Customized vape setups

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Pappy said:
More fun than golf... Thanks! :)
Pappy,
You'll be happy to know that golf+glass is even better. We took my the new LW for a spin at the club yesterday. I made a safe nest using my wood covers in the cart. We probably fired it up on every third hole or so. Golf + Glass + Herb = :)

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Pappy said:
More fun than golf... Thanks! :)
Pappy,
You'll be happy to know that golf+glass is even better. We took my the new LW for a spin at the club yesterday. I made a safe nest using my wood covers in the cart. We probably fired it up on every third hole or so. Golf + Glass + Herb = :)
LOL :D

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Stu what vape do u use during golfing, supreme?

Also I hate to be a major buzz kill, especially when so many people like them, but I just can't seem to like those philpots. Could see the wee ones being kinda fun to rip now and then, but I just don't like the look of them and quite honestly I don't think that big one would be that great functionally. Maybe pappy u can post a vid to sway my opinion. Sorry guys but just putting my :2c: out thar

U ever get that laceface fixed?

Mr. Smoke No More,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
hey guys hope you can help me out. thinking of grabbing a new piece, i'm currently looking at a mobius ion matrix or the mobius stereo matrix. which one would be better for vapor?

ilovebOObs,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Bouldorado said:
Also @ p v, it's not actually logo-less, that picture manages to almost completely hide it.

That piece is so classy though! Normally when I see SGW stuff they have their logo thrown randomly somewhere on the can, and I never like it. It often looks rushed and not well thought out at all. That placement is perfect, it's tasteful and organized and the piece in general looks clean and well done. I would snag that piece in a heartbeat Bouldorado so yeah, nice pick up. Thanks for the video as well: the gear perc hits pretty much exactly the way I was expecting and it looks like a great amount of diffusion for oils or vapor (IMO at least)!

@SkollIstKrieg thanks for the input, and I think I'm in agreement. I recently had the opportunity to try my Matrix and Reti side by side with some of the same oil, and while the Matrix was a little too much diffusion still (for me), I did like the way it hit with the oil better than the Reti (the purr vs. the glug). The Reti is definitely perfect for vapor though :2c: I find I get way more taste running the same vapors through the Reti vs. the Matrix, and the chugginess of the Reti actually helps produce vapor (IME, and I'm sure others would argue + I'm sure it's dependant on the actual vaporizer you're using). So I'm thinking the Matrix is going to become a dedicated oiler and the Reti a dedicated vapor unit! Also...dude...I would LOVE to see cIRclE HTs!!! That's awesome. Probably a pipe dream but hey who knows, Mobius is definitely based out of Cali so maybe they're on the radar for VXC??? Here's hoping! I have yet to try a Mobius Zero Drag perc and I'd really like to some day :brow: Been looking at picking up a Zero Drag Nano but it's still a little big for my liking. Plus you're totally right; to make an HT they'd basically just need to make a nano tube with some type of joint instead of the beaker bottom. Too cool!

@Pappy: I feel like I've seen those pieces before... :p Haha seriously though that is some sick glass. I really like most of the Philpots I've seen (oilers especially) and those slightly worked/tinted glass accents are really tasteful IMO.

@Mr. Smoke No More: Isn't that one of the great things about glass though? It's like art or music or any other passion in a way...everyone has their own preferences and opinions, and the fact that there is a lot of variety on offer is a good thing! Not every piece will be for every person for sure, but likely there is someone who will appreciate it. That being said there is definitely some science involved and some pieces will simply function better than others. I will say I think you may be right about the performance of the large Philpot...seems like you'd need to hit it pretty hard to really get the thing chugging. Keep in mind it may not be as big as it looks in that pic though. Most of the Philpots I've seen are beyond small and pictures can be deceptive. I would also love to see a video, simply because you don't see many videos featuring Philpot's work! Also Pappy makes great videos, so why not :lol: What say you Pappy?

ilovebOObs said:
hey guys hope you can help me out. thinking of grabbing a new piece, i'm currently looking at a mobius ion matrix or the mobius stereo matrix. which one would be better for vapor?

You may want to look into this a little further...as the Ion Matrix and the Stereo Matrix are very, very different things. They have the same percs yes but the Ion volume is way smaller, the actual size of the Matrix perc in the Ion is smaller than regular Matrix percs (It's about half the size) and the Stereo is a DOUBLE Matrix, as the name implies. So by these calculations, and presuming you were actually able to use the percs at 100% functionality (ie. getting all the holes to diffuse vapor, which you almost certainly will not be able to do) the Stereo Matrix offers approximately 4 times the diffusion offered by the Ion. As Pappy suggested, the Stereo is a lot more pipe than the Ion... IMO the Ion Matrix is good for vapor but has almost too much diffusion (keeping in mind that my personal opinion is less diffusion for vapor is a good thing). I think that the Stereo Matrix would probably be overkill for everyday vaping, both in the total volume of the piece and the amount of diffusion provided :2c:

partially veiled,

Bon Dog

lol i used to have the same bong as the OP lol... sorry i just got a flood of memories :lol:

Bon Dog,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
So i've really wanted a stemless tube and I love the matrix perc and stereo matrix percs...

may be a lliiiiitttle overkill but I think its gunna look beautiful :)
my first stemless tube now the wait is gunna be killing me!

alt_12-20-11-392.jpg

:ko:

popped up on Aqua lab tonight along with 3-4 other great mobius pieces. get em while they're hot.

there was a nice shower-matrix for 385 out of stock that I prolly would have gotten before this one but I just said fuck it :p

MarcellusWiley,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
After looking at some of those close-ups on ALT I should amend what I said above regarding the Ion Matrix vs. the Stereo Matrix percs. The Stereo Matrix is different than the Ion Matrix in a few ways that I didn't realize before. There seems to be a lot of innovation and variance between the same percs in different tube/bub styles and sizes with Mobius. I've never seen a shot of the Stereo Matrix from the top, and it looks like it will function different than the one in say a bubbler or one of Mobius "Atmosphere" series tubes. It looks like the Stereo Matrix is a doubled up version of the top half of the Matrix perc in the Shower Matrix. Finally it looks like the difference I quoted between the perc sizes is off: the Matrix percs in Mobius tubes are about double the size of the ones in the Ion, but the Stereo Matrix looks like the individual percs might actually be the same size as the Ion Matrix percs (although of a different design and presumably different fuction). Man...Mobius is not making it easy are they? Anyway I hope you enjoy the tube MarcellusWiley, I'm sure you're going to be impressed by the craftsmanship. Top shelf pick up for sure :tup:

partially veiled,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I saw a video of a guy doing a dab with the same tube as that one, it made it look a lot more "compact" than in that picture, which is what sold me on it!

when he picks it up at the end with one hand it looks pretty comfortable to hold. im a fan of tubes over bubblers so thats why I bit the bullet on this one instead of the clear reti perc bubbler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwitkCrl6A

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
I wish i had time to upload pictures right now, but I own both of the matrices (is that a word???) in question... Edit(I decided to add pics after typing since they were already uploaded)

Yeah, like everyone mentioned they are in different worlds; they do share the same super smooth pull. I would not part with either of them, as each has a place in my quiver so to speak. The bubbler is perfect for my Heat Island and big one hitters; if I am in the mood to taste and not medicate, I pull the bubbler out. Not to say it is less effective by any means, but with the hotter, thicker vapor I normally prefer when I am really hurting; I personally find more diffusion useful in preventing a prematurely sore throat or lung irritation before desired pain level is reached.

When I need to have pain relief twelve hours ago, I pull out the Stereo and really enjoy the bubbles stacking to the top of the can; very similar to what the bubbler does, but with more than twice the volume. I would conservatively estimate the stereo to be roughly the size of maybe three of the Ion series Matrix percs. Each side of my Stereo Matrix appears thicker than the Ion Matrix; but until I measure don't take that as fact. I should add, I noticed at least four or five distinct variations of the stemless Stereo Matrix when I purchased mine. The store had versions that were closer to 14"-16", as well as a couple of worked pieces like mine which were smaller. Not to mention direct inject versions and I'm pretty sure I saw one with the neck coming out of the back of the can as well. Some shared the Stemless 60t limited edition sand blasting and some had much less. They all looked like they would retain the same smooth feel and excellent to absurd levels of diffusion.

In my opinion, I need them both as I am currently fortunate enough to have more than one vaporizer; while not a mandate, I definitely find a significant benefit from exploiting each pieces strengths and avoiding any weaknesses I may encounter.

While this is sort of a weak justification for my excess; I do find this glass stuff much more enjoyable and cost effective than golf. ;)

I have lots of pictures that need to become few and a graph to make before I get pics up... For now here is a peak...
deficirbinereportingfor.jpg

deficirbinesidesandblas.jpg

and an already posted pic with my Stereo and a ruler for fun.
stemless60tstereomatrix.jpg

Have a good night all...
H

Ville23

ilovebOObs said:
I just love my new Mobius Ion Matrix! Such a great size for vape and the smoothest & tastiest hit I've ever had.
I've been using a balloon HG setup for a few years but now this Moby with a VripMaster is a whole new level!
Truly amazing what a difference it is!
My only real complaint about it is trying to keep it clean. I am pretty crazy about keeping glass sparkling clean but even after a good day of vaping, I'm surprised how cloudy it looks. Lemon juice does seem to help a bit. I can't imagine how these would look if you smoked out them.
A little GO soak is all it takes to make her shiny beautiful again :brow:
This is the first glass piece I've ever had and I bought it in anticipation for the lovely Cloud!
After seeing a sweet vid with SM55 hitting this Moby + VXC, now I have no doubt that they will be great together...
Can't wait to introduce them :cool:

Ville23,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
HI there, long time no post but I'm diving under a ton of workload actually...

BUt I was intrigued by Kush Scientific new brand... had a very good contact with Chris and decided to have the oil setting I was dreaming of...
I went for theire Myte puck micro bubbler, AN DAMN I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE:
shape, functionality, bubble stacking, splash-free, so micro, easy to wash...HOMERUN!
3qBBr.jpg

S5WDV.jpg

Lf0x4.jpg

Now I have 18 mm & 14 mm drip globe settings with quartz, Ti, and glass nails to choose + a few glass dabbers! Chris was really nice and hooked me up with 10% discount!

:cool:

Bouldorado

I didn't know dremel made torches. how do you like it? I'm looking to upgrade the little bernzo i have. sick piece too, be cool to get a milkvid sometime.

Bouldorado,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Gonzo: I wrote a mail to kush scientific, through Chico Kush custom request form, as I loed the looks of the puckolator but wanted a small custom oil rig.
Chris answered me ASAP and showed me the myte pucklines he had on stock but not on the site. Now you can see a few (I think the ones left one the site are bigger or more complex):
http://www.chicokush.com/brands/Kush-Scientific.html?page=2&sort=featured
As I wanted a clean glass, simple one it was 300 bux -10% discount I got from Chris!

@Bouldorado, yes this torch is just the BOMB...Usual Dremel quality for 40 euros, and it comes with a full case of accessories for soldering/cutting etc... I'm so in love with it I did a post here:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=172498#p172498 ;)

FLskwat,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thanks for the help deciding guys, but something came up so I will have to wait a few more weeks :( so that buys me more time to decide, will prolly got with the smaller pieces but now it down to matrix or reti :/

ilovebOObs,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, it looks like I'm joining the higher-end glass club.
Last night I caved and picked up the mobius clear reti bubbler from ALT, and I might be picking up a LW 15 arm bub from the classefieds section too.

:D

I'll be sure to add some pics once my new toys arrive.

Does anyone know the approx shipping time to Australia from ALT?
It's priority international with USPS, so I'm hoping not too long.

(and I just got a notice that my LSV is on its way back to me. So I'll have a nice time breaking everything in in a week or so :brow: )

Frederick McGuire,

SlideOrDie

Here's a shot of my setup on my bedside table, I've also got a Ti skillet that isn't pictured which is what I use most for dabbing :)

SYN double full size shower head + EQ

AgqzQhzCIAA3da9.jpg

SlideOrDie,
Top Bottom