Cheap High Quality Bubbler

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
what's the advantage of using a bucket like that vs using an enail?

I know i see all the glob droppers on instagram not many use enails.

anyone try glassartist new klein out?

Are kleins loud? In terms of fc710 loud. Also in terms of that glass artist small beaker bong loud.

A lot of the lack of enails is mostly due to lots of heady rigs being too small to really support the weight of an enail. Also I would say that torches also have their appeal on an enthusiast level. I would liken being able to properly time a fab with a torch to being able to properly tamp/pull a shot of espresso from a manual espresso machine vs an enail being more like a Mr coffee drip machine. Don't mean to disparage enails but IMO a torch/banger is better unless you are planning to drop a couple of hundred dollars on your nail alone (not counting the controller box).

That and I think it's probably easier to use a torch/bangers at a big session when everyone shows up with a different rig and they all want to hit everything.
But I also thought it was kind of strange that there are almost no enails on IG.
Which brings up a question: why don't people use dropdowns when torching their banger in their super expensive rig?
I don't think that I've seen anyone using a dropdown as they torch a banger on their multi thousand dollar rig.
Wouldn't a torch and banger combo have a much larger thermal shock issue than an enail that warms up more slowly and then ~stays at temp?

PukinBeagle also makes a custom 50mm Thermal banger and a triple 25mm!

Personally I think that the ease of use and dependable temperature offered by an enail makes them the winner (but I also have a few really expensive nails).

weenstoned

That and I think it's probably easier to use a torch/bangers at a big session when everyone shows up with a different rig and they all want to hit everything.
But I also thought it was kind of strange that there are almost no enails on IG.
Which brings up a question: why don't people use dropdowns when torching their banger in their super expensive rig?
I don't think that I've seen anyone using a dropdown as they torch a banger on their multi thousand dollar rig.
Wouldn't a torch and banger combo have a much larger thermal shock issue than an enail that warms up more slowly and then ~stays at temp?

Personally I think that the ease of use and dependable temperature offered by an enail makes them the winner (but I also have a few really expensive nails).

I don't think a drop down is necessary as the heat on your joint is pretty minimal, like usually less than a glass coming out of a dishwasher (and heady joints are typically a lot thicker than your average drinking glass). I bet just straight up torching most heady glass probably wouldn't harm it much as long as you weren't making it cold right after.

weenstoned,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
what's the advantage of using a bucket like that vs using an enail?

I know i see all the glob droppers on instagram not many use enails.

anyone try glassartist new klein out?

Are kleins loud? In terms of fc710 loud. Also in terms of that glass artist small beaker bong loud.

As you know I use the shit out of an Enail, but I also have a Quave banger, Or QCB I use on the road sometimes. It is a step Below Evan Shore and Pukinbeagle bangers but still much better than any Hyman DH gate quartz. The better the quartz the longer it retains heat. And the advantage to me is no battery , I still prefer my enail at home and still even use a travel enail. . But a quick torch dab from one of my little banger hangers is fun too! I still buy my friends throw away DH gate quartz bangers though because they can't even fathom spending $300 on a rig let alone the nail!
I might try a Thermal P knock off for sure! for me I just like having multiple options on what to smoke out of. Plus some of my little mini rigs just work better with a banger than an enail.

weenstoned

Pretty sure qcb is considered a step above or at least at par with Evan Shore as he basically just copied their shaping (though lately he seems to have changed the base slightly). I don't think better Quartz retains heat better, you're paying for more consistent shaping and to support American artists.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
A lot of the lack of enails is mostly due to lots of heady rigs being too small to really support the weight of an enail. Also I would say that torches also have their appeal on an enthusiast level. I would liken being able to properly time a fab with a torch to being able to properly tamp/pull a shot of espresso from a manual espresso machine vs an enail being more like a Mr coffee drip machine. Don't mean to disparage enails but IMO a torch/banger is better unless you are planning to drop a couple of hundred dollars on your nail alone (not counting the controller box).

I'll give you the first point about some heady rigs not being able to support an enail but idk about the timing torch dabs thing. I was starting to feel like Rain Man from counting out seconds before dabbing for at least a year. After ~11 months torchless I used my quartz nectar collector and it was kinda fun but otherwise meh.

weenstoned

@063_XOBX I definitely agree there's a bit of a rain man quality to it, but using the stop watch app on my phone makes it a bit less insane. I would say espresso also has that kind of quality to it which is why most people don't really make it at home. If I have people over I will probably pull out the enail but if I am rolling solo then I find it more enjoyable to torch up/a bit better for my self control as I have to wait/do work to have another dab. Then I also usually just leave the stopwatch app going so I can monitor how frequently I am dabbing.

DrSteez

that makes total sense about the weight, I can see a nail tipping over a rig easy. But, and this is personal preference, I feel like the enail dab I take is much better than the timed dab I take off my bucket. But then again, i did spend a pretty penny onthe nail. I just wondering if people spend thousands of dollars on glass, why not throw 150 for a nice quartz nail and enail.

:)

As you know I use the shit out of an Enail, but I also have a Quave banger, Or QCB I use on the road sometimes. It is a step Below Evan Shore and Pukinbeagle bangers but still much better than any Hyman DH gate quartz. The better the quartz the longer it retains heat. And the advantage to me is no battery , I still prefer my enail at home and still even use a travel enail. . But a quick torch dab from one of my little banger hangers is fun too! I still buy my friends throw away DH gate quartz bangers though because they can't even fathom spending $300 on a rig let alone the nail!
I might try a Thermal P knock off for sure! for me I just like having multiple options on what to smoke out of. Plus some of my little mini rigs just work better with a banger than an enail.

I totally feel you on that! variety=spice of life and all :))

DrSteez,

galacticdad

that makes total sense about the weight, I can see a nail tipping over a rig easy. But, and this is personal preference, I feel like the enail dab I take is much better than the timed dab I take off my bucket. But then again, i did spend a pretty penny onthe nail. I just wondering if people spend thousands of dollars on glass, why not throw 150 for a nice quartz nail and enail.

:)

I totally feel you on that! variety=spice of life and all :))

I'm with you there. I'd rather hit a snake dab off my Liger than any of the bangers I currently have.

But this.. this could change things. I'm optimistic.

Also, what is the deal with giving me a non-working tracking number? Had that issue the last three orders.

galacticdad,

weenstoned

I think dudes who spend big money on pieces probably wouldn't buy a $150 enail and would likely buy some kind of dnail or other name brand and some fancy nail which likely puts the cost at $400+ which is money that could be used to buy another piece of glass (not to mention the cost of custom drop downs which lots of dudes with expensive pieces would probably want if they got an enail) . I have a cheap Quartz hybrid enail, personally I find banger hits tastier. Also I have a couple of heady carb caps that aren't usable with an enail as well (though I guess they would be with the liger) and I think that's also the case for a lot of people with expensive pieces.

YungLeaner

The Instagram banger thing is honestly all hype and trend. Glass art community is like any art, fashion or lifestyle community. It is essentially a monolith that has subsets of people acting of their own accord, and most people doing whatever everyone else is doing. This is probably related to the fact that it is so Instagram heavy as it allows trends to become ubiquitous. Also, once "banger hangers" came out and got hot it obviously become even more popular to use the bangers that caused the interest in banger hangers in the first place.

There is no logical reason to use a torch and banger instead of an enail and I've used both plenty. It is partially a stability reason for the Instagram stuff, but I also think it's just quick and convenient for taking videos in a clean spot that may be different from your normal smoking area.

Honestly I would definitely want to own an enail if I was into super heady glass. Some or most of those enthusiasts are heavy in the sneaker game which is pricy as well so you know it's not a cash flow issue (trust me...people drop hundreds on fucking Q Tip jars). I know people in the community personally and it's a very unique and bizarre, highly curated aesthetic culture with a particular allegiance to promethazine codeine syrup, Quartz bangers, flat brim hats....

I am so fucking stoned. Hope this was on topic.

DrSteez

The Instagram banger thing is honestly all hype and trend. Glass art community is like any art, fashion or lifestyle community. It is essentially a monolith that has subsets of people acting of their own accord, and most people doing whatever everyone else is doing. This is probably related to the fact that it is so Instagram heavy as it allows trends to become ubiquitous. Also, once "banger hangers" came out and got hot it obviously become even more popular to use the bangers that caused the interest in banger hangers in the first place.

There is no logical reason to use a torch and banger instead of an enail and I've used both plenty. It is partially a stability reason for the Instagram stuff, but I also think it's just quick and convenient for taking videos in a clean spot that may be different from your normal smoking area.

Honestly I would definitely want to own an enail if I was into super heady glass. Some or most of those enthusiasts are heavy in the sneaker game which is pricy as well so you know it's not a cash flow issue (trust me...people drop hundreds on fucking Q Tip jars). I know people in the community personally and it's a very unique and bizarre, highly curated aesthetic culture with a particular allegiance to promethazine codeine syrup, Quartz bangers, flat brim hats....

I am so fucking stoned. Hope this was on topic.
yea man I totally feel you on that. except the syrup haha, not my steez. but yea i've seen the type. super heady pendants, flat brim hats, pins, peli pelis,etc :)))

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Heat transfer from Bangers is very slight unlike an enail. I'm sure it feels a lot safer in the expensive rigs to use a torch. Most of us enail users leave them hot for hours and hours so we might be safer with a drop down if it's a hand made joint. SO you add a drop down, and by that time your poor little banger hanger is tipping over LOL But there are exceptions. For instance you can have dropdowns custom made for the rig, if it's a tiny rig have the drop slightly touch the table with a little opal MiB or something for stability. Or some of the rigs, Like the Phattassglass rigs are plenty heavy enough to support any kind of enail and drop.
It's funny at first I was looking for enail compatible rigs only but now I bought several bangers (mostly cheap) so I can enjoy the best of both worlds and try some of these Mini and Micro rigs! There are so many sub 6" little rigs I want now! 10mm fittings are coming on strong so bangers in every size helps. This is today's travel setup :) LOL Giant ass bucket on a little 10mm bubbler. This thing hits! Some of his latest colabs are so nice! This one is from @Innerforceglass and this setup was actually very affordable and belongs in this thread. That being said and keeping with the current Enail vs banger discussion you can use the little guys on both ;) The Liger has a 10mm attachment and I just got a 10mm-14mm drop down just in case
E4EV81c.jpg

Wg8IJnD.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Heat transfer from Bangers is very slight unlike an enail. I'm sure it feels a lot safer in the expensive rigs to use a torch. Most of us enail users leave them hot for hours and hours so we might be safer with a drop down if it's a hand made joint. SO you add a drop down, and by that time your poor little banger hanger is tipping over LOL But there are exceptions. For instance you can have dropdowns custom made for the rig, if it's a tiny rig have the drop slightly touch the table with a little opal MiB or something for stability. Or some of the rigs, Like the Phattassglass rigs are plenty heavy enough to support any kind of enail and drop.
It's funny at first I was looking for enail compatible rigs only but now I bought several bangers (mostly cheap) so I can enjoy the best of both worlds and try some of these Mini and Micro rigs! There are so many sub 6" little rigs I want now! 10mm fittings are coming on strong so bangers in every size helps. This is today's travel setup :) LOL Giant ass bucket on a little 10mm bubbler. This thing hits! Some of his latest colabs are so nice! This one is from @Innerforceglass and this setup was actually very affordable and belongs in this thread. That being said and keeping with the current Enail vs banger discussion you can use the little guys on both ;) The Liger has a 10mm attachment and I just got a 10mm-14mm drop down just in case
E4EV81c.jpg

Wg8IJnD.jpg
I use a MOD with my glass?
What am I missing?
htUbTjh.jpg

galacticdad

I saw that hfy_glass was selling a stemless jet and just now realized how small it actually is ..which made me want it instantly.

When he says he uses American color rods, is he reallllllly using them? I haven't had any experience with him personally but he seems popular and well-reviewed. I lurk his store daily for all the nice Toros he has.

galacticdad,
Reactions: ataxian

slick

I've been looking around dh but haven't had a lot of luck. Does anyone have experience with a small (~6" to 9"), easy to clean piece?

I'm going to be getting a grasshopper soon (in theory) and would like to pair it with a water tool. The only one I have is a bit hard to keep clean as there is no way to physically get to parts of it. ISO bath works great but I would love something I could clean quickly after every use.

slick,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I use a MOD with my glass?
What am I missing?
htUbTjh.jpg

Flavor, you are missing a whole lot of flavor, and terps, and everything I love about low temp dabbing in that PG/VG filled mod. Try a low temp dab (Off of a proper temp quartz or enail) of some high end concentrate and you will see exactly what you are missing.

You are in Cali right? There is no shortage of good stuff out there. Go ahead and get a cheap quartz banger and cap from Hyman quartz or something ($10 -$15 depending) Splurge and get 1/2g of the BEST concentrate available in your area.
Heat your nail up to red hot then wait about 45 seconds...THEN take your dab and you will see.
Actually come to think of it Ataxian you have pretty much dabbed before, you have an Evo. It's not exactly the same but Similar to that first hit off of the Evo quartz vapexnail if you have the temp set very low (10-11 o'clock)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Flavor, you are missing a whole lot of flavor, and terps, and everything I love about low temp dabbing in that PG/VG filled mod. Try a low temp dab (Off of a proper temp quartz or enail) of some high end concentrate and you will see exactly what you are missing.

You are in Cali right? There is no shortage of good stuff out there. Go ahead and get a cheap quartz banger and cap from Hyman quartz or something ($10 -$15 depending) Splurge and get 1/2g of the BEST concentrate available in your area.
Heat your nail up to red hot then wait about 45 seconds...THEN take your dab and you will see.
Actually come to think of it Ataxian you have pretty much dabbed before, you have an Evo. It's not exactly the same but Similar to that first hit off of the Evo quartz vapexnail if you have the temp set very low (10-11 o'clock)
I'm playing around at present.
I have 1,000 quarts nails and domes. (actually 30 or so?)
With all the new MODS out and sub ohm vaping I'm playing with E-JUICE and CONCENTRATES.
I was using TIN FOIL, STICK MATCH, FAST FOOD STRAW to vape HONEY OIL from INDIA back in the 70's.
The EVO taste nice as well.
Now my E-JUICE and MOD setup is pretty incredible!
I tried SHATTER, CRUMBLED and this week-end some KIEF.

My coils are CLAPTONS.

I only do 1 gram a week of concentrate so I'm a low end consumer!

I use a CUSTOM made HYDROTUBE or a FC MOUTHPIECE with my MOD at 37 watts.

My wife likes the smell so I do it before sleep. (All day too!)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You sure they're quartz? The ones that come with Dhgate glass are straight boro. I only tried one a few years ago before I had a proper setup but it lasted <5 dabs.
I have EVO QUARTZ NAILS, TI2, CERAMIC DOMELESS as well.
The DHGATE nail's break pretty easy?
CLAPTON COILS + MOD + E-JUICE + CONCENTRATE + WATER TOOL = CIVILIZED

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Came across this vendor today
- 1st year
- 0 (zero) positive feedback
- 31 transactions
so... not much to go on.
But he's got lots of really lovely stuff. Caveat emptor, eh?

http://www.dhgate.com/store/20457339#st-navigation-storehome

:leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf:
Careful what you buy!
Don't let colors fool you.

GB, FC, SUNSHINE are safe. (SOME OTHERS: However I'll give you 3 that are proffen) You can become broke buying bargains!

FYI

Be CIVILIZED

Top Bottom