Gear Concentrate accessory questions (Ti, SS, Nails, Dabbers)

vapor 4 life

So I have a quartz nail and swing and I have never hit anything made of Ti. My question is for those with both why Ti? Does it heat up quicker? I see everyone raving about the dyd nail some even mentioning they have quartz and Ti in their collection. Which do you prefer? Thanks

vapor 4 life,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I got the Dab N Flo kit because it was so versatile.
2 different sized heads, 3 different lengths, and 2 different sized stopper pieces, it means I'm gonna have to go out of my way to find a setup it wont work for.
I also like that it's pretty much unbreakable.

It's my only nail, I didn't want a glass one, as I figured repeated heating + cooling wouldn't be the best for it... I hadn't really considered quartz, I didn't really know they existed.

Frederick McGuire,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I have a quartz nail and swing and I have never hit anything made of Ti. My question is for those with both why Ti? Does it heat up quicker? I see everyone raving about the dyd nail some even mentioning they have quartz and Ti in their collection. Which do you prefer? Thanks
Have both, quartz heats a little faster IMO, and flavor is many times better BUT you will vape more evenly with a correctly heated Ti nail vs. a quartz nail... Do not really know why but sometimes my quartz nail doesn't cop totally with big or medium dabs... I usually go 80% of the time Ti and 20% quartz... ;)

FLskwat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I swap back and forth with my quartz and Ti, I do what I call dirty dabs, hitting little bits of bubble hash in my Ti and prefer to use it that way over the quartz because of how much residue it leaves behind. I can clean the TI with the torch, or a swab of iso if it's really bad. I like to use the quartz for my finer oils, but I don't know how long it will hold up, so I don't use it as often. I guess the durability is a front runner for why I use the Ti over glass or quartz.

jambandphan03,

SD_haze

Big advantage of TI over quartz is that titanium is more visually easy to figure out when to stop heating, and how long to wait to cool it down to precisely the perfect point of full vaporization, but with full flavor as well.

SD_haze,
Reactions: FLskwat

VAPORIZER22

The main reason I prefer quartz over titanium is for flavor. I have had my quartz nail which I use daily for over a year now with no issues.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Good to know they are pretty sturdy, I got a quartz nail w/ my DG mini from ALT. I also have a couple of glass nails, haven't used them much, keeping them for back up right now.

VAPORIZER22

Good to know they are pretty sturdy, I got a quartz nail w/ my DG mini from ALT. I also have a couple of glass nails, haven't used them much, keeping them for back up right now.

I got my quartz nail from ALT, if it is the same one you got it is a great nail.
We did a video of our Fuzed Quartz nails being heated to over 3000F and dunked white hot into cold water. This video is the 10th dunk in a row, Quartz done right is extremely durable.
PV

Are these in stock? Thanks.

VAPORIZER22,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I got this glass dabber the other day and I really like it. It holds on to this waxy concentrate I have really well.

7491915994_55cf718944.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
ouch, quite a price tag, but still very cool dabber!

Yea it is overpriced. It hit an "artistic" nerve in me. I also thought it was cute, and funny... so I could not resist. It made me kind of regret not continuing to blow glass. I could have made that dabber really quickly. The raw supplies would be like less then $10.

Slightly Medicated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
still very cool. It would blend right in on my desk...the bong and dome however... not so much. :lol:

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I actually did some writing... I mean dabbing just now. This waxy stuff was getting oxidized and was not sticking to my metal tool very well. For some reason it seems to stick to the glass.

I also has some Rick Simpson Oil and it works well on the metal too.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: t-dub

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
search etsy for those pencil dabbers and you'll find some that are priced better, i won't say they are made as well though obviously ( because I don't know lol)

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I had to post this here!
A few days ago I receive the HE pocket Ti dabber...
When I received it I was puzzled by the size (though I like mini stuff), that dabber seemed really small!

After a few days of usage I love it...UBER functional and so pleasurable not to have to carry a "big dabber" to a friend's party place!

Top Bottom