Cheap High Quality Bubbler

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
So my weedstar double bubbler 3.0 finally came in the mail from GC :D . I think it was around 80-90 shipped with a discount I used. The box showed up 2 weeks later in good shape and bomb proofed to hell. I gotta say I really do like this piece and for the money its a good deal. It's definitely not the most stable bubbler though. I have to hold it constantly as you see in the video or it will tip over. It's not really a big deal to me I knew that going in to this buy and its fine with me. It's actually pretty stable on its own though when not in use, much to my surprise. Anyways enjoy the classy music FC and vape on :rockon:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
you could make a small wood base or something to set the bottom down into, to help stabilize it when your vape is on top...
I wouldn't leave any vape attached to the weedstar dub Bub while putting it down, it has a bit of a lean to counterbalance the 2nd chamber, so I could potentially see an attached vape throwing off the balance, and a vape would make it more top heavy - which would make it easier to inadvertently tip over. (and if it's a log it'd have a cord that might be accidentally yanked...)
Also, unless the wooden base was attached to the Bub, or had some kind of hole in it so it was more of a Bub case, I can't see it increasing stability significantly...

Frederick McGuire,
So it looks like I'm going to go with the SSFG mini-inline and a J-hook. I won't see it for a few weeks sadly :(.

kingofnull,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
*still waiting* for the BL saxo to show up ordered 8/10... word of advice to those who may decide to shop w/ GrassCity, don't bother paying the extra for shipping w/tracking. My tracking has been stuck showing it arrived in NY since the 14th, today is the 20th, no updates. Not doing me much good, and I could have saved $10 by opting for the standard shipping. I hope it shows up soon...

jambandphan03,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
*still waiting* for the BL saxo to show up ordered 8/10...

Ouch, was really contemplating getting the BL Saxo but that wait would absolutely drive me insane.

I found this interesting piece the other day:

glassbubblerc59b.jpg

glassbubbler6ff8.jpg

12" tall
14mm Dewar joint
Body is 50mm X 5mm
mouthpiece is 25mm X 5mm

5 Bridged 3 slit trees, anchored to the bottom of the bubbler

I love how it has a wider base and is 12" tall with removable 5mm thick mouthpiece. This thing wouldn't take up much room with mouthpiece removed.

My only concern is how this thing would stack. I'm afraid the trees are too close to the sides to be that effective.

Was so ready to pull the trigger until Lev posted the M&M tech piece, now I'm torn.[/quote]

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know a guy I talk to on FB just got the BL saxo, and said it was easily comparable to a 300+ piece in quality and performance. I know opinions vary, and everyone has different ideas of what is good, but that was a pretty strong endorsement from somebody who uses and owns high end glass. I have hopes that this will be well worth the wait.

jambandphan03,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Ouch, was really contemplating getting the BL Saxo but that wait would absolutely drive me insane.

I found this interesting piece the other day:

glassbubblerc59b.jpg

glassbubbler6ff8.jpg

12" tall
14mm Dewar joint
Body is 50mm X 5mm
mouthpiece is 25mm X 5mm

5 Bridged 3 slit trees, anchored to the bottom of the bubbler

I love how it has a wider base and is 12" tall with removable 5mm thick mouthpiece. This thing wouldn't take up much room with mouthpiece removed.

My only concern is how this thing would stack. I'm afraid the trees are too close to the sides to be that effective.

Was so ready to pull the trigger until Lev posted the M&M tech piece, now I'm torn.
[/quote]
Link? Price?
Looks nice.

Zangano Cruel,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
BL Saxo is here, and it's nice. Package was a little "crunched" on the ends, but the piece is in good condition and was well packed. The stem/mouth piece part is a little off center, but not too much, has a slight tilt, but not enough to bother me. It's a good height for my desk, and I like the angle of the mouth piece. Feels natural to lean into it and hit. The Cloud does sit on top of the inset joint well, and makes a good connection. I am able to milk it just as well as any of my other pieces. I want to experiment with water levels a bit, but it's got a nice perk. Less chuggy than the larger tube sized tree perks I have used. I really like the wide base, it's nice and stable. The glass is quite a bit thinner than my DG's glass, so I can see using some extra caution when cleaning or moving around. Over all, very pleased and very vaked!! I knew if I started to complain, it would show up. The mail man rang the bell which is upstairs, and I didn't hear it. Luckily I heard his foot steps, so I caught him as he was walking away. Def. worth the price, and fits well with the Cloud! 10 days from ordering to getting it, not too bad of a wait, though I don't know if it was worth it for the more expensive shipping since the tracking was not updating regularly. I did get a notice when it shipped, landed in the US, and again when it made it to my local P.O.

haydenxxl

i bought this for 150 from ryan at cascadia glassworks (bubbler,ashcatcher, and bowl) in nov 2010

i dont know if he still blows glass, trying to get in contact with him to make me a few more pieces with necks going straight up like bongs but i remember him charging 185 the last time i checked for the bubbler and ashcatcher deal.

his welds, joints, everything are superb, it was a super super super sturdy piece (i dont know why i sold it :( )
5239951476_c7e2194c5d_b.jpg

broke my black leaf sunny afternoon bubbler while cleaning it :(

really liked that thing! only good i can see about it is that i have an excuse to buy a new bubbler :D

f*ck this site should carry a warning label

*bio hazard - highly contagious VAS and GAS germs* :D

sunsett70

glassbubblerc59b.jpg

With such an elongated body design & the trees slits at the low bottom, anyone knows whether it would be possible to fill up to half the tube body with water, will that cause too much chuggery/drag?

sunsett70,
Reactions: placetime

SD_haze

With such an elongated body design & the trees slits at the low bottom, anyone knows whether it would be possible to fill up to half the tube body with water, will that cause too much chuggery/drag?
I don't know about half way, but you could definitely raise the water level much higher than a lot of bubblers.
Adding water will always increase the drag, but the bore(diameter) of the mouthpiece part is large enough that it should not be an issue whatsoever.

Bigger bore=more airflow

One caveat: the slits on that tree look very thin, adding a lot of drag. However, I still think you'd be okay since the volume is so tiny

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
One caveat: the slits on that tree look very thin, adding a lot of drag. However, I still think you'd be okay since the volume is so tiny

long-5-tree-perc-canon-glass-bubbler-d5b7.JPG

Here is a closer look at the slits.

I'm really drawn to this piece, I'm just so worried that it will be a chugger. One reason I want a new bubbler is to have a bigger bore for more volume, but I'm afraid that is offset on this piece because a lot of the room is taken up inside by the trees. Does that sound about right?

Tweak,

BigKitty

Hey guys, I don't know If someone already posted this site, but in my opinion is worth a look, they have pretty interesting stuff in bubblers and cheap bigger stuff too :)

www.just4smokers.com

Note: be aware of the descriptions, photos are ok, but descriptions don't confirm photo...
Sometimes very nice pieces are missing specs like glass thickness, height, etc etc.
Is this shady??
New site?? Newbies???
People just for the money and not having a clue of what are they selling?? Kind of hipsters??
Who knows??
Photos looks awesome..
Anyone here ever bought from them??
Enjoy it :tup:

BTW @ iLoveB00bs , they have Liquid Sci. glass here, can you confirm if they are originals or knock offs??? You are the only FC member who has one at the moment.

They have Matrix copies as well, check it out...

OK, BE VERY CAREFUL GUYS, MANY PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTIONS DON'T MAKE SENSE.
I'LL BE CALLING BEFOREHAND OR ASK FOR MORE DETAILS.
SORRY ABOUT THAT, I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT SOME PIECES THEY HAVE.

BTW, look at this in this site, looks awesome, maybe a down stem change, for a cheap showerhead downstem :)

http://www.just4smokers.com/Scientific-Glass-12-4-Arm-Tree-Straight-Water-Pip-p/v317.htm

this site is pretty legit, I've bought from them a fair amount

KGWnU.jpg

Me & my rehab... double 24 arm tree chambers and an inline... i love this beast, but it's a pain in the ass to clean. anyway, found it in a local headshop for 1200, and on their site for under 950.

i think the thing is, their site is pretty new, like, it can't be more than a couple months old.
i also get the impression they're not throwing tens of thousands of dollars into their web design (the way companies like aqualabs do) which is just kind of excessive and doesn't mean they're not credible whatsoever.

but hey, the bottom line is that their pipes are real, and for a good price. and as a US girl I simply refuse to pay international shipping costs from grasscity.

anyway, that's my 2 cents. give them a shot.

SD_haze

long-5-tree-perc-canon-glass-bubbler-d5b7.JPG

Here is a closer look at the slits.

I'm really drawn to this piece, I'm just so worried that it will be a chugger. One reason I want a new bubbler is to have a bigger bore for more volume, but I'm afraid that is offset on this piece because a lot of the room is taken up inside by the trees. Does that sound about right?
Slit hole size is definitely good, but three slits is ridiculous haha.

Didn't think about that but you're right, that giant tree downstem does take up a bunch of the volume. Still don't think its too little for just vapor though.

sunsett70

jambandphan03,

waiting forward to hearing more of the blsaxo from you, esp want to know how much water level before it becomes chuggy. i'm a sucker for more water in the tube and if this bubbler can minimise the chug/drag even better.

sunsett70,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I like this BL Saxo a lot. Really like the smaller tree stems, and after a little experimenting settled on about 2" water line, with a pretty smooth pull. I am sure you could put more in there, but I liked mine at that level. I tried less, and got great diffusion too. Over all, I think this piece is well worth it. The mouth piece stem it a little off center, and slightly tilted, from what it looks like sloppy placement, but it does not at all effect the performance.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: sunsett70

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
*still waiting* for the BL saxo to show up ordered 8/10... word of advice to those who may decide to shop w/ GrassCity, don't bother paying the extra for shipping w/tracking. My tracking has been stuck showing it arrived in NY since the 14th, today is the 20th, no updates. Not doing me much good, and I could have saved $10 by opting for the standard shipping. I hope it shows up soon...

Sorry. Would have told you that. Didn't have the opportunity. I think it close to 3 weeks, after the "shipping date", before I received it.

I like this BL Saxo a lot. Really like the smaller tree stems, and after a little experimenting settled on about 2" water line, with a pretty smooth pull. I am sure you could put more in there, but I liked mine at that level. I tried less, and got great diffusion too. Over all, I think this piece is well worth it. The mouth piece stem it a little off center, and slightly tilted, from what it looks like sloppy placement, but it does not at all effect the performance.

Sounds like all of the mouthpieces are slight off-center. Told you, that you'd like it. Its a great piece, especially for something that creates good vapor. I've found my MFLB with batteries, actually milks better out of this piece, w/o the PA. Its come back into my rotation.

But that base will most certainly hold a cloud. I played around with the water level to. I think min sits about 3/4" to an 1" above the slits.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yep you were right about me liking it. My water level is also about an inch above the slits, (2in from the bottom) I don't get as good of stacking as I saw in a video on youtube, but it bubbles nice and smooth, no chugging, and milks like a dream w/ the cloud!! I just put my DG mini can up for sale, and have an offer to trade it for a mobius ion, but to be honest, I like the saxo enough, I might just have to pass on that trade, and stick with the saxo. It's a tough call to make, as I really could use the $ale from that mini, but the mobius is really tempting. Having a hard time deciding on this one...:hmm:

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom