Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Baron23

Thanks, I will ask for that the next times.
With StevenLMZ79 I never got problems. Low shipment costs and never having trouble with customs cause he delivers via the Netherlands.

Regarding Steven I want to contact him about offering a few more items

new-arrival-carbon-filter-adapter-19mm-male-to-19mm-female.jpg

Bowl filled with hemp fiber/cotton as a pre-filter cleans vapour and delivers a nice reclaim load sometime.

9ed48a4079bb35aa88a67ec9573bed6d.jpg

And this awesome claisen/reclaim catcher is very intersting for a lot of FC user, especially for use with bubblers with a wider flat top where no other downstem is suitable (no more offered by bonghero)

For that carb'd claisen (discontinued VXH Cloud Buddy, also, yeah?), Momofthegoons coordinated with Mike at OGB to recreate them. Yeah, $55 vs whatever they would be from DHGate (much less) but USA made and available.

http://www.oregonglassblower.com/CARB-ADAPTERS_c52.htm

snackmaster

I suppose we could create a best of thread in the glass section. My only concern is that these Chinese listings may change from time to time making any outdated posts useless. Has anyone noticed if the DHGate listings remain for long periods of time? I've never bothered to really check.

The thread would need to be locked (probably stickied, too), so I'm not sure how nominations would work. Maybe a separate thread, but that might be cumbersome.

I'll think about it a bit and see if something if feasible. I'm open to suggestions if you guys think it'd be a good idea.

:peace:

I've bookmarked a few items in the past and have later found the links are dead. A list of trusted sellers might have less turnover. Then maybe pictures of popular pieces along with search keywords to find them? Together that info should be pretty useful and "durable".

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks @Baron23 for your advice!
But for international customers it doesn't really make sense neither regarding (shipment) costs, customs and taxes nor patriotic intentions. It would nearly totally come to 80-100$. But good to know it IS available :tup:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks, I will ask for that the next times.
With StevenLMZ79 I never got problems. Low shipment costs and never having trouble with customs cause he delivers via the Netherlands.

Regarding Steven I want to contact him about offering a few more items

new-arrival-carbon-filter-adapter-19mm-male-to-19mm-female.jpg

Bowl filled with hemp fiber/cotton as a pre-filter cleans vapour and delivers a nice reclaim load sometime.

9ed48a4079bb35aa88a67ec9573bed6d.jpg

And this awesome claisen/reclaim catcher is very intersting for a lot of FC user, especially for use with bubblers with a wider flat top where no other downstem is suitable (no more offered by bonghero)
Vapefiend sell a similar claisen type adapter for just £20
https://vapefiend.co.uk/18mm-bridge-adapter

Hogni

Just got this message from Steven's Jane:

"oh,old friend, glad to hear from you.

Steven is think the advice is very important from FC,hope more FC memebers tell me their advice.

OK, so, what I should do?could you tell me more detailed?to produce this adpater?

BTW, WE ARE MAKING REALLY SEED OF LIFE PERC, MAKED BY LASER,DO NOT CUTTING.LOKE HERE ENCLOSED PIC,PLS CHECK..

Jane"

What does she want? A how-to-make an adapter with a bulb?? Am I a glassblower??

Obviously they need more input from the FC community. If you would like to contact them mention my msg (from Hogni). Called the items "carbon filter adapter" and "straight claisen/downstem"

Regarding the Seed of Life perc she added some pics:

other_2069309838_00.jpg

other_2069309839_00.jpg

other_2069309841_00.jpg

EDIT: This was my reply:

Hi Jane,

nice to hear that - greetings to Steven!

What should you do? Produce these items please! ;-)

As I've told you there ar3 really a lot of members at FC who are very interested in both items.

Especially the straight claisen/downstem is very important cause no downstem fits to your bubblers with a flat and wider top of body (like for example the FC 187, 188, UFO).
Even your offered downstems aren't suitable. It's important to make the base of each joint a little deeper than the connecting horizontal tube as a reservoir for collecting reclaim.

What shall I tell you about the adapter? I'm no glassblower but it seems to be made very simple. It's just a blown bulb between the two joints. Would be important not to make the bulb thin regarding stabilty and fragility and offer it with different kind of joints in different sizes. Look at the pic I've sent you about please.

I've published your pics of the Seed of Life percs at FC. Any pics of new pieces with this perc?

Best from Berlin

FC-Hogni

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Received an FC-186 from steven today, but no drop down adapters which were on the same order :(

Bit larger than I expected for some reason too lol

I'll be trying it out this evening after work, but I think I might look for something a bit smaller that I can pick up and hold easily.

[Edit]
When it's sat on my desk at home, it's about the right height for my mouth when sitting in my chair :D

Last edited:

Baron23

Just got this message from Steven's Jane:

"oh,old friend, glad to hear from you.

Steven is think the advice is very important from FC,hope more FC memebers tell me their advice.

OK, so, what I should do?could you tell me more detailed?to produce this adpater?

BTW, WE ARE MAKING REALLY SEED OF LIFE PERC, MAKED BY LASER,DO NOT CUTTING.LOKE HERE ENCLOSED PIC,PLS CHECK..

Jane"

What does she want? A how-to-make an adapter with a bulb?? Am I a glassblower??

Obviously they need more input from the FC community. If you would like to contact them mention my msg (from Hogni). Called the items "carbon filter adapter" and "straight claisen/downstem"

Regarding the Seed of Life perc she added some pics:

other_2069309838_00.jpg

other_2069309839_00.jpg

other_2069309841_00.jpg

EDIT: This was my reply:

Hi Jane,

nice to hear that - greetings to Steven!

What should you do? Produce these items please! ;-)

As I've told you there ar3 really a lot of members at FC who are very interested in both items.

Especially the straight claisen/downstem is very important cause no downstem fits to your bubblers with a flat and wider top of body (like for example the FC 187, 188, UFO).
Even your offered downstems aren't suitable. It's important to make the base of each joint a little deeper than the connecting horizontal tube as a reservoir for collecting reclaim.

What shall I tell you about the adapter? I'm no glassblower but it seems to be made very simple. It's just a blown bulb between the two joints. Would be important not to make the bulb thin regarding stabilty and fragility and offer it with different kind of joints in different sizes. Look at the pic I've sent you about please.

I've published your pics of the Seed of Life percs at FC. Any pics of new pieces with this perc?

Best from Berlin

FC-Hogni
I suspect that sending a drawing or picture may be more helpful, perhaps.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I've been fighting my GAS for a while successfully, until today I couldn't resist.

I decided I can't really spring for a full sized Piece, all modular the way I'd like, so I decided to get an Ashcatcher, and see about a J-Hook.

I wanted to check local shops before I order online, because sometimes they have some pretty cheap pieces.

I found this nice little ashcatcher/precooler, from Black Leaf for thirty bucks.

d5mbfye.jpg

I tried it, but wasn't too happy with the result (too lopsided/risky :lol:). I guess for a 1-hit extraction it will help though hehe. That is fun.

I've been wanting something light that I could use "from a distance", so I tried to hook up the Whip from my EQ, and it works great! Since it's 18mm I had to wrap a bit of kleenex around the end that goes into the glass, but it holds in there just fine!

Next step is getting a longer whip and/or making some kind of stand/box to keep everything sturdy and stable. I'm thinking of designs as right now, as I'm enjoying cool sips from this contraption!

gtVGAIP.jpg

I am loving it paired with the Air 2.

I kind of always had Black Leaf in mind as being kind of weird or bad, but I think that was because I went through a series of bad/cheap bongs by them. This Little Precooler though is really nice! It feels sturdy enough for what I'm gonna put it through. Everything inside also looks very nice.

NJoEiQV.jpg

UdvADg5.jpg

Alexis

Received an FC-186 from steven today, but no drop down adapters which were on the same order :(

Bit larger than I expected for some reason too lol

I'll be trying it out this evening after work, but I think I might look for something a bit smaller that I can pick up and hold easily.

[Edit]
When it's sat on my desk at home, it's about the right height for my mouth when sitting in my chair :D
I got mine today as well, and my other smaller Toro bubbler too! I wasn't expecting them for at least another week.
No customs as well!:clap:
Yes the FC-186 is a tallish piece. This is why I picked up on Newvape's photo of their much shorter model they showed using and questioned Edwyn about his recommendation and link for Steven's taller 34cm model.

I am assuming Edwyn has crosswd wires or overlooked something, as the rig he isnusing to inspire his new recommended "FP beater", is a different model to the one he linked and which many FP users have already flocked to buy.

I was a little undecided which to choose- Steven's, or one of the shorter models which are a bit cheaper as well.

I expect it will be a case of pros and cons. The bigger can will be good in some ways, and less in others. I may consider a shorter one later on, for variety and to see which I prefer. We will have to establish together which is the best FP model.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Where's the shorter one, if the larger one is the one from Steven/PopularGlass, as that's the one I bought last week.

I haven't found anything satisfying for my flowerpot besides the recycler thus far...

Hogni

@Hogni send this to them?
I got this other rig called BIG RED that has a piece to big for vaping?
4bfN0TM.jpg

FC UFO with a smaller mouthpiece I prefer!

Friend, I will do so but step by step. First let's wait for the adapter and the claisen. If they should produce/sell them we can ask for other mouthpieces :wave:Meanwhile you could collect and post some pics of mouthpieces you would like to see offered by Steven?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I got mine today as well, and my other smaller Toro bubbler too! I wasn't expecting them for at least another week.
No customs as well!:clap:
Yes the FC-186 is a tallish piece. This is why I picked up on Newvape's photo of their much shorter model they showed using and questioned Edwyn about his recommendation and link for Steven's taller 34cm model.

I am assuming Edwyn has crosswd wires or overlooked something, as the rig he isnusing to inspire his new recommended "FP beater", is a different model to the one he linked and which many FP users have already flocked to buy.

I was a little undecided which to choose- Steven's, or one of the shorter models which are a bit cheaper as well.

I expect it will be a case of pros and cons. The bigger can will be good in some ways, and less in others. I may consider a shorter one later on, for variety and to see which I prefer. We will have to establish together which is the best FP model.
It works really well with the FP. It just looks quite tall on my desk, it's head and shoulders over my hydratubes.
Minimal extra draw restriction with the second perc (compared to my D020-D), very stable, the mouthpiece is just about the right height when sat on my desk so I'm not leaning over or picking the piece up and it milks easily.
:tup::rockon::science:
I do sort of wish it had a sidecar mouthpiece too so I could see the density of the vapour a little better

Where's the shorter one, if the larger one is the one from Steven/PopularGlass, as that's the one I bought last week.

I haven't found anything satisfying for my flowerpot besides the recycler thus far...
Hi @muunch, what kind of recycler do you have?
Is it Chinese glass? If so, do you have a link to it please?

Last edited:

Alexis

It is the one in Edwyn's video the other day, with a Mobius logo but clearly at least 5 cm shorter than the 186. If you just sesrch dhgate for "mobius stereo matrix" you will see other options and the heights vary.

Im not sure if I can link it without getting a silent and annonymous, albeit painless wrist slap!;).

Have a great day in class dude- keep us all posted on how you like the 186 when you get it.:tup:

Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

@Alexis , what's about your own piece? Didn't you try it up to now?
At least it's a beauty in my eyes. I love it's straight unpretentious form factor and the view of it's water games in action.

Why do you compare the different height of the versions before testing your own first?

@Pyr0 ,try to connect a j-hook or a short whip and a piece of silicone with the mouthpiece for a better view and lower draw position.

But isn't it extraordinary smooth in use?

Wish you a lot of joy with your new pieces!

Alexis

@Alexis , what's about your own piece? Didn't you try it up to now?
At least it's a beauty in my eyes. I love it's straight unpretentious form factor and the view of it's water games in action.

Why do you compare the different height of the versions before testing your own first?

@Pyr0 ,try to connect a j-hook or a short whip and a piece of silicone with the mouthpiece for a better view and lower draw position.

But isn't it extraordinary smooth in use?

Wish you a lot of joy with your new pieces!
I have not ued it yet Hogni, I have a fresh winter coxsackie virus the same time every year, after battling so hard to lower all my infections recemtly. These neurological coxsackie viruses mess everyhting up causing stiffness and muscle weakness and always get direct into my lungs and intestines.

So I am in a poor condition and will have to use a lot of energy to get back on top. I have my Flowerpot and controller, just wanted to be on better shape and need to do some housework before I can consider setting it up.
I dont expect the FC 186 to be defificient of subpar in any way, I just found it rather stramge that Edwyn so strongly recommemded the FC 186 for the Fp when he is cleary using a different model himself.
I have asked him for clarification on this a few times with no response. I just want to make people aware of the options in case the shorter model might be preferred by some, that is all, so that we can maybe get some conparisons done in the name of establishing the ulrimate FP rig.

Very good on you Hogni for engaing with Popular Glass regardimg the adapters. It seems they are receivimg you well and you are doing an excellent job motivating them to make these pieces.

For what it is worth Hogni, I feel that you are always asking the right questions and have great wisdom and insight on all things, keep at it pal!:tup:

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom