Customized vape setups

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
<---- Jealous. :D

Can you take some closeups of the waffle? Bubblicious!

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
NoSMoke - I had it at 3 hash marks dialed back from the maximum. I also packed an extra fat bowl from demo purposes but that was amongst some of the thickest vapor hits I have taken thus far. It was also a good time of day where there was ample lighting so that definitely helped the video

Vtac - these aren't my pics but they are better pictures of the waffle than I could take
picture013Medium.jpg

picture016Medium.jpg

picture017Medium.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Jedu

Sick bubbler Stonemonkey, crazy bubbles! Do you like it better than your Jagito? Im trying to decide on a portable piece for my vhw and have narrowed it down to a sgw circulator bubbler, sgw waffle bubbler, or the Jagito (main advantage being its ability to have some great diffusion despite its small size).

Jedu,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
when I look in the mirror and try to make them both percolate as much as possible, the waffle out bubbles the hops jagito. I love the jagito for it's small size and the punch that it packs but right now, I can't get enough of the waffle. Once the newness factor wears off, I see myself using the jagito more, but on the days I want to take bigger rips, then I'll be using the waffle bub.

I heard SGW is making a Nano Waffle, that would be really cool.

I'm actually getting accustomed to the size now, but it's big enough where I don't want to transport it out of the house.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Holy crap monkey that's some crazy thick vapor!!! I love how the water looks frothy it's being bounced around soo much. Friggin awesome.

Now this nano waffle. Is it just a mini waffle or what???

minnesnowta,

Jedu

stonemonkey55 said:
when I look in the mirror and try to make them both percolate as much as possible, the waffle out bubbles the hops jagito. I love the jagito for it's small size and the punch that it packs but right now, I can't get enough of the waffle. Once the newness factor wears off, I see myself using the jagito more, but on the days I want to take bigger rips, then I'll be using the waffle bub.
Okay that helps a lot, thanks.

Jedu,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
That waffle does look sick! :o

I have not yet had an opportunity to try one yet.

The Jagito is nice, but it does seem like the waffle stacks bubbles higher (I wonder why the waffle is not pointed downwards???).

However, which one seems to most forcefully stir and stretch the individual air bubbles? (my vote, from what I know, is for the Jagito).

However, the beautiful stacking of the bubbles that the waffle seems to be capable of is great for releasing all of the vapor evenly into the tube and preventing it from mixing with the air above more than necessary.

I personally have been digging the performance of the shower head a bit more than the inline (the cross action of the slits through which the bubbles are released and the proximity to the bottom of the piece make the bubbles forcefully stretch and smash each other on the way up).

IMO, well organized tiny beads (sometimes with larger ones) in the water trump inlines, waffles, showerheads, trees, domes, discs, etc. (in both performance and price). Stack more or stretch more, then change your mind and reorganize the beads for a whole new piece.

Glad you're digging your new pieces, SM.

Waffles and Turkey!!! Can anyone think of a better appetizer? :brow:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress, good to hear from you. I finallygot around to getting some beads and you are 100% correct that it will out diffuse these percs and the mos economical wAy to extreme diffusion.

I took another video of the bubbler to give you a closer look at just the the bubbles stacking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHDTe-T3Os&sns=em

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Prog-I think the waffle is facing up due to the opening on the end. Preston left it open so the tube clears nice and quick. I would think having the waffle facing upwards would mean less drag as well, but I can't really say as I've never hit one.

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Preston tested different ways of placement and up facing was the best diffusion. If you think about it the bubbles would try to come out the side and not use all the holes. I didnt think there was a hole on the end either. In the pics above it looks like the one side is the fixed stem and the other is where he fuses it to the other side.
That heater cover is completly custom. He hasn't leaked much on it because he doesn't want the blower to get flooded with requests. Great idea but probaly craaaaaazy expensive. Hes got his own custom bowls as well.

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Oh, is it not open? I thought Preston left it open. IDK, I'm still fucking getting one, just sold my Toro! Gonna pick up a small inline bubbler for my oil rig first and then waffffles for azn!

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I didn't think so but I could be completly wrong being I haven't seen one in person. Either way it's amazing.

I still got some glass beads that need to be tested. 5 hole diffy just doesn't so enough for me. I'm goin through heat wand withdrawls. It's been over two weeks. :(

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
You're right, it doesn't look open at all... Have no idea where I got that from lol. Leggo my eggo... Need... Waffles...

aznfknpride,

Glass Vape Head

Manufacturer
Hey stonemonkey, that waffle diffuser looks like fun. The new Vape and bowl design interface looks Familiar...
Hopefully Macoy Learns to give props where props are due!!
If anyone wants a heady version of the VHW, I'd be happy to make a few.

Glass Vape Head,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I would totally love to see some worked VHW covers.

McCoy will definitely give credit where credit is due as he has numerous times said that the hot glass vape is what inspired the VHW to begin with but unfortunately, neither this heat cover or bowl attachment was made by Vriptech.

These pieces were created roughly a year ago by a blower who would like to remain anonymous. The one caveat that I tell everyone is the fact that this gong heater cover does not contain marias (the 5 rings around the heating element) so it does not retain heat as well and requires slow/medium speed draws otherwise, the temp drops very quickly due to it's short heat path.

Also, if you like to clear your bowl after every hit, the multiple gong connections make it a bit clunkier than the standard VHW setup. Just wanted to give people some clarity on the situation with some pros and cons of each heater cover.

Waffles and turkeys or turkey n waffles, this combo made for a very Happy Thanksgiving...

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
So i figured i needed to get a new pic up of the migrant and the beads i got and got to test rigorously this weekend. Fitted with the BM bowl of course
IMG_0052-1.jpg

The beads are from stones diffusion and they helped a ton with the chug that this had and actually made the whole bong more balanced with the extra weight in the bottom. The beads actually move while your hitting it which i kind of liked the concept of. Seems like it would break up bubbles more if they're vibrating back and forth on eachother. I do however want to still pick up a diffy so i can watch the bubbles happen. I find it very entertaining to watch it when Im blazed. It doesnt seem to be a whole lot smoother but didnt think it would hurt to try.

There were a couple things about the company i wasnt too fond of with shipping times and info. And they were bigger than i thought theyd be. So big infact they wont go past my ice pinches but not much will since all 3 touch. So i had to fill the bottom then jiggle the diffy in which i didnt like much but i can flip it upside down to drain all the water and nothing comes out.

Im gonna wait and see how the next version of the BM bowls turn out and may upgrade to an 18 and get myself a showerhead. Maybe a gridline just because i love the looks of the gridded-ness. I just need something with more than 4 holes. just doesnt cut it anymore.

I got in line today for V3 of Kableys TI nail. Cant friggin wait. Now i just gotta get ahold of trikky again. I wish he was easier to contact. Id like to have the dome before the nail....
:peace:

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I was gonna pick up a worked dome and one of kabley's new nails as well.. Damn, gotta sell some shit now hahaha.

Beaker looks real nice man.. I got some new shit on the way, still waiting for my VG circ :/

SM55-greenerdeaner is selling his VG circ, it's kinda taxed though... Still waiting on confirmation on the "other side", nothing yet :shrug:

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup change in plans though. Trikky made me think he was gonna be back this week Which isn't the case. So I'm gonna get dosa to do it instead. He's 50 bucks cheaper so I'm kinda happy this happened. Plus he seems to be much easier to get ahold of.

Kableys got a month list but vs 3.0 looks awefully sick. He sent me pctures of the progression and it made me appreciate it even more. Plus this is all done by hand on a lathe. No cnc involved so it makes it that much more personal.

Didn't you order that circ awhile ago?? I like how big VG makes his. Alot like Preston. As big as he can cram in there he'll put it in.

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Well you won't be disappointed with Dosa's work... My curve is sick as fuck, I love it.

One month huh? My ti tipped nail works well enough, maybe I'll snag one later. I did order the circ a while ago.. I want my circ.

aznfknpride,

Durden

I am Jack's title
This is the setup I use the most frequently, the extreme to glass.
The one on the left is a roor.us that I've had for a long time now, and the other one is a SG mini inverted 4 arm that I just got a few days ago. They are both great tubes though I prefer the smaller SG for vaping simply because it is smaller, being both a little shorter and having a narrower bore.

Durden,

shredsnowvapeherb

woah, where'd you get that elbow? Any better pics of it? ... and how thick of a vape do you get from that setup?

shredsnowvapeherb,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Yup its a roor, I'll take some more pictures of the label etc. when I clean it up tomorrow. They made these around 2004 and I picked it up from a shop in LA that sells a lot of roor products. You're not the first person with that reaction though heh.

The elbow (1 of 2) is a random local blower and it was a lucky find. I went into the head shop near my house the day I got my extreme and they had it there in a case with some other vaporizers. They had no idea where they had gotten them from, and I've checked dozens of local shops looking for more without any success. I really like clear domes though if your looking for one, the rings on the tube attachment section should make it a lot easier to do maintenance or use a thicker tube.

And oh yeah, I get very thick vape out of this setup. :D I think the extra space in the elbow helps based on my comparisons to the stock elbow, but I would need to test some more elbows to be able to tell definitively. I've heard that people use dry ashcatchers on their pieces for smoking to get extra volume pre filtration and they say it works well so I think it's similar.

Durden,
Top Bottom