Da Buddha

picklebarrel

Just got my DBV in the mail today. Definitely a solid vape. I had a vapor brothers but I definitely like this design a lot more. There were some scratches on the heating element, but I emailed Chris at 7th Floor and he said they should go away over time.

I can see how people end up with vape collections now. I really want to try some other styles.

picklebarrel,

picklebarrel

Quick question for anyone with a DBV or SSV: How bad is it to scrape or touch the heating element with the glass heater cover while removing it? I took my heater cover off a couple times to look at the heating element in all its glory and i definitely hit it while putting it back on.

picklebarrel,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
picklebarrel said:
Quick question for anyone with a DBV or SSV: How bad is it to scrape or touch the heating element with the glass heater cover while removing it? I took my heater cover off a couple times to look at the heating element in all its glory and i definitely hit it while putting it back on.

It might affect its lifespan? But only time would tell anyway. Does it shows any marks (when off)? Otherwise I wouldn't think it affects its performance.

Vaporisateur,

picklebarrel

Vaporisateur said:
picklebarrel said:

It might affect its lifespan? But only time would tell anyway. Does it shows any marks (when off)? Otherwise I wouldn't think it affects its performance.

It does show marks, both when on and off. When off they are gray. There are a couple of scratches and one circular mark. When the unit is on all of the marks look more "see through" than the rest of the element. Most of these marks were on the element when I first got it though. I'm not worried about life span as much as I am about toxins and what not, but I am pretty paranoid when it comes to this stuff.

picklebarrel,
So I should be getting my Buddha today or tomorrow and was wondering if there is any newbie advice I should know? Are there are any useful accessories I should think about? I am trying to find out by reading through the thread but it's pretty big and there are no stickies. . .

Dr. Boomstick,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Dr. Boomstick said:
So I should be getting my Buddha today or tomorrow and was wondering if there is any newbie advice I should know? Are there are any useful accessories I should think about? I am trying to find out by reading through the thread but it's pretty big and there are no stickies. . .

That's what is nice about the DBV - there is no newbie advice! :D

Seriously, the only thing I can think of is using a little water to connect the tube with the wand and the mouthpiece. Otherwise, it's pretty simple.

Plug it in - turn the dial between 12 o'clock and 1 - wait 3-4 minutes - pack up the wand to 1/6 - put in it and breathe slowly - voil quel bon feeling! :)

You will be very happy with your purchase. Which color did you choose?

An extra wand kit is a must in case you break yours. A few extra screens are supplied. The hemp bag is just amazing, I love it!

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dr. Boomstick said:
So I should be getting my Buddha today or tomorrow and was wondering if there is any newbie advice I should know? . . .
Look here and on the SSV thread. Both will offer ideas for accessories for your vape!

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
An extra wand kit is a must in case you break yours.
Put something soft in front of your DBV (like a mousepad) so if your wand gets jerked out it'll bouce instead of break. You'll need more tubing too. 7th Floor has a good price on 10-20 ft., and while you're getting that, buy a 10 pack of screens as well. Screens are priced low on eBay too (5/8").

max,

sunsett70

hello fellas,

i got my customised ssv style hc and 'mini' wand from 7th floor on the weekend. check the pics
http://imgur.com/a/LocL4#nfk8m

the ssv style hc was really nice. not sure if it is my imagination, but seems to hit a lot more consistently and my herb is more evenly brown rather than brown blackish as with the normal dbv hc. so, yeah, it is good, and no harm having an extra hc around.

the mini wand, on the other hand was not what i expected. on the pic with 3 wands, the custom mini-wand is on the left, middle normal dbv wand and on the right is the vapor-brothers mini-wand (i got it from a generous forum member, ta!). the custom mini looks like some dwarf-wand cause of the 'big head'. it's partially my own fault; i told them i wanted a "normal dbv wand with half bowl size", 7th floor said they knew 'exactly what i wanted'; and i then went with a "see what they'll come up with" attitude without giving any design specs.

half bowl size could have meant smaller bowl horizontally or vertically, and i guess they chose the vertical route. it seriously looks like some kinda dwarf wand, at least the top but the overall length is longer than the normal dbv wand, so my marble stir stick cannot reach the screen. ugghhh! still a workable wand but a bit hard to stir as the bowl height is so low. because it is so low, i am forced to use only a little herb, so it is a custom 'mini' by default :rolleyes:. and i wanted a lookalike dbv wand so i can use my vapir no2 screens but they gave me a custom with a 'smallish' bottom part instead.

anyway, i'm can always go to my normal wand or use the vapir bros mini. those who are interested in the ssc style hc won't be dissappointed, but for anything else 'custom' made, please don't be too adventurous and specify your design plans clearly, even when they tell you that 'we know exactly what you want' :(

sunsett70,

cluffy

Vaker
Hey sunsett70! Glad to see you like the new HC, I knew you would. Yeah, that mini wand looks whacked, but I bet it will work great for hash, wand hash, or pressed kif. When I use the SSV HC I slowly move the wand in circles to get a nice even heat. It's so good thgat 7th Floor is making the SSV HC for the DBV again. I'd order one for a spare, but I can't imagine breaking an HC. Yes, I just knocked on wood.

CHEERS!

cluffy,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
cluffy said:
I bet it will work great for hash, wand hash, or pressed kif. When I use the SSV HC I slowly move the wand in circles to get a nice even heat.

I make pressed kif but never tried it with the DBV (didn't think I could!). I only have the original DBV wand though - would you NOT recommend I try it? I'm asking because I'd like to try it first before investing in a fancy SSV HC...

Vaporisateur,

cluffy

Vaker
Yes, it works with the original DBV set up. I use a bit of ABV as a base then put the chunk on top. It kind of melts down into the ABV. I promise you'll love the option of the standard SSV HC, get a standard wand with it and save on shipping! They're only $14.99 each. But you do have to specify that the HC is for Da Buddha, they are different heights.

cluffy,

SmokingElectricity

a pure kief load in DBV, unpressed works great too. no abv. just tamp it down ever so slightly. you will be blowing massive clouds for hours. :ko:

that's a great tip sunsett70. i'm gonna have to try that with the vapir screens. :peace:

SmokingElectricity,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
The arizer dome screen MOD is perfect for hash in 7th floor's vapes: it's like a basket that will pop in and out with your melted messy hash...and your glass will stay clean! ;)

FLskwat,
Reactions: vorrange

BuryMeInSmoke

Just ordered Da Buddha 10 minutes ago. So excited to get my first vape! Great thread, thanks to all who posted such useful info.

BuryMeInSmoke,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
BuryMeInSmoke said:
Just ordered Da Buddha 10 minutes ago. So excited to get my first vape! Great thread, thanks to all who posted such useful info.

Early morning shopper? hehe

You won't be disappointed! Where did you order it from?

Vaporisateur,

BuryMeInSmoke

Vaporisateur said:
BuryMeInSmoke said:

Early morning shopper? hehe

You won't be disappointed! Where did you order it from?

Haha, yep, my job keeps me up late. I ordered from vaporizers.ca

Cool av, I have a big flag hanging over my window of the same thing.

BuryMeInSmoke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
You're in for a treat there, BMIS.... :brow:
Yes he is
s962buddhastatues.png

Vitolo,
Top Bottom