Da Buddha

cluffy

Vaker
charliedontsurf, I've always enjoyed your posts, I'd like to see you in the FC Chat. I've found that if you use a shorter tube for vapor bonging you're better off, but the vapor tamer solves all problems for me...

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I order SSV tubing direct from 7th floor, and I also use a US Plastic food/beverage grade silicone.... and also a medical grade one.
I opt for the official SSV/DBV tubing for my own personal use EVERY time.
It is a specially made extra soft silicone, ordered by 7th floor. They had to order enough of it to go around the earth 9 times to have the stuff manufactured.
DSC00216.jpg

Here you see one of the Silicon-Tygon SSV/DBV drawers in my Tubing/Whip replacement/repair station.
These are:
Tygon Beverage Tubing 3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D. and 1/16" wall
Tygon Medical Tubing 3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D. and 1/16" wall
and SSV Tubing.
I have tested each, and the SSV tubing cleans the easiest, gets less yellowed with time, smells less, is softer and does not harden.
I actually have my original SSV tubing on my main SSV unit. It is 2 years old, and has been cleaned weekly with Iso, followed by dish soap and hot water.
DSC00132-1.jpg

You will see that the "wand" end is yellowed from daily use over two years, but it is clean.
I have in that two years thrown away, and watched crack or destroy before my eyes every other kind of tubing including medical grade tubing (which I use to repair other peoples stuff when they request it.. but it sits in my home unused!).
So... the bottom line is-
In my opinion... if you want the safest and best whip for vaping... the longest lasting, easiest to keep..
SSV/DBV official tubing is best, and I own and have used them all.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy, you will notice there on my oldest tube.. that it is on a bong.
That tube is 1 foot less than the standard 3 foot tube.
That was my hand held whip.
After a year and a half of service, it got the first 1 foot chopped off the yellowest end, and was relegated to assignment at the bong. (Believe it or not, the foot that I cut off still gets used for other duties!)
So I like you, recommend a shorter path when adding glass to the equation!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well cluffy... since I do not get paid for my work...
and things being as they be....
I figured we already were a team!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wanted to show you one use for my spare pieces of SSV tubing.
I NEVER blow into the mouthpiece to get rid of ABV from wand.. This adds moisture into tube and wand .. causing condensation, and adds moisture to the collecting oils. Also it blows moisture into your screen, making the duffy stuff in the next wandful adhere even worse, leading to further wandhash buildup (wandhash is fun, but we want clear good hits now also!)
I do not mind getting ABV or "particles" in my mouth, even though I hear some of you hate it. I just chew and swallow.
Once in a while the wand is too hot for my lips to clear that last debris.
This video I just did shows how I use the tube piece to accomplish this ( I also show my "upward stir"
The video below was made with my new sony camera, with built in mike. I was not attempting to hide my face like the many "pot videos" out there do.. as I am a legal patient and have nothing to hide. It simply was my 1st attempt at making a video with this 2 week old camera. I sat it down on the table near my SSV, sat in front of it and I touched "go".. I did not plan on chopping off my own head!

Touch the image to see the vid

Vitolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Maybe things have changed at 7th floor vito? The last tubing I bought (some of their black coloured stuff) was definitely not silicon and was vinyl :hmm:. Their sales blurb still says;
7th floor website said:
Available in 3', 10', 20' lengths, the premium quality hose we offer is the best hose on the market. It is far better than silicon tubing because it does not collect all the dirt and oils from you hands. The hose is made just for us to give to you. It is made in 3/8 inch inner diameter so it can slip on and off your wand or any other accessories. Comes in clear, black, blue, green, or red.
but that might not be up to date.

edit, Also seen this in the SSV description

Includes:
- Silver Surfer Vaporizer
- Quick change wand (made from laboratory grade borosilicate glass)
- Borosilicate clear glass mouthpiece
-3/8 inch super soft clear vinyl tubing (food grade)
- 3 replacement screens
- Instruction manual w/ warranty
- 1 custom glass marble/stainless steel stir tool
- Lifetime free service (if anything ever wears out all you have to do is buy the part to fix the SSV and send us your SSV with enough money so we can ship it back to you) ($5-$10)

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It has not changed.
It is far better than silicone, because it is material that they had formulated and specially manufactured for 7th Floor.
Here is an article that discusses the difference between these two very acceptable whip materials.
Silicone vs. Vinyl
If you read the whole thing you will learn about features of each, and realize that vinyl can be used as a base, but that silicone is flexible in a very special way.
This will account for why the material was referred to as vinyl in the "contents".
It stands to reason that since this tubing was specially manufactured for 7th Floor, that it uses components of both vinyl and silicone, since these components are VERY closely tied, and chemically compatible to create the best and safest tube for use of this nature

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitolo,
Reactions: Odyssey
Cluffy, thanks for the kind words, I really do need to mosey down to the chat one of these days.

Great info on the tubing, Vitolo. I really do prefer the silicone for its kink-free nature but it's hard to argue with the durability the 7th floor tubing seems to boast.

charliedontsurf,

livegreen

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I searched, but couldn't find anything on this same issue.

My buddha has recently stopped working. The light on the back is still on when plugged in and turned on, but it fails to heat at all. I emailed customercare@7thfloor.biz on Monday about the issue, but am still waiting on a response.

If anyone has any experience on this issue or advice I would appreciate it:peace:

livegreen,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
livegreen said:
Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I searched, but couldn't find anything on this same issue.

My buddha has recently stopped working. The light on the back is still on when plugged in and turned on, but it fails to heat at all. I emailed customercare@7thfloor.biz on Monday about the issue, but am still waiting on a response.

If anyone has any experience on this issue or advice I would appreciate it:peace:

i never got replies either, but i heard that theres a rep on here named silversurferchris or something like that (look like a page back or so & it is mentioned by vito) & maybe he can help. lemme know how that goes btw cuz i havent done that yet.

thx

akwardsauce,

mraya

Hi Guys,

I am trying to decide between buying a vaper tamer (fatty or saturn) versus a water filter (say 4 or 6 percolators) for my DBV and I'm not sure which way to go. Has anyone had experience with both? I just want to cool the hits so that my mouth and throat are not so dry after I vape.

What are your thoughts on the water filter versus the vapor tamer? (I would imagine the water filter might be healthier on the lungs versus the vapor tamer?)

Thanks a lot!!

mraya,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
if u go the water route, u always have a choice to fill with water or use dry...if that helps...

akwardsauce,
I have the small vapor tamer, and while I like it, it only really stays cool for 10-25 minutes, and that alone makes it a headache. The extra drag is noticeable but not offensive - I still clear through the tamer without an issue. The new ones are larger and carry more glycerine in the hopes they stay cold longer, but I haven't tired them yet.

If by "water filter" you mean a proper glass bong or bubbler, then I think these are better things to invest your money in than a tamer.

charliedontsurf,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hate to throw another opinion in there.. But..
I have all the water tools, and a couple of bongs.
I use the Fatty Vapor tamer.
I use the Vapor tamer to cool hits more often than the water attachments 10-1
all a matter of taste. The Vapor tamer lets the vapor taste richer, and thicker, than water.
To each his own! ;)

edit...
I am itching to get the Saturn Vapor Tamer!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
It's true that the Vapor Tamer doesn't stay cold for as long as I'd like, but ten minutes is plenty long enough to get where I want to be. I have the Fatty and it does stay cool for longer, but the first 10 minutes are the best. I think it's less hassle than a bong because you don't have to deal with ice and/or water, just pull it out of the freezer and it's ready to go! Also I think it cools hits more than any ice bong I've ever used. As a friend said on his first try with it, "Wow, it's even harder to tell you're getting vapor!"

BTW, my Saturn is on its way... :brow:

cluffy,

cluffy

Vaker
Saturn just arrived, took a comparison pic with the Fatty (yes, my camera is terrible). The draw is WAY better, almost as good as straight SSV hose. Now I just have to wait for the freeze...
10o4mzd.jpg

cluffy,

mraya

For those that use the vapor tamer, do you still get a really dry mouth and throat after you vape?

mraya,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No I don't get a dry throat after using it... ever.

cluffy... all I can say is that looks bad as hell! I can't wait till it freezes!!
:drool:

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
YOU can't wait Vito... !!! :o

mraya,
I don't get a dry throat from anything so I can't comment on that, but I do believe the coolness of the VT condenses the vapor so it's not as dry. It feels more moist anyway. It's just a theory, but I'm happy.
Oh, and you should use the <edit> button to keep from making back to back posts, the mods frown on it. Funny, I just back to backed earlier, but they were over 12 hours apart and i was just excited about my Saturn!!!! :ko:

cluffy,

placetime

Thanks for posting that pic cluffy!
The Aqua Vape has it's own thread, but I don't know if the Vapor Tamer has it's own thread. Maybe the Saturn should have it's own thread? I know that I'm looking forward to more of cluffy's pics and/or review of the Saturn . :D :2c:
:peace:

placetime,

LuckyOne

Hi all, have had my DBV for about 6 months and I love it. I can't believe how cost effective it is. This is my first post, and all I want is someone to post their impartial review of the Saturn Vapor Tamer. I want to pull the trigger, but I want to hear from someone who has it already!

Thanks!

LuckyOne,
Top Bottom