Dabpress Rosin Plates

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
LOL, I am going to see if I can muscle that out!
Don't think I've ever got my gauge over 2500psi.
I feel so strong suddenly :D
You might wanna sit on your pump for maximum pressure, maybe? :D

Much better resolution.
F9-B04-B33-7333-46-EE-9605-DEBCF1-FB5-BA7.png
38612-A4-B-5-F95-471-E-A288-2-F92-F454466-D.jpg
The plug for the old gauge is M12 1.0 pitch threads. You have to taper Teflon tape to seal the plug as they are not pipe threads.
Looks like a good idea!:tup: Where did you get that gauge?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Those who have the separate hand pump setup, I have a question: does it slide or move around on you during operation? Have you ever felt the need to secure it to the work surface? I’d rather not have to because I’m lazy. Plan to get a small SS kitchen worktop like @psychonaut & others have done and just seems like the hand pump might slip and slide while you are pumping it? Or am I worried about nothing? Non-slip pads are cheap after all.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Those who have the separate hand pump setup, I have a question: does it slide or move around on you during operation? Have you ever felt the need to secure it to the work surface? I’d rather not have to because I’m lazy. Plan to get a small SS kitchen worktop like @psychonaut & others have done and just seems like the hand pump might slip and slide while you are pumping it? Or am I worried about nothing? Non-slip pads are cheap after all.
I store it in a cupboard and take it out for a press and then store it away again. I just put a piece of cloth or the silicone mat under the pumps feet so it cannot scratch any surface if it moves a little.
But I never felt the need to secure anything. It probably doesn't even move a bit.

The non slip pads are a great easy idea. Once they are glued to the pump you don't have to think about scratching anymore.

Earlier or later I might setup a little box or cupboard for the press and pump. I would like to be able to keep dust away from the press and and everything that touches the rosin.
Or a little closet with the press, e-nail, vaporizer, etc.
For the moment I just cover the press with a bag before storing away to keep it clean.

edit: @LesPlenty this magnifier is a great little thing my ageing eyes are going to love. It happens so often to me lately that my arms are too short to focus :D I also discovered that the writing in books shrinks over the years. I have some books where the text has shrunk to a size I cannot read it anymore....:D:D

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Just noticed that dabpress.com has replaced the 10% discount (over $299) with a 5% off banner at the top of all pages. On the promotions page, it now says there is a coming deal from 15 Dec - 1 Jan so maybe that will be the 10%-off deal? Adjust your calendar a/o budgets accordingly! Not even going to speculate why, just wanted to let the community know.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Just noticed that dabpress.com has replaced the 10% discount (over $299) with a 5% off banner at the top of all pages. On the promotions page, it now says there is a coming deal from 15 Dec - 1 Jan so maybe that will be the 10%-off deal? Adjust your calendar a/o budgets accordingly! Not even going to speculate why, just wanted to let the community know.
Oh, it is going to be tricky to get the best deal. :D
Should I already order or should I wait for the xmas deal...??
I'll get a couple bags and accessories probably.

Is anybody using the dabpress hybrid e-nail? Would you get it again? While I see a little thing or two that could be a flaw, it looks very decent for the price. And I could also later use it for a banger/coil setup (possibly 710coils) too, or a D-cup, d-nail halo or something.
I think I might get one, just so I need to carry around my current one less. And as backup or vice versa.
:hmm::rofl::hmm:

Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is anybody using the dabpress hybrid e-nail?
I hate the tiny little buttons for setting the temps (same as the press) I love the rotary dial for temp changes like the Auber RDK200 and 300 have.:2c:
But if you are starting out the all in one shop is handy.:myday:

Just make sure to get extra rosin bags as the shipping for just 1 bag is more than the item (US$24 postage for 3x packs of bags)
I have asked @psychonaut to look into the postage pricing. An option of free slow boat from China (3 to 4 weeks) would be great for replenishing consumables.:tup:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
@LesPlenty I feel the same about the little buttons. But it functions fine once the temp is set i think. I also still have @JCat 's controller in my mind somewhere. But I am already strongly over-stretching my budget.
For now, I just hope to put an order together with the enail and bags, that qualifies for free shipping. I also might give the enail away or sell it to someone later.

I like the idea of a slow cheap/free shipping option from China for bags and small items, consumables.

Edit: Does the dabpress controller have an "autotune" function, so it maybe could be dialled in for different setups/coils? :D

Last edited:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
No, it was brought up earlier, the press PID has too much power for aa enail.
:tup:. I was aware that plate controllers and enail controllers were not exchangeable, because of calibration or wattage. I was hoping to adapt for smaller changes like a barrel coil and a flat coil or a different nail or so. But it would be small changes anyway, so it is just me trying to play around and maybe squeeze out a second at the heatup or a little more stable temperature with a certain setup or something.
I'd love to dive a bit in that PID manual if it was available somewhere.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
My plates always clean up to look like new after any 'bleeding' onto the plates, I just use an Iso wipe once the plates have cooled enough. I have never blown enough through to warrant trying to collect it.:2c:
I had some paper ripping and the rosin running on the bare plates.
It was easy to wipe clean with some parchment paper and collect later. Just let the plates cool a little or take a cloth under the parchment to protect your fingers from the heat.

I do not know about non stick treated plates, but I think especially if you do multiple runs one after the other, you can easily do it with the dabpress driptech technique and wipe clean with a silicone spatula and like just described.

lookhigh

FC member
Multiple runs without paper driptec is what i meant to say.
Not sure how well it would work if there is no nonstick coating?

lookhigh,
Reactions: Sick Vape

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Did a 50g (2x25g puck) press today, pre-pressed in the 40mm bottle tech puck in my 1-ton vice,
img_20191218_211742-jpg.15272

Fit easily (3mm spare), could have done 2x28g,

img_20191218_212218-jpg.15273

71C (160f) 2000psi(gauge) for 4 min then 4000psi for another 2 min for 3.7g,

img_20191218_213309-jpg.15274

Houston, we had a blow-out:o,

img_20191218_213840-jpg.15277

Collecting in this heat makes things slicky and tricky,

img_20191218_214346-jpg.15276

A quick dip in the IH and the rosin wipes off the tool easily:myday:,

img_20191218_214403-jpg.15278

Wipes off easily,

img_20191218_214442-jpg.15279

I repressed each puck again separately at 95c (203f) for a further 1.4 g
So total was 5.1g from 50g...I am going back to single 10g loads as it easier and seems to get better/easier results.
Still came out nice for the shitty winter buds from last year :tup:,

img_20191218_232953-jpg.15280

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@Psycho~ I know DP is constantly pushing out new products. How about some better looking and more user friendly magnets?

The Dulytek's are a nice upgrade and super easy to grab or pull off, but I was thinking you all could do something more creative and brand it with DP.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'm assuming that the magnets will get hot, used on the side of the plate, but I don't actually know. But I bet a few rosineeers here, like the one above:D ^, know for a fact what gets hot where. Educate me! Please! This is actually something I have wondered before and forget about before asking somebody, I don't think it's been talked about before? I didn't know that dabpress included any magnets and preemptively scooped some and now I wonder if they'll be suitable...:disgust: FML.

The kind that DulyTek includes are called Skittles (they look like an indoor bowling pin) magnets in England, and a little set of them in your choice of the rainbow aren't very much on Amazon/Ebay. Not sure what they're called anywhere else. Like those @LesPlenty ! :tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Our magnets are actually integrated onto the frame, so you only need a piece of metal to place against the internal magnet to pin your parchment. The extra magnets we send along with select presses are to replace your magnets if needed, though I see people using them. They are a real bugger to get off.

I'll see if Roger can look for some alternatives, perhaps a metal piece that can be stuck to our magnets that is easier to remove.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The only time I had trouble with the standard magnet was when I measured the jaw opening with my vernier calipers and spent 10 minutes looking for said magnet only to give up and resort to one of the spares...until I went to measure something else a week later and found the original magnet safely packed away in my vernier box stuck to the verniers.:disgust:
Hopefully my bright and cheerful jobs above will not get lost as easily.:tup:

Top Bottom