Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Very neat etsy blower.

This one caught my eye, comes with a worked nail, matching oil dish & dabber, and a green female GonG joint :o

$120 +shipping

I can't tell 100%, but it looks like the downstem is not diffused. That would be the way to go for maximum flavor, although I'd still prefer two holes to hit a bit smoother.

edit: looks like the $75 cheap skillet rig has a diffused downstem though, if you look at the 2nd picture. BUT the $65 dome rig looks not diffused too

il_570xN.344169723.jpg

It is diffused. I can see 4 vertical slits . the problem is the slits are so damn high up on the down stem that it'll have to have a ton of water in it. At least level with where the stem of the mouth piece starts. This is going to cause the user to get nasty water in their mouth. On a piece this small 3 punched holes on the botom of the down stem would be much more preferable.

I noticed a lot of cheap glass but not high quality glass in this thread. A whole lot of china glass. One can find really good quality American made glass if you are patient and know what to look for.

Tea Party,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
There's a lot of all kinds of glass in this thread. Some of it surprisingly good for China glass. Heck my Vapor Bros knock-off its the same, down to the D cuts on the perc. There's actually a lot of USA glass, to.

Only thing we try to keep it to, is the neighborhood of $100. If you come across deals, for HQ stuff, link it up.

EDIT:
Vapor Bros has this beauty on sale for $89.99 until the 31st. Looks like a nice piece. I like the 5 cut perc, versus the old 3 cut, which I don't think works particularly well. This design, should get a much wider bubble dispersion and better perc.

Vapor Bros Clear Mini Glass Hydrator

(its a bit smaller than the regular hyrdrator. Probably about the same size as the China knock-off.)
default.jpg

minihydrator_lg3.jpg

minihydrator_lg2.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
ATTENTION BROKE BASTARDS GLASS CONSORTIUM

As the likelihood we will ever see a FC bubbler grows dimmer, I am in need of a decent piece of scientific glass. Unfortunately, I have a very limited budget and am going to get my ass reamed when it comes to light. So... I have to work some minor glass miracles here and it needs to be worth it. I need my brother's and sister's help!

I would like THIS piece, or something damn similar/close to it. I've seen the larger of these on ioffer, at least I'm 99% sure they're the same ones. Same TORO copy (I believe???) and glasswork is a dead ringer (its also like $100 more than the smoketower.ca price). However, I want THIS one. I love THIS one. Showerhead to an 8-arm, I am in love!

Lowest, I've seen it... smoketower.ca which means, I'm paying international shipping, taking me significantly over my $100. The list, I could pull off... shipping from outside the States... ugh. The Black Leaf was going to cost me $25, for the standard shipping, but kept me under that $100 range.

COME ON GUYS/GALS! Find me this piece or a similar scientific for as close to $100 as you can!

12" 8-Arms Switchback Reversal with Showerhead Stem - $134.00

PI_JY_B_1008_01-500x500.jpg

P.S. You're probably asking why I don't save a little longer. Its complicated. Its one of those, I have a chance... grab something, while I can.

Anyone have a coupon code or gift voucher for smoketower.ca?

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
If I were you'd I'd save more and get something from a reputable blower.

That piece is either:

A) highly misrepresented and the one you'd get would not look anything like that

B) extremely low quality and ultra thin.

circ to 8 with work for $134 sorry but no lamp worker worth their salt is going to sell anything like that for less than several hundred dollars. That is with out a doubt a chinese tube.

You get what you pay for, save up and get something American made.

Buy once, cry once.

I highly recommend glasstafarian

Tea Party,
Reactions: Elluzion

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
We've had good success in this thread. You would be surprised. As I stated, "saving up longer" is complicated. Very much so. I've got about $100 to spend now, if I don't... its gone.

I've actually read several reviews on ioffer and other sites, about these pieces. These are quite popular and well-made for the price. The Broke Bastards Glass Consortium, has turned many people on, to some pretty nice pieces. I know you're against the China-grade/mention of glass, but they've picked up their game considerably, in just the last year alone.

I'd LOVE a Glasstafarian piece... he's just out of my range however. I'll hit him up... but, I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to have the luxury of ignoring Chinese glass altogether.

Besides, this piece is to get me through the next 3-4 months. Once my crops start rolling in, after my @#$%ing setback (Instead of harvesting 5 on this crop... it will be 2 and one is a rescue). I'll buy a Sheldon Black (not really... don't like much of their stuff)... but, the money won't be an issue, for at least one HQ piece. I'm not in that paygrade yet and its no guarantee, either. I like bargains to. The crappy 6 arm tube I had (with 11-arm ash perc), actually vaped better than most pieces I've tried. Including friend's high $$$ pieces. I got it for $50. It wasn't broken on accident, otherwise, I'd still be using it. Ugly as sin, but solid.

This is the dude that sells the larger version. I was wrong, thought he sold them for $250-$299 range.

ioffer Toro Syle

toro-style-7-13-perc-glass-bong-waterpipe-back-in-stock-c109.JPG

BigDaddyVapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Oh noooooo, not China! Heaven forbid! :rolleyes:

Just dogma IMO that is fast becoming out of date.

3.45 min

It would seem to agree with my logic that the only meaningful thing that the Chinese manufacturers aren't capable of nowadays is creativity. The rest you can get what you pay for- those black leaf imitation Luke Wilsons look pretty well finished, but they're not as affordable as the traditional Chinese factory fare with sloppier finishing.

And TP did you notice that this thread is actually about cheaper ~$100 pieces? If you're just gonna come in and shit on everything that 'cheap' then you'll be here a lot.

edit, nevermind, bdv made the point posted whilst I was looking for the video

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh noooooo, not China! Heaven forbid! :rolleyes:

Just dogma IMO that is fast becoming out of date.

It would seem to agree with my logic that the only meaningful thing that the Chinese manufacturers aren't capable of nowadays is creativity. The rest you can get what you pay for- those black leaf imitation Luke Wilsons look pretty well finished, but they're not as affordable as the traditional Chinese factory fare with sloppier finishing.

And TP did you notice that this thread is actually about cheaper ~$100 pieces? If you're just gonna come in and shit on everything that 'cheap' then you'll be here a lot.

edit, nevermind, bdv made the point posted whilst I was looking for the video

Is it just me... or is this scary shades of deja vu (well, for me... I forget shit a day/week later. drawback to decreased blood flow to brain and 2 strokes)? But, I thought you posted this once before. I've never watched the video. But, you make the point quite well, the video is just confirmation. I can even relate, hear, clap the sarcasm. Some of the Chinese manufacturers have made the point. They're not all putting out POS glass.

I think the biggest complaint I have about the majority of Chinese stuff, I come into contact with, is they seem to have a lack of attention to detail on the joints/knuckles. I've snapped 'em and that shit is like 1mm thick. But, then again... I'm talking about $40 pieces, I've had experience with. They have some issues. However, there is that price range online you start getting close to $100 and the Chinese quality goes WAY up. Rivaling some "American" glass for sure. Custom Creations is one that comes to mind. American made... but, eh on everything else. They make so many "natural" percs, its ridiculous. I even wonder, if they know how to make a dome perc.

EDIT: Thanks for the time stamp. Went and watched that part. GREAT POINT! "Everyone needs a cheap piece, when they're poor... if you want a high filtered (think he means quality) price <cough> P(iece) for their money, go buy a China piece. If you want a collector's piece..." Thanks for the sig. :D

EDIT II: Oh @#$%. I added it to cart, to check price and such. There's a FREE SHIPPING option and no tax. I can have it for $134. My finger is about to pull the trigger. Only $4 over my absolute max! Someone talk me out of it!!! QUICK! (or show me something better)

BigDaddyVapor,
One thing not mentioned too much is that the Chinese and Indian manufacturers often smelt their own glass. It is virtually guaranteed to be lesser quality than American or European glass tubing like Simax or Schott. You can buy their crappy cheap tubing for half the cost of the good stuff and I hear it's a real struggle to work with, but I've never had the experience. Also, alot of the colored tubing out there is Chinese in origin and is infamous for being hard to work with - I almost guarantee that big green bubbler set from Etsy a few posts up is Chinese tubing.

As for buying Chinese goods in general, Eh, their government is occupying Tibet, and their leaders aren't democratically elected, reasons which are good enough for me to not buy Chinese goods when there's a reasonable alternative.

charliedontsurf,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
As for buying Chinese goods in general, Eh, their government is occupying Tibet, and their leaders aren't democratically elected, reasons which are good enough for me to not buy Chinese goods when there's a reasonable alternative.

Noble reasons. But, show me the reasonable alternative? I asked for ideas. So far, nothing is touching this. If you go on youtube and search showerhead to worked, you're going to find a LOT of nice milk shots and very nice percolation from this particular piece.

Oh, I left the politics in the other forum, can we all honor that?

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Understood. If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. ;)

Yeah, but I've got a card to play to my advantage (luck within the last day). Why I have to strike fast and as low-key as possible.

EDIT: And in a STUNNING development a Google search took me to ANOTHER Wat post, where he talks about his Black Leaf Saxo... then I find a cool video. Damn Wat, you just sold a bubbler. Now I got to decide which one. I like the fat base on the little 10-arm and damn that thing fires some bubbles. How sturdy does that perc feel, since its not anchored at the bottom? Are the arms reinforced (looks like a large center tube - closed end, they surround).

Input appreciated.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
My beautiful new toy, coming in the mail (not soon enough). I'll repost Wat's video's to show how amazing this piece is. I understand where part of his defense mechanism comes from, towards Chinese Glass. This is a NICE piece. I was sold on the showerhead... but the wide base and then seeing what this could do. I changed my mind!

I was comparing this to a B Wilson 6-arm bubbler... the one with a misshapen bulbous base. The Saxo, grinds it up, fills a trench and squeezes all the goodness out the Wilson perc. Either Wat has perfected the pull, or he discovered a real nice piece, for at least 2 of us.

Black Leaf Saxo Bubbler - Dewarr joint - 10-arm reinforced tree perc: $114.97 (delivered)
us_445.jpg

us-det3_2.jpg

us_445-det.jpg

us-det_2.jpg

us-det2_2.jpg

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
ATTENTION BROKE BASTARDS GLASS CONSORTIUM

As the likelihood we will ever see a FC bubbler grows dimmer, I am in need of a decent piece of scientific glass. Unfortunately, I have a very limited budget and am going to get my ass reamed when it comes to light. So... I have to work some minor glass miracles here and it needs to be worth it. I need my brother's and sister's help!

I would like THIS piece, or something damn similar/close to it. I've seen the larger of these on ioffer, at least I'm 99% sure they're the same ones. Same TORO copy (I believe???) and glasswork is a dead ringer (its also like $100 more than the smoketower.ca price). However, I want THIS one. I love THIS one. Showerhead to an 8-arm, I am in love!

Lowest, I've seen it... smoketower.ca which means, I'm paying international shipping, taking me significantly over my $100. The list, I could pull off... shipping from outside the States... ugh. The Black Leaf was going to cost me $25, for the standard shipping, but kept me under that $100 range.

COME ON GUYS/GALS! Find me this piece or a similar scientific for as close to $100 as you can!

12" 8-Arms Switchback Reversal with Showerhead Stem - $134.00

PI_JY_B_1008_01-500x500.jpg

P.S. You're probably asking why I don't save a little longer. Its complicated. Its one of those, I have a chance... grab something, while I can.

Anyone have a coupon code or gift voucher for smoketower.ca?

For this price, and if it's kind of Black Leaf quality wise I don't see any wrong, just avoid hard cold surfaces drops(tile floors, kitchen ceramic sinks, sharp surfaces) or knocks, and hard pointy things tumbling or crashing against the piece.
It should do an awesome job, I'm actually going to order one and told you, maybe.......
I had a Black Leaf 12 slits?? inline perc to 8 arm tree perc A/C, works ok, but I have a Solo and it's too much diffusion for my taste, I prefer to feel the greenest part of the bud, kind of coarse in your throat :) so I have it as a backup... I use a keck clip and a J mouthpiece, but you need to be careful with the draw, too strong and that second 8 arm tree would splash back into your mouth, trust me, happens with kind of straight neck mouthpieces like this in cheap glass.
So IMO opinion, when you clear, do it softtttt, :tup: enjoy it!!!!

p.s: is it free shipping??? call it now :)

Zangano Cruel,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
BDV, that looks like a great piece for a real solid deal. definitely let us know how it performs when you get it. a video would be nice too:rolleyes:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
We've had good success in this thread. You would be surprised. As I stated, "saving up longer" is complicated. Very much so. I've got about $100 to spend now, if I don't... its gone.

I've actually read several reviews on ioffer and other sites, about these pieces. These are quite popular and well-made for the price. The Broke Bastards Glass Consortium, has turned many people on, to some pretty nice pieces. I know you're against the China-grade/mention of glass, but they've picked up their game considerably, in just the last year alone.

I'd LOVE a Glasstafarian piece... he's just out of my range however. I'll hit him up... but, I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to have the luxury of ignoring Chinese glass altogether.

Besides, this piece is to get me through the next 3-4 months. Once my crops start rolling in, after my @#$%ing setback (Instead of harvesting 5 on this crop... it will be 2 and one is a rescue). I'll buy a Sheldon Black (not really... don't like much of their stuff)... but, the money won't be an issue, for at least one HQ piece. I'm not in that paygrade yet and its no guarantee, either. I like bargains to. The crappy 6 arm tube I had (with 11-arm ash perc), actually vaped better than most pieces I've tried. Including friend's high $$$ pieces. I got it for $50. It wasn't broken on accident, otherwise, I'd still be using it. Ugly as sin, but solid.

This is the dude that sells the larger version. I was wrong, thought he sold them for $250-$299 range.

ioffer Toro Syle

toro-style-7-13-perc-glass-bong-waterpipe-back-in-stock-c109.JPG

These two are pretty much the same aren't they? But this one is 150

http://smoketower.ca/store/image/cache/data/product/additional/PI_NB027-600x600.jpg

Puffers,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
hey FC, i am having a massive price drop on those inline rigs for the celebration tomorrow. one week for the new prices of $75 and $100 for the rigs. am surprised they weren't swooped up faster at my first prices, but this is priced to go! shipping is on you (locals can meet up). hope to make someone's 7/10 a happy one. honestly if i can get one of ya to buy just one, i can justify keeping the other. thanks again and happy 7/10 eve!

so here is the video

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
THEY'RE BACK! FLY MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

You are receiving this notification because you subscribed to receive alerts when the following products are back in stock:

Weed Star - Double Bubbler Bong 3.0 with Shower Head Perc Diffusers

Price: 89.50

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/double-bubbler-bong-3-0-with-shower-head-perc-diffusers.html

EDIT: Let me tell you, been waiting for this thing for months. Had I known it was being re-released 2 days after my order, I would have snapped this up. Fast! I even thought about making every attempt of cancelling my order and trying to switch to this (its a little cheaper to). The only thing that stopped me, was the base. There's lots of reviews, lots of comments I've read from members here (Frederick has the 2.0 model) and on videos... its not the most stable piece. I don't have the best of luck with tipsy things. It was the deciding factor in why I got the Saxo I did, in comparison to the other versions.

BUT, if I had another $100 to drop, I would JUMP ALL OVER THIS.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
wtf bdv? is that a matrix knockoff? sweet and how much? all it's missing is a bottom weld for the perc.

stickstones,
Top Bottom