Gear D-nail thread

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Not everyday but at least once or twice a week. In between I do qtip with water. I thought maybe you were one of those guys who cleans his nail once a year or something. :rofl::tup:

1 week is about as often as I like to do it lol. I do self cleaning at 900-1000F then have to clean up the burned off residue, it's a long process and I have to vape flowers in another device which I don't prefer!

psychonaut,
Reactions: JCat

Likes2vape

1 week is about as often as I like to do it lol. I do self cleaning at 900-1000F then have to clean up the burned off residue, it's a long process and I have to vape flowers in another device which I don't prefer!
I have the NVFP with coil cover. My preferred method of cleaning is to use a squirt bottle to squirt water into the dish and qtip dry. It usually takes 3-4 squirts the first time to get enough water in the dish to boil. I do this 2-3 times and finish with a wet/dry qtip swab. If you try this method be sure to put a towel down on the floor or you will end up with splatters of shit on the floor.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Not really, it's hard to discern if the heat retainer is a heat sink fin, but since I know the slim series base has 4 fins, I get it now. Thanks.

I still don't understand your cracking sic due to tight nut contradiction which you've ignored?

Nah you missed my not missing it ;)

Opinions and reviews, like the items and techniques we are giving opinions on and reviewing, evolve and change overtime. In my personal case whenever my opinion changes, for example as it has on the Halo in general as I mentioned before going from a hater to a staunch champion of its merits....as my experiences with things change. I try to note when it changes to a large degree though. Gotta stay accountable or its all word vomit.

edit, and by missing it I mean check my reply post again, I edited it almost immediately after posting

second edit, Ive never cracked a SIC, I cracked my saph Halo...if thats what you were thinking of

3rd edit, @psychonaut after reading your post right above this, Im pretty sure its because you favor rosins, IME every rosin Ive ever used on the SIC Halo, which has been many but not 100s of types, have been very hard to FULLY clean with just dry qtips (i never use wet qtips for on coil cleans) and almost every rosin leaves a slight sheen despite my efforts.......I still personally don't think you'd want that left on your nail but I do think I understand where you're coming from now

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have the NVFP with coil cover. My preferred method of cleaning is to use a squirt bottle to squirt water into the dish and qtip dry. It usually takes 3-4 squirts the first time to get enough water in the dish to boil. I do this 2-3 times and finish with a wet/dry qtip swab. If you try this method be sure to put a towel down on the floor or you will end up with splatters of shit on the floor.

I have a similar method but I dont do any water in the dish while it's hot, I'll give it a shot thanks for the tip! I usually get the white burned off residue off with ethanol after it's cooled down, then when I heat it back up it's all coal colored and new again.

biohacker

edit, and by missing it I mean check my reply post again, I edited it almost immediately after posting

Yeah man I just discovered that, which is why I deleted my post! :D Thanks for tagging me there!

I respect what you're saying, but the contradiction has nothing to do with opinion. You literally just stated that you never heard of a cracking sic dish, yet previously stated "many a cracked sic dish" in this thread. It's cool bro, we're all memory fogged stoners! :lol:

Happy to inject a little life into this thread! And thank you ALL for your support and help along my newbie e-nail path. Actually feels good to be on the other side for once!

I have a similar method but I dont do any water in the dish while it's hot, I'll give it a shot thanks for the tip!

From d-nail:

water will cause titanium to oxidize severely

biohacker

Thanks @psychonaut and I think we're similar, as we're both huge fans of rosin, which is all I use now. Curious though, do you just accept swabbing as "waste"? I mean, you're into low tempers and mentioned that it all doesn't get fully vaporized, so you just accept this small loss yeah?

And I guess i'll just have to accept cleaning frequently, although my rosin is super clean pressed using bags, i'm sure there will be plenty of residue.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@biohacker yes, but I only have theories and I feel like a lot of what doesn't get vaporized up in those dabs is not necessarily medicine, so that being said I get extremely medicated but I also am a macro doser in a lot of peoples eyes, I use about 0.3gr of flowers for a session and I'm trying to learn how to compare the amount of dabs in that much flower, I've been studding this a lot in my sessions. I believe brother @invertedisdead shared with me yuour method of weighing your actual dabs which I thought was genius and I started doing that I am just not 100% positive on my scale with micro measurements.

What I'm getting at is, I am high as fuck when I medicate and I dont even consider waste anything more than cleanup to prepare for the next flavor blast.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Yeah man I just discovered that, which is why I deleted my post! :D Thanks for tagging me there!

I respect what you're saying, but the contradiction has nothing to do with opinion. You literally just stated that you never heard of a cracking sic dish, yet previously stated "many a cracked sic dish" in this thread. It's cool bro, we're all memory fogged stoners! :lol:

Happy to inject a little life into this thread! And thank you ALL for your support and help along my newbie e-nail path. Actually feels good to be on the other side for once!

From d-nail:

water will cause titanium to oxidize severely

I went from foolishly, IMO, believing google and reddit in particular were solid sources for info and knowledge but as really its more like...well, unmoderated google results and reddit, and again, IMO, turned out to be filled with unaccountable conjecture, I disregarded the #metoocrackedsic posts and now base my views on posts here from people who have been around a bit and on my own and my numerous friends extensive experience. Again, not saying it can't happen, Im saying the amount of worry people attribute to it, is totally uncalled for.

At any rate, again, these are all just my views and opinions and if you feel Im contradictory, then disregard my posts in the future, just trying to help.

biohacker

I believe brother @invertedisdead shared with me yuour method of weighing your actual dabs which I thought was genius and I started doing that I am just not 100% positive on my scale with micro measurements.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fuzion-Tank-Professional-Digital-Scale/dp/B01M0A17RM

I love it! I have to keep track otherwise i'd be way over my .5g/day limit, which I feel is equivalent to about 2g of flower. But it's all so not a science, especially with different potencies of flower/rosin.

At any rate, again, these are all just my views and opinions and if you feel Im contradictory, then disregard my posts in the future, just trying to help.

And i've expressed how much I appreciate your help and posts on several occasions so please don't get the wrong impression here.

I just don't see how you could not see me call you out for that! :p

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
https://www.amazon.ca/Fuzion-Tank-Professional-Digital-Scale/dp/B01M0A17RM

I love it! I have to keep track otherwise i'd be way over my .5g/day limit, which I feel is equivalent to about 2g of flower. But it's all so not a science, especially with different potencies of flower/rosin.

Yeah, I've noticed we have similar med needs. I am about a half gram of rosin a day, was the same with BHO so I tend to think my rosin is coming out quite fire! I'm actually doing all this to prove the potency of rosin. I have 3 grams of tested wax to put up against the rosin, it'll all be anecdotal of course because they wont let us test home meds in Colorado =( We need GC/MS machines for home for cheap.

I have to give a lot of respect to old brother @herbivore21, dearly missed heavy handed knowledge bringer with one of the most pure intents I have seen amongst FC. @shredder also has contributed a lot to the low temp advantages. A lot of us are rolling similarly in our wants/needs, it's great to share results.

biohacker

@psychonaut i've been experimenting tonnes with rosin and recently sauces, live resins, live rosin, live resin hashes, distillates, etc. And definitely think that rosin is just as powerful if not more due to full spectrum. I also have a massive stash of rosin I squished from outdoor buds, which I thought wouldn't be very potent, but after a 48hr t-break even my weakest outdoor rosin blew me away! Not like straight to the sofa, but made me happy that it was still awesome rosin.

Does any D-nail SiC halo owner here also own a Herbalizer?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I am sitting on about 9 different strains right now all varying in potency according to lab tests, but they are also ranges of potency (i.e. 15.6% - 26.3%), and so far I have this 17% sage n sour flour that is absolutely crushing it medicine wise when compared to all others, I attribute a lot of this to the genetics and how it was grown (organic outdoor greenhouse from seeds) but a lot of it has to do with full spectrum. In fact, it is easy for me to get flowers and BHO from the caregiver to make direct comparisons however it's still so up in the air =( What if they are selling the colas and blasting the popcorn or vice versa.

I've heard people talk about rosin being less potent, and there may be something to it but I've seen some test results and they looked right up there with BHO waxes and shatters I've seen.

http://archive.analytical360.com/m/concentrates/509962

shredder

I am sitting on about 9 different strains right now all varying in potency according to lab tests, but they are also ranges of potency (i.e. 15.6% - 26.3%), and so far I have this 17% sage n sour flour that is absolutely crushing it medicine wise when compared to all others, I attribute a lot of this to the genetics and how it was grown (organic outdoor greenhouse from seeds) but a lot of it has to do with full spectrum. In fact, it is easy for me to get flowers and BHO from the caregiver to make direct comparisons however it's still so up in the air =( What if they are selling the colas and blasting the popcorn or vice versa.

I've heard people talk about rosin being less potent, and there may be something to it but I've seen some test results and they looked right up there with BHO waxes and shatters I've seen.

http://archive.analytical360.com/m/concentrates/509962

I think a lot of the effects of rosin are terpene related. And might explain why rosin works as good as higher thc concentrates. So yes, full spectrum!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I've heard that argument countless times, it's completely baseless. With potency approaching 80% THC+ there's a reason why premium rosin is the most expensive product on the cannabis market. $200 a gram here retail in Southern California for premium hash rosin.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've heard that argument countless times, it's completely baseless. With potency approaching 80% THC+ there's a reason why premium rosin is the most expensive product on the cannabis market. $200 a gram here retail in Southern California for premium hash rosin.

Part of me wonders if the introduction of the word "diamonds" to describe the THC-A crystals in some of these connoisseur rosin extracts may be influencing pricing :tinfoil: At those prices they're gonna push their customers into the DIY market!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Love the Brent Mydland :) Love the jams Jerry & Brent get into :)

That is my favorite Brent song, what a beautiful voice behind his trademark rasp!!! Dude had some serious soul, I can see why he and Jerry were so close, aside from the heroin. Not to go too far off topic, but I bet of Brent were alive today he would be enjoying some fine extracts on a dnail! :cool:

biohacker

$200 a gram here retail in Southern California for premium hash rosin.

That's insane! Here in Canada it's nearly the same, but only instead of rosin it's for those terp sauces, diamonds, etc. But shit, even those aren't $200/g! Madness.

Mailman just arrived! :rockon:

EDIT: OMFG!!!!! :mmmm::smug: YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown::rockon:

Last edited:

mixchu69

@psychonaut i've been experimenting tonnes with rosin and recently sauces, live resins, live rosin, live resin hashes, distillates, etc. And definitely think that rosin is just as powerful if not more due to full spectrum. I also have a massive stash of rosin I squished from outdoor buds, which I thought wouldn't be very potent, but after a 48hr t-break even my weakest outdoor rosin blew me away! Not like straight to the sofa, but made me happy that it was still awesome rosin.

Does any D-nail SiC halo owner here also own a Herbalizer?
I own both and have tried concentrates with the herbie using 2 liquid pads (concentrate sandwaiched between them). If you have any questions, let me know.

biohacker

I own both and have tried concentrates with the herbie using 2 liquid pads (concentrate sandwaiched between them). If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks bro, won't be necessary anymore ;) I have experienced the Herbie convection bags with concentrates, quite tasty!

This SiC Halo keeps impressing me more and more. It's by far my favourite way to consume my precious rosin ever. I'm experiencing flavours that I just never have before!

I called up d-nail with some questions and they actually pick up their phone and are super cool to chat with! They may even open an account here as they see some misinformation being spread so they do read the forum.

I've been having a blast so far, between 475 up to about 575 on my high5 omron lcd, just incredible flavour all around, super smooth - I mean zero irritation (unlike my convection dab experience), and heatup time under a minute!? This is my biggest cannabis wet dream come true, without question!

I pulled the q-tip out of the cap, since my dabber doesn't get hot if you hold it where it would make sense. I also never preheat it, as my high5 will only drop a few degrees and quickly bounce back making it a non-issue for me. The controller is incredible, super responsive after an autotune, and i'm hovering around 525-550 for temps across most strains so far, but I haven't tested that much because i've been so FLOORED! :D

I can't even fathom sapphire testing better! 4/20 sales fingers crossed for the halo insert + ti halo because I just gotta have it :brow:

Not sure what else there is to say, other than I need a good battery for on the go for the controller to take the best connoisseur level cannabis experience with off the grid!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks bro, won't be necessary anymore ;) I have experienced the Herbie convection bags with concentrates, quite tasty!

This SiC Halo keeps impressing me more and more. It's by far my favourite way to consume my precious rosin ever. I'm experiencing flavours that I just never have before!

I called up d-nail with some questions and they actually pick up their phone and are super cool to chat with! They may even open an account here as they see some misinformation being spread so they do read the forum.

I've been having a blast so far, between 475 up to about 575 on my high5 omron lcd, just incredible flavour all around, super smooth - I mean zero irritation (unlike my convection dab experience), and heatup time under a minute!? This is my biggest cannabis wet dream come true, without question!

I pulled the q-tip out of the cap, since my dabber doesn't get hot if you hold it where it would make sense. I also never preheat it, as my high5 will only drop a few degrees and quickly bounce back making it a non-issue for me. The controller is incredible, super responsive after an autotune, and i'm hovering around 525-550 for temps across most strains so far, but I haven't tested that much because i've been so FLOORED! :D

I can't even fathom sapphire testing better! 4/20 sales fingers crossed for the halo insert + ti halo because I just gotta have it :brow:

Not sure what else there is to say, other than I need a good battery for on the go for the controller to take the best connoisseur level cannabis experience with off the grid!

Love hearing this brother!! :cheers:

biohacker

Love hearing this brother!! :cheers:

Brother @herbivore21's posts pretty much sum it up how I feel about it all vs flowers, etc. Rosin is just so damn awesome! I can't get the flavour off my smacker for what seems like over 1/2hr or more sometimes!

I use this sick little glass poker tool from vriptech as a dabber AND the flat side is awesome to use to throttle the cap hole:

http://www.vriptech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GP

Now, is Costco the most cost efficient resource for q-tips? :D

Top Bottom