Clear Dome's I-Inhale Review

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
The hits are not weak at all to me IMO. I get pretty visible clouds after a few minutes of vaping. Not sure what SHED7 was talking about. You cannot compare it to lets say a Volcano or Vapor Bros which I have, but for being portable, stealthy, and easy to use it rocks. I will upgrade if they come out with a better version, but so far version 1.0 rocks my socks off.:brow:

buddhaholic420,

hipbilly

hey all, i got my i-inhale last week. i am still learning the curve of the thing, but i must say that i'm very happy with mine. i am a drummer, so it is the perfect thing for me in between songs.

hipbilly,

Costanza

I've had my Inhale for a couple months here and its the most convenient vape I've got.
It doesn't get easier than storing your herb in the Inhale itself and being able to vape it (almost) anywhere at the flick of a switch and the press of a button. Having nothing to adjust but the style of your suck, it?s a breeze to pass this around a group of friends.

The only problems I've experienced weren't problems really but just the necessary trade-offs to the size of the unit and its ease-of-use.
The casing does get somewhere close to hot but not quite. I do find that everybody who uses it comments on the heat but its never a problem.
The unit also produces less flavorful vapors (say that five times fast) than a home unit.
And you're also not going to be able to vape your herb to the limit. The ABV's a bit lighter than through a PD but I'm sure you could keep it up until it gets darker. But that's when I?d load it into my Vapor Genie.

I?ve personally had some issues with reloading the butane. But that?s due to a wrong-sized tip and me trying to be extra prepared by re-filling it right before I left the house (and letting out all of the butane :doh: ). Pretty frustrating when you try to show off your new toy to your friends and it poops out on you.

One final annoyance is simply that it takes a while to convince your smoker friends that anything?s happening. It doesn?t vape at super-high temps so it?s a lighter high that sometimes takes a while for them to notice. But after a short while the unit warms up and everybody definitely enjoys the vapor high.
If you?re introducing someone to vapor and want to blow their socks off, this unit?s less than ideal. That?s not to say, however, that it can?t get you really, really high.

Unfortunately, I can't say much about the durability, as I'm a generally careful person. :/
This review?s starting to look a little negative. You?ve just got to understand that as far as pure vaporization is concerned, this is not of the highest quality. But as far as I know this is the only vape in its class and price range.
If you need a vape for any non-home vaping sessions, this is the one I recommend.

Costanza,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
This review?s starting to look a little negative.
Seems pretty well balanced and thoughtful to me.

Pleasure to read, thanks. :tup:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
as far as pure vaporization is concerned, this is not of the highest quality.
Could you explain what you mean there? Are you referring to the fixed temp? If so, I wouldn't equate that to quality, just an understandable design decision. I think if they'd been able to cram a temp controller in there it would have been a serious reliability issue. As far as flavor, I've found the first couple of good hits to be surprisingly good.

max,

Costanza

Vaporization quality, to me, is based mainly on the vapor-to-air ratio.
I've mostly used the Purple Days as far as vaporizers, so I may just be a little spoiled. :p

Costanza,

max

Out to lunch
Are you using the moisture condenser? I took mine out after a day or two to improve airflow, but with it installed the vapor should be more dense. With the PD and SSV on hand at home, I'm not really tempted by the Inhale (gotta try it this spring when the grass needs cutting), but I love the ease of use and stealth, and can overlook the less than ideal performance. I'd love to hear from an owner (after about a year of use) who only owns this one vape.

max,

roney

well its the only one i have and i ain't shelling out for any more fancy vaporisers this year so i will let ye know next january how its all going!:p

roney,

max

Out to lunch
We're gonna hold you to it roney. Here's hopin' the inhale holds up too. :lol:

max,

roney

well its getting plenty of use so far so heres hoping it continues to deliver the goods.:D

i ain't really cleaned it with a solution yet. i have used the pipe cleaners supplied but not gone near it with alcohol/water etc to give it a proper clean.

Max - did u say that u used oil? was thinking of trying that meself.

i have found out over the last 24 hours that i don;t need to fill it every time with fuel/herb. after loading it up i can use it for a while - then switch it off when i am finished. then continure this cycle of using it on and off over the hours until either all the herb or all the fuel is gone. not so hard at all. :)

not sure is this the most efficient method - but its working for me.

keep it green all. peace

roney,

hipbilly

hi, my i-inhale is my only vaporizer. i don't have one for home yet, as i have been on the road quite a bit lately, but mine has been holding up well. just trying to figure out how long to initally keep the ignition in the on position until i turn it off. i am new to vaping, but have been getting good advise reading this site. peace

hipbilly,

roney

i got mine for christmas and have it 3 weeks and it truly is da bomb. great powerful hits. lots of vapour. needs a bit of attention - i.e. cleaning, filling, loading herb, etc..but attention is where its at ain't it? :p

so i say this device is brillant and has provided me with lots of happy healthy clean highs!

even me wee cat Jess was sniffing around the mouthpiece and is now curled up asleep beside me..bliss

good work I-inhale crew. still wantg to know about what was asked here earlier.

go n-eiri an bothar libh :)

roney,

max

Out to lunch
roney said:
You mean vaping oil? No, I've only used herb in the inhale since I only use it away from home (after my initial home testing). If you want to use it for that I would suggest loading in the middle of a bowl of herb (herb above and below-like an oil sandwich). This way the oil residue doesn't get on either screen.

i have used the pipe cleaners supplied but not gone near it with alcohol/water etc to give it a proper clean.
I've found that the bottom screen (with the heating pin) stays quite clean, which is good since removing it means removing the heating pin. The mouthpiece cleans up easily with an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner. It stays cleaner (with better airflow) if you remove the moisture condenser.

still wantg to know about what was asked here earlier.
Please re-ask. ;)

max,

roney

max said:
roney said:
You mean vaping oil? No, I've only used herb in the inhale since I only use it away from home (after my initial home testing). If you want to use it for that I would suggest loading in the middle of a bowl of herb (herb above and below-like an oil sandwich). This way the oil residue doesn't get on either screen.

i have used the pipe cleaners supplied but not gone near it with alcohol/water etc to give it a proper clean.
I've found that the bottom screen (with the heating pin) stays quite clean, which is good since removing it means removing the heating pin. The mouthpiece cleans up easily with an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner. It stays cleaner (with better airflow) if you remove the moisture condenser.

still wantg to know about what was asked here earlier.
Please re-ask. ;)
sorry ye will have to excuse my grammar!

when i was asking about using oil i meant using it as a cleaning agent?! is this possible? or would alcohol be a better cleaning agent? its just that i thought i read a post by Max somewhere where he said he used cooking oil to clean the i-inhale. is this right? or am i gone off me trolley altogether after a weekends vapourinsing?!:D

i have removed the heating pin a few times to clean it and it is easy to do. the tool provided is dead handy.
i ain;t tried removing the moisture condenser but as most of me weed is stored in the freezer it may be moist so i will most likely leave the moisture condenser where it is. i may remove it to experiment with airflow. thanks somuch for the tips everyone :)

and as for me wanting to 'know what was asked earlier' - that is me gone off me trolley:lol:.
i was thinking of another thread about the i-inhale where someone had asked the i-inhale guy about the possible side-effects of plastic, butane etc.
personally it seems grand to me.

thanks all. peace

roney,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
and as for me wanting to 'know what was asked earlier' - that is me gone off me trolley:lol:.
i was thinking of another thread about the i-inhale where someone had asked the i-inhale guy about the possible side-effects of plastic, butane etc.
The plastics seem to be pretty advanced. More on the catalytic process would be nice.

:cheers: roney

Nice to have Dublin in the house. :)

How's the bud out your way?

P.S. How much does the I-inhale go for over there?

vtac,

roney

vtac said:
The plastics seem to be pretty advanced. More on the catalytic process would be nice.

:cheers: roney

Nice to have Dublin in the house. :)

How's the bud out your way?

P.S. How much does the I-inhale go for over there?
thanks man :) great to be here. long live da vapourizers!

the bud i have is excellent. though it ain;t local - comes from across da big sea to the west of Galway :p

i got my inhale just before christmas - bought it online from vapefiend(?) i think - about 160 euro. bargain if you ask me. it was delivered direct from the UK and was a cheper price than buying from I-inhale directly which was about 180 euro.
and a nice touch by Vapefiend was to warn us that if we bought after christmas then it could be more expensive due to fluctuating sterling rates. so i got mine mid-December and i love it!:)

thanks all

roney,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, sometimes local is harder to find. Freezer full is good too. :D

Looks like it's ?145 here, don't know about shipping. =$193.80USD 11:45GMT.

Unless I'm off me trolley (i am :ko:), presale in the US was $200 and right now it's $249.00 on Vapenow. So a fair discount over there. :) Just curious, since O&B is based in Ireland.

:peace:

Reposting a nice pic from CD.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I-inhales are easily bought for $200 with 'best offer' on eBay.

max,

Ben

Hello everyone , bonjour tout le monde.

I will not post here my review for my Iinhale, but I must say that my overall assessment on this vaporizer is quite positive.
Of course, ?portability? and ?stealthness? of the unit are the main features that make it particularly interesting. I won?t talk here about the rest.

Not because I would not have a thing to say, no? just because I would like to talk about something else.

I do not know if you've been curious enough to read the instruction manual of your Iinhale in another language than English. I think you have received, like me, a multilanguage instruction manual included in the package.

If you look at the legends of the schemes in the ?cleaning and maintenance? chapter, try to watch the legends of the English scheme and compare them with the legends of the French scheme. (English scheme is on page 9 and French scheme on page 17....even if the pages are not numbered ) : use a ?Google translator? if required .

They are different at least one point. The English part of the manual mentions the ?heat pin? as a heat pin (well, almost normal till? that point) on this scheme but the precise French legend for the same pattern describes it also as a means to adjust temperature :o.
Google translator gave me : ?stitch adjustment of heat when I tried to translate the French legend which states originally ?broche de rglage de la chaleur? for the heat pin!

So I asked myself this question: is there a ?hidden feature? of the Iinhale (after all, it could perhaps makes sense to be able to have the heating temperature varying when adjusting the pin :rolleyes: ) or is this translation just an accident. :ko:

I?d rather choose the second option because there is no further reference to this point anywhere else in the text, but I wanted to share this question and submit it to your wisdom. :2c:
It is an intellectual rather than really practical question I wanted to share with you, so I would say in advance to those who will ask me "have you tried to unscrew it and check the temperature?? : No, I have not tried, I paid 180 euros for this damn' thing and I do not want (yet) to torture it or having it failed. :D

Ben,

Beezleb

Interesting and since I do not have an I-inhale im not much help but I would tend to think its a translation thing.

Beezleb,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Ben said:
Hello everyone , bonjour tout le monde.

I will not post here my review for my Iinhale, but I must say that my overall assessment on this vaporizer is quite positive.
Of course, ?portability? and ?stealthness? of the unit are the main features that make it particularly interesting. I won?t talk here about the rest.

Not because I would not have a thing to say, no? just because I would like to talk about something else.

I do not know if you've been curious enough to read the instruction manual of your Iinhale in another language than English. I think you have received, like me, a multilanguage instruction manual included in the package.

If you look at the legends of the schemes in the ?cleaning and maintenance? chapter, try to watch the legends of the English scheme and compare them with the legends of the French scheme. (English scheme is on page 9 and French scheme on page 17....even if the pages are not numbered ) : use a ?Google translator? if required .

They are different at least one point. The English part of the manual mentions the ?heat pin? as a heat pin (well, almost normal till? that point) on this scheme but the precise French legend for the same pattern describes it also as a means to adjust temperature :o.
Google translator gave me : ?stitch adjustment of heat when I tried to translate the French legend which states originally ?broche de rglage de la chaleur? for the heat pin!

So I asked myself this question: is there a ?hidden feature? of the Iinhale (after all, it could perhaps makes sense to be able to have the heating temperature varying when adjusting the pin :rolleyes: ) or is this translation just an accident. :ko:

I?d rather choose the second option because there is no further reference to this point anywhere else in the text, but I wanted to share this question and submit it to your wisdom. :2c:
It is an intellectual rather than really practical question I wanted to share with you, so I would say in advance to those who will ask me "have you tried to unscrew it and check the temperature?? : No, I have not tried, I paid 180 euros for this damn' thing and I do not want (yet) to torture it or having it failed. :D
wow dude I'll have to check it ...cause raising hte temp of the i-inhale might be wonderfull !!!but I'm pretty sure this is a translation mistake ! thanks I'll try to contact i-inhale about this

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
I have removed the pin. It unscrews, just like the mouthpiece. I don't see any way for the pin to vary the temp unless loosening it does that. And if it's not tight, the temp should be lower, if there's any change at all. I would think a slightly loose heating pin would just get looser, making the temp very unstable and maybe not hot enough to vape at all. A fixed temp on this vape, due to its size, only makes sense. I think they went for simplicity and reliability.

max,

Ben

Clear_Dome said:
wow dude I'll have to check it ...cause raising hte temp of the i-inhale might be wonderfull !!!but I'm pretty sure this is a translation mistake ! thanks I'll try to contact i-inhale about this
thank you for your answer Clear Dome.

Does your instruction manual says the same thing in French as mine does about this "heating pin"?

Do you have also this ?broche de rglage de la chaleur? on the legend of the scheme? How would you tranlate it by the way?

This being said..... I think more or less like everyone else here : this must ne a translation mistake and nothing else. :rolleyes:

when you'll get in touch with the I-inhale manufacturers (if you do so), let them know about this ... maybe they will, at least, correct it in the instruction manual coming next.

Thank you, Merci toi.

Ben,
Top Bottom