Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Alexis

I feel the exact same way about the fc-186. I always prided myself on a large lung capacity, but that initial pull takes so much out of me. Im wondering if other people are having an easier time clearing a whole can of vapor without problems using the fc-186, since it gets so many good reviews.
Thanks for letting me know Im not crazy. That is why I am curious to know if the Flowerbeast is easier, more pull friendly. I think the 186 probably works better with vapes with a bit of draw restriction.

So not exactly the FPSH or Herb Ti.

shredder

I feel the exact same way about the fc-186. I always prided myself on a large lung capacity, but that initial pull takes so much out of me. Im wondering if other people are having an easier time clearing a whole can of vapor without problems using the fc-186, since it gets so many good reviews.

I have a fc 186. Mine does have a fair amount of restriction. I like it for dabs on my dnail, but the restriction with a dynavap is a bit much.

The dynavap has a noticeable restriction on its own, especially an omni with it adjusted for a closed carb.
I find the same extra pull needed to get it going. But it also kills a full load in the omni with one pull. So with the restriction some will like it depending on the vape. Used with my dnail the fc 186 restriction seems much less.

mixchu69

I have a fc 186. Mine does have a fair amount of restriction. I like it for dabs on my dnail, but the restriction with a dynavap is a bit much.

The dynavap has a noticeable restriction on its own, especially an omni with it adjusted for a closed carb.
I find the same extra pull needed to get it going. But it also kills a full load in the omni with one pull. So with the restriction some will like it depending on the vape. Used with my dnail the fc 186 restriction seems much less.
Having an Omni, do u fill the chamber, take a breath and then clear? Or can u clear it on one pull?

Alexis

Yeah, it's odd because the 186 DOES have some restriction. Yet with the wide open flowing vapes it seems too open, too much air too fast.

And I get you totally on the Omni. I couldn't stand the restriction and the exhaustive effort. Same with a certain log vape I tried.
Both were too much work in the 186, just about manageable in the D-020D.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hi peeps,

Irony struck me today: While looking for new glass pieces, I decided to clean my d020. Managed to smash the mouthpiece against faucet... What does glass? Right...
Well, so now I need some of that glass even more ;) :D

I'm eyeing with some pieces from steven and sunshinestore.

Looking for a nice easy and smooth draw one that saves the flavor the best possible (whatever that means..:p) - and then bigger sized smooth hits capability :)

I like:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...g-based-water/233447446.html#cart_view-2-null

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...g-with-matrix/255741536.html#cart_view-4-null

sunshine:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/d020...se-perc-water/175832535.html#cart_view-2-null
(Cause I lost her... ;))

https://www.dhgate.com/product/dfx-...ter-pipe-with/396093322.html#cart_view-1-null

and

as for this one https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-design-vapexhale-hydratube-sidecar-perc/386035662.html: what kind of perc would one prefer? Inline vs. circle sidecut?
(Actually, there's 3 options as for the foot stand bubbler: )

Thanks for your opinions! :)

VN
:peace:

Alexis

Hi peeps,

Irony struck me today: While looking for new glass pieces, I decided to clean my d020. Managed to smash the mouthpiece against faucet... What does glass? Right...
Well, so now I need some of that glass even more ;) :D

I'm eyeing with some pieces from steven and sunshinestore.

Looking for a nice easy and smooth draw one that saves the flavor the best possible (whatever that means..:p) - and then bigger sized smooth hits capability :)

I like:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...g-based-water/233447446.html#cart_view-2-null

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...g-with-matrix/255741536.html#cart_view-4-null

sunshine:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/d020...se-perc-water/175832535.html#cart_view-2-null
(Cause I lost her... ;))

https://www.dhgate.com/product/dfx-...ter-pipe-with/396093322.html#cart_view-1-null

and

as for this one https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-design-vapexhale-hydratube-sidecar-perc/386035662.html: what kind of perc would one prefer? Inline vs. circle sidecut?
(Actually, there's 3 options as for the foot stand bubbler: )

Thanks for your opinions! :)

VN
I can vouch for the FC-UFO. It has very little drag/resistance- just the perfect amount for me. Very easy to get the pull going, vapir generation is instant depending on your device.

It is easy to take a long hit without running out of air. Also, the way the can works- the vapor seems to flow and spin and spread out around the whole of the can, then sucks through to your mouth.
I find it smooths the hits very well, for a piece that is still fairly small and compact, and so easy to milk and clear.
I also made my own whip for it with larger ID silicone hose (10mm) and the original Herborizer XL whip adapter, which accomodates a wider ID and kerps it airtight.

wildything

The FC 201 base seems very narrow. How is the stability?
I havent found it to be too unstable for any of my vapes. The downstem is in the center of the can and it is still plenty wide enough to support the piece even though it is a little narrower can than FC-187 and doesn't have the wide base. For example my evo is fine on it but if you were to use a dropdown it may make it unstable if you place enough weight on it, still think an enail would be fine, but keep that in mind. I like that it feels much nicer while holding it and sitting back to take a hit. The added versatility and ease of use while sitting comfortably makes it a nice addition to my collection even with a similar hit to the FC-187.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I could you some help. I have this rig:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

The downstems are 29mm to 18mm. I want to secure the downstems under their lips (which appears to be 29mm) to the ashcatcher & can, itself, (which appears to be about 40mm, if my ruler & I are measuring correctly), so I would like to know if it's doable, &, if so, what size keck clip I need. And if doable should I go with plastic or metal?

Thanks!

wildything

I could you some help. I have this rig:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

The downstems are 29mm to 18mm. I want to secure the downstems under their lips (which appears to be 29mm) to the ashcatcher & can, itself, (which appears to be about 40mm, if my ruler & I are measuring correctly), so I would like to know if it's doable, &, if so, what size keck clip I need. And if doable should I go with plastic or metal?

Thanks!
The k clip that comes in this set might work. Maybe message the seller about just ordering the clip if its possible. https://www.dhgate.com/product/best...-18mm/388496405.html#s2-8-7b;searl|0493127351

vapen00b

Thanks fellas!

Was a hard choice to either go for all 3 sunshine pieces for a few bucks less or the 2 Steven's (+2 adapters)... Had a $20 code that only would get activated when exceeding $100 from one seller (w/o shipping).
Well, that's GAS world problems I guess.. ;)

Finally caved in and ordered the UFO and MOD... Jane was great again, hope they get here safe and sound :)

Still interested in the elaborations on different perc types - as for the vapXhale stand bubblers. Which type is the "best" ?

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
@Chicken #420 hello and another warm thanks for the great practical info you share all over this place for our benefit.

I wish to ask your very brief opinion please sir- I am quite keen on picking up the Flower Beast for when I have my soon coming Herbo Ti (aka- FP reserve!)

I bought the FC-186 for my (mum's) Flowerpot based on Edwyn's strong recommendation (Vapecritic has also followed suit now after breaking his fave piece).

Currently I am using the FC 186 with the Elev8r, alternating with the UFO bubbler.
The 186 is certainly smooth and cool, and a little better that way for bigger hits, although the UFO is still pretty smooth and strikes a very fair balance between size of can, draw resisitance/effort, and smoothness.

What I don't like about the 186 is I find it a little hard work. It pulls back at me when I begin my draw. Like taking up the reigns, and if you let them go slack you must start over again. Its like pulling a truck- once you start, you better continue. The UFO is not like this. I can stop inhaling for any time length, even a split second, and immediately pick it up again without losing air/draw capacity.

So this takes a little wind to get going with the 186, effectively meaning I'm out of draw strength sooner by the end of the hit.
I like to hikd my hits but I find it imoossible to fully clear the 186 at the end of the hit, withiout exhaling instantly.

And it often gives me a head rush from prolongued and pretty raoid inhalation. I usually don't try and clear it, but still find it a little longwinded. And I get more blowback with the 186 than any other rigs (even with low water), which I wish to reduce for the incoming Ti, which enhances the blowback of the bubblers as the air is so free flowing and when you stop your inhale there is vapor blowback up through the heater each time- even with the XL Sphere bubbler, which never occured with the XL.

The UFO does not have any blowback, and it is immediatelg resp9nsive to the initial pull, easier to pick my perfect drawrate from the off, and also much easier to fill my lungs, and eiher clear comfortably, or leave a little vapir behind and take the hit down deep to hold- like Im unable to with the 186.

The Flowerbeast I like the look of. I think I might prefer it to the 186. Im hoping it is a little better in terms of draw responsiveness and initial "pullback", blowback (works both ways lol!)

Size wise the Beast is almost identical- 34 cm etc. One might think both pieces will be the same function wise.

What are your thoughts on thess 2 bubblers? Do you think it is worth me getting the Flowerbeast, or is it too similar to the 186 in this regard? Like, easier to get going at a comfortable, controlled pace, and easier to clear withiut exhasting breath with lungs so full of air?

One other thing Im not so keen on with the 186 is how I can't see the milk properly in the can, to know what sort of hit I have coming, unless I tip my neck right forward, and still can't see it properly.
The Beast looks better also in this sense, with eyes pointing downwards.

If you have a thought on this bro I would love to hear it, anytime. Only a brief word, just being as clear as poss here to maks your answer dead simple.
Thanks dude, wishing you a totally fab weekend.:)

@Alexis,

I do not have the 186, but I have several bubblers of approximately the same form factor and internal volume. I personally prefer the Flower Beast, for the simple reason that the internal volume is larger, and that is a definite bonus for me... as I have large lung capacity and I find that the FP just floats my boat better all around when using larger glass.

As for the blowback and draw resistance, I find the Flower Beast to be about average in this department... with unacceptable blowback if the water level is too high, but reasonable to no blowback if water is lower. Same thing with initial draw restriction... easier to overcome when water level is lower.

Since my last post about Glass in this thread, I have received the yellow "wonky neck" pipe from CCG that is very similar to the Flower Beast, but with a simpler diffuser and splashguard neck. I like it a lot more than the Flower Beast, even though the volume is a bit smaller (slightly smaller tube diameter). The percolator gives less diffusion, and overall I just enjoy using the piece more than my Flower Beast:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/35cm-tall-new-arrival-seed-of-life-perc-perc/407832493.html

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis,

I do not have the 186, but I have several bubblers of approximately the same form factor and internal volume. I personally prefer the Flower Beast, for the simple reason that the internal volume is larger, and that is a definite bonus for me... as I have large lung capacity and I find that the FP just floats my boat better all around when using larger glass.

As for the blowback and draw resistance, I find the Flower Beast to be about average in this department... with unacceptable blowback if the water level is too high, but reasonable to no blowback if water is lower. Same thing with initial draw restriction... easier to overcome when water level is lower.

Since my last post about Glass in this thread, I have received the yellow "wonky neck" pipe from CCG that is very similar to the Flower Beast, but with a simpler diffuser and splashguard neck. I like it a lot more than the Flower Beast, even though the volume is a bit smaller (slightly smaller tube diameter). The percolator gives less diffusion, and overall I just enjoy using the piece more than my Flower Beast:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/35cm-tall-new-arrival-seed-of-life-perc-perc/407832493.html

Hope this helps!
Thanks dude that is very useful intel to me, I have full faith in your every word. I think it's really cool how you can enjoy this hobby with genuine passion and for fun, but also to really delve into it, helping your buddy out big time with his shop, and also being an increasingly experienced resource for us all here on fc- hence why "I always check you enit!" :lol: (local rudeboy slang, commonly in relation to picking up a draw though).

I will check out that link now thanks and enjoy your sunday remains.:tup:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hi peeps,

Irony struck me today: While looking for new glass pieces, I decided to clean my d020. Managed to smash the mouthpiece against faucet...
VN

Another post that I really hate to like. Sorry man, I hope you've got something to get by until the FC-UFO and MOD arrive. Nice choices, both get lotsa love so I'm betting you're happy; and from sunshine, I'd say chances are good they'll both be intact!

I think it's 100% kick-ass that between this thread and @Chicken #420 Presents the DHgate Naughty/Nice List, a reader with no previous glass/experience can get an idea of how different pieces will perform and reliable sellers from which to purchase. I've learned so much about glass and the areas to look for, when considering vapor > combustion glass, thanks guys!

@Chicken #420 So glad you got that one, I saw it the other day and kept going back to it. It appears to be at the larger end for me, but I don't have your athletic lungs. It looks absolutely perfect for the FPSH and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Keep up the solid work you've been doing!

Last edited:

jl420

@Alexis,

Hope this helps!

I bought an early 2016 version of same glass and I still use it at least once every weekend. Can be a pain to clean but I get some eye poppin' rips off it though. I'll set up my Liger v2 with the Sic insert and I get the tastiest rips but end up coughing up a lung along the way...:ko:

vapen00b

Another post that I really hate to like. Sorry man, I hope you've got something to get by until the FC-UFO and MOD arrive. Nice choices, both get lotsa love so I'm betting you're happy; and from sunshine, I'd say chances are good they'll both be intact!

I think it's 100% kick-ass that between this thread and @Chicken #420 Presents the DHgate Naughty/Nice List, a reader with no previous glass/experience can get an idea of how different pieces will perform and reliable sellers from which to purchase. I've learned so much about glass and the areas to look for, when considering vapor > combustion glass, thanks guys!

@Chicken #420 So glad you got that one, I saw it the other day and kept going back to it. It appears to be at the larger end for me, but I don't have your athletic lungs. It looks absolutely perfect for the FPSH and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Keep up the solid work you've been doing!

Hey mate,

first off, having been pretty inactive lately, I wanted to let you know that I really, really enjoy reading your posts a lot! I can see you're a fine dude with a good heart AND a wonderful sense of humor. Great to have you on FC! :)

Yeh, mishaps... Actually, I felt bad for not ordering the d020 again - but off to new coasts! Hopefully smooth sailing ;)
Luckily, I have another piece from Steven - the little cowbell thingy bubbler (14mm male). I didn't like it too much cause of the dingeling sounds it does while drawing - but now I'm more than happy to have it. There's gotta be a second chance in life ;) :D

Anyways, still interested in the opinions on the different vapexhale foot stand perc styles... or general fav. percs and what makes them better than others in your book.

Enjoy and see ya around glass lovvazz!

2 Cycle

Thanks fellas!

Was a hard choice to either go for all 3 sunshine pieces for a few bucks less or the 2 Steven's (+2 adapters)... Had a $20 code that only would get activated when exceeding $100 from one seller (w/o shipping).

Finally caved in and ordered the UFO and MOD... Jane was great again, hope they get here safe and sound :)

Still interested in the elaborations on different perc types - as for the vapXhale stand bubblers. Which type is the "best" ?

I have the mod and the UFO, both are excellent especially for the $. You made good choices

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks fellas!

The UFO is outstanding, has a quiet perc so good for flavor, and makes a great base for any frankenbong you might want to create. I heavily lust for the FC-Mod for the same basic reasons. I think you got a great combination. On your list post above that one, I have the first piece, lust for the second, have the third and lust for the forth. The fifth piece is the only one that I don't have or hear it calling to me.

unsorted

The UFO is outstanding, has a quiet perc so good for flavor, and makes a great base for any frankenbong you might want to create. I heavily lust for the FC-Mod for the same basic reasons. I think you got a great combination. On your list post above that one, I have the first piece, lust for the second, have the third and lust for the forth. The fifth piece is the only one that I don't have or hear it calling to me.

For those who may not have seen it, here's a link to a post from a while back. You can see the relative sizes.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-908#post-1025309

Summer

Long Island, NY
@unsorted, it's been a while since you got this piece, so I'm very much interested on your current opinion of the Sunshinestore 10-arm hydrabase. How is draw resistance for someone with lousy lungs & how much diffusion? Thanks!

4E6AQFu.jpg

unsorted

@unsorted, it's been a while since you got this piece, so I'm very much interested on your current opinion of the Sunshinestore 10-arm hydrabase. How is draw resistance for someone with lousy lungs & how much diffusion? Thanks!

The 10-arm has been the one I use regularly ever since I got it. It and the FC-MOD both have minimal draw resistance in my opinion. The jar volumes are probably about the same, so they're both easy to clear. I do think that the 10-arm offers a little less diffusion and a little bit hotter hit. May need to turn the Nano down.. Being shorter makes it easier to stash out of sight as well. (If that's a concern.)

I've been using the FC-MOD in recent days. Easy draw, slightly more diffused, and slightly cooler hit than the 10-arm. I guess I just like whatever I'm using.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've been using the FC-MOD in recent days. Easy draw, slightly more diffused, and slightly cooler hit than the 10-arm. I guess I just like whatever I'm using.
You can choose between a few different percs for each downstem, right? Given my preference for less diffusion I think showerheads or something similar would be the way to go...

Top Bottom