Da Buddha

sunsett70

ya cluffy, ssv style hc works great too with the vapor bro mini, my herb is easily uniform brown color. and yeah, i guess i could use my custom mini for wand hash.

@ SmokingElectricity, yeah, great tip. got it from FLskwat and sir prancelot.

sunsett70,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaporisateur said:
Vitolo, did you make this image? Can I reuse it? It's freakin awesome, just like the product presented :D
Yes, I did make it. I work in Second life making textures all day. That was made on GIMP. Please feel free to reuse. If you want an original sent in any particular format, let me know.

Vitolo,
It's finally here! Wow I'm so impressed and excited! I thought the build quality would be decent but it's excellent. everything about the vape itself is better than i expected. like the really long power cable, the very secure base. it makes me want to touch it a lot which is what good design does i guess. i am however a bit disappointed with the whip. the glass parts are great but the tube itself feels cheap. ahh well as long as its functional thats the main thing. ok 10 mins of burning off the manufacturing oils is just done! im going to try it out!

Dr. Boomstick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The tube is meant to be a cheaper material. This makes it inexpensive to to replace, and the flexibility makes it easier to keep clean. Buy some extras (either sets of 3 ft lengths of the official DBV tubing, or it's food grade silicone counterpart at a plastic tubing distributor you will find them listed throughout.. and in the SSV thread).

Vitolo,
It's pretty amazing to use! I had the dial at 11 and started inhaling and could barley feel anything but when i blew out there was a lot of vapour and some smoke as the herb had burnt a bit and was black. even though it was burnt it wasn't harsh at all. ill just have to try a lower temp next time.

Dr. Boomstick,

Surf Monkey

Yeah, it takes a little tinkering to get just the right setting on da Buddha. I burned a few loads right off the bat as well. It's capable of running WAY hotter than it needs to in order to vaporize correctly, and that's a good thing. Lots of headroom for different kinds of loads.

Surf Monkey,
maybe i have to draw quicker. . . Ahh well this thing is an investment for my long term health and money, so what if it takes a few goes to get the hang of it?

another thing i really like is the plate you can put on top to use as an aromatherapy thing. I didnt buy it but my mum has a plate made for a candle holder thats the perfect size. i put a few drops of olbas oil in there as for some reason that always makes me feel higher.

Dr. Boomstick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You will find that there is a way for you. it is not just about getting it on the spot, but how long it warms up. I never turned mine off completely just lowered it. when I was ready to vape I turned it all the way up ( not forcing0... wait till it started being brighter than I knew it was to be whn vaping... then I backed down to noon.....
sort of giving it some higher juice, then go back down to your favored "spot"

Vitolo,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
My wand is stuck in the HC. What is the recommended method for not breaking everything? I am afraid to put too much force when trying to turn it out right now.

EDIT: Arggg never mind. Got it out. I used a cloth to hold the HC more firmly and was able to twist out the wand. I guess some AVB got in between the two ground glass.

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
(one of the reasons, I go hand held)
You can try this next time. Let unit cool completely wrap a slightly damp folded washcloth (NOT WET) around the wand base near tube. Turn unit on high... keep holding wand with the cloth. wait about 7-10 seconds, grip firmly through the washcloth (or remove it now and use bare hand) and twist .. you have exp[anded the HC, and kept the wand cooler with washcloth... works every time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitolo,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vitolo said:
(one of the reasons, I go hand held)
You can try this next time. Let unit cool completely wrap a slightly damp folded washcloth (NOT WET) around the wand base near tube. Turn unit on high... keep holding wand with the cloth. wait about 7-10 seconds, grip firmly through the washcloth (or remove it now and use bare hand) and twist .. you have exp[anded the HC, and kept the wand cooler with washcloth... works every time!

Thanks Vitolo, I will certainly keep this tip! I'm sure I will need it some day... :/

Vaporisateur,

SmokingElectricity

TwztedElegance said:
Whenever I used kief or wand hash I found it used to get really messy clogging up the screen and stuff :o

you can vape pure unpressed kief quite well in the DBV. use the metal wand pick to stir it up every 10 hits and gently smooth it back out with a head of a nail so it covers the entire screen. you will know when it's done because the kief no longer sticks to the screen. shouldn't mess your screen up at all. lasts for hours. i'm sure you could do the same with a SSV.

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingElectricity,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
SmokingElectricity said:
you can vape pure unpressed kief quite well in the DBV. use the metal wand pick to stir it up every 10 hits and gently smooth it back out with a head of a nail so it covers the entire screen. you will know when it's done because the kief no longer sticks to the screen. shouldn't mess your screen up at all. lasts for hours. i'm sure you could do the same with a SSV.

Dr. Boomstick said:
i got the hang of it and im high as balls right now!

Ok, I've got to try this tonight :uhoh:

Vaporisateur,

Tragikkkkk

I just ordered a black DBV tonight and it will be the first vape I've ever owned, how excited should I be?

Tragikkkkk,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'd say you should rightfully have butterflies! You should be having dreams during this night ... dreams of the clouds of smokeless vapor that are going to rock your world... and save your herb!
(subconciously you know what a smart move this is... you have been reading.... thinking....)
You are going to have a blast. Be happy with your choice.. and don't let other vaporists talking about the great aspects of other vapes let you have any second thoughts... All vapes have pros and cons.
You ordered yourself a winner! :)

Vitolo,

Tragikkkkk

Nice, I am excited, I recently started getting asthmatic symptoms and really severe acid reflux a few week ago. I smoked maybe 3 times and vaped once in the past 3 weeks and the vape was the only thing to not make my lung flare up. My tolerance is probly around where I started at about a decade ago, so I have a feeling I'm gonna get ripped when I first break her in. I have some nice dankness in a pill bottle and a ton of kief in my space case so I should be good to go when she first gets here. Whats the general amount used per pack in the DBV in grams approximately? Do the heat settings cause different highs/benefits?

Tragikkkkk,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The hotter, the more of the body highs released.. and sleepy cannabinoids, as well as pain,
lower temps are the lighter highs.. euphoric... both nice!
Personally I never measured in weight what I put in.. I just suck it in until the wand is filled about 1/8 - 1/4.... some folks put more in, and I have put less in too.

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Hey Vitolo, isn't it cool all these folks getting turned on to the SSV and DBV? It seemed like there was a dry spell for a while there. Anyway, next time we're on FC simultaneously it would be cool to chat. Do you do the FC chat room?

cluffy,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Tragikkkkk said:
I just ordered a black DBV tonight and it will be the first vape I've ever owned, how excited should I be?

As well said by our friend Vitolo, you should be very, very excited. Especially if you have some nice herb just waiting to be grinded and vaped.

I just tried about .05g of pure uncompressed Kush keif in my buddha for the first time as suggested by our friend Cluffy... I've not felt so good in many, many mornings... (mornings are difficult for me). Ahhh man, I love this community! :D

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
...It seemed like there was a dry spell for a while there. Anyway, next time we're on FC simultaneously it would be cool to chat. Do you do the FC chat room?
Hey cluffy (thx for photobucket comment) Yes there was a dry spell. I attribute this to people being romanced by new technology, and the quest for a thicker cloud.
Hard to beat an old workhorse though!
I do notice that when folks ask about "clouds" on all these new units, they often compare... and ask in relation to DBV/SSV!
I have never been in the FC chat room, but sounds like fun!.
Easy enough to do. I am at the computer 12 hours a day. I am disabled, but I maintain a full time presence and enterprise in a Virtual World, Second Life.
After a bit, I will check the Chat room to see how it functions!~V

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaporisateur said:
've not felt so good in many, many mornings... (mornings are difficult for me). Ahhh man, I love this community! :D
Mornings are rough on me too! I won't go into the details of my morning discomfort.. I have a feeling that you understand. I love this community too.
Truth is.. I am here because MJ allows me to live and breath without the severity of my spasticity, and without the constant nausea. I wake sick.. and vapor makes it so I dont spend the 1st hour of my day.. "holding on to that porcelain steering wheel, as I drive the Sick Stomach highway on the bathroom floor".
I am here to encourage others .. to vaporize.
When members see comments by folks that already vaporize.. and see us compare notes, and discuss. this opens a door for them to feel free to think... "wow the MMJ and Vapor community are truly good"
Vape on!

Top Bottom