that you guys like about your nails the most?

Thanks

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Those motar's are great indeed @Hackerman , I am not a big fan of how low temps the sidewalls of the cup are, but it works fine and is very simple to operate and clean.

For me personally I have a way to vape concentrates in every fashion and form at home or on the go, so that one definitely is a good portable to have and I can see it being more convenient on the couch too. I was hitting the banger with torch all day yesterday, it was just too fast and convenient, dabbing in under 90 seconds. My biggest complaint with the bigger nails is you gotta be careful, things are hot! I love that the enail can be left on and ready to go, perfect for large number of people.

I also like having the separate nail to move between glass. I'm finding I have favorites for my daily driver but always fun to move it from piece to piece.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sorry I have no experience with the dnail coil on the halo dishes, still waiting for my original flat coil to die. This thread doesn't get the exposure you are looking for as it's dabpress rosin plates, so perhaps the general rosin thread or dnail thread will have the vaporists you are looking for? I believe Samurai Sam has a dnaii halo with auber PID, not sure if he has both auber and dnail heaters.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You are ordering at Auberin in any case so why not also ordering the coil for a discounted price at the same time?
I'd do so. I don't believe the D-Nail coil is worth the extra $$.

Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@felon167inc I don't have anything to compare against as I own 1 flat coil for all my dish style nails. I can only say what I've found with my setup. Enail is set at 580F and using a thermocouple touching on the dish floor reads about 460F. It heats up in 2 mins or less. I turn it off after use as it's an intermittent driver for me. When I change nails, I adjust the PID temperature to bring me to my desired dish floor temp measuring with the thermocouple.

I guess I havent thought much about benefits of other coils, but it's an interesting question and will follow it on the dnail thread. Hope you find your answer!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Here's a pic of the nail and heater that was paired with my enail.

quartz-titanium-nail-for-flat-10mm-heater-coil-for-dab-nail-for-female-and-male14.4mm-18.8mm-glass-bong-water-piper.jpg

My heater is a bit deformed now, more of an oval shape after years of use. It doesn't cover the entire floor of the Sic a bit of a gap on the sides due to the oval shape. That being said, it still works for me.

Top Bottom