CCA Liger banger V3.0

ItWasaGoodDre

My insert got stuck from bubble cap being able to pull oil over the insert. I set enail to 900 overnight and woke up to a purple liger lol. SiC dish popped right out tho

Same thing happened to me when I first got the Chad Bro bubble cap and, 3 months later, it's still stuck to this day. I think I may have been the first to have this happen as no one could really comprehend at the time that the insert was literally fused to the rig with carbon. Did a ton of acetone baths and boiling ISO, but nothing seems to dent the carbon. I'm glad you validated this phenomenon. Ultimately, I've decided I don't really care about the insert being stuck. It's not worth the effort it would take to get it out. I like my rainbow liger and don't really want to super heat it and change the color just get it out. I never use my quartz insert anyhow, so I just leave the SiC in there and clean the liger as normal (which is almost daily). Hasn't impacted performance at all that I can notice.

ItWasaGoodDre,

dizaster096

Got my new Tier 1 SiC from winning it in cca710 first instagram stream. :razz: Way easier to clean bottom of it feels just like my quartz and allows better spread for more flavor. You can see yourself in its reflection.

Once more sapphire is in i will be getting that also. :D

antiburn

Thank you, @antiburn, I was trying to remember who suggested the BS technique (that's Baking Soda lol). I remember you saying you also clean your Ti pieces this way, which is my bigger issue. Takes them longer to get crusty, but once they do, they're hard to clean without ruining the finish. How do you go about doing that? Pretty much the same way as the insert? Put some dry BS on and scrub with wet Qtip?

PS: easiest insert cleaning method I have found, though I can't take credit for it, is when your insert is room temp, fill it with cool, distilled water and wait 5 min. Wipe out with Qtip, no need to even really scrub. Prepare to be amazed. It's that easy. The cool water just lifts the gunk off.
Depends on what part I'm cleaning. For the sides and top lip area, I get a q-tip damp and dip it into some baking soda which I usually keep in one of my empty containers near the rig. Then I use that to scrub part of the side or wherever needs it. You'll just have to keep applying a bit more to scrub with, it shouldn't take much. For years BS has been the best way I've known to fully clean my ceramic pots and pans.

antiburn,
Reactions: Hogni

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
With all the encouraging talk of all orders going out this week I had high hopes. It's been 25 days since my Liger order but I haven't heard a thing yet.

Caelar900

Got my new Tier 1 SiC from winning it in cca710 first instagram stream.
I got one of the Tier 1's in too. They are def a step up :tup:

With all the encouraging talk of all orders going out this week I had high hopes. It's been 25 days since my Liger order but I haven't heard a thing yet.

I think everyone should be getting they're tracking numbers early tommow or Monday. Sounds like everything was packaged up today and they just had to bring it to the post office!

VisiblyVaped

Well, I still couldn't get a liger but I might towards the end of the month after we're finished moving (and my 8 month pregnant fiancé isn't quite as stressed, making a $150 splurge less of an eye roller for her).
I was totally going to about a week ago, but then that day I had a rig break on me and had to replace that.
Take away lesson: enails don't work well going directly into a thin 14mm female downstem of a piece. Adapters are now a way of life for me.

Question for you liger lifers out there......how's the hits? I know it's a great taste, better clean, etc......but what about the rips?

If one wants to, does the liger provide what's needed for a lung-busting-holy-sh*t-I-might-die type of rip from a nice dab?

I'm getting some lovable chokers with the included Ti nail or a quartz banger(torched though), but I have a feeling I could be missing out on something......

Edit: I should clarify things. I ask A LOT of questions due to only having had my medical card for a few months. Before that I had no access to concentrates besides vape cartridges, so I've really only been dabbing regularly since mid april....

Last edited:
VisiblyVaped,

Kalikron

Have you guys seen the new collaboration between @CCA710 and the makers of the "KubeOne", @TheAugustHaus? These new coils @TheAugustHaus is making for the Liger V3 30mm flat coil are the best liger coil around and I've tried them all....They cover the sides as well as the bottom (like having barrel AND flat coil simultaneously) similar to August's other coil/QCB designs! Josh is the man (also a total genius); and he even sent me a new custom shield/shroud in matching color for my new custom coil... It heats up so fast/even it's scary! Check this out! (please excuse the messy area/insert. Need to clean but it's a weekend!) Note how the new heat shield/retainer is so much larger than before; to accommodate the new improved coil design:
kdprp6p.jpg
Iw1SSDW.jpg
The new shroud and coil from the collab is pictured next to my regular size flat coil & shroud for size comparison. You can easily see the huge difference in size, that results in a faster heating time + more stable surface temp.
The new "tier 1" polish is sweet! I have the new SiC (pictured but dirty) and was lucky enough to get a new Sapphire as well. They're both just plain awesome & neither will be a disappointment. If you use your gear a lot, then it's a justified upgrade; even if you have the older style already. Its that much better. The new SiC cleans up almost as good as the sapphire does with the new polish.

The new coil is a beast that delivers a seriously even heat source. August has answered the call and raised the bar; now there's a coil option that is just as luxurious as the Liger itself. I love that his coils aren't the plain Kanthal like others use; the nickel alloy (NiCr) he uses tastes way better (no metallic taste like w/kanthal) and is a better quality resistance wire; when compared to plain Kanthal/FeCrAl. This also results in a more efficient and longer lasting coil; better taste is a happy bonus. Most other companies call this an, "extended life" (or whatever) coil and charge more for it; its standard here. I can't wait to see how other companies react to this and what they do to similarly "level up"....

It's sitting on a gem JebbGlass "Large" Castle rig and man it shreds anything you can throw at it!! 2 gram dabs are child's play....but you can also take a perfectly temp'ed and efficiently vaporized tiny crumb dab. It works all-around!
I can't thank Josh & August both enough for the hookup, "ahead of the curve" on this one! I'm such a happy customer indeed!!

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
@lazylightning Damn. Still nothing for me. Out of curiosity what was your order for?

20mm Liger 3.0
Storm Cell
SiC insert
Female joint adapter

I wonder if they just had too many orders to get them all done by the weekend. I emailed them last night at the same time I posted here and they had a tracking number to me within a couple hours. Maybe asking about it tipped the scale and got me under the wire for weekend shipment?

lazylightning,
20mm Liger 3.0
Storm Cell
SiC insert
Female joint adapter

I wonder if they just had too many orders to get them all done by the weekend. I emailed them last night at the same time I posted here and they had a tracking number to me within a couple hours. Maybe asking about it tipped the scale and got me under the wire for weekend shipment?

I'm happy for you thats awesome. I asked about it twice because I was told I would get a tracking number friday/sat morning (today) but still nothing, then I asked again because I have a festival I really need this for and if it isn't shipped I might have to get a dnail instead so I can get it in time, someone told me this week now so we'll see.

bulbous_head,

ItWasaGoodDre

Have you guys seen the new collaboration between @CCA710 and the makers of the "KubeOne", @TheAugustHaus? These new coils @TheAugustHaus is making for the Liger V3 30mm flat coil are the best liger coil around and I've tried them all....They cover the sides as well as the bottom (like having barrel AND flat coil simultaneously) similar to August's other coil/QCB designs! Josh is the man (also a total genius); and he even sent me a new custom shield/shroud in matching color for my new custom coil... It heats up so fast/even it's scary! Check this out! (please excuse the messy area/insert. Need to clean but it's a weekend!) Note how the new heat shield/retainer is so much larger than before; to accommodate the new improved coil design:
kdprp6p.jpg
!

Dope! What an awesome idea! How much are they and are they currently available?

Kalikron

Dope! What an awesome idea! How much are they and are they currently available?
I am not exactly 100% sure on the retail price of either as they're not currently available....yet. It shouldn't be long at all though until they're up for sale on their respective manufacturers websites. Seriously could be up anytime. But I'd contact August Lilley @ www.theaugusthaus.com or Josh @CCA710 here or at their site; I'm sure either could point you in the right direction.....both are awesome companies and you won't be sorry at all!!

Baron23

kdprp6p.jpg
Iw1SSDW.jpg
The new shroud and coil from the collab is pictured next to my regular size flat coil & shroud for size comparison. You can easily see the huge difference in size, that results in a faster heating time + more stable surface temp.
The new "tier 1" polish is sweet! I have the new SiC (pictured but dirty) and was lucky enough to get a new Sapphire as well. They're both just plain awesome & neither will be a disappointment. If you use your gear a lot, then it's a justified upgrade; even if you have the older style already. Its that much better. The new SiC cleans up almost as good as the sapphire does with the new polish.

The new coil is a beast that delivers a seriously even heat source. August has answered the call and raised the bar; now there's a coil option that is just as luxurious as the Liger itself. I love that his coils aren't the plain Kanthal like others use; the nickel alloy (NiCr) he uses tastes way better (no metallic taste like w/kanthal) and is a better quality resistance wire; when compared to plain Kanthal/FeCrAl. This also results in a more efficient and longer lasting coil; better taste is a happy bonus. Most other companies call this an, "extended life" (or whatever) coil and charge more for it; its standard here. I can't wait to see how other companies react to this and what they do to similarly "level up"....

It's sitting on a gem JebbGlass "Large" Castle rig and man it shreds anything you can throw at it!! 2 gram dabs are child's play....but you can also take a perfectly temp'ed and efficiently vaporized tiny crumb dab. It works all-around!
I can't thank Josh & August both enough for the hookup, "ahead of the curve" on this one! I'm such a happy customer indeed!!
What kind of connector and what pin outs are on the August/CCA coils? Is it a 5 pin XLR with standard pin outs or do you have to use August's controller box?

Baron23

Taking a closer look at Augusthaus website, in the pictures it looks like their Cube has a five pin full size XLR. Pin outs are probably the standard, but no info on them on the site that I could find.

Baron23,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

What kind of connector and what pin outs are on the August/CCA coils? Is it a 5 pin XLR with standard pin outs or do you have to use August's controller box?
I haven't tried them on my other PID because I wasn't brave enough (and had no real need to, I dig the KubeOne). I do know that August uses custom coils that have larger power requirements, due to their size and material. It's not the same type of cable (different thickness/length) or coil material that came with my other next gen eNails.... it could work. Or your specific PID may have a fuse that will not supply correct power to this type of coil; even if it's wired similarly and uses the same thermocouple. I would definitely talk with August or the manufacturer of your specific PID (eNail controller) about safe and/or effective range/tolerance of your specific hardware, before trying to use a custom coil. If I had to guess, I'd say it's the standard style configuration and "K-type" thermocouple though. But again, I wouldn't start ordering or pluggin' stuff in; at least until I talked with someone. It is an awesome setup that is worth looking into though....Hopefully that helps!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom