Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
That is one badass lil all-in-one Roger! This certainly will bridge some gaps :clap: I love the look of this sturdy bottle jack press. Excited on the mini hydraulic unit with separate pump :tup:

Thanks for the generosity to our community here on FC ! That combo bundle for FC members includes EVERYTHING except for flowers. :nod:

:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:

Last edited:

Bunny

That is one badass lil all-in-one Roger! This certainly will bridge some gaps :clap: I love the look of this sturdy bottle jack press. Excited on the mini hydraulic unit with separate pump :tup:

Thanks for the generosity to our community here on FC ! That combo bundle for FC members includes EVERYTHING except for flowers. :nod:

Looks great and a good FC package I think Im going to pick one up. I need a press and don’t want to wait . And this will be cheaper without the extra pump and hopefully easier to use in a small space as it’s operated at the unit. I will update when I get my unit and run some tests.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Bunny If you never plan to need 10 tons of force, this unit is the gap (6 ton integrated, upgradable to 8-ton), no gauge of course but that could also be fitted aftermarket :science: though not as cheaply. You're right, this is likely the more affordable option of the two new units. All the separate pump/cylinder shop presses on the market cost more than their bottle jack counterparts.

Gauges are more useful for professional processing, or OCD pressers. To get the feel for pressure is really a small learning curve.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

I have a plan to develop a 12-20 ton bottle jack rosin press with 4x7" sized plates. Power with 4 heating rods in the future. I will think of gauge on the bottle jack.

But it will take a long time in process.

In fact, dp-bj6t35 have enough pressure more than the manual press in the market. It will help to obtain high yeild if pressing 3.5g-7g buds of flower.

Thank you!:lol:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have a plan to develop a 12-20 ton bottle jack rosin press with 4x7" sized plates. Power with 4 heating rods in the future. I will think of gauge on the bottle jack.

But it will take a long time in process.

In fact, dp-bj6t35 have enough pressure more than the manual press in the market. It will help to obtain high yeild if pressing 3.5g-7g buds of flower.

Thank you!:lol:

Wow that will be a massive unit. I've looked into the bottle jacks with gauges and they are certainly not cheap. I am not sure how easily/affordably it would be to fit one aftermarket, just looking at some prices, this bottle jack is quite spendy at $653! :o This is not a pricing mistake, the competition is just as expensive.

http://www.zinko.com/hydraulic-jack...p-10-ton-bottle-jack-with-pressure-gauge.html

znp-10p_3.jpg

anasrzi

Quick Q as a international customer (u.K), does free shipping still apply over $400 @dabpress.com ? Lovely little setup by the way, takes lots of hassle out of sourcing parts etc and making your own. How much product could you press per time on those plates? i grow outdoor and if the bud is substandard then making oil is the next best thing but i'd need a press that could handle a good weight of flower per press as i could be dealing with a sizeable amount in one go.

Bunny

Quick Q as a international customer (u.K), does free shipping still apply over $400 @dabpress.com ? Lovely little setup by the way, takes lots of hassle out of sourcing parts etc and making your own. How much product could you press per time on those plates? i grow outdoor and if the bud is substandard then making oil is the next best thing but i'd need a press that could handle a good weight of flower per press as i could be dealing with a sizeable amount in one go.

Hey bro I think the 3x5 plates handle about 7 grams in a puc at a time. @psychonaut as the resident Rosin/dabpress expert what is the max quantity one should press in 3x5 ?
Also do you think I will miss the ability to press with 10 ton or will 6-8 ton yield well? Any tips for pressing which bags and what temps, timings e.c.t for a newbie .

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey bro I think the 3x5 plates handle about 7 grams in a puc at a time. @psychonaut as the resident Rosin/dabpress expert what is the max quantity one should press in 3x5 ?
Also do you think I will miss the ability to press with 10 ton or will 6-8 ton yield well? Any tips for pressing which bags and what temps, timings e.c.t for a newbie .

Honestly the plate size is likely secondary to the pressure since this unit has the ability to be upgraded. Based on the tonnage of the jack (6 tons), I would recommend about 1800 PSI at least with 2x filters of 5g each puck totalling 1.75" diameter which is 2.4 sq/in each for 4.8 sq/in total. Tonnage required to press those 10g in 2 seperate filters using bottle tech would be right around 4 tons. That being said, with hydraulics we do not want to max them out very often, so running 2/3 force is a nice spot for longevity.

So, I would say, if using bottle tech with the pre-press mold and filters, 10-14g, if using a rectangle pre-press mold and filter to try and maximize the plates, I would say closer to 28g however I would highly advise to upgrade the bottle jack to 8 tons. Since we will assume that the surface area of the puck in that insance would be 2x4" for 8 sq/in, to achieve 1800 PSI you would need 7 tons of force (not possible in it's factory configuration).

As far as pressing goes, with the methods I have been using lately with the dabpress equipment, I like to fill the filter with about 5gr of flower using the pre-press mold, then press that out at 200-220F (on the PID) for 1.5-2 mins (longer times for lower temps), depending on my preference for flavor vs yield, as well as consistency. I like to use between 1800-2200 PSI (my setup has a gauge), however you can figure this out w/o a gauge through a couple of efforts.

The pre-press mold and filter that dabpress sells is great to get started and possibly be all you need. If you prefer to press rectangle pucks, you will need to find a pre-press mold for those 2x4" bags, or actually you probably want a 2x4 pre-press mold and some 2x6 bags so you have a flap to fold over the top for easy removal.

Throughout the thread I have posted videos showing many of my pressing efforts, you can see how I fill the filter, and where I position it on my plates (I use 3x7 currently), and just about most of the visual aspects of pressing you may want to know. I hope they help answer some questions.

Last edited:

Bunny

Thanks for the detailed reply @psychonaut. Great news that I could upgrade the press to process an OZ at a time! 10 grams at a time sounds perfect for me right now. Pressing once a week should keep me in Rosin! Thanks for all the detail I know pressing Rosin has many variables but it’s great to have a recommended starting point. I will watch over some more of your videos . Happy pressing everyone.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for the detailed reply @psychonaut. Great news that I could upgrade the press to process an OZ at a time! 10 grams at a time sounds perfect for me right now. Pressing once a week should keep me in Rosin! Thanks for all the detail I know pressing Rosin has many variables but it’s great to have a recommended starting point. I will watch over some more of your videos . Happy pressing everyone.

There are a lot of variables, including getting better yields pressing an ounce via breaking it up into smaller batches. You will see people actually get great yields pressing 0.3-0.5g buds using a hair straighteners. To get great yields with more surface area tonnage is really important. So while 8-tons will press an ounce sure, you also would get better yields pressing it on a 10-12 ton unit. I've pressed everywhere between 1200-2400 PSI and it's a different quality of product, and different yields between them.

Then of course there is pressing hash, which @elmomuzz and @invertedisdead have some experience with. This requires such little pressure you can take a harvest of several pounds of cannabis, turn it into a small amount of hash or sift, then press it gently for rosin galore in just a few runs :o

Also, most importantly, like all other forms of solventless extractions, quality in quality out.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Good Lord...this is soo frickin´ tempting and the only thing holdining me back right now is their 10ton SS Press, well played @dabpress.com :D :D :D

Unfortunately:cry:

We have double check before package. We found serious issue, one of ten sets can not pull back piston of ram. It has a big risk in quality. So we have to add two solid springs inside. It will take about one month.

anasrzi

Cheers man for the info, I'd of thought a 7 gram limit using two pucks will be enough for me personally. As stated before I grow outdoors and anything primo is good to go, anything substandard needs a re think but normally it either goes as it is or gets bubbled away, which again can be pressed if need be.

Thanks to @psychonaut as well for the brief guide to pressing properly for the first time, from what I can gather it's a balance between heat, pressure and time. Less heat, more time more pressure. More heat, less pressure, less time.

How important is using filters? I've seen a good few videos using no filters as the puck (thanks to the pre mould aswell) stays compact due to pressure administered with no loss of oil from the baggie?

Alexis

Cheers man for the info, I'd of thought a 7 gram limit using two pucks will be enough for me personally. As stated before I grow outdoors and anything primo is good to go, anything substandard needs a re think but normally it either goes as it is or gets bubbled away, which again can be pressed if need be.

Thanks to @psychonaut as well for the brief guide to pressing properly for the first time, from what I can gather it's a balance between heat, pressure and time. Less heat, more time more pressure. More heat, less pressure, less time.

How important is using filters? I've seen a good few videos using no filters as the puck (thanks to the pre mould aswell) stays compact due to pressure administered with no loss of oil from the baggie?
Easy fellow UK bro! I Am in the same boat myself. If the next 5 weeks goes well I should have a very nice harvest. Nothing amazing, but with this weather if it continues the quality and potency will be significantly higher than we have had in any previous years and what we have had has been very good for the circumstances and conditions each and every time.

However looking forwards with my serious plans to press my own rosin, a dream brought within reach by the Fabulous work of @dabpress.com , besides make or break nature of harvesting first (could be no weed for time to see...OR, a very nice supply for a while), is the quaklty and potency of the outdoor UK product when it comes to pressing rosin and yields.

As you know @anasrzi last summer was a total wash out in the end we had the Autos sheltered undercover in cold and darkness for weeks on end in later flower. Yet somehow we still got some really good stuff.:hmm: the very best of it I would be confident with but with the outdoor Autos the consistency is quite irregular and much more leafy than the top shelf dense nuggets a lot of people are working with for 20% to 30% returns.

So Im thinking 10-15% at best for us what do you reckon? I'm trying to get a better understanding of it but I'm hoping the premise will hold true that you are not actually losing anything or harvesting less from the Bud when you get a lower return because you are still extracting the usable actives present. In other words it should be possible to get the same level of effects and bang for your buck from pressing your herb whatever your yields.

Providing of course that your technique and moisture levels are optimum. And of course that your weed is decent and potent in a psychoactive sense, which mine certainly is even if it is not packed so densely with the full range of cannabinoids etc

Regardless I know I must venture in this Direction and I am very excited about these models and options offered by Roger. His work has given me such a positive focus and peace of mind. Otherwise currently I would be at a complete loss as to what route to take to get a quality, affordable and practical rosin press setup.

All of that angst and intimidation I was feeling looking into this before has completely gone since coming to this thread, largely also due to the excellent insights and assurances from @psychonaut , (always massively appreciated bro never underestimate how much help you are here too so many :tup:).

Dabpress is the only rosin press I have in my sights now when the time is right and to have this peece of mind that this is all I would need personally and is very viable and affordable without compromise, it's a great feeling and allows me to continue focusing on my health and healing while I make preparations.

So @anasrzi maybe we will end up being fellow UK Dabpress brothers. In which case we will have to help each other out with tips if needs be. Looking forward guys. C'mon weather, 5 more weeks step one complete!:)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Yes they indeed do, i also asked because it sounded to good to be true but
@dabpress.com wrote me via pm :

Free shipping to Europe, uk, canada, austrialia, Amercia.

:D :D :D :D

edit.
I alrdy have a NS mini but that is a joke compared to the dabpress 6t unit from what i can see,
at that price with all freebies inclueded and free shipping (practically WW) rly make it a no-brainer or steal IMO

Would def. buy if there wasnt the even more sexy 10 ton SS unit on its way :D :D

Last edited:

Alexis

Yes they indeed do, i also asked because it sounded to good to be true but
@dabpress.com wrote me via pm

Free shipping to Europe, uk, canada, austrialia, Amercia.

:D :D :D :D
Wow this does sound too good to be true and is genuinely coming within arms reach. Not my usual experience in today's world. Usually when you see a good thing that you really like you will have to part with an arm and a leg to get it and make sacrifices along the way, squeezed for every bit. It certainly takes the sweetness out of the experience of life at times.

That is what is so amazing and appealing about the work Roger is doing here what he is offering us practically in our lives in terms of how much usage and enjoyment we could get for our money....just very nice to see and hopefully become a part of very soon.:)

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Is there free shipping on international order @dabpress.com with the FC freebies included? I only ask because its a fair weight to ship but you do state free postage on orders over $399, might not cover international orders tho?

Yes, this hyraulic rosin press kit offer free shipping to international order. ( West Europe, Austrialia, New Zealand, Mexico , UK, Canada and America). We also offer freebies i promised on FC.

If you found some issue when you check it out. Please contact with me directly.

Alexis

Yes, this hyraulic rosin press kit offer free shipping to international order. ( West Europe, Austrialia, New Zealand, Mexico , UK, Canada and America). We also offer freebies i promised on FC.

If you found some issue when you check it out. Please contact with me directly.
Hold that offer (pretty please:love:) I almost feel like the dog who feels it must devour its dinner in 10 seconds flat because it seems too good to be true, and before someone else takes it or it spontaneously vaporizes haha! (We had a dog like that, honestly she could have competed at the dog Olympics for the world's fastest eater just incredible!)

I wish I had a time machine to roll on harvest and other prep needed to bring this dream closer. I already feel a lot of excitement and it is only a concept so far.

Top Bottom