• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

unsorted

You can choose between a few different percs for each downstem, right? Given my preference for less diffusion I think showerheads or something similar would be the way to go...

Mine came with the matrix and the showerhead percs. I'm not aware of other perc choices from Steven, but I really don't know. I know other options exist from other sources, but I've never pursued it. About diffusion, at my draw rate (slow and steady), only the top row of slots on the matrix actually come into play. So I don't perceive much difference between it and the showerhead. If you make a harder/faster draw, then you'd get more diffusion, stacking more bubbles. Both percs do interchange between either jar. I've only used the ash catcher once, just to test.

LabPong

I feel the exact same way about the fc-186. I always prided myself on a large lung capacity, but that initial pull takes so much out of me. Im wondering if other people are having an easier time clearing a whole can of vapor without problems using the fc-186, since it gets so many good reviews.

I love my FC186...It is the only one I like using with my flowerpot. But with most of my water units I drill a carb hole in them. This works perfect for clearing a larger volume unit, or if you don't have large enough L capacity.

LabPong,
Reactions: Alexis

AMiA

Hi guys !
Need some advice,i've just bought a FURY 2 and need a good small and thickglased watertool to go with it.Please advice me gentelmen ;-)

//TIA

AMiA,

LabPong

AMiA......do not even mess around with buying and trying different ones if you do not have a lot of experience with water units.

Get a D020-D for the absolute best all-round glass piece you can get. They are pretty cheap as well...you can get them for $23-28. I got a few from sunshinestore on dhgate.com

LabPong

The more simple way to get a carb hole is use of a cloud buddy.

My reason for drilling a hole is 2 fold.

#1 it is cheap and super easy when you have a $10 glass drill bit and drill....just add water unit and put in a pale or large sink. I put the entire glass piece in a water filled pale/bucket....then use slow speed drilling while the glass is submerged just enough to be below the surface.....and go slow.

#2 adding more glass or joints...or adding a plug to pull off is still a big kluge and not half as quick and smooth (physically) of a carb action to me. Having a carb hole allows for micro airflow control when clearing your draw.

By having a small carb hole near the top of the water piece allows for a much smoother controlled draw from start to finish....and more importantly allows for quick purging of the chamber. All this allows me to use the least amount of lung power and time to get a quicker and smoother draw.

I only leave the smaller water units uncarbed because I would use my vapcap in them. Clearing those smaller units and lifting out a vapcap is no stress.

AMiA

AMiA......do not even mess around with buying and trying different ones if you do not have a lot of experience with water units.

Get a D020-D for the absolute best all-round glass piece you can get. They are pretty cheap as well...you can get them for $23-28. I got a few from sunshinestore on dhgate.com

Thanks buddy,checking it out right now :-)

Can't be shipped to Thailand...BUMMER.

AMiA,

Alexis

The more simple way to get a carb hole is use of a cloud buddy.
Good evening (or good night!). Speaking of cloud buddies, I just ordered the bridge adapter from Vapefiend for only £7.99.

Im sure it was at least £15 before, more like £20? I was already decided to get one for the Herbo but had to jump on this before you lot all clear them out. I couldn't keep it from you all, so I had to just go ahead and book my place first.
https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/glass-adapters/products/18mm-bridge-adapter

Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni

cloudsosmoke

@Alexis
£11.44 inc shipping uk
Thanks for the late night bargain lol

Is it..
If you open the carb at the end and continue to draw
you add air and you get better taste on the exhale?

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: Alexis

datayoda

Ha ha ha. I assume you meant to post the piece rather than the MP. Is it the Mod or a clone?

The CCG fabs have been calling me for their design as well as their price point. It will be one of those or the Mod.

I had OGB make me this one for my FC UFO. Pricier than Stevens, but great for my application.
F5S6ZQw.jpg
Where can I buy that mouth piece. Looks like what I need

datayoda,
Reactions: cybrguy

MrMonss

In this case it's from OGB (not chinese). You can ask him what is your need and he will do it for you.

Nice find @Alexis, in addition this one seems to be "the original" (the one I broke).
That of Steven looks less beautiful in photo, because the arm seems longer.
I ordered the other version of Steven (the one with the carb plug in 14mm), just to test.
Delivery seems delayed because of the snow.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In this case it's from OGB (not chinese). You can ask him what is your need and he will do it for you.
Yeah, I was trying to get a little further away from my UFO to keep vapes out of my face and he just started the bend earlier than standard and that did it. I also had him use a US joint so I could use it with RBT vapes, but it's a little too long to do that comfortably.

The bend and length cooled nicely tho. Everything is a compromise... :shrug:

OregonGlassBlower has also made me custom M2Ms.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Is it.. If you open the carb at the end and continue to draw you add air and you get better taste on the exhale?

Of course you get a rush of air when you open up the carb which aids in pushing the vapor into your lungs, but primarily, opening the carb clears the can.

Any suggestions where to get some good tubing to use with my FC UFO so I can use it it whip style ?

You can get food grade tubing from Vapexahle in 18" - 36" lengths here. I'm a newbie to all the glass accessories, but IMO, the tubing is very nice; soft & pliable. And VX products are quality.

https://www.xhl3.com/collections/accessories/products/evo-adapter-individual-pieces

Can some please see if they can answer my previously asked question:
pray.gif

I have this rig:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

The downstems are 29mm to 18mm. I want to anchor the downstem under the top lip on the ashcatcher (which appears to be 29mm) to the can joint (which appears to be 40mm). If I'm measuring correctly, I would like to know what size keck clip I need.

Anybody??? Thanks!

My reason for drilling a hole is 2 fold.

#1 it is cheap and super easy when you have a $10 glass drill bit and drill....just add water unit and put in a pale or large sink. I put the entire glass piece in a water filled pale/bucket....then use slow speed drilling while the glass is submerged just enough to be below the surface.....and go slow.

#2 adding more glass or joints...or adding a plug to pull off is still a big kluge and not half as quick and smooth (physically) of a carb action to me. Having a carb hole allows for micro airflow control when clearing your draw.

By having a small carb hole near the top of the water piece allows for a much smoother controlled draw from start to finish....and more importantly allows for quick purging of the chamber. All this allows me to use the least amount of lung power and time to get a quicker and smoother draw.

I only leave the smaller water units uncarbed because I would use my vapcap in them. Clearing those smaller units and lifting out a vapcap is no stress.

Can you please post a picture of a couple rigs w/ carb holes you've drilled? :nod:

Last edited:

Alexis

Is it..
If you open the carb at the end and continue to draw
you add air and you get better taste on the exhale?
I have no real experince with them, but for me at the moment it will be purely about clearing the hit with certain vaporizers without having to fidde with the vape, or the heater part and the bowl which can be finnicky and awkard to get safely loose when you are at the end of your hit and want to finish.

It is a good safeguard against blowback also, the Herbo Ti I will get has such a huge airfliw there is usually a little blowback going up through the heater when my inhale stops.

With the FC 186 I got abv shoot up through the heater. The cloud buddy should help here, the Herbo Ti injector can get caught in the bowl when trying to lift one handed to clear a hit. I will get some keck clips but wont work on all bubblers though.
I will see if there are other functional advantages with the adapter. I am interested in @MrMonss 's reports of using the cloud buddy to affect vapor production on the Ti.

Nice find @Alexis, in addition this one seems to be "the original" (the one I broke).
That of Steven looks less beautiful in photo, because the arm seems longer.
I ordered the other version of Steven (the one with the carb plug in 14mm), just to test.
Delivery seems delayed because of the snow.
Same here MrMonns. I much prefer the shape, design and tidy look of Vapefiend's one compared to Steven's. I agree it is too long, also the stopper and the joints did not look so well made. I bet my very well made Herbo Ti
bowls will fit more neatly in the Vapefiend one.

I was already going to buy this one anyway, so its nice to get a price drop.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bridge of the vapefiend adapter looks pretty short. Too short for the diameter of some flat top wt?

Please report.

@Alexis, why should use of the cloud buddy affect cloud production? Can't see any reason.

Hogni,

Alexis

Bridge of the vapefiend adapter looks pretty short. Too short for the diameter of some flat top wt?

Please report.

@Alexis, why should use of the cloud buddy affect cloud production? Can't see any reason.
Did you see @MrMonss 's post in the corner? He alluded (do you know this word Hogni? It's a good one I like it, love my rarer words me!) to such a usage and benefit when discussing the limitations of the Ti regarding instant cloud production, which he feels is far more easily achieved with the vapcaps.

But he feels that he can use the cloud buddy to generate more instant clouds with the Ti.
Im not saying I am aware of this or understand how- just the messenger bro, don't shoot me!;)

And a very good day to you friend, hope it is going well so far.

Last edited:
Alexis,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Nice term I didnt know before - as the most ones I guess. But I'm using the German term of it.
Thanks, my friend. So far so good. Life is going on :wave:

LabPong

Does anyone know of a real wide spread drown down? Trying to find one that would fit this guy and a couple others with a wider top shelf for the drop down.

dropD%20fit_zps9v1kdjxb.jpg

I could not seem to find one that had a real wide top (18 male) to 14 female

Baron23

It is a good safeguard against blowback also

YES!!

And I agree...carbs are intened to let you clear the can but it also ensures that you draw all of the vapor out of your mouth and throat and in to your lungs where cannabinoids can be absorbed.

Also, my general understanding is that compounds are absorbed by the lungs only when gasses are actively moving over the alveoli so opening the carb keeps things moving a bit longer.

And if none of this is true...I still like them because I just like them! hahaha

Alexis

YES!!

And I agree...carbs are intened to let you clear the can but it also ensures that you draw all of the vapor out of your mouth and throat and in to your lungs where cannabinoids can be absorbed.

Also, my general understanding is that compounds are absorbed by the lungs only when gasses are actively moving over the alveoli so opening the carb keeps things moving a bit longer.

And if none of this is true...I still like them because I just like them! hahaha
Thanks Baron, always appreciate your thoughts which I know are always focused on helping as much as your wisdom and experience allows.
Its funny because we have had the dead horse debate of hit/exhale technique and absorption over and over again, and many have long grown tired of it Im sure.

And yet, it seems to be coming up a lot lately in threads here and there. I actually think that this particular aspect of vaporizing and cannabis use will recieve more focus and query. It is still so unanswered in my mind. Lots of good ideas as you mention and I'm open to them all.

Now we may find out one day the deeper science of all this, except if weed becomes cheap as chips first...well then less people will care and just breathe out when they want, no financial implications at least.

For me personally it is all about getting maximum effect from my hard to provide and ensure herb supply.

If I simply wasn't worried about not having any weed for a long time within 12 months, and it honestly didn't matter if I vaped 0.5 or 1.5 in a day...then you won't see or hear me talking too much about hit holding or re-breathing! Just a different stance I mean.

Alexis,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Does anyone know of a real wide spread drown down? Trying to find one that would fit this guy and a couple others with a wider top shelf for the drop down.

I would love an answer to this question too. I got a 14mm one that works on my D020-D which is wider than the D020 (which I *think* that is?). It was from thick ass glass, but it was an older version or something they didn't make anymore and it was in the clearance section. I think in total I've bought 3 others that don't fit. I bought one that was also a reclaim adapter and I have to use it with the 14mm drop down adapter that fits, so I have 2 on there.

StormyPinkness,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I would love an answer to this question too. I got a 14mm one that works on my D020-D which is wider than the D020 (which I *think* that is?). It was from thick ass glass, but it was an older version or something they didn't make anymore and it was in the clearance section. I think in total I've bought 3 others that don't fit. I bought one that was also a reclaim adapter and I have to use it with the 14mm drop down adapter that fits, so I have 2 on there.

I have been seeing a lot of custom drop downs on IG lately!
They have a support marble that actually rests on the table so it will never tip.

greenmonky1

Not the same form factor but I use this on my D020: https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-glass-adapter-converter-glass-adapters/372357193.html. Unfortunately it's out of stock, but this one looks pretty similar: https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/glass-dropdown-adapter-10-styles-female-male/267852639.html. I haven't found any dropdowns in the style you posted that actually clear the sides on a D020.

Summer

Long Island, NY

You know, it's impossible to tell measurements from a picture as quite often the pics are distorted. You have to email the company for the measurements.

Agree!

I have been seeing a lot of custom drop downs on IG lately!
They have a support marble that actually rests on the table so it will never tip.

Link please!

MrMonss

I think it's about physics, but I can not find the exact english term (call of air?).
In any case with the TI the answer is impressive, try it if you don't have (This effect also works by removing and restoring the injector on the same inspiration).

For the dropdown I can not really express myself because I broke my D20D. But I have a dropdown of similar shape (N shape) and I also think it can enter.
THIS is the one that i have, you can also use it as a carb/dropdown (i use my finger on the male joint, not the glass part)

Top Bottom