Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Vitolo

Vaporist
Before the world got all fucked up... back in the 60's... when crack wasn't a word, and meth was not epidemic, those were used by good old MJ users.
Those were called "hash oil pipes" back then.
The world has gone to shit... the proof is that these tools are recognized by the public now as vile appliances of destructive habits!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Stereo faketrix singles $79.00+$15.00 for UPS shipping
http://www.4aceswholesale.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=16332
ilOGkef.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The D020-W is calling me daily! About to pull the trigger, but have a question for anyone that has one.

From pics it looks like the sidecar is on the wrong side (left-handed?). I'm not just seeing flipped photos. This is how the piece is, correct? Does this create any problems using it?

Most sidecars I've seen have it on the other side of the can, as does my much loved jhanpixel. This puts the can on the right side when using it. Very handy for right handed users. Guess it wouldn't be much of an issue to reach over the mouthpiece with right hand in use, but interested to know from anyone who has one.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
The D020-W is calling me daily! About to pull the trigger, but have a question for anyone that has one.

From pics it looks like the sidecar is on the wrong side (left-handed?). I'm not just seeing flipped photos. This is how the piece is, correct? Does this create any problems using it?

Most sidecars I've seen have it on the other side of the can, as does my much loved jhanpixel. This puts the can on the right side when using it. Very handy for right handed users. Guess it wouldn't be much of an issue to reach over the mouthpiece with right hand in use, but interested to know from anyone who has one.

Right hand side mount, looks to me.

IMG_0299_zps9d4a967e.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

@Mister G already beat me to it by posting my picture. It is a little odd and I too would expect the mouthpiece to be on the other side. It was a tab bit disconcerting at first, but no big deal...results are the same...outstanding.

I use mine with a M>F "Y" adapter (Clausen?) with my EVO. That way I just unplug one stem to act as a carburator.

~

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Right hand side mount, looks to me.

That's what I mean.... sidecar is on the right, putting can on the left. If holding the bubbler while using it, you'd have to reach across the mouthpiece with your right hand to lift a vape to clear it. Seems "left-handed" to me. This is the opposite of the jhanpixel sidecar I have, and all other sidecar bubblers I've seen (in person or in pictures).

With sidecar on the left (can on the right), mouthpiece is totally out of the way when pulling off the vape with your right hand - holding the bubbler in your left hand.

EDIT: Thanks @Sinclue . That's what I'm looking for - how it functions in use. Am thinking the low angle of the mouthpiece may mitigate any issue with the reach across. Just wish the Chinese cloners could be a little more accurate!

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@GSH posted the 4aces first IIRC and I almost purchased that as its been brought up b4, however I'm glad I never did bc yingman? version is a lot thicker and I would personally go with yingman? version over 4aces...

296857_2338493575896_1056570246_32164751_1794381777_n_original_original_crop_north.jpg
I agree, overall quality does not look as good as yingmin5. Thanks @GSH for posting 4aces. Another website to make my eyes bleed.

Burn

That's what I mean.... sidecar is on the right, putting can on the left. If holding the bubbler while using it, you'd have to reach across the mouthpiece with your right hand to lift a vape to clear it. Seems "left-handed" to me. This is the opposite of the jhanpixel sidecar I have, and all other sidecar bubblers I've seen (in person or in pictures).

With sidecar on the left (can on the right), mouthpiece is totally out of the way when pulling of the vape with your right hand - holding the bubbler in your left hand.

EDIT: Thanks @Sinclue . That's what I'm looking for - how it functions in use. Am thinking the low angle of the mouthpiece may mitigate any issue with the reach across. Just wish the Chinese cloners could be a little more accurate!

i dont know if putting the sidecar mouthpiece on either side is universal or not. i have a swagger sidecirc that has the mouthpiece on the right as well. works fine either way imo.

I agree, overall quality does not look as good as yingmin5. Thanks @GSH for posting 4aces. Another website to make my eyes bleed.

i would be wary of 4aces... i ordered a piece a while ago from there and while it worked great at first, i ended up putting a whole thru the mouthpiece while cleaning w/a brush. it was thin glass and some areas were really thin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
4aces has interesting stuff with decent prices for sure...but it looks like not a lot of trust here. I really don't like how they have zero details in their product descriptions, nothing besides the height in most cases....it's less info than DHgate. :mad:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
i dont know if putting the sidecar mouthpiece on either side is universal or not. i have a swagger sidecirc that has the mouthpiece on the right as well. works fine either way imo.

Interesting. Hadn't seen that one until I just took a look after your post. Guess I have to take back my statement about the Chinese cloners. Maybe they just cloned the Swagger. Looks like that may be where they got the idea for the freaky rings on the mouthpiece, too. Just glad they didn't copy the 14mm part!

Thanks for the quick responses - especially @Sinclue. Just ordered two! Can't resist ordering at least two from Sunshinestore. Shipping only goes up about 1/2 as much more and if I can't find a home for it I'll have a backup.

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Got the D022 in today, over all its in pretty nice shape. My main complaint with this one is the removable downstem doesn't sit flush in the ground joint. It moves around slightly and isn't completely airtight. :\ it's not effecting over all performance though, just a minor gripe. I am not having any trouble using this piece with the sublimator either, which is great. Just enough size and distance to work well. Its got just enough size and weight to feel stable, and balanced. I'm still getting to know this one, likely will adjust water levels and what not... it's a nice enough piece, but I would warn against it over fixed percs based on the fact it isn't a solid connection with the downstem, makes me wonder which is off center, the joint or the perc. Quality is about the same as the rest have been so far, welds are starting to look a bit cleaner. I'm not disappointed over all, it's a nice piece aside from the slightly off perc connection. Keep that in mind if you want to purchase this one.

OJ5YHiQ.jpg

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
You and @ataxian are killing me... :doh:

I have the ashcatcher in my DHgate cart, so let's just throw the D022 in and see what that does to my total....hmmm, can't find it listed anymore, I do have a link....hmmm...it's SOLD OUT!!!

The power of FC cheap glass...$$$ saved for now until it comes back in stock, maybe I'll risk the ask catcher selling out and leave it in the cart for awhile until I have something else I want and can combine shipping....

It was the "works well with sublimator" line that pushed me over the edge....I need to get my UFO out of storage.

Got the D022 in today, over all its in pretty nice shape. My main complaint with this one is the removable downstem doesn't sit flush in the ground joint. It moves around slightly and isn't completely airtight. :\ it's not effecting over all performance though, just a minor gripe. I am not having any trouble using this piece with the sublimator either, which is great. Just enough size and distance to work well. Its got just enough size and weight to feel stable, and balanced. I'm still getting to know this one, likely will adjust water levels and what not... it's a nice enough piece, but I would warn against it over fixed percs based on the fact it isn't a solid connection with the downstem, makes me wonder which is off center, the joint or the perc. Quality is about the same as the rest have been so far, welds are starting to look a bit cleaner. I'm not disappointed over all, it's a nice piece aside from the slightly off perc connection. Keep that in mind if you want to purchase this one.

OJ5YHiQ.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
** I used a bit of water resistant paper folded over itself, wedged in between the larger ground joint and stem, filling a tiny gap between the glass connection which helped the seal and stopped the rocking perc. :D Feels much more stable now. Easy fix, I thought of the video @Vitolo posted about wedging the cap on Ed's solo stem... :tup: Thanks for the idea.
Notice how the perc moves in the vid, when I go to clear it.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Interesting. Hadn't seen that one until I just took a look after your post. Guess I have to take back my statement about the Chinese cloners. Maybe they just cloned the Swagger. Looks like that may be where they got the idea for the freaky rings on the mouthpiece, too. Just glad they didn't copy the 14mm part!

Thanks for the quick responses - especially @Sinclue. Just ordered two! Can't resist ordering at least two from Sunshinestore. Shipping only goes up about 1/2 as much more and if I can't find a home for it I'll have a backup.

You are right about the angle. Its low enough to easily reach over even without any kind of adapter to raise your vape up.

OJ5YHiQ.jpg

Second the teflon tape, but you might also consider a small rubber washer ring. Will make the seal and can stay on through cleaning.
IMG_0312_zps76d8c704.jpg

~

Last edited:

dudewuterson

Hey guys, long time lurker here (almost a year now). I purchased the D020 some time last year, but recently have been having a strange issue with it. Inside the downstem, there's some sort of peeling... I clean it fairly regularly, but I have left water in there for a fairly long period (read: 3-4 weeks). The material is not really affected by ISO. I can't think of what else would cause this. Possibly worth mentioning that it's only ever been used with the Solo.
sqOAmat.jpg

Has anyone seen anything like this happen to a glass piece before? Any ideas what could do this?

nD9t8mM.jpg

P.S. @Caligula I don't think I've ever been more jealous of a piece than with your EFS glass.

Top Bottom