Gear Concentrate accessory questions (Ti, SS, Nails, Dabbers)

SD_haze

Just when domes started getting real cheap... hehe

Very nice on the no lost vapor.

SD_haze,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
We had an international "skype dabbage" together yesterday with DubC and all the nailz these guys are doing look LEGIT!

FLskwat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
jambandphan03,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
hey guys i been using a paperclip as a dabber for awhile now. you guys know if its safe to use? i have a ti dabber too but for some wierd reason i like using a paper clip more. haha

ilovebOObs,
hey guys i been using a paperclip as a dabber for awhile now. you guys know if its safe to use? i have a ti dabber too but for some wierd reason i like using a paper clip more. haha
It looks like they are made of many different metals, most common is galvanized steel, witch is no good.
I say if its SS, your good, but most others I wouldn't trust. Galvanized stuff is real scary, if I remember correctly.
Sounds like you should market the TI paperclip :)
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5019462_paper-clip-made-out.html

havealight101,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs

It looks like they are made of many different metals, most common is galvanized steel, witch is no good.
I say if its SS, your good, but most others I wouldn't trust. Galvanized stuff is real scary, if I remember correctly.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5019462_paper-clip-made-out.html

ok i guess i will use he ti dabber from now on. thanks man. i like the paper clips cause i can bend them plus i don't mind losing it, hahaha i seem to lose alot of stuff when i'm medicated. :)

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I
haha, it's hard to be the first nowadays (edit: Bahaha even posting this apparently!!!!)
il_170x135.336770281.jpg

$11 on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96134279/ti-paper-clip-dabber

I bought some plain ti wire off ebay and cut it up to make 4 straight dabbers. I think they'll bend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTROPL...ANODES-NICKEL-ZINC-/380442303316#ht_837wt_698

ilovebOObs

thanks bud. the problem is i prolly lose that after the first dab. hahahah
that why i like using plain paperclips so cheap. i have a custom glass dish and dabber on order, waiting for the dude to make it :).

haha, it's hard to be the first nowadays (edit: Bahaha even posting this apparently!!!!)
il_170x135.336770281.jpg

$11 on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96134279/ti-paper-clip-dabber

I bought some plain ti wire off ebay and cut it up to make 4 straight dabbers. I think they'll bend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTROPL...ANODES-NICKEL-ZINC-/380442303316#ht_837wt_698

those plain ti wires looks like they would do the trick. thanks wt!

ilovebOObs,

SD_haze

If your standard silver paperclip is made out of some kind of mild steel, is there a reason never to dab with one?

SD_haze,

Kommyknocker

Cheers for all the info gleaned from reading this post. Think I'll have to give this a go! V.A.S strikes.. aaahgain lol

Kommyknocker,

farscaper

Really your not heating the paperclip anyway, the heat from the ti is what causes the oil to vape... i think that a nice clean paperclip would be ok... now i can say i noticed a taste after i heated the end and the metal became real brittle after that... (prolly aluminum or galvanized by the original color) but bar doing what i did, i think your safe... prolly more harm in breathing downtown in the city frankly... still, gun for SS
:2c:

Edit: my m8 always uses my 3" SS safety pin to dab when he is over... tries to steal it every time LMAO

farscaper

Since we seem to be on the path of a cheap replaceable dabber i thought i would toss these out. Before i got a Ti dabber with my nail i used a lot of different things for dabbers. Paperclips, safety pin, bent wire, exc. exc. But what worked best in a pinch was always SS wire. Any dabber shape and size, and you can customize the dabber end to suit your concentrate. plus for $3 you can get as many dabbers as you want to out of a roll of SS wire.

Im cheap... I love it!

007_zps3c07d831.jpg

010_zps92da646e.jpg

009_zps1e399c49.jpg

For all occasions :science:

Kommyknocker

The SS wire is a great solve there buddy!
So after reading up on the whole Ti nail dabbing thing ive decided to bite the bullet and start the ball rolling.
If any of you fine people could give me a couple of sites that ship internationally that would be greatly appreciated.
Again thanks for the great reading material provided FCers!

Kommyknocker,

jasmin

Hello concentrate-accessory connoisseurs!

I was taking a look one of these days over the internet with a friend of mine and we came to two different setups (and price that seemed ok on our side), so I would like to ask your opinions on them both. Basically they are Ti nails, one with a glass dome and the other "domeless". Has anyone tried the domeless type? Don't it spill (that's what I believe the reason for the glass dome there for). These are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_868wt_1141

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Domele...ltDomain_0&hash=item2a1defcc9c#ht_4622wt_1400

Do you have any tips for us? Are the above setups ok to start with for people with no experience at all?

Thank you very much!

Does any one have one of these? I am looking into purchasing one. Wasn't sure if i should go with dome or domeless.

Modnote: 2 cross posted messages removed. No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations.

jasmin,

SD_haze

Does any one have one of these? I am looking into purchasing one. Wasn't sure if i should go with dome or domeless.
For a cheap ebay nail, I'd go with something simple.
Just a one-piece standard TI nail.

The more complicated constructions, like having detachable heads/counterweights or domeless are better left to the higher-end brands where quality and function is more readily attended to
:2c:

SD_haze,

NewVape

What a guy!
I've tried both a dome and domeless nails, and my personal preference is for the dome. This is purely based on how it looks and the fact that I like glass. I have found for me there is no functional difference between, dome, domeless or a curve and swing arm. All 3 deliver about the same, and as far as ease of used I'd say that a domeless nail is easier to use simply because there is one less part. I posted some information a while ago about one of the domeless nails out there Here.

farscaper

Question: how do you know when a quartz nail is hot enough/ do they always taste like shit?

Note: i really think im just overheating and combusting it on the hot ass quartz. I only have prior experience with Ti.

farscaper,

VAPORIZER22

Personally, I prefer the taste of a quarz nail over Ti. For a quartz nail, I heat it up until it glows red, put the dome on, wait a few seconds and dab.

VAPORIZER22,

farscaper

Maybe my overhead white led light is overpowering the color of red hot quartz... But when compaired to my vapenwiser this quartz nail tastes like combustion (=fuck)...

Further $tudy is required ... Back to the trenches!

Edit: is seasoning or "breaking in" required?

VAPORIZER22

Maybe my overhead white led light is overpowering the color of red hot quartz... But when compaired to my vapenwiser this quartz nail tastes like combustion (=fuck)...

Further $tudy is required ... Back to the trenches!

Edit: is seasoning or "breaking in" required?

Seasoning in the style needed for Ti really is not required for quartz from my experience. For me, a hit or two to season the nail can make it taste a bit better but not really needed to improve function. Also, the seasoning hits I take are not at a lower temperature like I would do with Ti.

One thing I just thought of that can make a quartz hit taste like crap is the quality of the nail. I am not implying yours is of low quality, I have a few inexpensive quartz nails that I got for free with a couple oil domes I ordered in the past and a dab of those taste awful, burnt taste kind of like the combustion taste you are describing. The quartz nail that I always use that tastes great I got from ALT. Comparing them all, the ALT is the thickest. Come to think of it, the others may not even be quartz and just labeled as such because the difference in taste between those and the one from ALT is night and day

Trying taking a dab a few seconds after you normally would and see if that helps the taste any. Get back in the trenches!

Top Bottom