Clear Dome's I-Inhale Review

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I live in Miami and am going to be heading up to North Florida to do some camping. It's about 25 degrees with wind chills it's supposed to feel like 19. This is only at night though. I am hoping it works ok. I do know I might have to warm it in my hands for a bit before trying to turn it on. I will let you know how everything turns out. We are also going to be shrooming. It's been so long since I have done them. It's been even longer since the last time that I have done any psychedelics outdoors. I want to get back to nature in a bad way.

buddhaholic420,

hipbilly

hey all, i've had my i-inhale for about 3 weeks now, and so far everything is working really well. i think i pretty much got a handle on the thing. it seems the more i use it the better it works. i am getting good hits and there is quite a bit of vapor when i exhale. so far so good. i am expecting an extreme sometime early next week (my first vaporizer other than my inhale) i am looking forward to it.
peace

hipbilly,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I made my frist total clean up of my i-i and I have to agree with max ....the bowl is a totaly shitty and stupidly make :o once you remove the Stainless steel parts from it (by trying to remove the screen) you can't put it back ..?! wtf no thread ,no tapper ...nothing ?! it hold in it press-fit or ?! dunno ....but now I have to press realy hard when to screw the mouth piece in the bowl ....the vap still work but putting on or removing the mouthpiece as become a pain in the ass and I dont want to ''glue it up''

Clear_Dome,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Clear_Dome said:
I made my frist total clean up of my i-i and I have to agree with max ....the bowl is a totaly shitty and stupidly make :o once you remove the aluminium parts from it (by trying to remove the screen) you can't put it back ..?! wtf no thread ,no tapper ...nothing ?! it hold in it press-fit or ?! dunno ....but now I have to press realy hard when to screw the mouth piece in the bowl ....the vap still work but putting on or removing the mouthpiece as become a pain in the ass and I dont want to ''glue it up''
Hey Clear Dome. What do you mean you cannot put the screen back? I have not had this issue. I have noticed that sometimes my herb chamber will not close correct with the I-I Main body. This usually happens to me when the pin starts coming lose. I tend to kind of screw the stem on when I am putting it together and since I don't like screwing the pin so tight it breaks sometimes it can begin to unscrew itself.

buddhaholic420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
not, I'm talking about the Stainless steel bowl ... .... the Stainless steel part hold in the plastic ''cap'' just press fit ...so once you remove it once it will get loose and hard to use

EDIT:

The I-Inahle staff give me a tip . this parts is suposed to be remove to clean it . A simple way to screw and un-screw the mouth piece is to make it by holding the Stainless steel part instead of trying to screw the mouth piece directly on the unit (once the bowl is full and on top of the unit)

Clear_Dome,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Clear_Dome said:
not, I'm talking about the aluminium bowl ...[url]http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1240192_hole.JPG[/url].... the aluminium part hold in the plastic ''cap'' just press fit ...so once you remove it once it will get loose and hard to use
Ahhhh yes. Now I understand. For some reason mine did the same thing when I removed it. My girlfriends for some reason does not have this problem as I have taken hers off to clean as well. It's not too bad of an issue for me, but I do understand your frustration. I had to send mine back due to an issue I might have caused. My replacement is on it's way and from my understanding they send me a brand new one. :)

buddhaholic420,

Dr.Zoidberg

How are yall getting nice vapor clouds? I have had one a week. I can get lifted off of it but I have to hit it for like 10 minutes and I barely see a thin vapor. Whats the trick, besides taking out the moisture trap?

Dr.Zoidberg,
Dr.Zoidberg said:
How are yall getting nice vapor clouds? I have had one a week. I can get lifted off of it but I have to hit it for like 10 minutes and I barely see a thin vapor. Whats the trick, besides taking out the moisture trap?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=264&p=7 Post #160 shows my top tips.

I do tend to use the II for 10mins as well, but thats because i'm new to vaping and didn't really know how long i should be sucking for!!!

Zenfold,

max

Out to lunch
Dr.Zoidberg said:
It's like any vape. If you hit it too hard you'll get less vapor or none at all. Heavy airflow lowers your temp. You should also give it a chance to regain temp between hits. I assume you're loading the bowl at least half full? And sometimes you have to exhale in the right light to see vapor.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
OK guys I have a questions about the screen. For some reason the picture on I-I website and in the book shows the screen with the holes facing out if you are looking at the herb chamber. I just got my I-I back and noticed that each time I receive it the screen is facing up instead with the little holes facing he stem. Which way do you guys think it should go? I know this sounds like a stupid question. My preference is with the screen facing out because of the extra room you get. I like having the room to allow the herbs to move around. Do you think the little holes are some sort of design to allow more circulation? I have sent I-I and email asking, but what are your thoughts?:cool:

I am also having this annoying thing happen where my buds sometimes stick to the pin even though they are dry and the pin is clean. Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? My car floor is beginning to look a little green.

mod note: posts merged

buddhaholic420,

Jedu

Well I've had my I-Inhale for a while now and its alright, I still need to read this thread to get some more tips but now I can't seem to get it started, it sparks and what not but it wont start :(

Jedu,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Jedu said:
Well I've had my I-Inhale for a while now and its alright, I still need to read this thread to get some more tips but now I can't seem to get it started, it sparks and what not but it wont start :(
Hey sounds like you might need butane. Check by pressing the filling nozzle on the ii

buddhaholic420,

Jedu

No, all I see is the initial "spark" it doesn't go blue then orange. It never starts if that makes sense, well it does but I have to sit there for 25 mins hitting the piezo till it does.

Jedu,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Jedu said:
No, all I see is the initial "spark" it doesn't go blue then orange. It never starts if that makes sense, well it does but I have to sit there for 25 mins hitting the piezo till it does.
what kind of butane you using? is it cold where you are? butane freezes at cold temps.

buddhaholic420,

Jedu

Ronson. Yes its cold outside but my house is in the upper 60's mid 70's.

Jedu,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Jedu said:
Ronson. Yes its cold outside but my house is in the upper 60's mid 70's.
try warming it a lil with a hair dryer. I know it sounds crazy. also dump out all the gas and refill. I am driving right now!!

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

As a producer and consumer of the finest herb
i used to end up smoking an awfull lot :-) As we live in the mountains of spain with no grid electricity
i need a vap that is portable so this one really has potential as an idea. Unfortunately after 2 months of heavy use mine stopped working. for180 I expected more. In its design there are a few defects, as explained above. Basically its imposssible to clean for customs. The stem breaks far too easily, both mine snapped.
My vap just went all funny stopped working, weird random starts after long 5 min gaps, perhaps some interferance in the gas flow? But be warned they dont authorise anyone to work on these devices.I opened it up to see if there was an obvious obstruction , none, but with a blast of air I seemed to have got it half working again. It si very hard to start but once its going it works for a while but still just turns off every now and then, for a week it was not working at all.
Now the company say they wont honour the warrenty so
i am screwed, 180 e and its f"""ked after 2 months. Not a happy stoner.I mean, what do they want ' it malfunctioned after2 months and they dont want to fix it under warrenty! they want me to pay! can you believe the cheek of the guy. Sure I opened it up, what should I have done, sent it back and been without for a month? what kind of medical equipment is it that has such a poor performance? . If you want reliability you would need to buy 2. I have the same problem as the other guy above. Need to light it up every time it starts up smell it to see if its working yet, if its heating...
So my verdict, opinion only, based on my experience over 2 and a half months is that its a great idea but ...thedevice is only suitable for light use and is not possible to make customs safe.

I will just leave it here in spain when I go to Ireland.
i have purchased the"Half Baked portable" vap for 1/3 of the price and will review it after 2and a half months.

replacement parts! over priced... say no more. support?not good. not impressed, not happy.

Asfar as operation goes when it works its great. use a small amount and really toast it for 10 min per person is the best way i found.

Water huh? mine never got wet, but perhaps
i should put it underthe tap to get it working right :-)
The draw is a bit tight if you over fill, a common mistake.( which I make regularily.)

so thats it folks, I hope the much cheaper half baked version is a bit more reliable and the company responsible .

mod note: Please don't make the same post in multiple threads. Most of this post was duplicated on the main I-inhale thread. The duplicate post has been deleted.

tradhead,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
^^^^^

sorry to hear you had a bad experience with their customer service. I have nothing but good things to say about them. they are pretty good about their warranty as long as you don't open it up. Most companies void warranty if you open it. shipping from spain to ireland should take like a total of two weeks both ways bro. Not a month. They even shipped me a few free stems when I told them I lost the extension. I am not sure what your doing with the stem, but am yet to break one. fyi. I think mine got messeed up due to water and turning it on while wet. Do not wet turn it on until it's dry because steam from evaporating water can damage the insides.

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

"As long as you dont open it up" Does it say this in the manual? maybe technically they are right, morally? dead wrong. what are they suggesting? I took my new 180e tool and opened it up when it was working? huh? what sort of bolloks is that ? come on pull the other one. No its pretty simple, they fucked up. What would it cost to fix ? 30e? at most they replace 180. but no, they risk consumer damage that could cost them a fortune, My guess is that they are having/going to have a lot of dissapointed customers and are scared. they just use this as an excuse. my guess, I could be wrong but how many units are sold? what percentage are going/have fucked up? Its a new product. I took a risk at 180, an early adopter, no reviews, available, no explanation, the manual is minimalist, next to nothing about operation etc etc. No, I took a risk because it was made in Ireland and I wanted a device that was not going to burn the herb. It worked well... when it worked, I was going to rave over it, now? I bought the competions device , not so technically complex but perhaps it will actually work a bit longer than 2 months.

Ps The Canary isles are Spain but a special tax zone, sending it to Eire could just take a week, getting it back' could easily take a month, easily, if it ever arrived. If it was a new replacement It would get pulled at customs and I would have to import it, pay 10%tax provide my NIE number which I dont have not being a resident. No I have enough experiance out here to know that that route was not possible, besides I was returning to Ireland in a 2or3weeks so It would have to be out and back befor then or get lost in the system.

My choice was no device for3weeks or see If I could fix it.
as soon as it went I contacted them, they didnt reply for 3 days, a long time when you wanna a toke but with no combustion. back to eating?
It was unreliable. fact.
It malfunctioned after 8 weeks, fact.
the company will not repair it under warrenty, fact.
These facts speak for them selves.

A big shame , a big let down.

tradhead,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
^^^^^

I can certainly understand your issue that it would take a while to get it back, but when you called them about it did you ask about taking it apart? In any case I agree there have been a couple of issues with users, but most have been due to user error. (i.e. stripping the heat pin screws because they turned it too tight or turning on while still wet :rolleyes:). This would usually void a warranty out right because it trully was the fault of the user for messing it up, however they still honored the warranty and allowed the users to send them in. I even saw one case where they covered the shipping to Ireland. To me this shows they care in terms of customer service. I too had an issue with reaching them by email, but this was due to their 2 week holiday during christmas and new years. After which I have been in contact with them with no issues. I am in Miami and it usually takes them less than 24 hours to respond. The best time I find is during the mornings over here. Let me ask you this. Why would you even have tried to open the thing up if it looks like it could break very easyily with too much pressure in the wrong area. There are no screws or anything. I would think if they wanted their customers to open them up they would have put screws or something easy to get at. Not try and figure it out and pry the thing open. IMO it was the wrong thing to do. Hands down and again it sucks that you have to go without vaping for a while now.

buddhaholic420,

max

Out to lunch
Sorry your unit broke, but almost all products have a warning that 'opening will void the warranty'. Your expectations aren't realistic.

can you believe the cheek of the guy.
Yeah. I can believe they're upholding an industry standard that you don't open up a product if you want it repaired under warranty.

The stem breaks far too easily, both mine snapped.
I broke a mouthpiece at the threads, but it was my fault. I disagree that the stem/mouthpiece is fragile. You just have to be careful.

what kind of medical equipment is it that has such a poor performance?
I wouldn't compare it to medical equipment. That term brings to mind expensive hospital hardware.

It was unreliable. fact.
It malfunctioned after 8 weeks, fact.
the company will not repair it under warrenty, fact.
These facts speak for them selves.
Mine was one of the first ones shipped (bought it on pre-sale). I've used it probably 4-5 days a week since I got it and it's worked fine. Yours crapped out . It happens with the best of products. You voided the warranty by opening it. These facts speak for themselves as well.

Haven't heard of a 'half baked portable'. Is it a portable from Half Baked Goods on eBay?

max,
Top Bottom