CCA Liger banger V3.0

VisiblyVaped

Ok thank you fellas, next question -

I'm going to have a newborn in the house within 5 weeks, and I have to be semi discreet in where I put things and how I do them. I'm not worried about storage, but I am worried about smell. When I use concentrates there's never usually a lasting smell but something with my crappy, included, 6 in 1 nail that barely works leaves my place smelling for much longer. Residual oils or machine oils still on?

Anyone have a smell issue with a liger ever?

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

Ok thank you fellas, next question -

I'm going to have a newborn in the house within 5 weeks, and I have to be semi discreet in where I put things and how I do them. I'm not worried about storage, but I am worried about smell. When I use concentrates there's never usually a lasting smell but something with my crappy, included, 6 in 1 nail that barely works leaves my place smelling for much longer. Residual oils or machine oils still on?

Anyone have a smell issue with a liger ever?

Yes a session of dabs will leave the area you use the liger a bit smelly. But nothing like a session of combustion. Dryer sheets and an empty roll of toilet paper might be wise. Is there an overhead fan you can use to ventilate the area? The smell is much more manageable than smoke.

VisiblyVaped

Yes a session of dabs will leave the area you use the liger a bit smelly. But nothing like a session of combustion. Dryer sheets and an empty roll of toilet paper might be wise. Is there an overhead fan you can use to ventilate the area? The smell is much more manageable than smoke.

Definitely can have a little fan by me, and I haven't used a roll of tp with a dryer sheet in years - good call.
It's really the residue from the nail though, not the exhaling, that worries me.
When I use my g9 handheld one now, or even go old school with a glass nail and a torch in a tiny bubbler, the smell is minimal and dissipates within 10 min.
It was definitely way worse on that 6 in 1 nail on the 20mm coil, but not fully like a vape smell. Hard to describe, but was unpleasant.....

Eh I would say no worse than a banger as long as you remember to qtip well

I'm terrible at q-tips, I just clean stuff when it's needed. But if a q tip after every couple dabs makes the smell manageable and way less intrusive I'm down to start..

Edit: I should clarify things too - I can't afford to get a liger and an insert right now so either way I'm vaping off the Ti. Almost 200 is just too much. Even the 130 (well, minus 10%) is a bit much when I was originally thinking I could be ok with this in a male option to put in my 14mm female rigs... ...I'm very torn.

https://www.bosstitanium.com/products/boss-titanium-20mm-titanium-nail-for-enails

Last edited:
VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Caelar900

VisiblyVaped

Get good at q-tips ;) , they're an essential part of maintaining the liger. 1 or 2 after every dab keeps her nice and clean :)

I'm still trying to justify that price over just getting the boss nail I linked. I know I'll be using quartz bangers on occasion too, and I certainly can't afford an insert right now so either way I'm dabbing off Ti with the nails.......

Dammit all

VisiblyVaped,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nobody in the Liger thread is going to recommend that other nail. If you don't have the money it's probably not a good time to go shopping, no? And if you really want to be discrete you might consider a Hercules or other type of pen where you can step outside for a quick puff and not worry so much about lingering scents.

invertedisdead,

Shatterdad

I think all emails have a scent that most of us using don't even notice. When I had my hive ceramic my Nieghbor would always say it smells like a clean hospital. Regardless get a liger or gtfo

Shatterdad,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Has anyone else noticed how stepping up from Ti/quartz to SiC seems to leave behind a whole lot less reclaim? I can't tell if it's placebo or not, but the amount of vapor I get out of this thing amazes me with every load.

KimDracula

Has anyone else noticed how stepping up from Ti/quartz to SiC seems to leave behind a whole lot less reclaim? I can't tell if it's placebo or not, but the amount of vapor I get out of this thing amazes me with every load.

Yep, I noticed a huge difference that allowed me to get much higher on much less. The SiC is a lot more conductive and vaporizes the oil far more efficiently and the flavor doesn't get bad if you have to hit it multiple times.

ItWasaGoodDre

I'm getting a new rig, so I figured it's time for a second Liger. I already own a rainbow 20mm with SiC and quartz inserts.

I'm torn between trying a 30mm or getting another 20mm in a different colorway (Blue or silver). I know that the function is better on the 20mm and I already have a good variety of caps that fit it, but I am intrigued about the visual aspect of the 30mm.

What do you guys think?

ItWasaGoodDre,

Monsoon

I'm getting a new rig, so I figured it's time for a second Liger. I already own a rainbow 20mm with SiC and quartz inserts.

I'm torn between trying a 30mm or getting another 20mm in a different colorway (Blue or silver). I know that the function is better on the 20mm and I already have a good variety of caps that fit it, but I am intrigued about the visual aspect of the 30mm.

What do you guys think?
Just get the 30mm, the colour of the bucket will change from use and they won't be the original blue or silver after awhile. Plus variety is the spice of life! I've only tried the 30mm but it's still my daily driver, the large surface area is nice and easy to clean with a qtip. Larger surface area and chamber size might make for a more airy hit with increased convection. I usually spread my dab quickly across the surface and then cap it until I'm done several inhales later and the taste is pretty much good to the end.

By the way whoever they hired is doing a bang up job on social media, they keep popping up on my Facebook feed with reposts from happy customers on IG and drumming up support for the company.

Last edited:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
The 30mm is awesome. I can't speak for the function of the other sizes, but one could assume the 30mm's advantage in surface area would make it the most efficient variant. I could be wrong, though the fact that 16 and 20mm coils wrap around rather than heat the floor of the surface leads me to believe that flat coil is where it's at. Also, mine came completely brass and now it's purple around the bottom of the bucket where the coil locks into place. I love how it turned out, seeing how it's tied down to a rig which also sports purple accents.

Marihuana,

Danksta

What do you guys think?

I recommend the 30mm. I have both sizes and love the options. They both serve a purpose for me. 20 w a bubble cap is probably the most fun to use and is great for small dabs. The 30 is better for small and large dabs because of the larger surface area. I think the 30 has a slight edge on taste too.

Getting a dual PID so I can run them side by side. Variety is the spice of life. :D

Congrats on the new rig. :science:

ItWasaGoodDre

I recommend the 30mm. I have both sizes and love the options. They both serve a purpose for me. 20 w a bubble cap is probably the most fun to use and is great for small dabs. The 30 is better for small and large dabs because of the larger surface area. I think the 30 has a slight edge on taste too.

Getting a dual PID so I can run them side by side. Variety is the spice of life. :D

Congrats on the new rig. :science:

Done and done! The 30mm it is. Hearing that from you (since you have both) really sold it for me. I just love my 20mm so much, it's been hard to commit to something different.

What's the best bubble cap for a 30mm? That's other main factor for me. As much as I love my Terp Trunk, the bubble caps are the real game changer. I have both a Gordo PB bubble (this thing is straight ridiculous in function) and a chad bro bubble, but neither of those would fit.

I am considering getting one of the Bubble Terp Tuners mentioned on this thread earlier as they definitely fit 30mm.

Also, I've been wondering how much it would cost to get Gordo to make a custom cap or 2 in 30mm...

VisiblyVaped

Regardless get a liger or gtfo

I am glad I've been here long enough (3-4 years?) to know that your way of speaking to others is certainly not the norm around here.
Every vape product I've ever purchased I've checked reviews and opinions here. And I've also lurked threads and posted when on the fence with stuff I didn't purchase. While I do appreciate the initial post, simply answering my question about smell, it's overshadowed by the last part. Kind of sounded like a d*ck dude...

I likely will get a liger. I just popped in to check threads happily now after being able to finally lock in a seal on both the nail of the crappy 6 in 1 and in my 14f joint. Way to kill a buzz bro

antiburn

After having my 30mm for over 6 months now and running it for at least several hours each day if not nearly all day, my colors really haven't changed. Just don't do things like use high heat to clean if you want to retain your colors. Some chemical baths could also change the anodization color from what I've read here.

I've been loving the Riptide cap! It's a little smaller than I'd like, but it does seal up well without trouble. Smaller disk than the TerpTrunck as expected since this wasn't custom. Its about the same size as my bucket's outer diameter. The air flow is more open than my TerpTrunk, but it too can be adjusted using your finger over the top hole. The flavor really is great with this cap as @Danksta has said! Both my boro caps have superior flavor over my Ti caps, but the Riptide does win, even though they all "function" well. This thing just smashes out more terpy goodness than my other caps!

Shatterdad

I am glad I've been here long enough (3-4 years?) to know that your way of speaking to others is certainly not the norm around here.
Every vape product I've ever purchased I've checked reviews and opinions here. And I've also lurked threads and posted when on the fence with stuff I didn't purchase. While I do appreciate the initial post, simply answering my question about smell, it's overshadowed by the last part. Kind of sounded like a d*ck dude...

I likely will get a liger. I just popped in to check threads happily now after being able to finally lock in a seal on both the nail of the crappy 6 in 1 and in my 14f joint. Way to kill a buzz bro

Apologies I had a tounge out emoji I was just being sarcastic

Shatterdad,

Danksta

Done and done! The 30mm it is. Hearing that from you (since you have both) really sold it for me. I just love my 20mm so much, it's been hard to commit to something different.

What's the best bubble cap for a 30mm? That's other main factor for me. As much as I love my Terp Trunk, the bubble caps are the real game changer. I have both a Gordo PB bubble (this thing is straight ridiculous in function) and a chad bro bubble, but neither of those would fit.

I am considering getting one of the Bubble Terp Tuners mentioned on this thread earlier as they definitely fit 30mm.

Also, I've been wondering how much it would cost to get Gordo to make a custom cap or 2 in 30mm...

I have not found a bubble for the 30 yet. The bucket is very big so quartz banger 30mm caps usually are too small still or the intake is too long.

I'd be careful assuming the Terp Turner will work with the 30. That would be a nice surprise but those are meant for quartz bangers. The insert is 30mm the bucket is 38 I believe. The Liger may be banger style but it's still a different animal compared to what those caps are intended for.

Probably why Chad Bro made a stink about it with that one guy.

If you find one for the 30 (preferly not Chinese) let us know.

My riptide works great with it so I've kinda settled with that and gave up on a bubble for the 30.

Excited to hear your feedback on the 30. Would love to see a pic with the new rig/Liger too.

Danksta,

Terpstar

i love terpenes
If anyone with a 20mm is looking for a clear bubble cap, this thing fits and works well. I love mine. Plus it's hard to beat 40 bucks.

fSzIxhF_d.jpg

Last edited:

Gn0sis

Probably why Chad Bro made a stink about it with that one guy.

I was that guy....

Problem is Chad Bro was doing false advertising by claiming his terp trunks work with ALL style bangers.... I have screen shots of at least 10 instances where he says this... He refused to ever own up to his false claims.

He was the first glass blower i ever reached out to on IG and having dealt with several other since, i found chad bro to be the least responsive and the least pleasant to work with. On one of the auctions i won, chad said "send money within the hour and I'll ship your cap before i leave for vacation tomorrow morning"... I sent him the cash within minutes and waited 10 days while watching him post vacation pics only for him to respond that he never got to sending it. Never hooked me up or even apologized.

when i told him what he sent doesnt work with the liger, he did send me a regular cap and even sent me another when i made a fuss about his caps not working with "ALL style bangers" , but not a single one of those caps works well... Im currently looking into having a local glass blower modify them to be exactly how I wanted Chad bro to make em.

Gordo who has x10 the amount of followers as Chad, never took more than a day to answer a DM... Chad bro takes up to a week.

My custom riptides are finally coming tomorrow and my custom bubble cap for 30mm is coming later in the week as well. I already got the bubble cap, but had to send it back for a modification.

If the bubble cap works out well, will share the dimensions i specified to have it made. So far, very happy with the quality and price.

Danksta

I was that guy....

Problem is Chad Bro was doing false advertising by claiming his terp trunks work with ALL style bangers.... I have screen shots of at least 10 instances where he says this... He refused to ever own up to his false claims.

He was the first glass blower i ever reached out to on IG and having dealt with several other since, i found chad bro to be the least responsive and the least pleasant to work with. On one of the auctions i won, chad said "send money within the hour and I'll ship your cap before i leave for vacation tomorrow morning"... I sent him the cash within minutes and waited 10 days while watching him post vacation pics only for him to respond that he never got to sending it. Never hooked me up or even apologized.

when i told him what he sent doesnt work with the liger, he did send me a regular cap and even sent me another when i made a fuss about his caps not working with "ALL style bangers" , but not a single one of those caps works well... Im currently looking into having a local glass blower modify them to be exactly how I wanted Chad bro to make em.

Gordo who has x10 the amount of followers as Chad and never took more than a day to answer a DM... Chad bro takes up to a week.

My custom riptides are finally coming tomorrow and my custom bubble cap for 30mm is coming later in the week as well. I already got the bubble cap, but had to send it back for a modification.

If the bubble cap works out well, will share the dimensions i specified to have it made. So far, very happy with the quality and price.

I had a bad feeling from the start based on his name. Don't need to support Bro culture lol. :lol:

Gordo seems like a cool Dude :cool:

Hyped to hear about the customs and how they compare to the normal riptides.

ItWasaGoodDre

I was that guy....

Gordo who has x10 the amount of followers as Chad, never took more than a day to answer a DM... Chad bro takes up to a week.

Weird. I've always had really good interactions with Chad. And the bro stuff is obviously satire. His response time can be a bit longer than some other blowers, but the dude is turning out a ton of caps between his terp trunks (both standard and custom) and his bubble caps, so I do understand why that is.

So the Terp Trunk doesn't work well with the 30mm?

Have you spoken with Gordo about doing a custom bubble cap for the 30mm? I'd be VERY interested in talking to him about it. I'm sure a few of us on here could band together and order multiple to make it more worthwhile for him.

herbivore21

I was that guy....

Man I am sorry to say that this kind of bullshit service is the same that I've experienced from too many glassblowers lately. Sorry to hear that this happened to you too.

There are too many shitty business people with negligible work ethics and even worse customer service in the glass game. I am not saying that this is specifically the case with Chadbro, I don't know the dude, but I also know that I'm not giving my money to anybody in the glass industry ever again. I'll stick with the rigs that I have and thank myself for not having to go through the countless attempts to chase people who have my money and didn't give me what I paid for.

Gn0sis

Have you spoken with Gordo about doing a custom bubble cap for the 30mm? I'd be VERY interested in talking to him about it. I'm sure a few of us on here could band together and order multiple to make it more worthwhile for him.

I got pretty lucky with the custom riptides that are coming...

When I asked Gordo for them, he said "no, sorry, we are not doing customs right now", but for whatever reason (i guess Gordo is just an awesome guy) he made them anyway and said "these are the biggest I've made yet"

the thought of us 30mm liger owners banding together to make a bigger order has crossed my mind as well. i think it's definitely worth a try. i only got 2 of them and 1 is going to a friend who has a 30mm also. so, both of us will need at least 2 more spares for sure.

lets gauge the demand to see if there is enough for like 15 to 20 caps (i was ready to grab 6 when Gordo said no, so i assume it needs to be like 15 - 20 at least). if the demand is there, i can definitely ask him....

edit:

gordo was originally supposed to send me 40mm caps, which is like the biggest within the size variance of his standard ones. after already agreeing to those and paying for them, i realized that 40mm would still be too small for comfortable movement on the liger, so i asked him for 6 of 45mm customs, which is when he said "no" and that they're not making customs right now...

will report tomorrow if 45mm is big enough to comfortably move around so that the air holes can hit the center of the insert as well. (standard size riptide airholes can only hit the part where the wall and bottom surface of the insert meet because the base isn't wide enough to maintain a seal while being moved around.)

His response time can be a bit longer than some other blowers, but the dude is turning out a ton of caps between his terp trunks (both standard and custom) and his bubble caps, so I do understand why that is.

sure, he's turning out a ton of caps, i seen the rows of them in pics and his live videos... what i found really frustrating is that he somehow finds the time to post several memes a day on his instagram, but not reply to direct messages for days at a time.

at the end, i got so fed up, i filed a claim with PayPal. after not not hearing from Chad for a week, he messaged me in less than 10 minutes after my call ended with PP customer service. i regret agreeing to having him send me another useless cap, i should have just taken the refund route as PP said I could.

Last edited:
Top Bottom