Da Buddha

Vitolo

Vaporist
hereatlast said:
Vitolo said:
I don't care to hear about Iso being bad, and "attacking" the tubing... I do not care.. and have already posted a dozen posts proving that SSV/DBV tubing is the best, and that Iso can not harm it!

Vitolo, you may not care to hear about ISO being bad...
Read my post! I already forewarned readers that the "health conscious" among us would have plenty to say about this....
and as I clearly pointed out...
Vitolo said:
I don't care.....
Fingers... teeth... chopsticks.. all discolor.
Stain means discoloration, and If one worries about what danger lurks in the secret heart of a stain.... they better start worrying about what disease the guy that manicured your bud sneezed onto it!

hereatlast said:
....please do not tell others
and... please do not tell me or others what "not to tell others"
Finally anyone can do their own research, and try all tubing.
If anyone doubts the purity, and safety/longevity of SSV tubing.. They are free to buy from the many other manufacturers..
I have bought from them all.
Here at my home the patients that come through have gone through well over 300 feet of tubing since January, and we have used every grade of medical and food tubing.
IN MY OPINION, the only other tube that can compare is US Plastics Tygon.
Having used these tools as they developed and became made available for well over 40 years, one develops preferences.
I think that if anyone out there doubts that SSV tubing is as superior as I claim, they should definitely go and do research.
If you find anything better and safer, I am sure 7th Floor and all of us would love to have some of it!

User review forum = user reports

And... heratlast... I also apologize if my response seems defensive.. It has been a long day here in my area, and this Old man became momentarily tired of people telling him what NOT to say! Perhaps in the future you will consider, posting your opinion, without directing it to an individual, or lecturing them about theirs.

Vitolo,

hereatlast

Vitolo said:
Read my post! I already forewarned readers that the "health conscious" among us would have plenty to say about this....
Where? I can't find a single instance of you using that phrase on this forum (search results here). Maybe the search feature is faulty or maybe you used another terminology? Either way, it is NOT in that post.

Vitolo said:
Fingers... teeth... chopsticks.. all discolor.
Stain means discoloration, and If one worries about what danger lurks in the secret heart of a stain.... they better start worrying about what disease the guy that manicured your bud sneezed onto it!
So, correct me if I'm wrong, in response to my worry about "discoloration, fogging and/or drying" you seem to put forth that "stains" (a word I never used in the first place in my post) are in many places and thus not worrisome?
BTW, yes, I think you present a legitimate concern regarding "what disease the guy that manicured your bud sneezed onto it!" But just to be clear, you've responded by saying in some form or another, if you're worried about stains here, you better be worried about other things (not even necessarily stains) as well? You've employed the logical powers of the red herring well my friend!

Vitolo said:
and... please do not tell me or others what "not to tell others"
Fair enough, but one of the forum rules follows: "Do not state opinion as fact. We don't want to spread bad information." So perhaps I'll refine my request, please do not state opinion as fact as you did with this phrase:
Vitolo said:
*I* have already posted a dozen posts proving that SSV/DBV tubing is the best
(Generally I would have added the "I" within brackets for grammatical correctness but it appears as "*I*" because you can't put [ I ] within the quote blocks.)

BTW, I think you were being partly ironic in asking me to do something I asked you not to do? :p

You seem to have responded to my request for an objective reason why SSV/DBV tubing is the best with the following:
Vitolo said:
If anyone doubts the purity, and safety/longevity of SSV tubing.. They are free to buy from the many other manufacturers..
Hell, I don't even doubt that SSV/DBV tubing is good stuff (yes, I've used it). Simply, how is it the best?

Vitolo said:
IN MY OPINION, the only other tube that can compare is US Plastics Tygon.
Thanks for qualifying that with the "in my opinion." I use the US Plastics Tygon 3350 sometimes myself. Good stuff.

Vitolo said:
one develops preferences.
Precisely! You prefer SSV/DBV tubing. I'm still waiting to hear how you "proved" it was the "best."

Vitolo said:
I think that if anyone out there doubts that SSV tubing is as superior as I claim, they should definitely go and do research. If you find anything better and safer, I am sure 7th Floor and all of us would love to have some of it!
I think you've employed an interesting epistemological tactic here: instead of proving the proof of your own statement you're tasking others with proving you wrong! Where does that leave the original claim? I'll leave it at that.

Vitolo said:
User review forum = user reports
This being a user review forum shouldn't allow users to cop out on facts (I'm not suggesting you've done this) and rely instead on anecdotal evidence. Misinformed posters run rampant on this site and others, I'm pretty sure that's why rules like the one I posted above exist. My point is this: this site is about facts as much as user reports, if FC didn't rely on factual information (which it does in part) it wouldn't serve as the resource it does now.

Vitolo said:
And... heratlast... I also apologize if my response seems defensive
No problem, I played offense with my last post. You could at least spell my username right though :lol: :cool:

hereatlast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hope you feel better now that you vented! :cool:

Now back on topic,
When cluffy told us how much fun he was having with the miniwand, I went ahead and ordered it to test.
DSC00461.jpg

It worked so well with the SSV and the DBV, that I decided to call 7th Floor.
Heck The Home of DBV & SSV has there own glass blowers.
I figured that it could not hurt to ask.
I find my standard SSV hand held wand is as efficient as my log vapes, NO2 or my smallest portables...
It just depends how much you use.
The temptation is there in a larger wand to add more, as the small portions look so diminutive in the chamber.
The guys at 7th Floor were not at all opposed to the idea of a smaller wand, whose purpose would be to help users better moderate "vape portions"
It sounds exciting.
There have been no promises yet, but I am hopeful!

Vitolo,

High Sigh

SG addict
Vitolo said:
I use 91% Iso in the tubing, and in the glass.
I don't care to hear about Iso being bad, and "attacking" the tubing... I do not care.. and have already posted a dozen posts proving that SSV/DBV tubing is the best, and that Iso can not harm it!
I have found that ISO does indeed harm my DBV tubing, but that was from soaking it. The length that was in the ISO is hard, shrunken, and cracks when i bend it. It also ruined the reclaim oil i had been saving up for months...

High Sigh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree, that soaking soft materials in Iso is not a smart Idea.
The length of Iso rinse you see in Iso wash for tube has been done daily for 23 months on that exact piece of tubing in the video.
People use this whip and tell me that it smells clean and new.
A number of you here have used it!

Vitolo,

hereatlast

Vitolo said:
Hope you feel better now that you vented!

I'll leave it at that if you're unwilling to respond, but it was indeed on topic and not simply a "vent;" if you saw it as simply a vent then it may have been pointless on my end. I hope you choose to respond to some of the above points and shed some insight where possible (e.g. regarding your posts). Hope all is well.

hereatlast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
hereatlast is 100% correct.
My findings that 7th Floor Tubing being the best may not be the same findings for others that have tested.
I do my testing here at my own home, two group homes and at one hospice. A very small sampling on the scheme of things.
At my home, I serve only 2-3 SSV/DBV owners needs a week.. a total of maybe 2 dozen SSV/DBV owners.
24 other owners are also very few among all of us!
My criteria is also very imperfect. I bought only Food and Medical grade tubing from the few manufacturers I found that carried it. Poor research, I am sure there are lots more.
I also accepted 7th Floor's literature at its word when it discussed the tubings standards in relation to industry standards.
All of that being said, if the tubing has the same food/beverage grade specs why would I say it is better?
Because the tubing was manufactured especially for 7th Floor LLC.
After many years vaping and helping patients learn to vape, and all the time put in repairing vapes as a community service, I have grown to trust the validity of 7th Floor specs.
They used the same food beverage grade tubing but had it manufactured to be more supple and with a higher tolerance to heat. When this was initially done, it was publicized, that due to the chemical processes in achieving this special formula of tubing they had to commit themselves to an order of enough tubing to circle the earth 9 times!
You all have the same access to all of the same pieces of tubing that I have and you all can take a piece of each and subject them all to the tortures I have... leave them soak in alcohol.
I surely do not need to post tubing experiment photos here when there are so few hours in the day, and so many facets of vape use to explore.
I apologize to hereatlast and all of you if I seemed unresponsive.
Every word I post is my opinion.
Go on... ask me what tubing is best.
By asking me you are asking my opinion, and I will give it.
SSV/DBV tubing is the best.
Someone else may give a different answer. (and it will be up to you to decide in the end!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitolo,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Vito, when you say that your ssv can handle the smallest pinches, similar to a log vape, do you have a rough weight figure for "a small pinch"?

IMO, the ssv isn't perfect for loads under 0.1g, that's when I use either my RZ (about 0.06 per stem) or ber dome screened solo (about 0.08g per stem)
I usually pack 0.1 - 0.2g per ssv wand, but I get quite a few nice big hits out of it, I've done a few experiments with smaller amounts,
I found 0.05g to give relatively thin vapor, only 1 real hit (I gave it about 4 hits to see if the herb needed to heat up a bit, but I didn't really get much after that)
I also tried 0.025g, and got almost no visible vapor, but given the amount of herb 0.025g actually is, I wasn't surprised...
IMO, 0.1 - 0.2g is the optimal packing range with the ssv.

(my small volume tests were with the hand held heater cover, but I usually pack the same 0.1 - 0.2g for the hand held and ground glass connections. Also, I only did these low volume tests once, wasn't happy with them, and never tried again - maybe in doing something wrong with the smaller loads?)

Also, has anyone else noticed the new ground glass wands on the ssv site?
They now have a little lip to help hold the screen in place (kinda similar to the extreme q cyclone bowl).
I have one, and it's quite a bit easier to get a screen in place now IMO.

Edit:
Regarding tubing, I'm by no means an expert, but I'm very happy with the ssv tubing I have. (3 clear lengths from whip kits, and 20ft of black I got with some other stuff from 7th floor.)
I only have experience with ssv tubing and the stock tubing that comes with the extreme q.
7th floor tubing is much more flexible, and easier to work with (unless I just have some dodgey extreme q tubing?)

Edit 2:
Whoops, I thought I was in the ssv thread.
The ssv must have gotten me a bit too vaked :)

Frederick McGuire,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.. I do personally do tiny log vape portions in the SSV....
and yes, you are correct they can give thinner appearing vapor, but I still feel affected.. it helps if I inhale more slowly and aim the wand around....
Tiniest possible hits is EXACTLY why I brought up the mini wand that folks are using (me too.. I am playing with it!).
In my SSV wand I usually don't ever vape smaller than .05.. but have done it often.
Above I posted that mini wand at miniwand post, because it can handle .01!
I then contacted 7th Flooor to find out if they would consider making this piece for those of us that wish to do tinier hits.
Frederick, even though I can do teeny hits with the SSV, as you point out.. it leaves you frustrated, for lack of thicker vapor... so we tend at last moment to blow off that next ".025 hit"... and go for a ".1"... or even a ".4"!

Vitolo,

AMTA

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Buddha returned safely back home. After a couple of test runs to find the new "sweet spot", I can say that it is in great shape. The dial feels better than it ever did. I have to thank Chris and company for treating me well and getting the unit back in a timely manner.

N8LWY.jpg

AMTA,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Frederick and the others:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=112032#p112032
Weight comparison and MOD description of the diferent options to increase significantly the "efficienc" of your DBV/SSV were done a few months ago.
I own 5 mini whips (before they were out of stock), many arizer dome screens, and a few wands (fatty, normal, etc...) and still switch from a method to another depending on situations! ;)
BTW a very important factor of effectiveness frecuently forgotten by 7th floor users is the length between the lips of the wand and the screen position! There can be a big difference as they are hand blown and that creates significant temp differences from a wand to another! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
Frederick McGuire said:
IMO, the ssv isn't perfect for loads under 0.1g, that's when I use either my RZ (about 0.06 per stem) or ber dome screened solo (about 0.08g per stem)
I usually pack 0.1 - 0.2g per ssv wand, but I get quite a few nice big hits out of it, I've done a few experiments with smaller amounts,
I found 0.05g to give relatively thin vapor, only 1 real hit (I gave it about 4 hits to see if the herb needed to heat up a bit, but I didn't really get much after that)
I also tried 0.025g, and got almost no visible vapor, but given the amount of herb 0.025g actually is, I wasn't surprised...
IMO, 0.1 - 0.2g is the optimal packing range with the ssv.
A full sized whip vape like the SSV, DBV, Vapor Bros. etc, is far from ideal with log vape sized loads, but yes, you can load .02g and effectively vape it. In the same way, I can hit my MFLB and get a hit I can't feel in my lungs or see any vapor exhale, yet the effects are there. So tiny hits from big vapes can be done, but if you want to use small amounts on a regular basis, I wouldn't use an SSV/DBV for that.

max,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How long do you guys keep your whip when running to a water pipe? Shorter I assume should be easier to clean. After scrubbing and soaking I dont like leaving fluid in the hose cause it starts the potential for mold. I appreciate any feedback. Especially from Vito cause I know he cleans his hoses all the time. :peace:

mvapes,

cluffy

Vaker
Watch Vito's videos, see the awesome shop vac maneuver, no more fluid in the hose. Too vaked to search for video now... :ko:

cluffy,
yea through water is your best bet. I use probably around 3ft of tubing maybe longer lol. I rarely use it through a bong because I actually have to turn the heat down lol to compensate for the less air flow as I can't suck that quickly through the bong.

VapeNStone,
lejohanse said:
Hi
Can you use Da Buddha with hash instead of weed? :)

I have tried to search
I have found you need just a bit of green in there for the hash to stick to. Otherwise it might be a problem. I haven't actually tried it with just hash though? I usually just break little balls off of the big ball and place them around the top of my greens and then I hit it and then stir it all together.

jayweb91

so I'm on my 2nd wand. Im tired of paying 15-20$ a wand, so is there any way (besides a mousepad) to keep the wand from falling out. Im thinking of tying a shoe lace to the bowl. dose anyone have a good system of rigging the bowl so it dosent fall out (or atlast hitting the ground) Ive owned my dbv for a year now and still have not figured this out.

jayweb91,
Top Bottom