Cheap High Quality Bubbler

brainiac

log wrangler
Just an update on my last post #23491
I messaged DHgate about the log-in page being flagged as 'Connection is Not Secure' by Firefox.
They advised me to change my browser - aka: shoot the messenger.
Anyway, I've changed my password and will change it again when Firefox is happier with their security arrangements.
This has been a public service announcement by Brainiac Megacorps Inc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...
My Fab Egg came with a failed joint so it'll be a stress-test for senyoglass420's CS dept. We'll see how it pans out.

:leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf:

jl420

Guys I got f**ked :doh: I filled the rig with water cleaned it off set it down on the table and proceeded to get my enail ready. I then noticed water all over the place, I thought maybe I didn't clean off excess water but soon realized what was going on. The two welds below the mouth-piece on the blue tubes were leaking. Tiny pin holes but enough to render this rig useless. I sent a message to the seller but being that it's Chinese New Year I don't expect a response soon. I'll keep everyone posted as to what their response will be but until then I would hold off ordering this rig from this seller until I know what's gonna happen. Sucks but at least $34 is easier to swallow than $1200...:shrug:

Alright my Dabbin' brethren I went Mr. Fix-It on this piece. I picked up some J-B Weld (clear) and used 100 grit sandpaper and went around both spots to scuff it up a bit. Applied the epoxy and let it dry for 24 hours. I filled it with water and success no leaks whatsoever. I showed some friends and they couldn't even tell I had done some work to it. I went light but thorough on the application and it looks pretty decent. I then gave it a thorough ISO/salt wash and then used some PBW and tons of warm water rinses (super OCD). Still no leaks and I was able to break it in officially today. Function was perfect and no wierd funky taste or smell but I'm still gonna let the seller know it leaked. Just in case all they do is offer a 5% discount on future purchases (yeah right :lol:) at least it works. Like I said for $34 it could have been worse...Thanx All...

tepictoton

Just a heads up, after my purchase from headshop420 at dhgate my credit card data has been robbed and used for many purchases. Just got back from bank, had to go to police and so on.

No fun at all.

Strange thing is it has been used to order stuff in Amsterdam and Berlin...

Always used to use pre-paid credit cards for dhgate orders, now I remember why...

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Just a heads up, after my purchase from headshop420 at dhgate my credit card data has been robbed and used for many purchases. Just got back from bank, had to go to police and so on.

No fun at all.

Always used to use pre-paid credit cards for dhgate orders, now I remember why...

Woah that sucks, thank you for the heads up.

brainiac

log wrangler

This ties in with the Firefox warning of unsecure log-in page (see my posts #23491 and #23501). It also means that the assurances given to me by DHgate are worthless. Here's the section of their response regarding that issue:

Thanks for contacting DHgate Customer Service. We're glad to assist you with your concern.
In regards with your concern, yes all your information in Dhgate are totally secured so you don't have to worry with that.In regards with the connection secure please try to use different browser if your not comportable to for the security of the other website.
Sandy
Customer Service Center
DHgate.com

Firefox is still flagging the homepage as unsecure. I guess all the technicians are on holiday.
I've unticked the remember me box and changed my password.

Personally, I'm buying nothing on DHgate until they've got this security issue fixed.

@tepictoton hope you get your account sorted out without financial loss and the minimum of hassle.
Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: If you used your DHgate password on any other site change it there too.

:leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf:

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Are you SURE that misuse of yöur card has been happened by somebody of dhgate?

Firefox is pretty fast in declaring a site as unsecure.

If there were any online orders made with your card you should contact the sellers for datas of orders.

Hogni,
Reactions: brainiac

tepictoton

Just to make clear, I have no proof dhgate is the culprit!

Just saying it seems more then a coincidence that this started to happen 3 days after making the dhgate purchase.

That is also why I mentioned things were ordered from Amsterdam and Berlin, I do not think some Chinese guy is behind it hihi...

Now the question would be if a 'third' party has been able to intercept my payment and data along with it.

I have always used prepaid cards before on dhgate. And I do remember other members getting strange bills on their credit card after using dhgate.

Would I buy from dhgate again, if I can find prepaid cards again I will. With my regular credit card, no way.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Nevertheless I would contact sellers for datas.

But in deed all your experiences sound a little bit strange

Hogni,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It happened to me too.
The purchases were made in the States.
Now I only use a bank debit card with enough funds to cover the purchase, I have an account just for that.
MADE IN CALIFORNIA is OK?

I have a few ideals?
No $ trouble!

QUALITY not QUANTITY

MEDICATED MEDICATOR = CIVILIZED

Made in USA?

PPN

Volute of Vapor

No fun at all.

Hmm... it looks like I will not buy cheap glass for now...or I'll look for a pre-payed cart!

Jaydubya710

So I caught up on this latest drama late. But I ordered a couple pieces this weekend from DHgate. Can't remember the seller off the top of my head. Anyway I put the order in everything was ok payment is listed as accepted on dhgate, the funds in my account went unavailable as if the payment was fine, but this morning the money is back in my account and available. DHGATE still lists it as payed though. Anyone have any similar issues? Payment was accepted by dhgate on the 30th. Should I just wait a few days and see what happens or do I contact the seller asap?

Jaydubya710,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
My bong from Steven arrived yesterday. It ended up being a 18mm female gong rather than the 14mm that I thought it was going to be. There's also some scratches on the main tube from poor material storage but that's really a minor issue. I'm super happy with the thickness and quality of production as it is flawless otherwise. I'll post some pics later today once I'm done making a custom 18mm Vapcap vong.

33msh04.jpg

Last edited:

abcd5432

Do you have a real Mobius reti? I have a nice Chinese version. I like it, but the volume is a little more than I like for solo vaping. It isn't too hard to keep it calm while hitting and get great hits through it.

Different strokes.... I like all showerheads, but love my old jhanpixel UFO (where I think the ides for FC-UFO came from). It has those big honkin slits like in the picture above. I've had it for a few years (4?), and don't think it has ever been dry for more than a month!
I have a real mobius matrix perc. As I've learned more, I do appreciate the Matrix perc from Mobius more now. I may get another real mobius again, but Steven LMZ Matrix percs aren't too bad. They need to squeeze in 50% more Vertical slits at least to make it like the Matrix perc IMO from pic judgements, but otherwise, it's still good.

I really think the main problem is that these chinese glass blowers haven't seen real pieces or smoked. If I could actually buy a Chinese glass blowing shop, I could definitely improve the quality to beyond American blowers IMO. My main hurdle is finding a shop, and being Chinese to own Chinese assets, but I think I can get around number 2 with some friends, so just need to hire some quality Chinese glass blowers!

abcd5432

On another note, I can't stress enough guys, get lots of pieces =D.

I always find I have a different mood/desire for the day. Today, my allergies are acting up, and I'm quite stuffy. I can't inhale for long. No problem, use the matrix perc on a low temp. Easy pull.

Another day, I just want to take massive rips before a long car ride. No problem, 12 inch Taurus clone + matrix perc ash catcher. Quickly take massive vape rips that I can hold in my lungs before I head out.

Tons of fun finding the pieces you like for whatever situations. Chinese glass is cheap, accumulate and enjoy! Don't just accept the generic choices of getting a d020 or fc 187 or something. Try some stuff out.

Mostly FC/GB stuff though.... Some of the other random pieces I've gotten have been super low quality.

Edit:
I only need $400 more of glass. Wnat? Huh? I don't know :(.... Soon!

Last edited:

brainiac

log wrangler
Whilst things are quiet around here I thought I'd share a joint with you.

Remember that fab egg I ordered as a reward for heroically hosting the family for another fun festive holiday? Well, it came with a failed joint.
The joint in question is the upper downpipe support where it connects to the body of the egg. The downpipe is still attached at the base of the inner 'shell'.

Trouble is that the fail is quite hard to see but it's definitely not attached to the egg body. Touching it gently makes that horrible sound of glass grating against glass :ugh:.

I sent photos similar to those below to the vendor within 24 hours of receiving the piece which was 24th of Jan. They should be back at their desks by Tuesday and I should get a response then.

Do you think that these photos are adequate proof of a break? Note too the bubbling in that area. There's a picture of the whole piece here: #23354

Some arrows on this one to point the vendor in the right direction

I'll let you know what the vendor intends to do to put this right as soon as I hear from them.

:leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf:

Last edited:

ghost

Is there a reasonably priced bubbler similar to the D020-D with the matrix inspired perc, that is sold from a company in the US? Or is there possibly someone in the US that resells DHgate pieces?

abcd5432

Is there a reasonably priced bubbler similar to the D020-D with the matrix inspired perc, that is sold from a company in the US? Or is there possibly someone in the US that resells DHgate pieces?
I'll resell you marked up dhgate glass. Not sure why you'd want that but I'll do it

Any reason why you wouldn't just order straight from them?

Otherwise can't go wrong with the matrix perc. I feel Stevens are the best matrix percs, but they still aren't the real thing. I wonder if we can get Steven to add more slits on his current matrix.

bagelbanger

Has anyone had any success using a prepaid gift card (visa or MC) on dhgate shipping to USA? I purchased a card and it won't allow me to order internationally online...

bagelbanger,
Reactions: brainiac
Top Bottom