Gear D-nail thread

mixchu69

...not sure, but every time my wife goes she picks up the large pack of q-tips and two packs of 99% iso for me :love:

...get's me through to her next trip to costco...
u married an amazing woman

@biohacker, i agree with your sentiments....huge fan of the d-nail sic halo..no reason to pick up the sapphire (dont want to worry too much about cracks) .i think the herbie might be a good tool for someone trying out concentrates for the first time..fill a balloon and let them enjoy at their own speed

However, the herbie never had the punch to the chest that u get with a nice dab

Likes2vape

I totally agree with you @biohacker the Dnail SiC dish is just simply sublime and combined with their carb cap it just makes for the absolute perfect dab experience. I waited over a year to get the dnail carb cap because I was being cheap and I am sorry I did. The two just go together so perfect!!!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I totally agree with you @biohacker the Dnail SiC dish is just simply sublime and combined with their carb cap it just makes for the absolute perfect dab experience. I waited over a year to get the dnail carb cap because I was being cheap and I am sorry I did. The two just go together so perfect!!!

A YEAR?!?

I'm sorry man.
It would almost be good if D-Nail forced a bundled Halo / Cap package for every Halo purchase.
The cap is a must.

What were you using?
I forgot to bring my cap on one outing and was basically fucked.

Happy that you found dabbing Nirvana.

:rockon:

Likes2vape

A YEAR?!?

I'm sorry man.
It would almost be good if D-Nail forced a bundled Halo / Cap package for every Halo purchase.
The cap is a must.

What were you using?
I forgot to bring my cap on one outing and was basically fucked.

Happy that you found dabbing Nirvana.

:rockon:
I was using a cheap china carb cap for ever, upgraded to the tag carb cap, and finally but the bullet and got the Dnail carb cap and forked dabber last 420. While the other caps worked once I got the Dnail cap I realized I had been half assing it all along.

biohacker

Oh and I almost forgot! No pooling like you guys promised! This was my greatest anxiety, coming from quartz, with the waste it to taste it and lots of pooling and vapour trails.... none of this with the SiC halo! I'd say any mop up waste is maybe less than 5% compared to the absurd waste from bleed/run through with my cotton/hemp convection dabbing experiences!

@lazylathe this is the one bro! My VAS KILLER! FINALLY!!! I guess I was barking up the wrong tree for years which is why it felt like I was chasing my own tail!

Wish I discovered rosin and SiC years ago... finally feel HOME!!! :rockon:

I actually actually APPRECIATE my CBD mix rosin now! MEDICINE! :love:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Oh and I almost forgot! No pooling like you guys promised! This was my greatest anxiety, coming from quartz, with the waste it to taste it and lots of pooling and vapour trails.... none of this with the SiC halo! I'd say any mop up waste is maybe less than 5% compared to the absurd waste from bleed/run through with my cotton/hemp convection dabbing experiences!

@lazylathe this is the one bro! My VAS KILLER! FINALLY!!! I guess I was barking up the wrong tree for years which is why it felt like I was chasing my own tail!

That's awesome news the hear bro!!
Do you see a cost increase with switching to a more expensive product when using oils only?
It's also going to be interesting to see if you need to take more T-Breaks now due to their increased potency.

Still loving my flowers!!!

biohacker

Do you see a cost increase with switching to a more expensive product when using oils only?

Not when adjusted for yield! In fact, due to the pure satisfaction of rosin, i'm actually getting the meds I need, super fast super easy super smooth and most of all FLAVOUR like i've never ever experienced! Low yield organic outdoor strains :mmmm: Literally can taste tangerines, field berries, the nuances are just mouth watering. I've been MISSING OUT for YEARS now apparently!! :doh: But better late than never! :)

It's also going to be interesting to see if you need to take more T-Breaks now due to their increased potency.

It's all relative bro! Many swear that flower feels more full spectrum and potent! I just ballpark a ratio of 4:1... i'd be around 2.5g/day flower (sometimes more!) and now i'm under .5g/day rosin (mix of indoor and outdoor + CBD). If I ever feel a creeping in my tolerance I just force a break and find I only need a day or two! But after this 1 week break my tolerance is LOW!!! Otherwise I just cut back.

Still loving my flowers!!!

Nothing wrong with that bro! :rockon::leaf:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I can feel my tollerance adjusting every session almost. If you are blasting to the moon every session that's going to catch up with you but if you go heavy in the morning, with a little break sometime in the day, then normal sessions in the evening things seem to level out. Over the easter holiday we had company and I vaped more than normal but by the next day I had everything back where it should be and maybe a little less effective on day 1, by day 2 I had no idea I binged 2 days prior.

BTW I dont really get any condensation in the top of my carb cap but pre-heating that for about 30 seconds before your dab really helps vaporize everything up just a bit better IMO. I'm glad to hear your pooling is minimal, sounds like you're very mindful of your dab size and looking for the best experience! Globbers are fun but be ready for some wipe up, there you may experience some pooling but I believe it's all relative to the dab size.

Twisting the carb cap helps with the venturi effect, I always recommend to do that, and if you have a glass stem between the base and the rig, you can watch the vapor production increase as it moves the dab round and round on the nail, versus if you dont twirl the cap you'll notice the vapor production is not as dense.

Morty

biohacker

Twisting the carb cap helps with the venturi effect, I always recommend to do that, and if you have a glass stem between the base and the rig, you can watch the vapor production increase as it moves the dab round and round on the nail, versus if you dont twirl the cap you'll notice the vapor production is not as dense.

Yes i've definitely noticed this and the dude at D-nail was a fan of cap spinning as well!

Congrats! :tup:

Told you you needed to try...even if it's just a "conduction dab" :haw: :p

@Morty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the ONLY way I dab now!!! In fact, it's the ONLY way I consume CANNABIS NOW! FINALLY THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Has anyone tried the sapphire insert at all? I'm wondering if q-tip cleaning is fine on that also.

I'm hoping d-nail does a 420 sale, I forgot I'd need to buy their $50 titanium dish with it. I also hadn't realized they didn't sell the sapphire halos at all anymore, I always thought I'd get one some day.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Has anyone tried the sapphire insert at all? I'm wondering if q-tip cleaning is fine on that also.

I'm hoping d-nail does a 420 sale, I forgot I'd need to buy their $50 titanium dish with it. I also hadn't realized they didn't sell the sapphire halos at all anymore, I always thought I'd get one some day.

They still save the saph Halo, they take the page off most places when the stock is out, which happens frequently and for lengthy periods. the page is still listed under new arrivals on their homepage.

Id jump on any sale on those inserts ASAP as everyone, their uncles and their uncles dogs are prolly thinking the same thing you are, and dnail has stock outs on pretty much every sale Ive ever seen them have.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
one interesting thing that I found on the website: the SIC halo does not have the wik surface, but the sapphire and quartz halo do. I have the quartz halo but still prefer the SIC.

IMO Wik is marketing BS, there will no doubt be people saying I'm wrong and talking about some patent dnail has, but I still say its a simple porous manufacturing process, most likely sintering, Im pretty sure thats how they do their sapphire, and then left unpolished to leave the "wik". Why they do not indicate that SIC has the same properties, I couldn't say.

Their own materials say Wik is designed to add nucleation sites and spread the material around via capillary action and will not soak into the dish, from my own and other experiences the Halos, especially the sapphire Halo will soak up material into its pores like a sponge, requiring a high heat clean. The sapphire dishes from CCA, which are smooth polish and not porous, do not have this soaking effect. The OG SIC inserts from CCA that were not polished and retained the porous surface from manufacturing did have the same soaking effect where as the new polished SIC and Obsidians do not.

Id be stoked if someone actually from dnail ever makes an account and can shed some light on it (and other dnail related things) one way or the other.

I LOVE my Halos and really like dnail as a company and have had good experiences with them, but the Wik nonsense has always given me extreme involuntary eye rolls as fluff and hype.

mixchu69

IMO Wik is marketing BS, there will no doubt be people saying I'm wrong and talking about some patent dnail has, but I still say its a simple porous manufacturing process, most likely sintering, Im pretty sure thats how they do their sapphire, and then left unpolished to leave the "wik". Why they do not indicate that SIC has the same properties, I couldn't say.

Their own materials say Wik is designed to add nucleation sites and spread the material around via capillary action and will not soak into the dish, from my own and other experiences the Halos, especially the sapphire Halo will soak up material into its pores like a sponge, requiring a high heat clean. The sapphire dishes from CCA, which are smooth polish and not porous, do not have this soaking effect. The OG SIC inserts from CCA that were not polished and retained the porous surface from manufacturing did have the same soaking effect where as the new polished SIC and Obsidians do not.

Id be stoked if someone actually from dnail ever makes an account and can shed some light on it (and other dnail related things) one way or the other.

I LOVE my Halos and really like dnail as a company and have had good experiences with them, but the Wik nonsense has always given me extreme involuntary eye rolls as fluff and hype.
I also have the porous sic dish for the v2 20mm liger.
https://imgur.com/a/AD0yl

Damn...forgot how to get the bb code on imgur

Last edited:

shredder

So your saying you like your dnail? Lol, glad you finally jumped on board! I have the tag controler too, love it as well.

If anyone is curious, you can micro dose off your sic dish, just use tiny amounts. Most of my solo sessions are micro. It isn't easy to curb your enthusiasm using a new dish though.

I have about 8-10 varieties of rosin at any one time, and really enjoy the slight nuances most other vapors never taste. And with all the talk about terpenes now days, few actually get the full expression that a good dish can give you.

biohacker

So your saying you like your dnail? Lol, glad you finally jumped on board!

:rofl:

I still can't express how happy and satisfied I FINALLY am after searching for the elusive unicorn for over the past decade! :rockon:

If anyone is curious, you can micro dose off your sic dish, just use tiny amounts. Most of my solo sessions are micro. It isn't easy to curb your enthusiasm using a new dish though.

Exactly! I find I usually only dab half of what I put on my dabber :lol: A little goes such a long way with the incredible low temp heat transfer! I'm debating dropping under 500 as i'm frequently around 525 anyway. Does anyone go ABOVE 600 for rosin? 500's seem the sweet zone for me.

I have about 8-10 varieties of rosin at any one time, and really enjoy the slight nuances most other vapors never taste. And with all the talk about terpenes now days, few actually get the full expression that a good dish can give you.

I have over a few dozen varieties of rosin and it's like a brand new hobby! The taste nuances are so vivid, and not being able to get the taste off my smacker for a while is awesome!

And Sapphire tastes BETTER!? Must have!! :rockon:

anyone know a good dhgate source for drop downs? like real drop downs, not just extenders.. picked one up at my local HS and the halo now sits crooked! :doh:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I am really liking the SiC dish around 465F using a cheap thermocouple to test. My controller sits at 580F, that has given me not the best flavor, but the best compromise of flavor/vapor/waste.

Sapphire does taste better but I think it's marginal YMMV, the dish temps seem to be real close comparing them to the same PID setting, with what seemed to be about 20F advantage in the sapphire (i.e. running at 560F instead of 580F for the same dish temps)

@biohacker I just got this one in last week, it's working great with my rattle can and NV WA+dnail setup. I cant comment on the durability but so far it's working fine.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-drop-down-adapter-10-styles-female/398677762.html

glass-drop-down-adapter-10-styles-female-male-14mm-18mm-to-14mm-18mm-female-glass-dropdown-adapters-for-oil-rigs-glass-bongs.jpg

shredder

:rofl:

I still can't express how happy and satisfied I FINALLY am after searching for the elusive unicorn for over the past decade! :rockon:

Exactly! I find I usually only dab half of what I put on my dabber :lol: A little goes such a long way with the incredible low temp heat transfer! I'm debating dropping under 500 as i'm frequently around 525 anyway. Does anyone go ABOVE 600 for rosin? 500's seem the sweet zone for me.

I have over a few dozen varieties of rosin and it's like a brand new hobby! The taste nuances are so vivid, and not being able to get the taste off my smacker for a while is awesome!

And Sapphire tastes BETTER!? Must have!! :rockon:

anyone know a good dhgate source for drop downs? like real drop downs, not just extenders.. picked one up at my local HS and the halo now sits crooked! :doh:

I'm in the 490-540 range most of the time. I like to start low and finish higher.

I've had bad luck with dhgate drop downs. Either came broke or fell apart quickly. I like tag drop downs and especially their carbs used on my rigs.

Top Bottom