1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Cheap, high-quality bubbler??

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Bleezy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

So how are your slits? Do they all fire?

I have the Infamous as well, been using it with my Buddha recently. I need to check out myself in the mirror to see which of my slits are firing.

2. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

None in my mouth but the glass mouthpiece would get wet.
    :lol:

This is actually the setup i've used a few times, and did in the video.
    It's a 14mm whip adapter connected to a whip connected to a non-diffused 18mm downstem.
    [​IMG]
    Because all the openings in this weird mouthpiece are wider than the hole of the glass one it comes with, there is less drag. It is also very ergonomic for me as I'm still waiting for my bent-neck tube to be made.

SSVUN~YAH and Live-N-Learn like this.
  3. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Yep us woman love pyrex...ok off topic but are you saying that the new company the glass isn't as good cause i have bought from them. I like corningwear as well. I will read the two links.

I will take a vid of my bubbler firing wed if I can figure out how to. I might get no water in my mouth because all my slits aren't firing I dunno. I still think it is cute and wouldn't want it any bigger. I suppose if all the slits were firing and I got back splash I wouldn't like that either.

Now were is boobs...he hasn't been around in a while and his input is fun.

4. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

I would guess the bubbler you guys and gal are talking about is made in India. I do love the size and looks of it and with the free vape elbow it's going to be hard to beat. But I would go easy on it and not take it into the mosh pit or boil it. I wish I had the money I would buy it!

5. JSteez4205

JSteez4205 aka Gordon NugzB

All my Sluts FIre or they get Fired...oh wait we're talkin' Slits, yeah they all Fire on mine... But I have an older model where the slits are a lower on the fixed stem.

SSVUN~YAH and CHIDOY like this.
  6. Live-N-Learn

Live-N-Learn Higher, Higher, Baby...

I'm still at work so I will check it out when I get home. I will have to do the mirror test as well.

7. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

Make sure not to put the mirror too close to your slits, or it will tend to fog.

:lol:

Sorry y'all, but the juvenile in me is strong.

JSteez4205 and Live-N-Learn like this.
  8. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Do they fire the same? Same splashback? Same water levels?

9. Live-N-Learn

Sorry I didnt get to try the mirror test last evening, I ended up working real late and then passing out once I got home. I am actually kind of happy because tonight I wont have to just do the mirror test alone. I will do it with my Pax. :) Tubes here!!!

[​IMG]

10. placetime

placetime Well-Known Member

Seems like I read somewhere (don't recall where) that soda lime glass is actually stronger (resistant to breaking from bumps/falls) than borosilicate glass as long as there's no thermal shock, and that the only real advantage to boro is the resistance to thermal shock problems. But I know very little about this topic, and I'm not all that confident in the one source where I read that. Can anyone speak to this issue? :science: :shrug:

If it's true, that would suggest to me that--other than needing to make sure to be careful to avoid thermal shock during cleaning-- "soft glass" water tools might be better for vaporists, since, at least in general, "vape-bonging" doesn't actually heat up the water tool very much at all, so we might as well use the "strongest" glass possible that's least resistant to breakage. What do y'all think?

11. JSteez4205

JSteez4205 aka Gordon NugzB

I will check this evening after work. I believe they all fire the same since they all fire. No splashback, always a similar water level, a little above the slits...

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. Live-N-Learn

So I get my tubing. I got everything set up and I am satisfied. Still didnt get to do the mirror test but will soon.
    This is for all the peepz who recommended, bought, own, tried this infamous $40 bubbler.
    Have fun and dont make fun of me. Im new to glass and didnt expect to get my a## kicked like that lol.
    The Pax was on high btw, and my lighting sucks. Enjoy and goodnight. I cant do another video after that.

I cleared the hit about 30 seconds later lol

13. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

:rofl:

i must say, out of all the glass videos that i've ever seen that yours right here is my top 5 favorite. not often does a smile come across my face while watching an everyday glass vid

welcome to the world of glass+vapor. watch out for that GAS bug going around ;)

14. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

Is this the vapor bubbler from pipes daddy?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  15. PAZ

PAZ Well-Known Member

Yes it is, I guess you can call it their updated version. They were out of stock for a long time and just got these in about a week ago. The image you see on the site is their old model, you can search these last few pages for pictures of the actual bubbler you'll recieve.

16. Doug

Doug Just passing time

Mmmm..I finally got mine today with six strongly firing slits. I am fully impressed with it. I overestimated the size it would be and underestimated the power it packs. Thanks to all those who recommended it!

17. PAZ

PAZ Well-Known Member

Super tempted to grab this as a travel piece even though I already ordered a bubbler from Lev...

Hopefully they'll run out soon and I won't have a choice :lol:

JSteez4205 likes this.
  18. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

What size are the joints on the infamous piece?

19. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

14 for the mouthpiece. 18 on the downstem.

20. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

main 18mm female // mouthpiece 14mm female.

mouthpiece attachment 14mm male

whip adapter 18mm male

edit: might be designating my Infamous V2 as an oil-only rig.. just need to replace my over-oxidized nail

SSVUN~YAH and Hoops like this.
  21. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Just ordered one! I has been contemplating the purchase for about a week then I looked in this thread and u guys made my mind up! Thanks guys! Where do I find a cheap mtim adapter nail and dome?

SSVUN~YAH, Tweak and Live-N-Learn like this.
  22. kushcabbage

kushcabbage vapor nerd

23. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

The glass part with the vape tube attachment in the pics on their site, does that come with it?

24. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Yes.
    Mine also came with two 18mm keck clips, but they're so tight I am very hesitant to use them.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  25. Live-N-Learn

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the video as well. I thought it was hilarious because I was so confident going in, I got ready to pull my Pax out after the initial hit around the 19-20 second mark and then realized i was dead so I dropped my camera and proceeded to cough my ass off. LOL

HighlyEducatedScholar likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors