Da Buddha

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use my DBV exactly the same as I use my handheld wand for the SSV
I let go of it for a second here and there... but, Since I remove the wand for a stir after each good hit, I simply set it down in its "nest' rather than tempt fate by letting it dangle.
cluffy has a nice "rack" on the side of his Buddha, for his wand to hang!
If you like leaving the wand in place... you could also close the whip and mouthpiece into a drawer... so that if the wand falls out, it will "swing like a pendulum do"!

Vitolo,

mrfloopa

Vappy
jayweb91 said:
so I'm on my 2nd wand. Im tired of paying 15-20$ a wand, so is there any way (besides a mousepad) to keep the wand from falling out. Im thinking of tying a shoe lace to the bowl. dose anyone have a good system of rigging the bowl so it dosent fall out (or atlast hitting the ground) Ive owned my dbv for a year now and still have not figured this out.

In my experience, if you don't mind leaving the bowl in the vape you can simply twist the wand some. It locks itself into place, and can actually be scary tough to get free sometimes to stir or change the bowl (just remember which way you twisted it--it works both ways). The simple twist seems to work wonders--you can't even pull it straight out if done correctly. If you prefer to not have it in the vape all the time, Vitolo's suggestion of Cluffy's idea is a good bet--rig a simple thing to hold the wand to the side of your vape. If its only for you, it doesn't even have to be all that pretty. :lol:

mrfloopa,

lunari

Hey everyone,

I have been wanting to get a vape for awhile now, I have used a mflb in the past and it was alright. The batteries were a pain but I enjoyed the experience. I wasn't planning on buying a vape for awhile but Vape World's black friday sale got me. I missed out on the 50% off deal but got in on the 25% off. I figured the savings were too good to pass up & placed an order for a black DBV with the bong adapter for right around $160 shipped. Since then I have spent numerous hours reading the complete 83 pages of this thread & feel like I am prepared to get totally vaked!

Fedex started saying it would be here the 2nd but has since changed the estimated delivery to the 1st. Can't wait!

Edit: I was planning on ordering a MFLB but I figured with the discount might as well get a nice desktop vape that hooks up to the bong. (Love bongs but they take so much weed, I'm hoping that with the vape we will be able to rip the bong & still conserve)

lunari,

lunari

Vitolo said:
You can rip a bong and still conserve! :peace:

While that may be possible, it is hard to do because it is always tempting to smoke a few more. It seems easier with the vape because you get so many more rips out of the amount that you put in. :)

lunari,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I meant "rip a bong and still conserve" USING A VAPE!
I don't combust anything any time at all...
I do vape through a bong though... and when using the Buddha.. those bong hits ar RIPS!

Vitolo,

lunari

Vitolo said:
I meant "rip a bong and still conserve" USING A VAPE!
I don't combust anything any time at all...
I do vape through a bong though... and when using the Buddha.. those bong hits ar RIPS!

That I can agree with, I am still amazed by this thing. If I load in about the same amount as a one-hitter bat, but end up getting at least 8 or 9 rips each for the wife & I. I decided to get creative and try a few different things, vape bong, vape bubbler, & vape gas mask. I brought a little ABV to work with me this evening to go on a PB&J sandwich for lunch as well lol.

EDIT: Just made & started eating my AVB with PB&J sandwich. I'll update this with the results in an hour or so :)

lunari,

mattstermh

I don't know if it's the weed or what, but the weed looks dank despite the fact that it's not very dense. However, when I put it in my DBV, I pack it down about 1/3 of the way up, maybe less, it burns a little but I'm not getting any hits. It's at around 1-2 o clock. I usually don't have any issues but this is really bugging me.

Anyone wanna chime in?

mattstermh,

Nosferatu

With most of my weed I hit at like the 3 o clock position, try that. I usually pack at least half of the wand full to get those big hits. Although I do hit through a bong. With weaker weed you simply must pack more and usually higher the temp, and you may still not get as many hits as you would with "kind" bud.

Nosferatu,

mattstermh

Hmm. I should have added that I've owned DBV since August and I can usually get 10 hits off one bowl packed a little less than half way up at around 1:30 on the dial.

But yeah, thanks for the insight. I'll try that.

mattstermh,

Soulhunter

Been a happy owner of DBV for two years, and this is my workhorse :)
I love the enormous clouds this thing can make, but i feel it is a bit wastefull on my herbs. The bowl dont vape evenly.
But i will never part with my DBV, i bought it because i did not have the money for a SSV at the time, but now i think i wil just buy custom glass for my buddah, and find something compleetly diferent to add to my collection ;)

Peace!

Soulhunter,

max

Out to lunch
The bowl dont vape evenly.
Pretty much the norm for whip vapes. That's what the stir tool is for. You'd have complained about the SSV even more, in that respect.

max,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Zen Masters(and Mistresses)! A repost from our SSV thread...

The past few weeks have seen us here at 7th Floor working expeditiously so that everyone is able to have a vapetastic holidays. I haven't been able to be on FC...at all really...for some time, but have taken some time to review our forums today and address any needs. As always, the discussion on our threads is more cerebral and mature than I see on other companies threads here. I hope that means we are doing something right...putting all of our effort into make the best vapes on the planet. We, as a company, are just like you all, many different backgrounds that come together for one common goal...and like you all, we only want the best.

Lately we haven't been able to provide the level of customer service that you expect, due to us just getting hammered by emails, phone calls, etc, lately. We haven't been able to respond to all of them in a timely manner. Ideally, I would like a 30 minute turnaround on emails and phone calls that we can't answer immediately. But right now this just isn't possible. Having read the forums from before my time at 7th Floor, I new that customer service needed to get better, and get better fast...and of course I hope that it has. But know that our inability to return your communication as fast as you would like is due to the business of building vapes occasionally taking precedence. As a rapidly growing company, we constantly debate adding new employees...we never want leverage ourselves our too far as labor costs are our #1 expense. So we only add people to the family when we are bursting at the seams. Its a conservative approach, one that obviously has it consequences in regards to customer service. But its an approach we take because we are in this for the long run; we want to pass this company on to our children, not make a quick buck and get out. But - without a stellar product and a great relationship with our customers, we can't achieve our goals. In that light...we have doubled our CS team. None of us like hearing that it took too long to return a call or an email, so please know that we are doing everything in our power to resolve this and make the experience better.

8 years ago this company started in a single room of a home...and today has grown to 37 proud and dedicated employees that are truly committed to making, and enjoying, the greatest vape on earth. We know that we have the freshest tasting, hardest hitting, most customizeable vapes you can buy, and we will never stop trying to make them better. Through our experience and of course your input, we relentlessly pursue this goal. So we take this moment to thank you for everything. From all of us, to all of you. THANK YOU!

We float around slogans for 7th Floor as a company quite often, but always come back to one: 'We are You' .

We keep coming back to it because we feel it isn't so much a slogan, as it is the truth.

discount code - fc15 - gets all of you 15% until Jan 2, all our sites. (you must be logged in for the code to work) And of course, chris@7thfloor.biz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapetologist,

Soulhunter

max said:
The bowl dont vape evenly.
Pretty much the norm for whip vapes. That's what the stir tool is for. You'd have complained about the SSV even more, in that respect.

Yes i stir between every hit ;)
Rly? I thought SSV was better at vaping evenly since u can move the wand around?

Soulhunter,

Soulhunter

My abv is alvays from light brown to realy dark brown an sometimes even smal pieces of green still in the abv. I usualy fill the wand half ful, mby that is what i am doing wrong, less herb would probably vape more even?

Edit : I am talkin about one bowl here, with all that color diference.

Soulhunter,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Soulhunter said:
My abv is alvays from light brown to realy dark brown an sometimes even smal pieces of green still in the abv. I usualy fill the wand half ful, mby that is what i am doing wrong, less herb would probably vape more even?

You just need to stir more often. Try stirring every one or two hits.

Edit: just saw the previous post where you said you stir a lot. How finely ground is your material? Is it really dry?

The things that are going to affect how even you material is used are:
1) temp of vape
2) speed of draw
3) quality/dryness of material
4) how often you stir
5) size of grind
6) amount of material used

Try adjusting those variables one at a time until you get more even coloring.

Truefreak,
Vitolo said:
I stir after EVERY hit!
Oh I forgot to mention I also stir after every hit

Soulhunter said:

try turning your Da Buddha full blast and hitting it like a raped ape :)

mod note: Please use the edit button to avoid back to back posts. Quoting multiple posts is just a matter of copy-paste and adding the quote code. Instructions are in the BBCode link, available with every post.

VapeNStone,

max

Out to lunch
Soulhunter said:
I thought SSV was better at vaping evenly since u can move the wand around?
I don't know why you'd think that a much narrower air stream, even with moving the wand, would provide more even vaporizing. It's kind of like comparing a laser pointer to a flashlight. The SSV definitely requires more stirring with the standard HC/wand setup.

max,

Soulhunter

Thanks for replys guys :)
I wil try to perfeckt my stiring technique. And all the other facktors :)

At the moment i am using realy dry herb that i grind realy fine. Temperature knob is at three o clock, i use half full bowl. I got two screens in the bowl, kinda like this -> () so i dont get bits in my mouth.
I stir between every hit and one bowl gives me 4-8 hits depending on the quality of the herbs.

I have been using my DBV on and off for two years, and this has always been my favorite way of vaping with it. I have tried lower temperature and what not, but this has ben the best for me :)
My friends always has a lighter colour abv than me at my house, so maby its draw speed or something :p

Soulhunter,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
max said:
Soulhunter said:
I thought SSV was better at vaping evenly since u can move the wand around?
I don't know why you'd think that a much narrower air stream, even with moving the wand, would provide more even vaporizing. It's kind of like comparing a laser pointer to a flashlight. The SSV definitely requires more stirring with the standard HC/wand setup.

Our experience is that this is only true with the GG setup. SGG, and Standard setups have so much flexibility of angle(one with massive airflow, one more focused) that generally you can get even coverage...your 'driving' or 'steering' the heat around the matter/chamber. Obviously not an exact process, but it works. I still stir like crazy though, as I don't use a grinder; I prefer to grind with the pick as I go. But...everyone does it differently, that's why we all need so many options!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapetologist,
Hey I've been a long time lurker on this thread and FC in general for quite some time. I've had my Da Buddha for maybe 6 months or so and I love it but the wand and whip get so dirty and smelly after a while. I just scraped my wand and got about .4 of wand hash and there is still so much residue in the wand left.
I wanna know if anyone does an iso wash with there Wands and how Long you soak it for? I did mine a couple months back with some 91% and it wasnt very effective, but I didn't really let it soak that long.
And also is it worth running iso through the tubing for the reclaim or is it not worth it.
I'd appreciate any feedback

$moe-money$,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I shake for a minute with Iso in it.....
whatever does not come out, I throw away...
some collect it by rubbing a pencil (eraser side ) against the walls with the iso in there.
I just shake it... and then shake it again with very jhot water and dish soap.
You can be a fanatic, and find a way to collect every last drop... I dont.

Vitolo,
Alright sounds good. I'll just plug up one end and let it soak for a few mins.

Has anyone vaped fullmelt/bubble hash out of da Buddha? I'm not sure if I can do it by itself or with a little bud? if I do it by itself will it melt through or would using extra screens help?

$moe-money$,
Top Bottom