1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Gear Concentrate accessory questions (Ti, SS, Nails, Dabbers)

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Purpl3_Haz3, Apr 27, 2012.

1. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Evry1concentrate likes this.
  2. ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs can i stick my male joint in there?

i've seen those at my lhs, but i don't think it would hold the heat that long :shrug:

3. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

I agree, but a previously prepared dunk doesn't need that much heat retention...
    And I really would like to have heating time and tane usage dicreased as much as possible... so I thought it might be a good design...

ilovebOObs likes this.
  4. ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs can i stick my male joint in there?

you could be right about that, i really want that astronaut ti tube for that same reason.

FLskwat likes this.
  5. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Though you need to have mad dunk skillz for the Astro Ti tube!!! :D
    (Yes I have seen the video of the guy dunking the tube, but it doesn't seem easy at all)

6. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

I got that at a lhs a few days ago and i like it for the quick heat up, but is can't handle large dabs

7. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Yeah seems to me it would both gain and loose most of the thermal mass right away. Also for 30 dollars that could get me real good nail, two if I got the cheap ones.

8. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

@SS: I red that post and found the site that day... I was wondering if you would buy one and report! THX!

Yes ok for the small dabs but I want it/see it for my "travel set-up": mini rig, mini dab, pocket mini torch... need the mini twisted Ti foil nail!!!!!!!!:rockon:

@Centizen: Yes I know the price of a Ti nail and own a few... but you are right these guys are overpricing a "possible good idea"!

9. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

i don't know what the lhs paid for them, but she gave it to me for $18 (i worked there for a few years)
    i wasn't expecting much but i do like it a lot. i don't do giant dabs.

i also got a new globe for my nail rig with a GonG female top so i can whip vape through the bubbler without having to take the nail rig off.

10. havealight101

havealight101 Norski

I have the set on the bottom. It's a nice set of tools that come in a tube the size of a sharpie. The rubber handles had a weird smell.at.first, so I torched them before use. I wish they were TI though. Hmmm, I should bend a spade in to a scoop..

11. Norlin

Norlin Classic Rocker

So I bought a vapor globe, my first piece of oil gear, how do I use it? I'm heating it up 15 seconds with my torch and getting nice hits, but I think I'm making my dabs to big (size of a pea) because I always end up with a huge pool of oil at the end. I usually have to reheat it which burns it and tastes like shit. Any tips?

12. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I usually heat till it is starting to glow red, then stop heating, put globe on, and watch the red fade out, it's prime for hitting once it stops glowing red hot. At least this is how I do it...

smokum likes this.
  13. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Yes this is a unfinished dab! You shouldn't try to torch the errl pool and vape out of it!
    For the first dab, this is how you "season" a nail prior to extensive usage = you filled all the Ti pores with oil, helping the future process of flash vaporization for the next dabs!
    Once this is done, find the good average size for your dabs to vape away in 1 hit, and using Jam's technique & practice; or using an IR gun for a few seshs to know about teh relationship between Ti colors & temps!
    Little learnig curve, but nothing very complicated! :rockon:

14. Norlin

Norlin Classic Rocker

I'm not actually using titanium, or a nail of any kind for that matter. It's just this glass "fishbowl" on a ground glass connector. I assume the same goes for this as an oil rig? As for my temperature I was only doing so because the guy at the smoke shop told me to try 15-25 seconds so it wouldn't develop heat stress, but I'm definitely gonna try longer heating times now.

I appreciate all the advice, guys.

15. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Same for glass/quartz oil vaping apparatus! Practice is da best weapon!

silvercloud358 likes this.
  16. jambandphan03

I switch between the glass/quartz nail and my TI nail, both behave similar, get it glowing, then as I put the globe on and ready my dab, it's cooling just enough to be ready to hit. Each nail has it's own sweet spot...

17. Norlin

Norlin Classic Rocker

How often do you guys clean your gear? I'm having to do mine every day to keep a clean flavor.

18. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I clean mine at the end of each day used..... does it need it ? Not really, but it's just the way I was raised :lol:

19. ilovedoobies!

ilovedoobies! Well-Known Member

How much will you get of oil from 10 grams of green?!?!?! Im looking at buying a 10 gram oil extractor tube all glass =D

20. jambandphan03

best guess, about a gram or so, give or take... if it's really good stuff.

ilovedoobies! likes this.
  21. ilovedoobies!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

22. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Hmmm if you're putting top nuggs you can reach 20% so 2 grams, with a little kief help even 23%...
    Yes if you are putting trim (good trim): 10% is the best you will get!

ilovedoobies! likes this.
  23. ilovedoobies!

Thank you that is solid info =D

24. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Well, I'm happy I ended up going with the Dab N Flo nail set.

I've been dabbing through my DG mini, but I'm not that biggest fan of the residual smell/taste this oil (ABV Oil) leaves in it when I want to switch back to flowers, so I decided to make my K-Nine Pug my dabbing rig.

I've been using the middle length screw section in the DG, but that's too long to fit in the Pug.
    I switched to the short screw section, and it fits perfectly :)

I really can't see myself needing any other nail in the foreseeable future.

:tup:

jambandphan03 likes this.
  25. jambandphan03

We are really enjoying our DYD nail too. Gets used daily :tup:

DoYouDab and t-dub like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors