Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Hey FCers. I'm back.

Wish I could jump on the Joda fanboy train now that I've received the gong. The coloring on the gong looks nice and overall it seems nicely made, but unfortunately the thing has a pretty undeniable flaw in its function.

The stem designed to hold the enano has a ring around the lip that isn't present on standard enano screens. The ring causes the vape to not seat properly. Here you can see a comparison of standard stems vs. Joda's. Joda's looks more like a mouthpiece than a gong to me.
QcqG9P6.jpg

If I leave the piece on a table and hold the power cord in my lap to offset the weight of it I can get the enano to balance upright on the gong. However, if I try to move the piece at all or pass it to a friend the vape ends up getting off balance and smacking people in the bridge of the nose when they go to hit the piece.

This is what happens any time I move or pass the piece:
LHhMjMZ.jpg

Not only does this make the thing a pain to hit and a pain to pass, but I also worry about it slowly loosening and potentially breaking the center tube in the enano. Since it causes the enano to wobble around a lot each time it is passed, I worry that it is causing unnecessary stress where the inner tube meets the outer tube in the vape. Luckily the enano is pretty sturdy, but I'm still concerned.

The entire reason I wanted a carbed gong was to simplify the process of passing the enano in a circle of people who aren't familiar with clearing it. Unfortunately the wobbliness of the gong just makes it more confusing for people, so we're back to warning our guests how not to burn themselves while pulling the standard gongs.

Hopefully this is just a bad gong and not all of Joda's gongs will behave this way.
Either way, I can't recommend him for this type of custom work.

If you still want to place a custom order with him I say go for it, just be patient and hopefully you'll be luckier than me.

Beautiful collection there Mr. Bonsai! I think I might have the one mega mai tai recycler that you didn't snatch up. I managed to pull the trigger on it right before he switched the minimum order quantity to 5 pieces. It's really too bad that he isn't able to sell more designs through DHG. I've been asking him about his TAG pieces and some other designs for quite some time now.

Mod note: posts merged.
Just pass the water pipe with the gong in it, then pass the nano and they can place it on themselves. It's really not hard.
I have a nano stem from him and it's a little crooked too, but it hasn't stopped from using it with my log vapes. I just don't balance the log on top of any of my gongs, especially since it could easily fall over. Just my two cents.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just pass the water pipe with the gong in it, then pass the nano and they can place it on themselves. It's really not hard.
I have a nano stem from him and it's a little crooked too, but it hasn't stopped from using it with my log vapes. I just don't balance the log on top of any of my gongs, especially since it could easily fall over. Just my two cents.
KQlHTka.jpg

I have tested many vaporizers and played with glass.
The FLAVOR achieved is very = CIVILIZED

abby

Is any of the glass on dhgate actually 7mm thick throughout most of the body? (Especially on some of the smaller pieces)

abby,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i just got my conversion rig... quality is more than acceptable but there is definitely room for improvement, just slightly crooked, a few marks from what might have been a lathe, and a few bubbles.

BUT seller did not honor the buy one get one free and only sent one piece. i sent the seller a polite note hoping to resolve without filling a dispute. we will see how it plays out.

virtualpurple

i just got my conversion rig... quality is more than acceptable but there is definitely room for improvement, just slightly crooked, a few marks from what might have been a lathe, and a few bubbles.

BUT seller did not honor the buy one get one free and only sent one piece. i sent the seller a polite note hoping to resolve without filling a dispute. we will see how it plays out.

Do you mind posting a pic?

I'm going to backtrack the thread and see if I can find it!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Instagram is a great place to buy glass. I just paid 110 for this little american made banger hanger I fell in love with because of the colors! The purple raindrop and green marble really do it for me. I'll share more info once I actually get it and test it.
hanger.png
Well, I got it. It's definitely flawed. But it's functional and it is nice looking.

IMG_20161102_152342183.jpg

Here's a milky vapor shot. And embarrassing clutter hahaha Man, that looks straight up like smoke! It was smooth as hell though.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I broke my glass the other day after setting it to rest on my open Macbook on my bed lol. I was being too lazy from a wake & vake to set it on the dresser.... The way it broke was so stupid and blatantly my fault I couldn't help but laugh lol. It looked fine at first, then the joint fell off :science:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: ataxian

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well, I got it. It's definitely flawed. But it's functional and it is nice looking.

IMG_20161102_152342183.jpg

Here's a milky vapor shot. And embarrassing clutter hahaha Man, that looks straight up like smoke! It was smooth as hell though.

So is that a 2 or 3 hole perc or is it just open at the bottom?

If anyone wants that extra Red Elvis Klein it's in the classifieds FYI.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
GAH!!! My Slyme Kleino (dino Klein) is sitting at the ISC and is expected to deliver Monday. I want it now! I need to be in a stupor until next Wednesday.
Why next Wednesday?

Everyday you should be in a stupor!

You will read faster!
Drive better!
Drink more!

No one lives forever?

Be CIVILIZED!
CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

FREE THINKING

No BRAINIER

SUPERSTITION is PRIMATIVE!
(spelled wrong)
OK too much SHATTER and CANNABIS COLAS!

NOW = CIVILIZED

CANNABIS = LOGICAL

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ooh my glob! The joint just broke off my little bubbler and it's not even been 24 hours. Worst hundred i ever spent!

I would complain to that guy. He sorta mis-represents his stuff and leads people to believe that they are US glass when they are cheap Chinese mass produced units. He may offer you your money back if you let him know that you will most likely warn other potential bidders on his IG in the future. Aka put his ass on blast for selling that junk for over $100 and saying it's US glass rod. He should be ashamed. Don't put up with that shit.
It's not your fault for getting scammed, people shouldn't be scamming. But check here first before bidding if there is a question. We know our Chinese glass around here lol.

Baron23

I wish the base was wider and heavier for enail use.

Ah, you got it at last. I'm glad you like the function. I have had to use it without a drop down as with one and the Liger its just too close to tipping over. Of course that means I get reclaim in the tube below the joint but its been managable so far.

I have a local glass/vape shop near me that also has a glass studio. I was even thinking about taking the Gravlabs collab version to them and see about adding some additional width and weight to the base. That's all it needs to be pretty much perfect in terms of function.

Best of luck with it and hope you continue to enjoy it. I'm certainly liking the internal pump you recommended. Spot on, mate.

Oh, by the by, at this local shop that had original Bates internal pumps...not Gravlabs version...at about $500 for scientific but they had some worked glass ones there also for up to $700-750 maybe. They are a few years old stock, but I still think that Steve Bates did his retailers a disservice by selling expensive name brand glass and then selling the same exact design for cheaper production runs. In all honesty, I could not recommend that someone spend the $$ for his original with a pretty much exact duplicate out there for $110-150. Just saying, I think he cut his retailers off at the knees. I'm fine with him selling a design, but off the rack can be evocative of the haute couture models but absolutely can't be the same...otherwise, no haute couture sales. Yeah?

Last edited:

weenstoned

I dunno I think that the people who would buy grav labs stuff and those who buy expensive glass are different people . I could see maybe spending big money on one of the pumps that fits into a Mason jar as those are pretty cool .

You might consider a custom drop down which makes the enail sit level as that could help the leaning issue potentially

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Couple weeks back I got a mini Torus from Steven. Nice and straight. Doesn't drain completely, but I guess that's a Torus thing. So I ordered a mini Klein. Got it today. Packing was on point, no way this is gonna break in transit unless they throw it at a wall, HARD. Functions nice, even drains (almost) completely. But the alignment is wonky, like 30 degrees off. Looking down from the top, the drain should be opposite the joint/downstem, and the curve in the MP should line up too. I don't need perfection, but this is sad. Messaged Steven, at least I can probably get a discount. Sure wish they could improve QC.
gXDful3.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Send them a mail and ask for it!? So far I know they have two different sized ones. Maybe its only interessting for them if you would order a few.
Alternatively order one rig (the other rig with seperate mouthpiece is the FC-UFO) and order one or two other mouthpieces as replacement. So I will do with my next order of the FC-UFO.
Jane, CS at steven, is very helpfully.

Hogni,
Reactions: DieHard
Top Bottom