Clear Dome's I-Inhale Review

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Tradhead, I am sorry to hear about your personal 'let down.' That is a big shame. I imagine that others (like myself) wonder if there were moments when you did something with the unit other than what is directed (other than opening it). Hopefully feedback about problems II owners are facing will lead to either 1) changes in the unit or 2) More/clearer info/warnings in the manual (i.e. 'Do not use while wet...even from accidentally overfilling with butane, etc.).

The fact that some report being able to use theirs regularly without significant problems, leads me to believe that some of the issues you faced MAY POSSIBLY be from misuse. Time will tell (when the II has enough time/distribution to develop a reputation--durable OR disposable. I hope Tradhead can figure out exactly what went wrong with his (maybe budda--and others--can help ;) )

Thank you (to all who contribute personal stories, yet try to remain objective for others, like myself, who are interested in the II but not ready to buy one yet). Also, thank you (to all for taking the risk of buying a new product, yet still being willing to help the rest of us decide through your experiences and reviews :tup: ).

Toke it easy

Edit: Tardhead, How about a powerpack with outlets that can be charged from your car (or solar since you are on a mountain). See 'portable power sources' thread ( http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=13861#p13861 ) for examples. It could really open your options ;)

Progress,

tradhead

Well, apart from using it a lot javascript:insert_text(':lol:',%20'');:lol: no, i just vaped. Im not a newbie having 46yrs on this earth and for 32 of them have very much enjoyed the magic herbs.javascript:insert_text(';)',%20'');

the manual is/was? lamentable so really if there are contraindications for use, operating instructions etc then they should be made clear, no? If there are things we as a community of users should know to operate this device effectively and safely without problems such as failure then they should be made absolutely clear otherwise how can we know ?
As it happens some of the problems I encountered are the same as another member here, and how many people have used it as much as me? Hmm..

Look I know its not a volcano, so what are its possibilities? They tell us nothing, only by talking on the phone did I learn it should go for 2 hours no prob, what happens then? I just refill with gas and keep it going. Is was that wrong? who knows, no instructions. Look I am really disappointed, I want a device that works and is durable, I will happily support anyone who can facilitate this, but they were not willing to support me. They can sugarcoat it as much as they want, with legalese and bullsh!i but basically they screwed me over. It was their choice, or one inept PR man probably! If I were in charge as soon as this came to my attention I would bend over to support my client, thats how you run an effective business no? especially in the day of community activism and the net, what was he thinking, That by threatening legal action I would just go away? ! my words are carefully weighed and facts are stated as facts, opinions as opinions. I defy anyone to go over my correspondence with them and find anything that could be construed as incorrect. I offered to debate this issue in public if they chose, so I await my inhales reply.

As I dont carry the booklet with me, I did ask If they do actually say not to open in in plain English, anyone got it handy?

Of course the issues could be from misuse, the possibility is there but sure its not exactly complicated is itjavascript:insert_text(':brow:',%20''); turn on, press go ,load , toke. simple enough youd think? If there are other things I should take into account then they should be spelled out no?

No I used it an afull lot and it couldnt handle it, if they want to suggest max operating time, then do so. if they wish to suggest things not to do, great, about time. I mean I wasnt vaping in the shower:)

If there are things we should know, then we need to be told. If we want reliability we need 2 perhaps?

Yes time will tell. I await with interest other serious users verdicts.

tradhead,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
tradhead said:
Well, apart from using it a lot no, i just vaped. Im not a newbie having 46yrs on this earth and for 32 of them have very much enjoyed the magic herbs.
OK and how many years of you learned engineering to try and fix a device you have know idea how it works? I'm sorry, but I work with electronics (i.e. Cisco phones, routers, switches)Other than what I can take apart, I would never take apart pieces not meant for me to open to try and fix it. Even a butane device with a catalytic converter sounds like too much of a headache to try and figure out on my own. I know every ex smoker at one time or another was McGyver, but that don't mean your an engineer. :brow: This is just my :2c: ;)

Another thing. If you had a business and were making devices for people to use. You offer a warranty and somebody decides to open it. They tell you they did. How do you know THEY did not break it? Kinda hard if you ask me.

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

"Haven't heard of a 'half baked portable'"yes

I expect a device to work. That is unrealistic? hmm...
4-5 days, is that meant to be a lot?
Yes I appear to have invalidated a warranty by opening it up, I presume they advise against this. do they? anyone...

""Why would you even have tried to open the thing up if it looks like it could break very easyily with too much pressure in the wrong area. There are no screws or anything.""

yes there are screws, It doesnt look like it could break easily, but it unfortunately appears to... internally. It is sophisticated equipment I gather, which is why its so expensive I guess I got a duff one that failed after heavy use.
I mean they dont even tell you that when you turn it off it carries on going!!! on its own, can you believe that?

industry standered huh and this is expressly stated for consumers advice is it? where?

Im not comparing it to medical equipment, it IS medical equipment. Have they not heard of pressure testing? would you be happy if your brakes failed after 2 months? , industry standard eh? or your car tyre? ok its not a life threatening breakdown, fair enough, will they publish their failure rates? have they pressure tested the device or they just leave the consumers to do that for them?

ps I used it 7days a week, from mid day till midnight, I must have vaped a couple of hundred grams at least , if that is over use then they should clearly specify operating parameters. but they dont.

tradhead,

Progress

Tradhead, thank you for being willing to try to honestly discuss your experience with the I-I (I am sure it is frustrating and fresh in your mind--without your soothing I-I as well ;) ). I have not seen the manual, and have only used them on occasion (seem mild, but functional IMO :shrug: ). Hopefully discussions like this will help the people at I-I (or somewhere else for that matter) to identify and fix problems AND for owners to be most aware about how to best care for their equipment and avoid potential problems.

Just my :2c:, but (although I almost always read everything) I often do not 'follow the guidelines' (even if it means voiding my warranty), although I do make significant efforts to feel certain of a course of action prior to taking it (I'm actually, admittedly, a :tinfoil: ).

Hope something positive (worth $180 or not) comes out of this for you :cool: .

Portable power sources could really open your options. Check out the thread if interested ( edit: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=13861#p13861)

Edit: Could you please link us to half baked portable in its own thread (in the model-specific vaporizer section)? We do not have a thread on it yet :brow: ....

Buddah, if you are certain, why don't you just quote the manual in your post (below) and help the guy be more objective sharing his experience instead of being so hard on him (therefore possibly keeping us from learning) I don't mean to offend (hope I didn't...)

Progress,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
tradhead said:
I mean they dont even tell you that when you turn it off it carries on going!!! on its own, can you believe that?
Apparently you skipped that page. Please read through your manual one more time. I remember it stating after shut off it keeps dispersing the remaining gas for up to 3 minutes.

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

hmm buddhaolic, you are part of the i inhale team right.? you cle.. miami? which part of Ireland is that?
so, yes you are correct I could have broken it by opening it. sure, except of course I didnt... fact.

"Why would you even have tried to open the thing up if it looks like it could break very easyily with too much pressure in the wrong area. There are no screws or anything."
yes there are. fact

"Other than what I can take apart"

it is easy to take apart, it has 2 screws. It is easy to assemble, 2 screws. As I have explained it did not work, it was useless, right. either I attempt to clean it check for obstructions that entered through the in and out ports, they replace it ASAP or I buy a replacement. sending it back? not an option. that would mean I dont have the tool I paid 180e for. Yes many devices fuck up, thats where customer support comes in... or not as the case may be.

tradhead,

tradhead

sorry broken post!I meant to say

"hmm buddhaolic, you are part of the i inhale team right.? you clearly state information I have not put in the public domain, methinks your "impartial "cover is slipping, Of course I could be wrong... but if so you must be telepathic right? :brow:

tradhead,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
tradhead said:
sorry broken post!I meant to say

"hmm buddhaolic, you are part of the i inhale team right.? you clearly state information I have not put in the public domain, methinks your "impartial "cover is slipping, Of course I could be wrong... but if so you must be telepathic right? :brow:
dude what the heck are you talking about? what information? read the whole post before you claim something.

buddhaholic420,

Progress

WHY DON'T YOU TWO DISCUSS THIS IN THE CHAT ROOM SO VTAC CAN DELETE SOME OF THIS NONSENSE (THIS POST INCLUDED) ^

YOU DON'T NEED TO POST, JUST CHECK TO SEE IF EACH OTHER IS THERE

Just a getting-frustrated :2c:

Progress,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Progress said:
WHY DON'T YOU TWO DISCUSS THIS IN THE CHAT ROOM SO VTAC CAN DELETE SOME OF THIS NONSENSE (THIS POST INCLUDED) ^

YOU DON'T NEED TO POST, JUST CHECK TO SEE IF EACH OTHER IS THERE

Just a getting-frustrated :2c:
didn't even know there was a chat. sorry. I am stubborn. especially when ppl start claiming stuff about me. I guess I should just ignore.:2c:

buddhaholic420,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
tradhead said:
so you are not then? sorry if I gave offence.
If your referring to a shill? No I am not. All you have to do is look over the posts to see that I too had an issue with the II which I posted so I would think a shill would not want to post drawbacks as I had. This is the last I will talk about this over this page and if the moderator wants to delete it I have no qualms with that.

buddhaholic420,

Jedu

buddhaholic420 said:
OK guys I have a questions about the screen. For some reason the picture on I-I website and in the book shows the screen with the holes facing out if you are looking at the herb chamber. I just got my I-I back and noticed that each time I receive it the screen is facing up instead with the little holes facing he stem. Which way do you guys think it should go? I know this sounds like a stupid question. My preference is with the screen facing out because of the extra room you get. I like having the room to allow the herbs to move around. Do you think the little holes are some sort of design to allow more circulation? I have sent I-I and email asking, but what are your thoughts?:cool:

I am also having this annoying thing happen where my buds sometimes stick to the pin even though they are dry and the pin is clean. Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? My car floor is beginning to look a little green.

mod note: posts merged
The pin hits the screen not allowing it to close on mine if I have the screen pointing towards the stem...

Jedu,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Jedu said:
buddhaholic420 said:
OK guys I have a questions about the screen. For some reason the picture on I-I website and in the book shows the screen with the holes facing out if you are looking at the herb chamber. I just got my I-I back and noticed that each time I receive it the screen is facing up instead with the little holes facing he stem. Which way do you guys think it should go? I know this sounds like a stupid question. My preference is with the screen facing out because of the extra room you get. I like having the room to allow the herbs to move around. Do you think the little holes are some sort of design to allow more circulation? I have sent I-I and email asking, but what are your thoughts?:cool:

I am also having this annoying thing happen where my buds sometimes stick to the pin even though they are dry and the pin is clean. Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? My car floor is beginning to look a little green.

mod note: posts merged
The pin hits the screen not allowing it to close on mine if I have the screen pointing towards the stem...
Mine closes either way. I have found when the pin is loose it does not close well. Anyways, ii answered the question. It's supposed to be with the screen facing the pin. They said they are fixing the manual for the next print batch. Hey did heating it up and or emptying the butane and refilling do anything for ya?

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

sorry buddha I obviously leapt to the wrong conclusion. once again Im sorry. raises an interesting point though, company reps on line....
ANYHOW
I have decided to approach this from a different direction, enough negativity.
SO lets pretend my II never broke down, and the company didnt let me down. So indulge me for a minuit in my flight of fancy and I will review it as if...

SO here it is folks, the device I have been waiting for... It works, it works very well, Its a godsend.. Just 3/4 fill up the bowl and toast it for maybe 5 min and job done.

I will describe a typical session.
First light up and put it down, fill with sativa , toast, repeat a couple of times. Now its hot and we start .... fill bowl, toast for a minuit,e now remove the top and you will see a hole in the herb from the heat pin, drop a piece of resin in and replace lid, bliss, the resin dissolves into the dry herb and this can be seriously toasted for even 15 min, repeat till satiated or gas runs out . refill and repeat.
I suggest one fill per person then on to the next.

job done.

drawbacks: no fuel guage! no way of knowing, so I needed to carry a spare gas bottle.the stems snap with little pressure, To avoid incessant dismantleing I used the short stem and this fits in the case, but if you lean on something... snap! so from then on I used no stem. the fancy gauze in the top end cloggs up so I either use a standard pipe screen or just none., place unground herb in and it works fine. .
the lower bowl needs to be, IMO, removable for burning clean its all very tricky to clean... If I lost my II I would have replaced it ASAP, essential equipment, as it broke, I bought the cheapo alternative, hope it works.. I really hope The II team get their act together here, Ok a device migfht fail, but after2months to use an excuse to screw me is not funny. any sensible PR man would know that its important to keep your customer base happy.

ps the lower screen can also be replaced by a standard screen trimed down. I simply dont need the stems , It works fine without and is a bit more discrete too.

I only use my II here in spain, In Eire I just dont use any herbal remedy , In spain growing a few plants for personal behind closed doors is not a problem with the law, civilised country here.

ANYHOW, it broke after2 months... sad . so doesnt appear to be the answer to our/my dreams! maybe the next model?.... I await others verdicts.

tradhead,

galenr55

The Iinhale is the worst vaporizer on the market and is a health hazard.

I purchased an Iinhale, and was somewhat happy for the first month or so (other than the horrible butane taste) until the piece of sh!t melted on me, never again will I buy a vape with plastic

the herb chamber got so hot that the mouthpiece where it screws in melted into the herb chamber, causing me to inhale plastic.

In other words, don't waste your money and buy something worthwhile
/
>

galenr55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
galenr55 said:

I purchased an Iinhale, and was somewhat happy for the first month or so (other than the horrible butane taste) until the piece of sh!t melted on me, never again will I buy a vape with plastic

the herb chamber got so hot that the mouthpiece where it screws in melted into the herb chamber, causing me to inhale plastic.

/
>
woah man..are u sure you didnt get a clone or some weird shit?!! :uhoh:

I would talk to II people before you totally discount it that quickly..could have been a defect

Hennessy1414,

tradhead

Sh!t that sounds bad! I got no joy from the company because I opened it up when it broke, so they just told me id have to pay to fix it! after 2 months! . on mine the clear plastic screen thing melted a bit but didnt cause a problem.. The half baked yoke does not look good at all! gotta get gas so no report yet .... but I think I will go purple... seems that its 12v and gets good reviews. I would get the volcano but I need portability.

tradhead,

max

Out to lunch
The I-inhale is nowhere close to being the worst vape on the market and tons of products can be a health hazard if they malfunction.

Yeah, something good like a Vapir. :/

max,

tradhead

I agree max, its not the worst on the market, but be serious, any tool that fails so dramatically as his has done; is a health hazard. It really matters little whether its a bigger health hazard than another make, Inhaled plastic is not desirable, it is dangerous and he should sue. There is a legal obligation on the company to produce and market goods that conform to the relevant regulations. A dramatic potentially life threatening failure like that! What test are done on the effects of inhaling the fumes from this type of plastic as it melts?

Yes I am biased, I am biased against manufacturers of faulty, dangerous, failure prone equipment, and you appear to wish to defend them! ? If you dont mind me asking, Why?

tradhead,

Beezleb

In all honesty, I have seen far more positive reviews for the II than negative ones.

I will still recommend the II until I see reason not to do so.

Beezleb,

tradhead

Great, I really hope my experience was just unlucky. I too would have raved over it. Im completely genuine on this, I want it to be a great tool, but after 2 months of heavy use it malfunctioned... Im waiting for someone who uses it as much as me,who has large quantities of herbs and 30ys tolerance and a large appetite to review it. So far it appears to be light users who have success with it( please correct me If I am wrong) . Besides its only 4 months old, I bought mine 3 months ago...

I have tried to be as objective as I can, I have reported the pro's and cons from my experience with it. thank god mine didnt melt i like galens.

tradhead,

tradhead

"I will still recommend the II until I see reason not to do so"

and a lungfull of melted plastic fumes as reported by galen is not enough!! hmm...

tradhead,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
trahead : could you please stop posting useless post ....ok you break your toy by opening it ...so what this is your trouble ...now stop

if galen got a defective unit I'm sure that I-I will gladly give him/her back a unit or cash .

if your vap is defective contact the seller , dont cry here ...this thread is made to make review of the unit and a lot of user seem happy with this vaporizer ,and there is proove that this vap is not un-safe .

i will not repeat it so I wish you understand
:peace:

EDIT : Galen , Someone from i-i will contact you soon if it's not ever done

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom