Gear D-nail thread

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Their sale picture clearly shows the carb caps, but they are not discounted......pretty weak 4/20 sales all around this year minus some pretty good bag discounts, kinda surprising to me as this year marks the largest increase in recreational patients ever

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dry swabbing, and I mean good swabbing, around and around with a fluffy qtip. The outer edge will not swab well without a wet qtip. Regular swabbing like this and the weekly/semi-weekly high temp (950-1000F) burn off should keep your nail clean on the cheaply. I've not tried dark crystal glass cleaner yet.

shredder

Picked up a new vape/dnail setup during the sales and waiting on dnail's SiC dish

Any suggestions on keeping sic clean besides lower temps/q tips? Is it recommended to use iso or something like dark crystal glass cleaner during cleaning?

Congrats on your purchase! I use three main methods to clean my sic halo. Right after a session, I swab it with a q tip, if I see anything after heavy use, I use a wet qtip to swab it out with. And once every couple months I turn up the controler to 900 degrees for a half hour or so.

I take the nail itself apart every couple weeks. The parts that screw together can get gunked up and they can stick together. If they do stick, then I dip the whole nail in iso, but that only happened once to me, and not since I started taking it apart and cleaning it more frequently.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Picked up a new vape/dnail setup during the sales and waiting on dnail's SiC dish

Any suggestions on keeping sic clean besides lower temps/q tips? Is it recommended to use iso or something like dark crystal glass cleaner during cleaning?

Even easier, keep the routine of 2 qtips per dab, with low temps and you should be fine for quite a while, then just soak it in some room temp distilled water for like 10 mins and its crazy how clean it'll get, no iso needed at all. If its really dirty, bust out the torch and blast it till its bright cherry red and it'll be 100% good as new.

biohacker

Great feedback thanks everyone! I'll be happy not have to baby it like quartz, can't wait for this new set up.

You have no idea..... such a breeze to maintain in comparison to quartz! I use 2 q-tips as well, and most of the time the 2nd one is wet, as a wet q-tip works so much better IME. I love how easy this vape is to maintain, and how quick it heats up!

I've noticed really black residue on the q-tip if my temps are ramped up too high for the strain (usually over 600f), so it's a nice gauge to keep the temps in check! Presently favouring around 510-540 for lower temps and 540-585 for more moderate temps.... just killing it!!!!! Have over an oz of several strains of rosin on their way from 4/20 sales, including some blueberry kush bombs (hash rosin):
https://greenz.ca/product/blueberry-kush-bombs-hash-rosin-solvent-free/ Stoked!

Now I can't get that sapphire hybrid insert off my mind.... would have already bought it if it fit in the sic halo and not only Ti!

biohacker

D-nail has extended their 420 sale till the end of the week!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCfE6AlXI9/

I noticed that too! With the SiC halo reg price at $100, I had a "backup" kit in my sights but it looks like they are out of stock in the 18mm base that I need. Still debating just grabbing another halo just for the heck of it for $60. I can't believe how easy and quickly they clean in just plain water!

Hash rosin is just :mmmm: on the SiC dish! That blueberry kush bomb is like shatter at room temp, never seen hash rosin like this before, and it's the strongest rosin i've experienced to date. Bitch to work with though! :lol:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hash rosin is just :mmmm: on the SiC dish! That blueberry kush bomb is like shatter at room temp, never seen hash rosin like this before, and it's the strongest rosin i've experienced to date. Bitch to work with though! :lol:

I havent even begun to work with hash rosin, I am not the best hash maker yet but always working to being better. Have you done any comparisons on hash rosin to flower rosin from the same cultivar on the SiC?

biohacker

Have you done any comparisons on hash rosin to flower rosin from the same cultivar on the SiC?

Yes, from Yaletown Flower Co. in Vancouver. That blueberry kush bomb is the only hash rosin i've had from them, everything else has been flower, and once I bought a wicked dry sift rosin from them which is basically hash rosin too? The difference is clear, although their flower rosin is insanely awesome too - hash rosin over flower rosin any day of the week for me.

All the other hash rosin has been from hashy hands... and it's just drool.

https://www.instagram.com/hashyhands/?hl=en

Also been experimenting with some 5'ish star bubble on the dish! Pretty cool watching it bubble and melt down, and an incredible vapour experience. You can really tell the quality in the different strains by how it melts and vapes up!

mixchu69

might be a lil off topic, but all the hash rosins (including dry sift rosins) are much cheaper than flower rosins in southern california dispensaries....i am wondering if they are using cheap hash...price difference is over 50%

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
might be a lil off topic, but all the hash rosins (including dry sift rosins) are much cheaper than flower rosins in southern california dispensaries....i am wondering if they are using cheap hash...price difference is over 50%

I get the impression a lot of places make hash rosin from trim.

Outside the ones that are really committed to quality hashing, like Candystripe, Hash House, Grape God, REZN, etc.

biohacker

@psychonaut I think perhaps you meant the exact same strain of flower vs hash rosin... so to answer that properly now that i'm at sea level, no I have not! Just the same company that makes both.... hash rosin is extremely rare in Canada! Flower rosin has been exploding here though.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut I think perhaps you meant the exact same strain of flower vs hash rosin... so to answer that properly now that i'm at sea level, no I have not! Just the same company that makes both.... hash rosin is extremely rare in Canada! Flower rosin has been exploding though here though.

Gotcha, yeah I am just looking for some direct comparisons before I throw a half ounce into my bags :lol: I am so content with the flavor of the flower rosin off the SiC I havent pursued it but perhaps I should, just for the experience and comparison too. Anyhow, I hope we didnt get too off topic, we are comparing flavor profiles on the SiC afterall :D

biohacker

@psychonaut if you haven't already - def watch the Hashchurch 2.0 on Rosin!

It's not just the flavour, the vapour is much smoother as well. It's just a sublime experience overall, the holy grail really.... full melt full spectrum heaven! I think the taste and experience is just "cleaner".

I'd love to have a sapphire dish right now (out of stock)! I was thinking of that insert hybrid but doesn't the Ti walls of the halo kinda defeat the purpose?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've hit flower, kief, flower rosin, and hash rosin, from the same strain, from the same grow, from the same plant, off the same device.

In my limited experience comparing full circle, the flower rosin tends to have more flavor, with the hash being more potent. Haven't noticed much smoothness difference between the two.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Awesome, how long do you torch it for? And how long does it maintain heat? Just enough for a few hits?

I just have a small (5.5") Newport single flame that seems to have lost it's punch.
Come to think about it though I've never cleaned it and have only used cheap x5 distilled butane so maybe that's the issue.
Anyway, ~90secs with a 15 sec cool with that torch.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I just have a small (5.5") Newport single flame that seems to have lost it's punch.
Come to think about it though I've never cleaned it and have only used cheap x5 distilled butane so maybe that's the issue.

Do you have the washer under the dish or just joint > slim body > dish > nut?

Dnail has torch temp/time charts on their science page but their times seem a bit off too me and they also say a dish temp of <500 is too low to "properly" vaporize materials, which is silly.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Damn that's a wild torch time? I torch quartz for 30 seconds and have to cool down for at least 60.

Or does that torch only heat one part of the nail at a time?

Top Bottom