Cheap High Quality Bubbler

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I dunno I think that the people who would buy grav labs stuff and those who buy expensive glass are different people . I could see maybe spending big money on one of the pumps that fits into a Mason jar as those are pretty cool .

You might consider a custom drop down which makes the enail sit level as that could help the leaning issue potentially

I am one person that will buy high end glass, Chinese glass and stuff in between like Grav labs. I just don't think the Bates clear pieces are any better than the Grav labs clear from what Baron says. BUT Those sick mason jar colabs are rare as shit and really unique, those are a bit different. He is comparing the same 2 rigs that look almost identical but have a different label because 1 was Pre-sellout and 1 was Post-sellout! lol. The only difference in the 2 is that the label has "Grav labs" added to it now pretty much. But selling out isn't all bad, It is an art form for some people and a business for others. and if you are lucky it can be both lol. I agree that no one will be buying those old stock clear Bates x Worm glass pieces for $500 though when they can get the exact rig for $150 anywhere now.

It sits level. The Liger can be set at any angle. Working very well and it isn't tippy without the drop. I would rather use a drop down just for easy collection of my reclaim for edibles but in this rig I will just leave it off. There isn't much heat transfer with the Liger so reclaim was the only reason to use it. Yeah, with the angle of this neck the Liger would be the only nail to actually sit level unless you picked it up because it's definitely not a 90 degree joint but it's not a 45 either. I guess it's a 67.5 degree joint lol So I have the liger locked in at a 67.5 degree angle and it's working great! I wish my little glass valve ball was black like @Baron23 internal pump though!

I have black ball envy ;)

qpAKIj3.jpg

N7TqVb6.jpg

Last edited:
I am one person that will buy high end glass, Chinese glass and stuff in between like Grav labs. I just don't think the Bates clear pieces are any better than the Grav labs clear from what Baron says. BUT Those sick mason jar colabs are rare as shit and really unique, those are a bit different. He is comparing the same 2 rigs that look almost identical but have a different label because 1 was Pre-sellout and 1 was Post-sellout! lol. The only difference in the 2 is that the label has "Grav labs" added to it now pretty much. But selling out isn't all bad, It is an art form for some people and a business for others. and if you are lucky it can be both lol. I agree that no one will be buying those old stock clear Bates x Worm glass pieces for $500 though when they can get the exact rig for $150 anywhere now.

It sits level. The Liger can be set at any angle. Working very well and it isn't tippy without the drop. I would rather use a drop down just for easy collection of my reclaim for edibles but in this rig I will just leave it off. There isn't much heat transfer with the Liger so reclaim was the only reason to use it. Yeah, with the angle of this neck the Liger would be the only nail to actually sit level unless you picked it up because it's definitely not a 90 degree joint but it's not a 45 either. I guess it's a 67.5 degree joint lol So I have the liger locked in at a 67.5 degree angle and it's working great! I wish my little glass valve ball was black like @Baron23 internal pump though!

qpAKIj3.jpg

N7TqVb6.jpg
How does the hit compare on the external vs internal?

Last edited:
Cannabis Connoisseur,

Baron23

qpAKIj3.jpg

N7TqVb6.jpg

You nailed it, @mrbonsai420! I also believe that artists deserve to afford to eat, own car, maybe even have health insurance! LOL

I have no problem with Steve doing designs and selling them to production houses. You got it in one, though. My issue is that he previously sold pretty much the identical piece of glass to shops around the country at a much higher price point. If I bought a Bates internal for $450-500 and then got a ToM advertisement email with a Gravlabs version for $109, I would be pissed. However, I did it backward from that! LOL

The bead in my externals are not black either...neither the Bates original nor the Gravlabs. Not sure why the internal's bead is black. The Bates internals with beautifully colored glass in the diffussion pumps were spectacular looking and as soon as I win the Lotto I will buy one! LOL I certainly can't fault Mr. Bates for the quality or aesthetics of his work.

One last thought, I have a glass studio near me. They will do some custom work, a lot of repair work, and they make adapters/dabbers/etc for the retail store (and teach glass blowing). I had thought to take my Gravlabs version to them and see if they can straighten the joint...may still do that as I now have two external pumps (sigh). If I do, I will let you know the result.

Cheers my friend.

Cheers

weenstoned

Still think it might be a lot more stable if you got a drop down that significantly lowered the nail since the piece is not top heavy .

I just think that given that there's a good chance that grav labs stuff is blown in China (what I've heard, but I could be wrong) there's definitely a type of person who would shell out 500 because it's actually blown in America by a master. It would need a lot of heady color for me to shell out that much though .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

KimDracula

Still think it might be a lot more stable if you got a drop down that significantly lowered the nail since the piece is not top heavy .

I just think that given that there's a good chance that grav labs stuff is blown in China (what I've heard, but I could be wrong) there's definitely a type of person who would shell out 500 because it's actually blown in America by a master. It would need a lot of heady color for me to shell out that much though .

It's not so much that the piece gets top-heavy but rather that it's base is small in diameter while also being thin so it's difficult not to move the center of gravity beyond the base with a dropdown plus enail and coil. Then again, that's kind of the same thing, isn't it? I guess I just don't see how lowering the nail would really solve it.

I believe the Grav Labs stuff is blown in the US (Texas, IIRC?).

KimDracula,
Reactions: ataxian

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
It's not so much that the piece gets top-heavy but rather that it's base is small in diameter while also being thin so it's difficult not to move the center of gravity beyond the base with a dropdown plus enail and coil. Then again, that's kind of the same thing, isn't it? I guess I just don't see how lowering the nail would really solve it.

I believe the Grav Labs stuff is blown in the US (Texas, IIRC?).

From what I remember I think someone suggested that the nail be lowered until it was level. Meaning level with the table or whatever surface is supporting the pump. It would become a second stand or leg for the pump.

I see that your quoted post shows someone suggesting lowering the center of gravity but not level. I don't know about that.

Baron23

Ya that would solve it as well, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if you bring it to get the base improved and the blower says drop-down.
I hear you, mate. But the original Bates I have does indeed have the joint vertical so closer to the body and I have tried a drop down on it and rotated the drop down in the joint to get it next to the body. It was as good as can be done without ordering a custom drop down. Certainly, getting the dropped joint as low as possible would help but I don't think enough.

All in all, I still found it too unstable to be trustworthy and the drop down/Liger were just in the way.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm sure Bates is stoked to license his design. I don't see it as selling out as you're not even buying his lamp work, just his design. You're still supporting Steve Bates when you buy the Grav Labs piece. Much better position than to just get blatantly knocked off with zero kickbacks ala John Mobius / D020D.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Hi, after so many of us are looking for separate mouthpieces and cause of the lack of offers on DHGate I talked about this issue with Jane from Stevenlmz79. She replied they would like to produce and offer more seperate mouthpieces if there really should be greater demand.
Up to now they have three different kinds of mouthpieces in bundle with a rig. A short and a long one with 18,8mm female joint and one with a male joint (Thats of the FC-UFO).

On demand all mouthpieces can be bought seperately.

I told her, that there would be a larger amount of customers on FC, who would like other shaped mouthpieces especially regarding to the shape of the tip of the mouthpiece (bulbshaped f.e.)
It would be nice when all interested customers would descripe their wished mouthpieces (shape, measures etc.) here, eventually with uploaded pics.
So I could discuss this issue with Jane

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Any recommendations on a good Dabbing rig? Purely used for dabbing alone. As I don't have access to any kind of oil other than rosin, i will be pressing it myself at low temps and would prefer something which doesnt take away much flavor.

Would prefer one with builtin bangers and a tiny body.

Also on a side note, how is this one ? http://www.dhgate.com/product/labs-...-rigs/380629272.html#s1-4-1b;searl|1234690679

One perc, max. And a simple perc at that. For more flavor, you want low diffusion and small size.
This works great, and is low cost too. Not sure what you mean by "built in" bangers. You need to buy one separate. These are good.

Dynalowrider

I have been looking around for a less than 10" or smaller bubbler for vapes. Not interested in concentrates, (been there done that).
I have a Haze Dual v3, and a Boundless CFX. Both of which will be on top of a bubbler with an adaptor.
One of my concerns is heat. The CFX WPA gets warm. Should the fitting be male or female? If the WPA gets warm, won't it expand and settle on the male fitting so it's hard to remove, or expand enough to break the female fitting?
I'm such a worry-wart.
I don't want something that looks like a "Rube Goldberg", (look it up), or a plumbers nightmare.
Help a fellow out, what do you use? Doc

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: Thcgos

Baron23

I have been looking around for a less than 10" or smaller bubbler for vapes. Not interested in concentrates, (been there done that).
I have a Haze Dual v3, and a Boundless CFX. Both of which will be on top of a bubbler with an adaptor.
One of my concerns is heat. The CFX WPA gets warm. Should the fitting be male or female? If the WPA gets warm, won't it expand and settle on the male fitting so it's hard to remove, or expand enough to break the female fitting?
I'm such a worry-wart.
I don't want something that looks like a "Rube Goldberg", (look it up), or a plumbers nightmare.
I like this a lot

https://www.420science.com/products/grav-labs-bates-worm-collab-diffusion-pump-bubbler

Bates%20Internal%201.jpeg

Last edited:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I'm such a worry-wart.

This is a very popular choice.
1.0x0.jpg

244202146.html

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I'm such a worry-wart.

May be a SonG would be the right adapter for you? Secure, easy to remove, non breakable.
Contact Ratchett from Delta3Dstudios. He can help you for sure.
For the Haze he already has the right gadgets

Hogni,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I've got to tip my hat to the USPS for getting me my Slyme Kleino (dino Klein) in time to pretend the end of the world isn't nigh.

I requested one without a CCG label and that's exactly what I got. Despite the warnings about minor imperfections this thing is basically flawless with the minor exception of the front right leg being a hair shorter than the other 3. As soon as I can devise a way to put an liger and drop down on it without risking it tipping over I'll get some pics and a function vid.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm sure Bates is stoked to license his design. I don't see it as selling out as you're not even buying his lamp work, just his design. You're still supporting Steve Bates when you buy the Grav Labs piece. Much better position than to just get blatantly knocked off with zero kickbacks ala John Mobius / D020D.
In CALIFORNIA we have glass blowers everywhere!

I mix it up with custom and DHGATE pieces.
Breaking GLASS is what I do!
At least I enjoy CANNABIS!
ta3JsyF.jpg

rocky2298

Good morning!

I just purchased a E-Nano and it's been delivered! ---- I like it a lot but I'm still learning as its been under a week I've had it --- E-Nano Standard Wood Kit (CherryEnano) x 1, Fixed Glass Screen E-Nano Stem (All glass fixed-screen-enano-stem) x 1, 18mm/19mm fixed screen all glass GonG (19mm-fixed-glass-gong) x 1, E-Pick (epick) x 1

Could anyone point me toward some basic glass/bubbler pieces that are compatible to my above hardware.. I know there is a couple different ones on DHGATE - And i will order from there also, but is there any other places with a little faster shipping lol? I don't have a lot of time as I'll be leaving next weekend for out of town work until the New Yr.. Amazon would work well for me .

I'm a total nood to vaping hardware and glass. Also, Any recommendations for extra glass backup hardware that I should order now so I'm not crying later when it inevitably breaks and I'm left empty handed!

I normally always thoroughly research and search out my answers before posting on forums but everything in life is changing fast for me right now so my time is very limited and when you're very green to switching from combustion to vaping there is quite the learning curve to get it right.

Thanks so, so much all :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Good morning!

I just purchased a E-Nano and it's been delivered! ---- I like it a lot but I'm still learning as its been under a week I've had it --- E-Nano Standard Wood Kit (CherryEnano) x 1, Fixed Glass Screen E-Nano Stem (All glass fixed-screen-enano-stem) x 1, 18mm/19mm fixed screen all glass GonG (19mm-fixed-glass-gong) x 1, E-Pick (epick) x 1

Could anyone point me toward some basic glass/bubbler pieces that are compatible to my above hardware.. I know there is a couple different ones on DHGATE - And i will order from there also, but is there any other places with a little faster shipping lol? I don't have a lot of time as I'll be leaving next weekend for out of town work until the New Yr.. Amazon would work well for me .

I'm a total nood to vaping hardware and glass. Also, Any recommendations for extra glass backup hardware that I should order now so I'm not crying later when it inevitably breaks and I'm left empty handed!

I normally always thoroughly research and search out my answers before posting on forums but everything in life is changing fast for me right now so my time is very limited and when you're very green to switching from combustion to vaping there is quite the learning curve to get it right.

Thanks so, so much all :)
One of the best delivery service is OGB (oregon glass blower)
The 18mm GonG's are my favorite. (NANO WISE)

Remember: Their is a way!

Your's = CIVILIZED

I have a lot of GLASS (CUSTOM and dhgate)
This helps you to be patient.
I break glass all the time so that's another reason.

Big boy's don't cry! (lyrics from a song from the 70's!)

Top Bottom