Customized vape setups

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Well my bubblers arrived Thursday, but I'm unsatisfied with the condition of my vertigo showerhead bub. There are white hotspots/imperfections on the tube and the gg joint and the joint is marked to shit. It looks like Preston made the showerhead itself (which is so sexy) and some guy on his first day assembled it. It's killing me with it sitting here and not being able to use it but I think I gotta send it back. This situation is new to me so I was just wondering what the normal protocol for handling this kinda thing was. In the process of taking some decent pics that show the blemishes.
Edit: double posted by accident, sent from my android. Mods please delete my first post

Mr. Smoke No More,

Bouldorado

my latest vape. I think I might actually prefer this to an oil dome

P1000634.JPG

Bouldorado,

aero18

vaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Well my bubblers arrived Thursday, but I'm unsatisfied with the condition of my vertigo showerhead bub. There are white hotspots/imperfections on the tube and the gg joint and the joint is marked to shit. It looks like Preston made the showerhead itself (which is so sexy) and some guy on his first day assembled it. It's killing me with it sitting here and not being able to use it but I think I gotta send it back. This situation is new to me so I was just wondering what the normal protocol for handling this kinda thing was. In the process of taking some decent pics that show the blemishes.
Edit: double posted by accident, sent from my android. Mods please delete my first post

If you ordered from ALT, then you should call/email them and they will ask you to send the piece over. You have to pay shipping, although I think they will reimburse you for the shipping if it arrives and they agree with you that the piece was not up to par. I had no hassles with ALT whatsoever when I had to return a tube that had many imperfections and surface scratches.

aero18,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
What a drag, Mr. S! ALT will make amends but OOB experience is down tubes... Rodney is pleasant to deal with @ ALT. For the record, Preston is SGW and Vertigo is, well, Vertigo. You're not the first person who has raved and/or complained about Vertigo's quality and consistency. A member on FC has been waiting on his Vertigo custom for like 2 years now, LOL! And he paid! :roll eyes:

SSFG Worked Showerhead to Tree by Ray Verling

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, I promised some photos. Here are my last 3 purchases:

First is the Medicali. I bought this from my fave LHS:

img3301n.jpg

img3303b.jpg

Next is the Migrant Triple Disk:
img3304d.jpg

img3305x.jpg

And finally, the Mobius:
img3307mv.jpg

img3307mv.jpg

img3308l.jpg

img3310a.jpg

All 3 together:
img3311m.jpg

The collection:
img3312p.jpg

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks... and I really mean that. Several of those have something directly or indirectly to do with you. Please excuse the dusty table- it is in my "workshop" which we just equipped with one of those 6 tier pop-up dryers. So, basically there is big mess down there now.

I made the mistake of letting my wife come down there this weekend. I figured she would be shocked by the huge drying racks, but she was more shocked at how much glass I have collected in a relatively short time. Needless to say I won't be squeezing another "Black Friday Sale" out of her. I did try, though!

So, yea thanks for making me (or at least contributing) a glass addict, Pappy. And like I tell the wife, better to be THAT kind of glass addict ;)

Pappy

shmaporist
^ My pleasure~! We're all in the same boat, some closer to the helm. I caught my glass fever from Stone Monkey. And I know someone who claims SM caught his from him. Fun hobby... At least we're not into drugs! :p

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks! Anyone buy anything on sale besides from ALT? Just wondering if anyone else is running a good Cyber Monday sale...

Yea, I pretty much trying to squeeze one more sale item in! Shit, I'm bad...maybe something less expensive, even. LOL.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, the ALT sale ends tonight, so I am thinking of this one:
alt-6-22-11-198.jpg

I know MSNM didn't like his, but I might take a chance on it...

Tstat,

aero18

vaporist
Tstat, I see no Sovereignty in your collection!

Here is a pic of my SGW showerhead downstem.

migrant3of1.jpg

aero18,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Lol, I bought it! Now I'm done, the sale is over and I can go back to normal life (such that it is)...

Tstat,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
Tstat, I am glad you scored the Medium Bubbler! I am in love with the 14" Relax Showerhead bubbler I bought yesterday. I can't put it down!!!

I only had two pieces one month ago, now I have 9ish? If all my problems in life were this nice!

Sorry for screwing up the photo session. So I get about twenty pictures in and both my camera batteries die in succession. Of course no charger until I get home from work, but at least I'll have a couple more pieces to take pictures of...

I think it's going to cost me a new 1D for the wife if I want to add anything to my new collection.
Here is my list from ten days of shopping for my new glass addiction: to accompany my Mobius Nano w/Matrix and Vertigo 65/50mm Mini-Inline to Showerhead(awesome piece, has been my go to since it arrived last friday), I had to also order a Mbius Ion Reti Perc Bubbler(I really wanted "Clear" Bub w/Matrix;but no stock), two Vertigo showerhead ash catchers, plus a Aqua Lab Mini Showerhead Vapor Tube(+titanium adj nail+side load dome, of course some Dabbers and just a plain dish; I needed an oil rig, right? Oh, it wouldn't be so bad if I stopped with the Hvy 14"inline tube; but I stopped by my favorite Head Shop, and scored an awesome deal on the HiSi Triple U-Perk beaker I have been eyeing for the past month, plus a little 14mm 3tree ash catcher. And finally, one of my new favorites a Relax"upgrade series"Bubbler w removable 24mm(?) Showerhead perc which is really a 24/18mm xxl downstem, but with a full size, elegant 11 slit showrhead perc.. Really nice to be able to pull the whole shower head and 18mm female joint out to rinse after each use. Okay, pictures sometime today so I'm not the asshole anymore...
Be back soon w/pics

Just wanted to thank all of the contributors, especially Pappy and Tstat who have shown so many cool and ultimately inspiring pictures and videos... I can't wait to get some pictures up for everyone. I should have my Mbius Nano order Wednesday evening and my last order from ALT on Fridsy if I'm lucky! I'm excited
to say the least.
As for vapes, I am in love with my VHW3.0 and Silver Surfer. Both are super solid; I think both are great! But I do have the usual suspects on order along with everyone else here :)

Last novel without pics I promise
HD

Canna Hound,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
LOL, CH- your problem is worse than mine- thanks, I feel better now!! I justified everything because it was a limited time sale. I mean, this shit doesn't go on sale very often. And yea, I now have 10 glass pieces =)

So, I hope the vertigo is nice, the above posts scare me a little, but if it sucks, I'll just send it back. I am all about getting something that is different from my others, and the vertigo bub fit the bill.

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Congrats, CH, that's quite a collection... Can't wait to see some pix.
@ Tstat > Vertigo and ALT QC are both suspect. I'm sure there are janky SGs too but you don't see or hear about many. Except the one on GD with a mystery stain, LOL. I can see why ALT lets janky glass out the door, not that it's ethical. But it seems Vertigo and the Wilsons are somewhat more susceptible than brands like Moby, SGW, and SG. :2c:

Preston, Stephen, and Circle have classic engineering educations whereas the Wilson started as artisans. Ben is about to graduate college but Luke and others taught him to blow glass.. Don't know Vertigo's background.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
You know how I am about labels, and I wasn't really digging the Vertigo label. That and the quality issues made me come to my senses. Canceled. Now I need to search for the next one!

Tstat,

High Sigh

SG addict
You should def try to add some SG to your collection. Im thinking of getting a Toro Macro but still unsure. Does anyone have any input/ other suggestions?

High Sigh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Tstat said:
You know how I am about labels, and I wasn't really digging the Vertigo label. That and the quality issues made me come to my senses. Canceled. Now I need to search for the next one!

I am the same way about labels. Unless the piece is insane I will always choose the one w/o a label or the one with the smallest label.

JDSupreme,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, yea- I hate labels. I made an exception for my Toro and my Medicali, but those both have very small, classy labels. That's why I hate Roor- huge ugly label (and overpriced).

I probably would have liked the Vertigo, but it was a stupid impulse buy. I mean, I just didn't LOVE it enough, so I decided if I could cancel the order, then I would. Plus I always listen to what Pappy says ;)

Now, what I really want is some type of wall- mounted display case! My stuff lives in my basement office/grow area, and I'd like to protect it more and not have just sitting on an exposed shelf. Since I have quite a bit invested in glass, I think it makes sense. Any ideas? :brow:

Tstat,

SkollIstKrieg

High Sigh said:
You should def try to add some SG to your collection. Im thinking of getting a Toro Macro but still unsure. Does anyone have any input/ other suggestions?

I have a Macro that has the Micro style of body, think of a micro that is macro sized. Honestly I've only ever hit one other "oil rig" before that was tiny and this thing takes the cake! I have a vapor curve for my bigger pieces, but this thing diffuses dabs just as well as my big pieces but is way tastier. Seriously, ive coughed harder on dabs through my other pieces compared to this one, BUT you have to clean it nearly every day otherwise it clogs with reclaim.

SkollIstKrieg,
Top Bottom