Cheap High Quality Bubbler

slvelocity

The 187 is the test now for yingmin just like how the d020 was for sunshinestore. If the 187 is ok (thanks early adopters!!), then we all here will blow up the individual sales of the 187 and make yingmin5 realize the "economics" of selling individually.

Then we'll all start email spamming him for the 186. But the 187 needs to be proof yingmin can make a quality product first.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
The 187 is the test now for yingmin just like how the d020 was for sunshinestore. If the 187 is ok (thanks early adopters!!), then we all here will blow up the individual sales of the 187 and make yingmin5 realize the "economics" of selling individually.

Then we'll all start email spamming him for the 186. But the 187 needs to be proof yingmin can make a quality product first.

Yes, it will require a small leap of faith for them to have confidence it is worth the extra labor/expense and that they can sell as many as singles as in big lots.

187 should be in some FC USA member's hands today or tomorrow based on what people have tracked via USPS, so let's get those pics and impressions in and the green light to go thermonuclear with Yingmin5. :evil::evil::evil:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, it will require a small leap of faith for them to have confidence it is worth the extra labor/expense and that they can sell as many as singles as in big lots.

187 should be in some FC USA member's hands today or tomorrow based on what people have tracked via USPS, so let's get those pics and impressions in and the green light to go thermonuclear with Yingmin5. :evil::evil::evil:
Your really talking up the G series!

Do you have the D022?
I really like this one.
Think 2x before passing it up!

nihil

Member, Known Well
I should have mine tomorrow or Thursday Id guess. It passed through New York 2 days ago.

Question for you. I ordered mine on the 27th and I am still seeing "2014-04-29" "SHENZHEN" "Arrival at Sorting Center" on their tracking system. It looks like you ordered the day before me. I was wondering what day yours passed through Shenzen?

Also, I'll post back my initial feedback once I've looked it over and tried it out. I'm running an E-Nano and have a D-020 to compare it to.

Nu11ington

My D arrived in Chicago, and then I received it with no additional tracking updates. So you may even receive it tomorrow, like in my experience.
How many days between the last update in Chicago to the delivery? not surprised that USPS tracking wouldn't be supported, heard that from a couple other sources.

Nu11ington,

mestizo

How long does it take the package to clear customs? My D has been sitting in Chicago for 3 days
If it shows sitting at ELK GROVE VILLAGE, good luck with that, my sublimator sat there for two weeks until Planetvape got involved. If you google it, that place has some of the most negative comments I have seen.

mestizo,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, I just heard back from Lamin (I had no idea that he was Yingmin store, or was on DHGate :lol:), all is a go for my sample order (a 186 & a 187).
Just gotta arrange my payment tonight and wait for the glass.
image.png
DysB0Bd.gif

Edit:
After currency conversion, and payment processing fees, the $usd128 tuned into $aud165, so I'm gonna just call it $85 a piece cost to me - fingers crossed they are quality matrices.

Just got my order from sunshine store

Took 4 days (Including a weekend, so 2 business days) to get from china to aussie customs, and 6 business days from aussie customs to my door.

First impressions:

D020:
- A little bit smaller than I expected, but not too small.
- All slits are fairly evenly cut and spaced. Not fire polished but oh well :).
- I noticed an ever so slight nub on the bottom of the showerhead - it looks like where you would brace it to the bottom of the can. There's no brace, but maybe whoever is blowing the showerheads (I'm assuming sunshine store is just a reseller, not the actual blower?) intends for it to be braced? (I wasn't expecting it to be braced)
- Workmanship on it seems good, no bubbles or anything major noticed, but I haven't inspected it too thoroughly.
- I forgot it had the little brace from the neck to the top of the can - I'm not sure how useful that will be, but I like it.
- The diffusion seems to be "rough". I put my water level a smidge above the top of the slits (1/2cm max) and almost got water into the neck on a test pull. Not a negative thing, but something I'll have to remember.
- The dewaar joint is a little bit recessed - I'm pretty sure I'll have to use my cloudbuddy if I want to use my cloud with it.

D020-W
- A bit bigger than the D020 - I prefer this size.
- The sidecar mouthpiece is attached to the right hand side of the piece - technically that makes it a "left handed" design, but it's not a major hassle to work around it.
- The diffusion seems a bit smoother than the D020 - I put my water level to a bit above the top of the matrix (1/2-1cm) and there didn't seem to be any risk of bubbles entering the neck.
- Workmanship on it seems good, no bubbles or anything major noticed, but I haven't inspected it too thoroughly. the mouthpiece might be rotated counter clockwise by 10 degrees or so, or it might just be the design...
- The dewaar joint is a little bit recessed - I'm pretty sure I'll have to use my cloudbuddy if I want to use my cloud with it.

Fritted ash catcher
- Color looks cool
- it could handle being a bit taller, but it seems to be their generic ash catcher size, so can't blame them.
- Workmanship overall seems good, but mine came with 2 small cracks in it :(
I'm gonna have to contact sunshine store to get it replaced or something.
The cracks are very small, less than 1cm each, and they don't seem to go all the way through the glass (can't feel them on te outside) but I'm not gonna be using it :(

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

The line perc to hc isn't new. Own that one for quite a while, very nice piece in combination with the Solo imho.

Edit: It doesn't look like it in the pic, but at least the one I got has a reinforcement between the end of the line perc and the wall.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The link for the 10-arm is a bit odd. They show two different pieces in the description pictures. One with the female joint recessed in the piece, and another with the female joint above the chamber. And all different sizes (12, 16, or 17cm). I wonder which one is correct?

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Top Bottom