Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Are you using your pump and gauge? Can you show us where on the gauge you believe 1000psi is(gauge pressure not at the material) anything under 2500 gauge reading is confusing on the gauge that comes with the pump.

Also, What is needed to replace that gauge with one that only goes to 5k? Don’t care if it’s rated for 10 or 12 tons as I will never go over 3500, probably much less. I took mine off and it looks like finer metric threads and not npt.

The gauge is a M16 threading which is not a standard threading for any gauges that I've found. So we consider this a proprietary gauge for the pump. A secondary gauge can be installed between the hose and the hand pump if you want a gauge with finer resolution. Our gauge included in our gauge kit dp-gk1 goes up to 10000 PSI and has a much better resolution. There are a lot of gauge options out there based on resolution, threading and accuracy. Our gauge kit offers 1/4" NPT female threading for the gauge port in the t-manifold.

Here's the integrated gauge on our dp-cp590g, the 1000 PSI mark would be just below the 2nd red line which is half way from 0-2500 PSI.

Here's the 10000 PSI gauge included in our gauge kit, the resolution starts at 400 PSI and graduated every 200 PSI.

There are also digital gauges out there if you wanna be a baller.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That is at the gauge of the standard dabpress pump?

Yes, gauge pressure.:tup:

When you press at the recommended 1000 psi at the bagged flower, does it stain your parchment, seep a little into it?

I get a seeping stain on my cheapo parchment paper left behind after pressing.
This stuff was taken to 2750psi on my gauge (40mm, 12g puck, 107C, 5 mins total, 1 min max pressure),

img_20191121_211002-jpg.14801

Same buds and temp but only 2500psi, then I repressed the puck to 3000psi (no blowout) and what I got extra was that is the small dark blob at the bottom of the puck, the nasties @psychonaut mentioned,

img_20191118_154252-jpg.14722

started@52

The gauge is a M16 threading which is not a standard threading for any gauges that I've found. So we consider this a proprietary gauge for the pump. A secondary gauge can be installed between the hose and the hand pump if you want a gauge with finer resolution. Our gauge included in our gauge kit dp-gk1 goes up to 10000 PSI and has a much better resolution. There are a lot of gauge options out there based on resolution, threading and accuracy. Our gauge kit offers 1/4" NPT female threading for the gauge port in the t-manifold.

Here's the integrated gauge on our dp-cp590g, the 1000 PSI mark would be just below the 2nd red line which is half way from 0-2500 PSI.

Here's the 10000 PSI gauge included in our gauge kit, the resolution starts at 400 PSI and graduated every 200 PSI.

Will this kit fit between your hand pump and hose with the supplied parts?

started@52,

Dsmile

I'm using the rectangular pre press which I'm still not convinced is the right size for the recommended bags as there's a lot of gap between the pressed material and the seam of the bag since the bags are wider than the mould

Dsmile,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm using the rectangular pre press which I'm still not convinced is the right size for the recommended bags as there's a lot of gap between the pressed material and the seam of the bag since the bags are wider than the mould

What brand bags are you using?

psychonaut,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@psychonaut, @dabpress.com

What's about items which are currently not in stock in EU warehouse? I want to make a bigger order now but some items are only available in China and/other Warehouses atm. I've no problem to wait for them until they are in stock again in the EU warehouse . But how to order if I want to order all items now? Ordering from warehouses where they are available with the note I all only want from the EU warehouse when available ?

Hogni,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

What's about items which are currently not in stock in EU warehouse? I want to make a bigger order now but some items are only available in China and/other Warehouses atm. I've no problem to wait for them until they are in stock again in the EU warehouse . But how to order if I want to order all items now? Ordering from warehouses where they are available with the note I all only want from the EU warehouse when available ?

If you choose most of your items from EU warehouse and then remaining items from China, they will all arrive within a few days from each other. Depending on your gov't you will be responsible for import fees so please choose as many as you can from EU. Not all of our products will be stocked in each warehouse until they become more popular, so we ship them out from the Factory only.

If there is a specific product not located in the EU I can check when it may be stocked.

Dsmile

I ordered a prepress and bags for about 50usd from China. Paid about 24euro in import duty, wasn't exactly pleased but is what it is. I want a circular prepress to try but if they don't have in EU I will buy off brand

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I ordered a prepress and bags for about 50usd from China. Paid about 24euro in import duty, wasn't exactly pleased but is what it is. I want a circular prepress to try but if they don't have in EU I will buy off brand

Have you considered using a PVC pipe and a wooden dowel? I'd hate for you to have to pay more import fees, but that is what it is like you say when importing products.

Here is the dimensions of our cylinder mold for your reference if you wanna make your own -

bluflowers

Hi all,

New owner of a 4-ton Dabpress.
Here's some info:
1) Ordered Wed morning received Friday evening. That was fast!
2) Small but heavy. Some easy assembly required.
3) First press ever: 3.5g flower (160 um bag, pre-press in cylinder that i got for free). temp: 190 for 3min. Yield: 23.4%!
4) Seems durable, but It's only been 2 days!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks for your reply. I'm not eager to have the hassle with customs, declaration, fees, and taxes. I just hope the missing items would regularly be in stock at EU warehouse. Otherwise, would it be possible to put the items in the next EU container? @psychonaut, I'll contact you via pm regarding the missing items.

dron19

Hi all,

New owner of a 4-ton Dabpress.
Here's some info:
1) Ordered Wed morning received Friday evening. That was fast!
2) Small but heavy. Some easy assembly required.
3) First press ever: 3.5g flower (160 um bag, pre-press in cylinder that i got for free). temp: 190 for 3min. Yield: 23.4%!
4) Seems durable, but It's only been 2 days!
Great result especially for a first time presser... love my dabpress

MegaMan2k

Who is giving out free cylinders for pucks lol!

I need one!

Police confiscated my pre-press but not my press, makes no sense!

Court fees and fines is putting me back servel 1000€ and christmas is right around the cornor, so cmon now with the free cylinders!! :D

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
@Sick Vape

Here is ~1200 PSI at the material. IME this is really the far edge of where we want to be, any more pressure and I'm just pressing out chlorophyll and other undesireables as indicated by the darker oil being extracted once those levels of pressure are reached.

The PSI measurement on the gauge is only measuring the pressure in the hydraulic system, it has no way of knowing what tonnage cylinder we are using or how large of pucks we are pressing. That's why we have to be math wizards to figure this out lol

The cylinder effective area (each cylinder has it's own #) is what converts the pressure in the hydraulic system (i.e. pressure registering on the gauge) to actual total pressure delivered. For the 10-ton press the cylinder effective area is 2.25, for thet 12-ton press it's 2.75. Pressure on gauge x cylinder effective area = total pressure being delivered.

For this reason, it's why the same 10000 PSI hand pump works with 5, 10, 15 or 20 ton cylinders.

With more effective area inside of the cylinder, we are able to deliver more force, and this is where we need to be scientists to understand all of that :lmao:

BTW this is some of my own The Church by greenhouse seeds, pressed with ~1200 PSI at the material at 200F for 2 mins. RH of the flower was 60% in the jar and the room was mid 50's. Flower was jarred a little over 6 weeks ago. 19.5% yield off misc smalls, I expect the tops will be yielding a couple % more!

Thanks alot for your explanations and the picture. It is very helpful. I think I now know about where I am compared to other rosineers and my pump gauge measures about the same as yours.
Maybe I am pushing all this too far. But I so love that with this setup hr10t35v I can go by feel or by science, or both.
And I have to say, you are doing a fantastic job with your explanations @psychonaut ! Everything is so transparent. Thank you.

Are you using your pump and gauge? Can you show us where on the gauge you believe 1000psi is(gauge pressure not at the material) anything under 2500 gauge reading is confusing on the gauge that comes with the pump.

Also, What is needed to replace that gauge with one that only goes to 5k? Don’t care if it’s rated for 10 or 12 tons as I will never go over 3500, probably much less. I took mine off and it looks like finer metric threads and not npt.
That is a good question. I cannot make a picture of my pump, right now, but the gauge looks very similar to the integrated gauge on the dp-cp590g:

I was thinking between two long red lines are 2500 psi. Between 2 short ones 500 psi.
So for 2000 psi I was aiming for the last red line before the 2500 psi mark.
For 1000 psi I was aiming for the first red line on the scale. According to @psychonaut this was not absolutely correct. He aims for around the 10 MPa mark or just under the second red line on the psi scale, If I got that right. In my former presses I anyway went higher with the pressure (due to puck size or me wanting to squeeze out every last bit), so I think it did not matter that much where exactly these 1000 psi were, up to now.

I see now that the quality definitely increases with lower pressure:

Yes, gauge pressure.:tup:

I get a seeping stain on my cheapo parchment paper left behind after pressing.
This stuff was taken to 2750psi on my gauge (40mm, 12g puck, 107C, 5 mins total, 1 min max pressure),

img_20191121_211002-jpg.14801

Same buds and temp but only 2500psi, then I repressed the puck to 3000psi (no blowout) and what I got extra was that is the small dark blob at the bottom of the puck, the nasties @psychonaut mentioned,

img_20191118_154252-jpg.14722
exactly what you demonstrate here.
I agree the quality is way lower on the last drops.
For comparisons sake I did a small open blast BHO of some trim and thin lower buds.
The butane was "zero impurities" from the grow shop. After thorough evaporation of the solvent the BHO smelled pretty nice/terpy. Nicer than the last drops of rosin.
Then dabbing: the "last drop" rosin tastes somehow, not really terpy but not really bad either.
Then the BHO. I almost puked in comparison. It tasted/smelled exactly like when you inhale the air out of an inflatable mattress.lol don't ask me how I know :D.
So for me the verdict is clear, rosin wins against open blast BHO taste wise anytime!
I never really liked BHO extracts (or any solvent extract). Might be different in a legal country.

@LesPlenty107°C is pretty hot. Did you get a bit of a caramel taste with that temperature? I did not go over 95°C with my °C unit for now.
BTW on one of your photos in the background, you had a great comparison scale °C/°F. Where did you find that one? I did not like those I found, that much.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
107°C is pretty hot.
Yes, hot, taste was great but a PITA to collect and handle.
This press I dropped the pressure(2000psi at gauge) and temps(85c) with a total of 5 minutes from when the 12g puck was placed between the preheated plates.
The first 2.5 minutes is slowly pumping but not registering on the gauge to get the whole puck evenly heated. Now I tilt for dripteck and slowly ad pressure until I hit 2000psi (gauge) and just keep pumping to keep the gauge at 2000psi until I hit 5 minutes (the rosin had stopped flowing at that time)
The same crappy buds as last time but this was much easier to collect and handle,
img_20191125_192650-jpg.14888

Tastes good and very nice and clean, 2 dabs before a swab which is better than usual, I must not have pressed as many impurities out.
I did not even bother removing the larger stems and still recovered 1.48g and did not bother to repress higher as I thought the puck can just add to the butter/oil potency later. (I thought it would just be hard to collect oily stuff anyway):myday:
I will see if I can find the document for the temperature chart and will add it soon.:tup:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I took a couple of test dabs then was reminded of the painting so I twisted in a mouth to finish..testing:tup:

Here you go @Sick Vape , I butterfly I created to cheer things up,
img_20191119_154009-jpg.14743
:lol: You are an artist indeed.
This definitely cheers me up :tup:
It is going to be the next generation of rosin Rorschach test's.
Specially conceived for stoners and rosineers. :D

Edit:
P.S.
Police confiscated my pre-press but not my press, makes no sense!
:D
Luckily their choice is much cheaper than the other way round.
Pre press illegal? Do they believe it is a pollen press or hash press?

Last edited:
Top Bottom