Da Buddha

cluffy

Vaker
OK, I've been lax on my review of the Saturn, but I will say it's definitely worth the $10 more than the Fatty. I'm not sure if it's THAT much cooler temperature wise, but the vapor path is much bigger and it stays cooler longer. The draw is nearly the same as 7th floor tubing. The outer diameter of the Fatty is 1.28" while the Saturn is a whopping 1.975". Wish I had an original to compare, but I'm not even gonna bother with it. I've said it before, but I've never had a hit as cool as one from a Vapor Tamer, and I've used all kinds of ice bongs. I'll try and get a video made tomorrow, I'm just getting over the flu... :-(

CHEERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
cluffy,

gulchbud

I have no experience with the SSV but I can tell you that Da Buddah is awsome.
You'll love it.

gulchbud,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I also.... answered at your other link given, to avoid cross posting.
IMO..........
Any vape that arrives at your door,
is A1 if it comes from 7th Floor,
Heating element rock solid at core,
DBV/SSV/LSV, need I say more?

AMTA

It's been a fun time with my mini wand, but due to financial difficulties I have to wait on the SSV HC. Unrelated to that, my Buddha broke today. I came back from dinner after having the unit off for a while, and tried to turn it on. No light, no heat. Then I noticed the knob wasn't clicking on/off. The knob only goes to about the two o'clock position before locking up. I also heard a loud POP in the process of investigating the knob issue.

I have sent an email to 7th floor to see what they have to say. I never "registered" my vape with them, but I may have proof of my purchase through the site I bought it from. I made a video with the mini whip, but it's hard to get vapor to show up on camera.

http://youtu.be/XsCgAvXfgpI

There it is. I was looking forward to a night time vape session, and now I can't. Going back to smoking is going to be hard. With the Buddha still under warranty (it's been just over a year since I got it), any idea on how much repairs cost? Should I clean the heater cover before I send it in?

AMTA,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Once your DBV is no longer under warranty, 7th Floor charges $25 for any repair... even if (this is famous!) a tank runs over it!
If you are smooth putting the HC on and off... then might as well clean it!
Thanks for sharing the vid! ;)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
AMTA, I loved your video, and you got clouds whether you believe them or not! :-P I'm sorry your DBV has fallen, but I would imagine it would be fine to send it back without the HC. SSV Chris is one of the most reasonable people I've ever dealt with... (though that's not saying much... :-P )
"Everything happens for a reason..." ~ quote not acknowledged....

cluffy,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
AMTA said:
..... tried to turn it on. No light, no heat. Then I noticed the knob wasn't clicking on/off. The knob only goes to about the two o'clock position before locking up. I also heard a loud POP in the process of investigating the knob issue. ...
I had the same thing with my ssv dial the pop was when I turned it on (I actually had a look inside and this little board/chip thing inside had blown apart). It was repaired under warranty. It's clearly one of the few weak points on the vape. Mines actually mostly ends up on 24/7 nowadays, but ever since the dial broke the first time I've used the wall switch to turn the unit on and off and just use the dial for temp control (hardly ever changes).

WatTyler,

AMTA

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it all turns out. The hardest part will be waiting for my precious to return. :cool:

AMTA,

livegreen

AMTA said:
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it all turns out. The hardest part will be waiting for my precious to return. :cool:

I know what you mean, I sent mine in on Saturday. The mflb and vaporgenie are handy, but I am anxious to have a working buddha again.

livegreen,

Vapor Partisan

Hey everybody, you probably don't remember me but I made a logorrheic post around four weeks ago about some problems I was having with my DBV, specifically with an unstable heating element/HC. It turned out that I wasn't able to find a reliable solution on my own, so I sent the unit in to 7th Floor.

I've had it back for a week. The vape is working without a hitch and I'm even getting some of the biggest hits I ever have off of it, thanks to the Vapor Tamer I ordered in the same box. I'd already written off as impossible that my vape would ever be as good as it was out of the box again, sometimes it's good to be wrong. My one big regret in all this is that I didn't swallow my pride and get in touch with 7th Floor the first day I ran into problems.

I just wanted to post that to give the issue I raised here earlier some closure. Happy medicating, and I hope any of you having trouble with your unit have it back in working condition soon.

Vapor Partisan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vapor Partisan said:
I just wanted to post that to give the issue I raised here earlier some closure.......
Glad you are getting medicated.
I remember you, I am happy it worked out so well. I Never had any doubt that it would! ;)

Vitolo,
I would suggest just sending it in to 7th floor. They will fix any da buddha vape for $25 even if it has been run over by a tank!!!! How long ago did you get it?

VapeNStone,
Now that I spent half an hour getting my password fixed rofl, was just wondering if you guys take the wand out in between hits?

thatoneguyaz,

sunsett70

i do but some of my 'lazier' freinds don't. me thinks it doesn't really seem to affect the herb too much, but psychologicaly, at least for me, i'm more comfortable with removing. to each his own!

sunsett70,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I got my 14mm W/A for my Buddha and I must say I am in love...ran it through my glass 16" bong, 8 arm tree percalator, downsten diffuser and with ice - so smooth it was insane!

2011-10-20_20-05-52_324.jpg

I need some tips on cleaning whips, I cant seem to get my tubes clean enough. Always way too sticky! Vito, I know you have posted tips but I missed the thread. Cluff, I very much appreciate your review on the saturn...ive officially ordered it as I trust your word.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use 91% Iso in the tubing, and in the glass.
I don't care to hear about Iso being bad, and "attacking" the tubing... I do not care.. and have already posted a dozen posts proving that SSV/DBV tubing is the best, and that Iso can not harm it!
One shake of Iso.
I follow with very warm water with dish soap.....
followed by clear cool water.
Dry outside... shop vac the inside. and you are clean.
This tube you seee here is 2 years in daily use.
It is yellowed on the end from staining... but tastes clean and smells good.
Stains do not come out, but this should not worry you... your hoe ins black!
Touch me to see Vito's Daily whip cleaning!
I also DO collect wand hash.
I do it daily also.
You can check those posts out later.
I do not "save up" and harvest oils from the wand/whip I clean in this video. This 2 year old wand and whip, are cleaned daily sometimes more... as it is the 1st whip/wand I use with my vistors while we talk... and I like it smelling clean, and looking spot free (stains do not matter)

Vitolo,
mvapes said:
I got my 14mm W/A for my Buddha and I must say I am in love...ran it through my glass 16" bong, 8 arm tree percalator, downsten diffuser and with ice - so smooth it was insane!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/mstotsky1/2011-10-20_20-05-52_324.jpg

I need some tips on cleaning whips, I cant seem to get my tubes clean enough. Always way too sticky! Vito, I know you have posted tips but I missed the thread. Cluff, I very much appreciate your review on the saturn...ive officially ordered it as I trust your word.
Sweet!!! I hit my Da buddha a little to hard and would have to turn the heat down just to use it in a bong lol.

I bought some tubing from Menards kind of like this. I bought 100ft of it and now I get to cut it any size I want :-)

http://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...oses/vinyl/precut-tubing/p-1362744-c-8584.htm

VapeNStone,

hereatlast

Vitolo said:
I don't care to hear about Iso being bad, and "attacking" the tubing... I do not care.. and have already posted a dozen posts proving that SSV/DBV tubing is the best, and that Iso can not harm it!

Vitolo, you may not care to hear about ISO being bad (or "attacking" the tubing) but that doesn't stop the present (possible) danger. I think its also important to draw a distinction between your anecdotal "proofs" (which I would love to read by the way) and scientific proofs. It may be the case that you have assured yourself that cleaning your whips with ISO is safe, please do not tell others however that this is objectively safe because you feel so (now would be the time for some objective proofs, i.e. NOT I clean my whip everyday and it seems fine). There's a difference between apparently safe cleaning practices, i.e. no obvious leeching and/or residual smell, and a manufacturer that guarantees chemical inertness through an ISO rinse.

I don't mean to attack, just think its important to choose words wisely here. I'm not even suggesting that you're utilizing unsafe cleaning practices, simply, when telling others what is safe (and/or "best") it would be nice to reference a company's product specs/claims instead of user reports.

Further, putting forth that the "SSV/DBV tubing is the best" borders on fanboyism IMO. There's nothing (necessarily) wrong with standing by a company that has done you well, its just that your use of "best" in this case seems to refer to some objective evaluation and not the subjective view that you're actually putting forth (or, maybe I should ask, is the SSV/DBV tubing objectively the best for some reason I'm not aware of?).

Again, I hope that this does not seem like an attack for the sake of it but a (hopefully) productive comment. If ISO is safe for use, post up the official reasons why (like NTD did by posting this link in this post) not a video of you cleaning your whip.

BTW, you note in another thread (here) that:

From personal experience I found that Isopropyl will eventually either discolor, fog, or dry out my tubes if I reuse and reclean for a year. The grain alcohol has never dried out a tube, and does clean them.

I just think this is worth mention...discoloration, fogging and/or drying are symptoms I'd be wary of. Something is going on there it seems...proceed as you please. Everyone, researching product safety (which I wouldn't be surprised if you did Vitolo) is a worthy exercise to complete for oneself IMO. One last time, I hope not to seem like I'm blindly attacking for the sake of it, just my :2c:

Last edited by a moderator:
hereatlast,
Top Bottom