Cheap High Quality Bubbler

alex h

OK, some new stuff showed up from Kathy, let me know if any of these are repeats and I'll edit.

bQ8GMiQ.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass...itanium-nail/190458683.html#s1-5-1|2283593184

G82QpwO.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/product/10-ar...terpipe-with/190466833.html#s1-4-1|2283593184

EDIT: 187 update: passed through Chicago on the AM of the 5th...

Double edit: nice, looks like a decent one. Cheers @Herr_Dampf

Looking forward to your update on the 187! :tup:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Hopefully this Yingmin5 seller turns out good with the 187's cause I just got this email from him about the 186's:
:)

Damn, the 186 looks tempting...but I really wish the 189 would be put up for singles. :| Yingmin told me they didn't have enough lots to break one up like that, but maybe I just need to NAG them some more. :evil:

equatorgringo

Damn, the 186 looks tempting...but I really wish the 189 would be put up for singles. :| Yingmin told me they didn't have enough lots to break one up like that, but maybe I just need to NAG them some more. :evil:

The key is to nag NAG NAG!!! It's like winning a game when they give in.

equatorgringo,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: cybrguy

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Last edited:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So how is the size of the D020-W compared to the Ion Matrix? I'm guessing the Mobius is slightly larger?

The D020-W is my new favorite piece.
I just got them out and compared them.
  • The can on the mobius is approx 1cm taller than the D020-W.
  • The OD of the can on the mobius is either the same, or maybe 5mm larger, it was hard to compare eyeballing them - I'll have to do some proper measurements soon.
  • The diameter of the base on the mobius is 1-1.5cm larger than the D020-W.
  • The thickness of the bases are identical, but the D020-W looks a bit more rounded at the edges compared to the more squared off mobius.
A few random comparisons between the D020 & D020-W and my mobius collection:
  • The mouthpiece on my D020 is almost exactly the same diameter as my ion, maybe 1-2mm larger. The profile of the flair is a bit different, aesthetically I prefer the mobius mouthpiece, but functionally I prefer the slightly bigger mouthpiece of the D020.
  • The amount of water I put in both the D020 & the D020-W is the exact amount of water I put into the Ion Matrix.
  • The Matrix on the D020-W has 10 slits, with 1 band running through the middle of it, leaving 20 points of diffusion (2 per slit). The Ion Matrix has many more slits (I've never counted, but I'm guessing its gotta be 30 or more), with 2 bands running through it, giving 3 points of diffusion per slit (so like 90 points of diffusion or so?)
  • The D020-W has a definite drag to it (Not bad, but noticeable), and is IMO in no way a replacement for a mobius ion. It's perfect as a similar piece to hand around to clumsy buddies or the like, but the only reason I'd reach for this over my ion is if I want to play with it for its sidecar mouthpiece (Possibly the small opening of the mouthpiece is whats causing the drag? The only other thing I can think it could be would be the perc itself being a bit draggy...

Also, the mouthpiece on my D020 is ever so slightly rotated left, so it's a tiny bit off.
Not enough to be noticeable on a quick inspection, but its there.

my fritted AC also has a small crack in the can, where the frit is placed. It doesn't seem to effect anything, at this point its just a visual flaw. I don't know how long it will hold up, but so far no issues using it as is.
I was going to follow your lead and just use it anyway, but when cleaning it I noticed a pinhole in the upper connection - it's not airtight :(
It'll probably still function well enough, as the hole is tiny, but 2 cracks and a pinhole are leaving me underwhelmed by the piece at the moment...

Edit:
So it seems a bank nicked about $25 of my transfer to Lamin...
Anyone else heard of this happening?
So I paid $128usd + a $22aud processing fee to my bank, but Lamin only received $96usd...
He said his bank charges $8 per receipt of payment, but that leaves like $24 unaccounted for...

I'm gonna check with my bank tomorrow, but it seems odd...

Lamin is honoring the purchase at the reduced price because I showed him my records clearly showing I paid $128usd + the processing fee.

I suggested to him that he set up a Paypal account to possibly save on bank fees, and he's open to that, now we've just gotta convince him to go for individual sales lol.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
(Possibly the small opening of the mouthpiece is whats causing the drag? The only other thing I can think it could be would be the perc itself being a bit draggy...

Yeah I believe it is the MP. I have the D020-D with the same perc and it offers less drag than the D020.

I find the extra drag of the -W helps me pace myself. Didn't like it at first, but it is growing on me.

Now you got me wanting the Ion, hah. Where are the 187 reviews, maybe it will hit the itch.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just completed my order for the GB-186! They are up on Dhgate. They also have the option for "other countries". They are listed as separate items so be sure to READ THE ITEM DESCRIPTION.
They have added this one also.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/hot-sell-glass-bong-glass-smoking-pipe-with/190631085.html
IKZz2F5.jpg

Here's a link to the GB-186-1 page:
http://image.dhgate.com/albu_712787771_00/temp2.0x0.jpg

They also have this picture that makes the mouthpiece look like it's on crooked?? Something to watch out for....:o

temp2.0x0.jpg

Herr_Dampf

equatorgringo

Has anyone received their order from Yingmin5? I am excited about the 186 and the price, but am still hesitant to pull the trigger until I hear at least one success story here on this seller!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
The mouthpiece on the GB-186 picture definitely looks crooked. Actually the whole design of the end of the MP is kind of wonky. :tinfoil: However have you checked out the Möbius Thread. They have been sending out some flawed pieces lately. So, for $63 I get a Nöbius instead.:lmao: I could have 4 different pieces for the price of the cheapest real deal. As long as it isn't flawed in such a way as to impede use or is broken I'll be happy.
When it arrives I will report on function and closer scrutiny.

Top Bottom