Cheap High Quality Bubbler

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Hey Guys, FYI I just started talking to American Glass Studio from Ioffer about a decent alternative Hydrotube for us! It will be a little more than China's but should be much better quality judging by his other stuff. We will see how it goes. I just ordered a piece from him to try it out. And I was thinking of grabbing this beast with the reverse showerhead base instead

http://www.ioffer.com/i/toro-style-honeycomb-showercap-pyramid-perc-bubbler-set-553925660

Bet that will hit nice!

How are these guys - American Glass Studio? Does anyone know if they are really US re-sellers of Chinese glass? Or, do they just have cheaper quality US blown pieces that mimic what usually comes from more expensive blowers? Its not boro is it?

I've been looking at this one since @pigfoot posted a pic of his Chinese mini Toro KO.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/6-14mm-direct-inject-circ-bent-neck-micro-oil-rig-bho-567807583?i=294252410

Looks like it would pair really well for me with enano.

Nintenjoo

Dudes, I have a bad case of the First-World-Problem Blues right now, and I need a shoulder.

I don't even know where to start, but I will give you the quick and dirty TLDR up front: The male joint on my brand new Grav Labs Diffusion Pump is broken. And I'm sad.

Here's the long story for anyone who cares:

The enail thing has never been a big draw to me. I'm one man, I don't dab a ton, why would I ever need an enail? Then my friend buys one and brings it over. And I was like this is pretty rad.

So I start nerding out on stuff, as I tend to do, and I end up here. You guys have been awesome, and dangerous to my wallet.

Anyway, start looking up enails and find the Auber RDK-200. I realize that these can be bought from Amazon, and realize I have like $250 in Amazon gift cards from christmas, and I've been looking for something dumb to blow them on.

At the same time I'm spending a goddam month reading all the threads relating to enails, and then nails specifically. I'm coming from using a cheap quartz banger, on a test rig my glass blowing friend made for me.

So I'm like I want a D-Nail SiC Dish. Might as well go nuts and buy a sweet nail, since I'm getting the enail for free right? So I order a SiC Dish after hemming and hawing about it for a couple weeks. Trying to figure my bang for the buck, see how much I feel like I should be blowing on shit I don't need right now.

Decide to go for it and the next day I go to order it, but they're out of bases and carb caps. And they stay out for a month...

So I have this sick ass SiC dish sitting there staring at me, and an RDK-200 in a box, and no way to actually use any of it. For a month.

So I cave and order a knockoff infiniti nail from Thickass Glass. Hoped the threads would match to the dish retainer, but didn't really figure they would. It comes, and they don't match, but its enough to be useable. Here's the foreshadowing part. The infiniti nail. It broke my joint. I guess this isn't really foreshadowing.

So, holy crap, I finally have a useable enail! And its awesome. I never thought it would be a big deal, but it makes such a big difference to me. No torch, push a button, ready to go, etc. They're really cool. Read the settings for the Auber, changed some (thanks Monsoon), and got it working great.

But I didn't have a carb cap so I was using a shot glass which wasn't that fun.

So anyway, in the meantime I find the chinese glass threads. And I'm like this is pretty sweet. The FC710 caught my eye and I started looking around. Seeing they were a Bates knockoff, and then seeing that Grav Labs had a cheaper version as well. $150 is still a bit much for me, so I intended on ordering a chinese one at some point. Tried to talk myself out of it, as it's a crap shoot, and its still $40 that I didn't feel like throwing away.

I did mention that I have a glass blowing friend. He has a real job, and a family, and is a bit burnt out with the glass blowing scene, so he's not gung ho to make anything for me. I've been wanting him to make me a rig for months, but it's just not happening. The rig I currently have was a test trial run of his, as he's never made anything for oil before. It's totally functional, and I like it, but it's sloppy. I've been wanting something new.

So anyway, I go to the local head shop, like I mentioned yesterday above in this thread, and they have a Grav Labs Diffusion Pump that they offer to sell me for $65 because it's been there for a while. I had no intention of getting a new rig, and wasn't thrilled to spend the money on it after piecing together this ridiculous D-Nail stuff. But, I bought it anyway as it was too good to pass up.

I was stoked. It was my first real new piece in over a decade, and it was potentially something new for flavor, and teamed up with my new SiC dish, I was ready!

So I get home and use it with my knockoff infiniti and my SiC Dish. And it's pretty sweet. I totally dig it and I happen to have just pressed some fresh Harletsu rosin which is crazy full of flavor.

Today I'm like an idiot kid on christmas, as D-Nail finally got their shit back in stock and I blow way to much money on a carb cap and slim series base.

I'm literally waiting by the mailbox as they drive up, and I run into the house to hook this shit up.

Ah look, my female infiniti nail is stuck to my male joint rig. No big deal, I'll just crank up the enail and let it heat up and take it off. Like I've done a ton of times on my old rig, and a couple times on this brand new one. I literally bought it yesterday.

And it doesn't come off.

And I'm like that's kinda strange but no big deal. Don't panic, just heat that shit up like you've seen people say how to. Look up some videos on youtube about stuck joints, this is no problem.

Heat it up crazy, and it doesn't BUDGE. At all. Cool it down, clean it with alcohol, heat it up again and nothing. Now I'm getting worried. And pissed. I haven't had good luck with Thickass Glass in the past, and this isn't helping.

Meanwhile, I'm taking care of my son today as the wife is at work. So we leave the house, and I'm thinking the whole time how I'm gonna figure this out.

Get home, put him to bed, now it's on. I'm gonna put this in the freezer and then heat the nail up super hot super quick, so it will expand quick before the glass has a chance to heat up.

So I do it. And I'm like gently but firmly trying to get this nail off. And I hear a pop and for second I thought I got it. Until I realized the joint broke.

And then I look up and see that I set my running torch down next to the wall where I always set it, but I didn't turn it quite enough to not hit the wall. So I have a quite large black burn mark in the wall, which I will be hiding from the wife.

WTF. My months of research and waiting were literally coming down to today. New unexpected awesome rig, sweet new fancy d-nail setup. Even my own rosin, which is totally new and exciting to me.

I'm going to forget that I ever bought a new rig. I'm going to put this sweet e-nail on my old rig, and forget that I even experienced the diffusion pump.

And I'm going to email Thickass Glass and tell them they suck.

Thanks for letting me bitch. I might cross post this to the enail thread too, since I would like maximum pity for my sad state of affairs.

I'm going to go do another dab and maybe cry a little.

Last edited:

mixchu69

Bet that will hit nice!

How are these guys - American Glass Studio? Does anyone know if they are really US re-sellers of Chinese glass? Or, do they just have cheaper quality US blown pieces that mimic what usually comes from more expensive blowers? Its not boro is it?

I've been looking at this one since @pigfoot posted a pic of his Chinese mini Toro KO.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/6-14mm-direct-inject-circ-bent-neck-micro-oil-rig-bho-567807583?i=294252410

Looks like it would pair really well for me with enano.
I think I might pick one up too.

BenJammin415

IMG_1033.jpg
I just bought this minitube on dhgate for 36 but i haven't seen it on the gate for less than 50recently i ordered a teal one but they sent me a green one

BenJammin415,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Here's a couple. SiC Dish on a knockoff infinity nail. My DNail slim series and carb cap are coming today FINALLY.

Auber RDK-200 and a flat coil from Amazon.

So far everything's been great. Ordered a couple drop downs from DH, cause this dish is right in my face.

Great rig though. I just made some Harletsu rosin and the terpenes are off the charts. Super flavorful, you can taste it minutes after.

https://imgur.com/a/gJoCy
Sweet! That was my only complaint with Steven's is that he didn't put a colored ball so you can see the valve in action. Between the slightly thicker glass and colored bead on the Grav I would say the extra money was worth it for sure! Nice grab.
4D6BC03F-F5AD-4D48-87A7-6E386FFF9748_1.jpg

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Nintenjoo

Sweet! That was my only complaint with Steven's is that he didn't put a colored ball so you can see the valve in action. Between the slightly thicker glass and colored bead on the Grav I would say the extra money was worth it for sure! Nice grab.

The joint is broken. :(

It should still work with a female drop down but I'm so sad.

Didn't even have it for 2 days.

Nintenjoo,

sChris

Account Closed
I've been considering an ash catcher for my d020d, occasionally I like to burn a bowl through it when I need a quick hit, but the cost isn't far off buying another bubbler / bong. Too many choices!

sChris,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I agree, the cost on some of the ash catchers are the same/more than a bubbler, though they do serve a different purpose. @SSVUN~YAH that one is different, my only concern is the joints are so close to the body. I wish they would stand those off further.

Bongologist,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I wanted a little watertool for the car to use on my Haze or whatever.
Is this my best bet or is there a better one?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/top-q...-glass/265989755.html#s1-0-1b;searl|352863000

and can someone explain this to me? maybe you just put a little water in the bottom of the cup to catch the ash and it actually doesn't perc at all? It would make a really awesome reclaimer if that's how it works and the inner cup is solid ;) Or maybe the reclaim would soldiify in the tubes instead, who knows.

Edit, Yup. Looking at the pink one it's more clear haha. the inner cup is solid, no perc.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/pink-ash-catcher-with-natural-percolator-14mm-533442294?i=87945641

http://www.ioffer.com/i/clear-ash-catcher-with-natural-percolator-14mm-559639436?i=138168350

I agree, the cost on some of the ash catchers are the same/more than a bubbler, though they do serve a different purpose. @SSVUN~YAH that one is different, my only concern is the joints are so close to the body. I wish they would stand those off further.

These are cool ,

http://www.ioffer.com/i/14-14-or-18-18-clear-glass-froth-recycler-ash-catcher-585053967?i=206739611

http://www.ioffer.com/i/18-18mm-clear-double-showerhead-ash-catcher-90-degrees-559730620?i=138361790

and I just posted about this guys stuff

https://www.ioffer.com/i/90-amber-19mm-showerhead-glass-ash-catcher-not-bong-539196486

https://www.ioffer.com/i/pyramid-perc-beaker-ashcatcher-bubbler-combo-not-bong-548535156

Dudes, I have a bad case of the First-World-Problem Blues right now, and I need a shoulder.

I'm going to go do another dab and maybe cry a little.

OUCH!! Should have gotten a liger banger and been done with it. The taste of the sic dish is incredible and you don't break your joints with Banger style nails. Or at least use a drop down next time. I always use a drop down with my "Other" nails but they don't get used really with 3 CCA Ligers sitting around (see my post above)

Last edited:

Nintenjoo

I love the dish and the nail, though the liger looks sweet.

It was such temporary use, I figured it'd be okay without a drop down, which are on the way in the mail.

I still cannot believe how stuck it got.

Apparently my glass blowing friend said he can fix it and it shouldn't be too hard. So that's good if it works out.

Hotz

Hi guys! I am interested in buying a BonG with a card, like that on in the gif
But I do not know how to look for it in the DHgate, I need a female 18.8 for use with my underdog, does anyone know if there is on the site? The currency of my country is very undervalued, I need something cheap = /

http://i.imgur.com/CYDOMyk.gifv

Hotz,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi guys! I am interested in buying a BonG with a card, like that on in the gif
But I do not know how to look for it in the DHgate, I need a female 18.8 for use with my underdog, does anyone know if there is on the site? The currency of my country is very undervalued, I need something cheap = /

http://i.imgur.com/CYDOMyk.gifv

That's a stereo Matrix perc

[Link removed]

Modnote: Link to labeled, counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:
mrbonsai420,

subway13029

Was watching some youtube videos and i usually watch this guy soundrone and he reviews glass and herb and all that but he opens up a prototype of the rattle can that he got from boro warehouse??seems all to odd that piece was designed here and then its coming from all these glass distributors now??i thought it wasnt even perfected yet?and its tunny because there was a big debate on vomments about how the water level when right would get in mouth..and others said too much water then it wouldnt even pump..lol..its crazy how the china glass market it..i would be interested to really know who is blowing the glass and who gets the best quality to sell..we all thought steven was making all these pieces for us..who was it really??ive always just wanted to order from him because i thought he was ground level making these for us..now not sure who the top dog at dhgate is..

NorCalBrah

Hey guys, I got a lot of PMs in regard to a post I made about cheap American options for worked glass. Almost all low price-range American glass is oil-focused, so mini tubes are what's out there. That said, I think that minitubes can pair very well with vaporizers if you're okay with whips and have the right adapters. I really enjoy holding a very small piece of glass in my hand that acts as a water-cooler more than a bong--and since most minitubes are optimized for dabs, you can take dab-sized hits of vapor in full flavor!

@twistedimageglass on Instagram is my favorite option for cheap glass. You can contact him through there, and he does custom work AMAZINGLY cheap, like so cheap that it's hard to believe. I won't speak to specific prices on that, because it's up to him. But he posts on Reddit with sales often, and the stuff on there is always absurdly low priced for solid-quality American glass:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/3zg3mb/mini_tubes_and_a_pendy_rig_made_by_me/

PyQIcnt.jpg

I mean, he has this full-color red elvis piece listed at 100$. Are you kidding me?? Mouthpiece is a bit wonky but this type of glass with those mibs is an easy 300-400 at any LHS I've ever been in.

Anyways, just wanted to share a great "cheap bubbler" option for those who like style and American glass. I believe @Cannabis Connoisseur @Justpassedu were interested specifically

Edit: This one is only 120. Might scoop it this week if no one else does.
Rz4YnGu.jpg

nice...do you know of anymore artists with good prices? i slept on em.

NorCalBrah,

Duncan MacLeod

Could someone please tell me who makes the best faberge egg right now? I'm finally going to buy a new piece of glass for oil and let my d020 have a rest.

Edit: uh-oh, I'm on the bottom of this page.

Duncan MacLeod,

YungLeaner

Could someone please tell me who makes the best faberge egg right now? I'm finally going to buy a new piece of glass for oil and let my d020 have a rest.

Edit: uh-oh, I'm on the bottom of this page.
Maybe this will get you to the next one...look at hfy glass and gorgeous heroin (yup, that's the name)

YungLeaner,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...knock on wood, i have not had any problems with shipping from anyone off DHGate. I feel for the ones who have had a bad experience...

... every purchase has come within two weeks of ordering and i live in a small town.. I have about a dozen purchases so far..

Top Bottom