Dabpress Rosin Plates

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
22% off this Platinum OG. Love how easy it is to get a drip going on this bottle jack press! I'm not doing full on vertical drip, just tiling it forward enough to get some forward flow.

HEybp4b.jpg

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
BTW I've heard good things about Black Label Parchment. Shall works pretty well.

Does anyone of you have experiences with?
Only experience I have with Black Label paper is trying to find the stuff.
I've not seen anyone in UK/EU with the 10cm squares of 55lb :(
I think ideally I'd like the 5"x9"

Thickest paper I've managed to find was 70gsm, which is 60gsm paper with a 10gsm coating and it comes in 25m rolls, just over 1m wide.

I think 55lb is the equivalent of about 100gsm

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Do you think the 55lb is REALLY necessary? A serious question, I don't know.
BTW their "silicone coating plus" is on both sides. Any probs? At least it's kosher ;)

Is there really no one who compared the BLP to OS a/o Reynolds?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thicker the better imho lol :shrug:
Should prevent or minimise bleed through

I'm still working my way though a cheap 450mm wide X 50m roll of "prowrap professional" baking parchment and just doubling it up when using it for pressing.

Cost me less than £10 and has lasted ages

Last edited:

Alexis

I have heard very strong claims made about "dixie" being the best parchment. Is also bleached though.
@psychonaut Getting closer bro. And actually, the only real thing holding me back- until now I honestly had no idea whereabouts in the house was going to be a suitable place for the press.

It is currently in its box on the kitchen floor and there has not been any designated worktop for it I don't think I'd really given it much thought. We are currently re-organising and decluttering the house, with some decorating to come upstairs and I have currently moved out of my bedroom into the downstairs living room.

So the house has been in a bit of a tip and a state as I have been myself, so even when I have felt the urge to set the press up it has not had a dedicated space and I could only picture myself getting it all out and doing it on the kitchen floor only to have to pack it away again so it is not in my mum's way.

And of course I realise that although I think it may be possible to operate the press on the floor it certainly would not be recommended by you guys.

So in a few days there will be a dedicated worktop upstairs or the press and it will be coming out of the box. Once it is actually accessible and inplace I'm sure I will make more rapid strides towards operation, with the aid of your very clear instructions and directions. :)

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis Feel free to PM, call, or email me if you need help outside of the forums. Sounds like you're getting close! How exciting.

As to the parchment, I think it's probably the least concerning component, as you can double up without any impact on your press. If there is a concern with the durability of the parchment, readily available (at least in the US), Reynolds is my benchmark parchment. Everything else has to be compared to it as it's a quality product.

In fact, I havent found a parchment to replace it, nor a need to spend much time searching. :2c:

Alexis

That press is so tiny. Open it up and turn it on!!

I use Costco kirckland paper. Huge rolls. Works good.
Thanks bro, I will for sure Im looking proper forward to it. I also need some better device for rosin consumption. I did try a bit of the rosin a member here sent me in the Elev8r some weeks back- using the ceramic flavour disc.
I started on similar flower coil temps and went right up. Never got any vapor or effects but perhaps needed to go higher, or didn't load it right.

But Im not at all fond of the way the flavour disc wedges in the top of the Elev8r glass bowl, scraping around, getting stuck and having to be poked out from underneath.
My plan is to get a banger or two. One with a coil for my Rdk-300 for sure, maybe one for the Big Shot too.

Now I would already have done this except DHgate stopped accepting HSBC a while ago so I have not been able to purchase from them without paying extra for bank transfers which I kind of object to the buggers!

So I think I will need to open a separate bank account somewhere and just use that for those purchases. The task has been too much for me until now hence no array of rosin vaporization tools so far.
And I don't know anything about bangers and coils there are so many options out there it's hard to know what you're getting and paying for and what you're missing out on.

But I really love the look of dabbing with a quartz banger- with a torch or using a coil it looks like really good fun and I can't wait to be doing this properly I'm all or nothing the Tortoise rather than the Hare.

So it's just a case of there being lots of bits and bobs to be sorted out plus many more on top. The harvest ran over 15 weeks total and was a big job for me and my mum in my condition. That has been the number one priority, the rest trust me I'm itching to get to as soon as I can recover sufficiently and the house and home life is in order again real soon.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@psychonaut hey my man, just wanted to ask if you had heard anything from Roger & the peeps @dabpress.com since the craziest typhoon of all time occurred. I’m sure concerned about them and their families because conditions for people always seem to get worse in the days after the initial surge.

I’m reading about industrial waste (including nuclear), raw sewage and other nasty stuff flowing free in the Carolinas thanks to Flo and I immediately thought of Mangkut wreaking the same sort of devastation or worse on the folks in Southeast Asia. Please let us know when you do hear word, if he’s cool with it.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Alexis, is my suggestion too. Seems to be a good proven and a fair price solution despite the exceptional CS of @710Coils. Even the most critical dabheads aren't saying any bad word about all the offered stuff at his shop.

First I'll be in with a 25mm opaque with an axial coil, coil clips and beads the next weeks. Am still waiting for the new carb caps.

Baron23

My plan is to get a banger or two. One with a coil for my Rdk-300 for sure, maybe one for the Big Shot too.

@710Coils is your man on bangers and coils.

I highly recommend a 25mm opaque with his coil and a coil clip kit. Shane will be glad to fit the coils for you if you ask nicely :-)

I also think he has a flat rate for international shipping and knows how to not attract the attention of customs and added taxes.

Alexis

@710Coils is your man on bangers and coils.

I highly recommend a 25mm opaque with his coil and a coil clip kit. Shane will be glad to fit the coils for you if you ask nicely :-)

I also think he has a flat rate for international shipping and knows how to not attract the attention of customs and added taxes.
Thanks very much Baron always appreciate your advice you are certainly light years ahead of me on dipping your toes into all of these various pools, but totally modest about everything so it's great to be able to consult you all on these things and have full confidence in what you have to say.

I have the feeling that @710Coils may be the way for me to go. I mean I don't really understand what makes the difference between different bangers and coils, but I see so much buzz and praise for his work and he is clearly a really nice guy and is another manufacturer we are so lucky to have here who you feel so good about supporting.

Thanks also for the word on what to expect costwise. I do really want to have everything I need in place, and this is a big part of it. I can see it being weeks before I manage to open a new bank account as well, so it does make sense. Cheers Baron.

And I just saw the other recommendations above by @Hogni and @invertedisdead thanks guys.
I think apart from all other arguments this excellent harvest we have been blessed with coupled with this amazing work and presses Roger has created for us..... deserves QUALITY, not to be let down by cheapy final solutions! (See, Im good at justifying spending money.) :nod:

Edit- I should have added that I actually have an about-to-expire cart on 710coil's site with= 25 mm Opaque banger and red barrel coil! I mocked it up a few days ago to see ship totals, and sure thing @Baron23 very reasonable indeed!

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@pxl_jockey thanks for your concern. It seems they are back working but they dealt with the problems of downed trees and flooding in certain areas. Roger had mentioned that he had seen a number of down trees when he drove to the factory the day after the storm. I didnt follow the storm close enough to know all the details. I read on the weather channel the storm was similar in power to a cat 5 hurricane.

Some news on the new small unit, it is being finished up now, and should be ready within two weeks. I still wait for Roger to share any pictures, hopefully closer to release date we'll get the visuals!

In regards to the strongway/dake compatible coupler for our hydraulic cylinder presses (dp-hr10t35), this should be ready next month.

I've been a primary dabber for quite a while, almost 3 years now? The 25mm opaque banger is a great choice for dabbing, I use a torch but a coil to fit would be pretty sweet! I also use my dnail sic halo. Lately I've been alternating my sessions between them evenly and really like both setups.

For a great budget setup a small oil rig like a mini tube with low or no diffusion coupled with a 25mm banger and bubble/carb cap is just about perfect. I use a big shot blazer torch with 30 second heatup, 60 second cooldown and my banger is about as spotless after a dozen uses as I could hope for, it'll need a deep clean sometime next week I guess.

I may need to put some money into qtip stock, I go through 2-3 qtips per session keeping my nails clean.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey folks, we changed the name of the thread to allow members and search robots to accurately find Dabpress here on FC :wave:

Curious what you all think of pressing flowers with the cylinder (vertical filter/bottle tech style) pucks versus rectangle pucks?

My thoughts: I feel like the 2x4" mold is really too big to use with the dp-bj6t35 6-ton unit as 8 sq/in pucks reduces the max pressure to 1500 PSI. It is ok if you plan on re-pressing the puck to get the rest out but I feel like the rosineer would end up with 2 grades of rosin always versus using 2x filters with bottle tech style for the same amount of material with just over half the footprint. So for this reason I seem to be favoring bottle tech style on any press with 6-tons or less.

-------------------

Some questions I have fielded on the phone that I want to share, in case potential rosineers also have them. Keep in mind there's more than 1 way to do things, so I only offer methods that are working for me.

As always, our blog has a lot of useful information for newbies and seasoned rosineers alike. It is a good page to bookmark for those learning!

Q: How do I know if I am using enough pressure without a gauge?
A: As you are applying pressure, you will feel the melting of the rosin up to a point in the handle of your hydraulic jack/pump. As you apply pressure slowly with the handle, you can feel the oil release which will reduce the pressure within the puck. Once the pressure begins to tighten, you are likely at the top end of your pressure. You can always add more pressure if you feel necessary but check your rosin flow for darker coloration.

Q: What material are the plates made of?
A: 6061 Aluminum that have been anodized.

Q: What if I want to use my dp-bj6t35 with a 12-ton bottle jack?
A: The plates must be removed from the unit and installed on a 12-ton H-frame shop press, the frame is only rated up to 8-tons force.

Q: What temperature and how long should I press for?
A: It all depends on what you want. Low temperatures for better flavor, High temperatures for better yields. There is no hard and fast rule on this, experiment with both variables and find out what you prefer. Most rosineers have been asking about flower pressing temperatures and times, so I have recommended to keep your flower pressing range between 180-220F, and times of 90 seconds to 2-3 minutes for 7g or less.

Q: How much can I press at once?
A: It depends on how much pressure you have on tap (primarily), followed by the surface area of your platens. I try and recommend to have 1-ton available for every 1 sq/in of puck surface area. This insures you always have enough pressure to extract your oil without the need for a repress. I would recommend for a 3 ton unit to only press 7g or less, a 6-ton unit 14g or less, a 10-ton unit 21g or less, a 20-ton unit 42g or less.

Q: What are the advantages to using a rosin extraction filter?
A: It can help clean up your rosin to exclude micro plant matter from flower pressing. It also provides a predictable puck size for easy pressure predicting when using a gauge. It is necessary for pressing out loose material like kief, sift and hash. It is necessary when re-pressing your rosin for THC-a isolation (25u filters/ss mesh required)

Q: How small an amount of flower can I press at once?
A: A small 0.25g bud can be pressed out easily and quickly.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
i can happily report that 1,6" dia round pucks are a perfekt fit for 2,5" dia bags,
tried my first 10g round 1,6" puck yesterday and it worked just beautiful...biggest problem i see now is rosin
dripping of the sides if i press bigger amounts...i rly wanna go big like 20g but am afraid :/

Folding the parchment on the sides isnt the best option either in my book since u cant wrap the front down (kinda hard to describe)
and the rosin stays longer in the hot area...maybe with more positive angle hmm..more testing needed :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Could try open sheets of parchment paper, the rosin can flow out front and back, then only need to try and contain sides. Some upward folds on the sides (after pressure), to keep from dripping out, but I'd also suggest to have some thin strips that are folded like a canoe to catch anything coming out the sides. Use magnets for the top paper on both the front and back so the rosin takes a nice easy route down the bottom sheet.

Seems like a lot of work, I've decided just making rectangle pucks with side folds works best, but with taller pucks side folding requires a bit more skill to avoid crumpling of the paper.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
For my fellow rosin lovers here at fc.com....the squish of the Day EVERYONE (at least me ^^)
has been waiting for...20g in 2x 1,6" dia pucks packed in a "cut in 2 pieces" 2,5x4,5" 120 micron bag.

I now choose to add small sheets of parchment on both sides to collect everything that flows out of the sides and raised tha back for about 1/2"....worked pretty well this time...also pressure seemed to be just fine (5000psi, no blowout) because i did 4,2G oof 20G which is 21% return if i am right...? Very satisfied as i am not
getting lower results as i am going bigger on the amount and from 160 to 120 micron...very impressed with the Press..makes one addicted to squishin, i have 8g finest rosin in stash now...thats enough for weeeks 4 me lool :D :D :D

2ikclu1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom