Customized vape setups

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Well, yea- I hate labels. I made an exception for my Toro and my Medicali, but those both have very small, classy labels. That's why I hate Roor- huge ugly label (and overpriced).

I probably would have liked the Vertigo, but it was a stupid impulse buy. I mean, I just didn't LOVE it enough, so I decided if I could cancel the order, then I would. Plus I always listen to what Pappy says ;)

Now, what I really want is some type of wall- mounted display case! My stuff lives in my basement office/grow area, and I'd like to protect it more and not have just sitting on an exposed shelf. Since I have quite a bit invested in glass, I think it makes sense. Any ideas? :brow:
Never owned or used Vertigo so I reserve judgment. But of all the stupid, ugly, logos in the glass game, I care for Vertigo's the least. Liesure is close second. Don't even get me started on Unbroken Glass! :lol:
@ Skoll > Got all the makings of a dab session but I just keep on vaping. Was almost gonna dab today but I don't wanna fuck up my glass with reclaim. And suppose I burn myself, LOL!

Pappy,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I got my new Vertigo glass and I must say I am extremely happy with it! Time for some new family shots for this thread as my collection has evolved a lot in recent times.

psyshaman,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
DO IT!!!!! And fasten your seat belt
:)
6432886509_c2edca67df_b.jpg

Pappy,

SkollIstKrieg

@ Pappy - I'll agree, reclaim dirties up nice glass uber quick. However, since getting my Macro, I haven't used any other piece for dabs and I rarely have to clean them now. Id say you could probably devote one of those pretty pieces to a good oil sesh :brow:

SkollIstKrieg,

Nycdeisel

I think you can get the downstem at a better angle with a straight tube, it might also be a bit easier to work with considering the way the pd will need to be held

Nycdeisel,

Bouldorado

runner said:
Planning on getting a small tube to hook up to my future PD. Been considering the EHLE 250ml, specifically the bent-tube. Can anyone comment on +/- of a bent-tube vs. straight?

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...lear_Cylinder_Bong__250ml.cfm?iProductID=5917

bent neck will be easier to hit sitting back, though both have an angled downstem, so it won't make much of a difference. personally I'd go w/ the bent neck, since my current tube (stemless showerhead) requires a position close to vertical to hit, meaning you can't lay back and hit it. pretty minor issue, but enough to make me want a bent-neck, or at least a tube that can be hit at an angle.

Bouldorado,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Nice NYCD!

Santa's coming early... Tree to circ ain't in house yet, but Mad Rob is making matching slide and wez detouring North Pole. :D
6454886589_754429d429_o.jpg

6454889351_da51ea0a23_b.jpg

6454888009_6a406fdeb7_z.jpg

Pappy,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
Pappy, that is an awesome piece; as always! Nice Headford Nycdiesel! I'm glad I took my inline ash catcher out for the photo session, not as nice as your Headford, but I thought it was cool enough I had to have it despite the size.

Here are some pictures as promised; although my Nano, second ILL-G showerhead 18mm flushmount bubbler, ILL-G direct Inject bubbler, and HVY 14" inline were not here when my wife took pics last week. Which brings me to my excuse for taking so long; she shoots in .raw and I have no idea how to use photoshop well enough to even get the pictures downsized for upload. Anyways, I finally got some uploaded to Imageshack, please excuse the poor background and lack of any editing or proper lighting...

tripleudomeperc.jpg

tripleuillgvertigo.jpg

tripleudomeperc.jpg

hisitripleupercshot.jpg

inline6treedomeashcatch.jpg

hisitripleu.jpg

illgdownstemout.jpg

illgcloseup.jpg

illgfrontlabel.jpg

illgside.jpg

vertigo6550miniinlineto.jpg

vertigo6550washcatcher.jpg

illuzionpurpleminivapor.jpg

bentneck12.jpg

slidesl.jpg

OK, more tonight or tomorrow when I use my camera to take pictures I can actually use :)

3rd EDIT: Well, I've tried seven different ways and I can't seem to get more than one pic to show... If they don't work this try, I'll have to leave this for later, sorry all.

Canna Hound,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
NYC... I didn't think I would really like my layback inline, but it's awesome! It's similar to yours, but made locally. Something cool about a small handheld Bub!

Stu... How nice of you to post Canna's photos!

Canna... You got a lot of glass!

I am looking for another addition, but I'm pissed at ALT, they charged me 10% fee when I canceled my last order. I really wish there was another really good place for nice glass...

Tstat,

Canna Hound

Stu- thank you for the help... I feel like an idiot; would you be able to explain what I was doing wrong? I followed the instructions and the first picture loaded; but I used the same method for the rest and ended up with just the links above? Thanks again

Tstat-
I really love my Vertigo mini 65/50mm Inline to Showerhead I picked up during the ALT sale. Between the Vertigo pictured above and my Mobius Nano w/ Matrix I received Friday; I feel like I need to have a couple more pieces from both of these lines; with the Mobius bubblers at the top of my list...
As for Vertigo, I am trying to resist buying the 50/50mm version of the Vertigo piece above or the 65mm mini inline w/bent neck to use as my oil rig; since I apparently did not correctly add the ALT brand showerhead direct inject w/nail to the order I swear I did, my quest for an oil rig continues...

As far as ALT; I feel like their customer service is not always on par with the prices they charge. Sometimes, but not always.... Of five orders, I only had customer service issues with one; not a bad average.

So now for my next purchase, does anyone have experience with the HMK or ALT Ti curves? I like the look of ALT's over the HMK Curves I have seen, but that is just looks; any difference?
How do the curves compare to Ti nails in terms of ease of use and set-up time? Any recommended glass for the curves? Finally, out of curiosity, would placing a drop of oil on the nail and touching with my Hakko soldering station(with new stainless tip) be an effective method to vaporize oil? Just a thought?

ok... My last two ALT boxes from the sale arrived tonight, now I am waiting on my newly ordered Oracle; so pictures sooner than later now that I have an Imageshack account and my camera charged. Any advice on good background colors/types to get the best pictures? I feel like my work shop is not the best photo studio.

later
H

Canna Hound,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hound,
The way I posted your pics was by clicking on the link of each picture, copying the entire url, and then clicking the picture icon here in FC. You then just paste the url into the dialog box and viola.

Nice glass, btw. If you're serious about the oil, you should look into the smaller Toro pieces. I'd also go HMK over ALT, but that's based on reputation alone as I have tried neither.

:peace:

Stu,

Canna Hound

Stu- Thank you very much for the explanation... I was using the Direct link box on Image shack for the direct link code... I will just copy the url in my browser for each picture from now on.
Thanks again

As for the Curve; I noticed an old thread popped up regarding curves in the discussion forum. I just finished and I am more confused now than before...

I am off to the shop to take a few nail hits and see if I have developed a better technique...
The Curve just looks a little more elegant in terms of the amount of hot parts to handle.

Look for better pics soon. I really don't like the way the pics turned out; I need to find a location with more room, more light, and free space.

later
H

Canna Hound,

Nycdeisel

thanks pappy.
tstat: yup i was not sure how comfortable i would be using it as i had never had an inline bubbler or such a small water piece, but i really love it its very nice to use and it gives clean diffusion and allows good taste.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom