Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
User replaceable bottle jack is a great feature on the dp-bj6t35! Does the frame have no flex when using 8-ton bottle jack?

I am really loving the dp-hr10t35, this one looks perfect :love:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
User replaceable bottle jack is a great feature on the dp-bj6t35! Does the frame have no flex when using 8-ton bottle jack?

It still has a little bit flexible, but it is within the allowable range.
This unit will serve customers many years if it works under usage with our pids controller.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It still has a little bit flexible, but it is within the allowable range.
This unit will serve customers many years if it works under usage with our pids controller.

Thanks Roger, can you comment on the pricing at this point or will we need to wait for release? Also, can you say what stress tests are done on the units?

I am probably going to pick both up as I have a some friends who could benefit from a small setup, and for my needs the hydraulic pump version will give me what I need for daily use indoors in the rosin room, and I can move my big press to the barn.

Alexis

Okay guys I am very intently looking into getting a suitable press when I can. But this subject is all so bemusing to me I have a great mental difficulty reading about, learning and understanding new things and Im not techincal minded at all. All of the termonology and general details completely overwhelm me.

So I have just been trying to get a better understanding, slowly, and lookong to see what my best options will be.
I really like the sound of the Dabpress models. But I cant get my head around what exactly is required purchase wise, total cost and my big concern is my ability to put it together if it is a DIY build of sorts. I mean I really struggle to cook a bowl of porridge, so I would need a fairly easy assembly from a physical and mental viewpoint.

I have the impression though that from a financial perspective, the Dabpress models will give me pretty much the best press and performance I would need at a very reasonable cost.

No way can I think about the more expensive units.

It is very early yet, I am just trying to form a clearer view and path. I like the look of @dabpress.com 's new models. They look no issue size wise but a large press would not fit in my mum's house with her consent.

So can I just ask a few loose and unimportant Q's please.
Are these new models complete kits? Maybe I need to buy the plates seperately?
And how difficult would assembly be?

I just want a clearer idea of what I would need in total and any potential obstacles so I can see how viable this route might be for me.

Not sure what else to ask right now, pretty murky head today. Thanks very much for any assurance or clarity and have a nice Sunday all over.q:)

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
1, About price, could you please give me several days? I promise all friends here will get a discount or free gift?
2, Test: Line up of plates, frame under 4-10 ton pressure, look what happening over 1,000 times of pressing
etc.
3, Now test passed and both of them is in process.

Both of them will be available soon on our website and bottle jack rosin press will be available on amazon.com asap.

Thank you

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

:cheers:
:party::party::party::party:

Love that mini press Roger @dabpress.com :clap:

Been looking forward to this one for a while!

@Alexis I'm honestly not sure of assembly on these new kits, we'll have to find out how Roger is choosing to ship them, but for my 3x5 caged kit it was basically plug n' play. Plug the enail controller into the wall, turn it on, and set the caged plates on the shop press. On my setup nothing is bolted down, very simple to use and operate.

edit: I see Roger answered your question on assembly, thanks Roger!

I keep my setup stored in the closet lol, and just use a short extension cord to give it power in there. I live in an apartment and this new compact press would be super nice though for space challenged people!

Alexis

@Alexis

Thanks for your question.
Hydraulic ram rosin press kit need pair a hydraulic pump, but hydraulic bottle jack rosin press is all-in-one rosin press. I will post sale price here asap, it will be affordable and durable.
Thank you very much Roger for that information that is music to my ears. It could be dramatically life-changing for me to switch to rosin because I have had the most severe allergies for 13 years due to Lyme disease and I am allergic to flower. I have never tried rosin but I believe it could be the answer for me and help me to significantly improve my condition.

I have been full of angst recently feeling overwhelmed by this subject and worrying that I will have to pay a huge fortune for a top line setup, or take a heavy compromise for one of the cheaper personal presses, with very limited options for that here in the UK.

My dream would be an easy, all in one, affordable, not too large setup to make it easier for me. And quality too! :nod: I have just been hoping to find a clear focus with a vision of turning this new dream into a reality.

Your work here is giving me this focus now with great hope and excitement for the future.
And I can see from your participation in the thread here how much you care about your customers and people in general, and regardless of the quality of your products based on these impressions alone I would feel very happy indeed to do business with yourself, thank you sincerely.:tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis Not much is needed with either of those 2 units.

The bottle jack unit dp-bj6t35 is ready to go with the option to upgrade the bottle jack to more tonnage (8 tons), sweet feature for those looking to improve yields or amount per press, keep you in the same unit longer w/o needing to upgrade.

The hydraulic unit dp-hr10t35 needs a pump (cool thing can get one with a gauge), the pumps are about 60-80$+ , have to verify coupling to the units cylinder. Dabpress will sell their own compatible pump on their site dp-cp390. The cylinder is rated to 10 tons, so no real upgrade path except to 12-20 ton professional style large DIY shop press.

$75 USD - https://bit.ly/2KDawtl

46278_700x700.jpg

Depending on how these units are packaged, these may be useful accessories -

Parchment paper for easy collection (pretty much needed IME)
Dab collecting tools/scrapers (needed, multipurpose)
Pre-press mold for effecient puck making (optional)
Rosin filters (optional)
Glass lip balm style containers for storage (recommended)
55-65% two-way humidipacks (recommended)

EDIT: I ran out of rosin :o so I've been hitting flower, even using a glass bowl and lower temps it's still not as easy on my lungs or throat as rosin. Today is my pressing day to fix this problem :D

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis Not much is needed with either of those 2 units.

The bottle jack unit dp-bj6t35 is ready to go with the option to upgrade the bottle jack to more tonnage (8 tons), sweet feature for those looking to improve yields or amount per press, keep you in the same unit longer w/o needing to upgrade.

The hydraulic unit dp-hr10t35 needs a pump (cool thing can get one with a gauge), the pumps are about 60-80$+ , have to verify coupling to the units cylinder. Dabpress will sell their own compatible pump on their site dp-cp390. The cylinder is rated to 10 tons, so no real upgrade path except to 12-20 ton professional style large DIY shop press.

$75 USD - https://bit.ly/2KDawtl

46278_700x700.jpg

Depending on how these units are packaged, these may be useful accessories -

Parchment paper for easy collection (pretty much needed IME)
Dab collecting tools/scrapers (needed, multipurpose)
Pre-press mold for effecient puck making (optional)
Rosin filters (optional)
Glass lip balm style containers for storage (recommended)
55-65% two-way humidipacks (recommended)

EDIT: I ran out of rosin :o so I've been hitting flower, even using a glass bowl and lower temps it's still not as easy on my lungs or throat as rosin. Today is my pressing day to fix this problem :D
Thanks very much man that is so helpful. I will look into all of this. My mind has been stewing from feeling that the setup I would like is out or reach or cost. You guys have given me the hope I was looking for, much more than that. Call it excitement!

One big hurdle to go first- I need a harvest! All goes well, 6 1/2 weeks I can reallly look forward with action plans. So far is going amazing, TOO well, lucky we have a lot of trees in the garden! My mum is truly a master gardener haha.

Thanks for the info on accessories too. Im so happy to feel that actually, this is not so inaccessible after all, and far from it. Thanks again guys happy pressing.:)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@dabpress.com Roger, between the two upcoming units bottle jack and hydraulic pump units, are they comparable in size? Can they be fit into a case for easy transport?

Also, do you suggest any working surface to place the press onto? For example, the bottle jack press, will it place a lot of pressure downward onto the feet of the frame?

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
@dabpress.com Roger, between the two upcoming units bottle jack and hydraulic pump units, are they comparable in size? Can they be fit into a case for easy transport?

Also, do you suggest any working surface to place the press onto? For example, the bottle jack press, will it place a lot of pressure downward onto the feet of the frame?

The bottle jack press is more heavy and bigger than hyraulic pump units, but all of them is easy to transport.
Yes,bottle jack press have a big pressure downward onto the feet of frame. it will be a little bit flexiable with 6-8 ton, but it can work in good condition.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
To FC friends,

We are sorry to bring a bad news about our hydraulic ram press and can't start to offer in time.
Under our stress test to 200 times, the piston of hyraulic ram don't rebound so we have to intergrate two strong springs on the frame.

Hydraulic bottle jack press work great more than we expected, it will offer in time.

Sorry again.

Have a good day to my friends

Dabpress

@dabpress.com Something else you might consider on the new design are feet that allow it to roll forward and convert to drip tek.

Not sure how to explain it but the front feet are rounded so the unit can roll/tilt forward. I'll try to find a picture of what I mean. I saw another press use that method and it looked pretty neat. And, real real easy to do from a manufacturing standpoint.

EDIT: I can't find that picture anywhere. It was posted here or at ICMag. The front feet were simply rounded so the press would tilt forward. Maybe someone else understands what I mean and can find that picture. I'll keep looking.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
However, they were into large commercial production and drip works a lot better when pressing 4 ounces at a time. LOL

Exactly, that's why I don't see drip tek being that useful for small volume home pressing. It's real value is in the way you can separate your various grades of rosin easier for the large scale processor, but I think most folks at home looking for a gram of rosin at a time won't have much interest in sorting it into multiple grades.

Bunny

@dabpress.com just to clarify you still hope to relase the bottle jack press version of the caged 3x5 plates next week?

Im really excited by your new gear, I was going to get the caged plates on their own,but with the integrated press these are going to be a winner.

Bunny,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
dp-bj6t35 Hydraulic rosin press kit

Cons
2, We recommend 4-8 ton bottle jack to be replaced, bottom cold plate will be bent a lot if pressing by over 10 tons.(I have to consider the weight of package, but it is easy to deliver 1,000psi ideal pressure)

I don't understand this statement. Does this mean that the 6 ton bottle jack will be fine unless you want even more pressure, then you don't want to go bigger than 8 ton because it can cause damage to the frame of the unit?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: psychonaut
Top Bottom